Gguga12

Aug 12, 2016
I am about to become really unpopular here , I would suggest in next update developers focus solely on making sure saved versions from previous games work, which would delay the update more, I feel this is most important feature to do.

I am looking forward to the teachers update, the asian science teacher update for sure.
you might like this from a new dev on discord

'So to clear any confusions, I was indeed hired to do a clean up of the old SS code, because DC (by is own admission), despite being a great artist, sucks "donkey balls" at coding, something I'm good at. I contacted DC a while ago asking to join the project, because SS is a great game and I wanted to be a part of it. DC didn't need my help then, but now things have changed, so right now, I'm implementing some new content (because it's easy for me to do, and helps me get familiar with renpy) but then, when my current assignments are completed for 0.15, I'll work on rebuilding the codebase, improving the inventory system, character handling and all that jazz, so that saves can finally be compatible across versions of the game.

that cleanup will take some time to be done, as SS's codebase has become quite large over the course of the updates. My ETA would be that by 15.5, it will be complete (no promises though, I've been on the job for less than a week now, and renpy has its ways...)'

PatreonTed

Jun 3, 2017

'So to clear any confusions, I was indeed hired to do a clean up of the old SS code, because DC (by is own admission), despite being a great artist, sucks "donkey balls" at coding, something I'm good at. I contacted DC a while ago asking to join the project, because SS is a great game and I wanted to be a part of it. DC didn't need my help then, but now things have changed, so right now, I'm implementing some new content (because it's easy for me to do, and helps me get familiar with renpy) but then, when my current assignments are completed for 0.15, I'll work on rebuilding the codebase, improving the inventory system, character handling and all that jazz, so that saves can finally be compatible across versions of the game.

that cleanup will take some time to be done, as SS's codebase has become quite large over the course of the updates. My ETA would be that by 15.5, it will be complete (no promises though, I've been on the job for less than a week now, and renpy has its ways...)'
It was funny on the all day stream yesterday, DC was lamenting the fact he was so bad at the coding part in the beginning that he made a big mess.

Notretsam

Game Developer
Nov 1, 2017

fantastic news, I knew developers wanted to add the save feature, but was under the impression it be ages away, like V17.0 version.

An the new developer is not wrong, the codebase can easily get away from you the more you add to it.

SengalBoi

Jun 12, 2017
i only played it on 1.4.5. How was the story before the revamp?
Roughly the same minus the car, tv at night and mall scene. Also the pool scene was new with the mom quickly having sex with you afterwards. In previous ones the mom only manages to give blowjobs and left when MC wakes up and the day after she initiates the laundry sex.

Trapezio

Engaged Member
Sep 28, 2017
Roughly the same minus the car, tv at night and mall scene. Also the pool scene was new with the mom quickly having sex with you afterwards. In previous ones the mom only manages to give blowjobs and left when MC wakes up and the day after she initiates the laundry sex.
You're leaving out a lot of new things.

i only played it on 1.4.5. How was the story before the revamp?
Have a look at the changelog.

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
Meh.... I just want to impregnate all the women.
Unless DC changes the plans he mentioned while streaming it will be - as mentioned by others - introduced with Diane's update and after that there'll only be one big pregnancy update in which most/all the other girls who are supposed to get pregnant will get the option. Diane will likely get her update somewhere around august but I'd guess the big update will at least take 1,5 years from now, if not more.

Lykanz

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 2, 2017
Unless DC changes the plans he mentioned while streaming it will be - as mentioned by others - introduced with Diane's update and after that there'll only be one big pregnancy update in which most/all the other girls who are supposed to get pregnant will get the option. Diane will likely get her update somewhere around august but I'd guess the big update will at least take 1,5 years from now, if not more.
That is, if Patreon doesn't come knocking on DC's door untill then. To be honest I'm amazed as how they didn't yet...

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
That is, if Patreon doesn't come knocking on DC's door untill then. To be honest I'm amazed as how they didn't yet...
As far as I'm aware they didn't even contact him until now and to me it seems a lot like patreon cares more about the look of things. They obviously don't want to loose all the revenue they get with adult content so as long as the patreonpage is clean and the linked content is clean (that's why he removed the Wiki from the Summertimesaga homepage) things seem to be ok for patreon. DC is one of the biggest creators on patreon so they'll have had a look on his page. I'd say the project should be save unless they decide to crack down on every bit of adult content but I somewhat doubt that's going to happen.

Infamy

Engaged Member
Sep 25, 2016
As far as I'm aware they didn't even contact him until now and to me it seems a lot like patreon cares more about the look of things. They obviously don't want to loose all the revenue they get with adult content so as long as the patreonpage is clean and the linked content is clean (that's why he removed the Wiki from the Summertimesaga homepage) things seem to be ok for patreon. DC is one of the biggest creators on patreon so they'll have had a look on his page. I'd say the project should be save unless they decide to crack down on every bit of adult content but I somewhat doubt that's going to happen.
Just waiting for Patreon to take it to far and people take their ball and go home and use some other service.

Rando Civ

LMFAO.
Game Developer
Jul 31, 2017
The guy makes almost 25000 dollars. Would that have anything to do with it?

Or who knows. Maybe the CEO is actually a fan.

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
The guy makes almost 25000 dollars. Would that have anything to do with it?
I'm not sure. At least DmD should have made an amount close to that aswell and yet they outright banned it. Surely money will be an issue but there seems to be a line which they don't want to see crossed, no matter how well a developer does.

4.00 star(s) 359 Votes