jayp420

Mar 6, 2017
well I stumbled my way through for a bit, never figured out how to fish, not really sure if I've hit the end of this version or if you need to do events (like the lifeguard or judith) multiple times in order to do more. Can't progress with Mia at all. Is there a walkthrough so I can know if I've seen all there is to see?
Not sure if there is a walkthrough but the fishing game is bugged/pointless in current version. Lifeguard and Judith stories stop after the first time you mess around with them, same with Mia in her bedroom at night.
For fishing you have to get rod from attic then go to forest click on dirt for worms. After that the only fish you can catch is bottom one which is the trout you need for aunt diner. To move worm in place to cast had to hold the arrows to move into postion. The worm for me had to be placed right at the end of path for trout mouth when it moves all the way forward just have to get the timing down on release of worm which I waited till the trout started moving backward. That worked to catch trout for me.

Last edited:

ikaruga

Modder
Donor
Respected User
Aug 11, 2016
Even if the dev say that's fine, always start from a new game for the beta versions of the gameµ.

macadam

Chicken Bubble Butt
Game Developer
Aug 5, 2016
soo apparently its right.. next update 0.12 will be out sometime first week of may (apparently its what they planned)

source : picarto stream

Bloo

The Angry Person
Former Staff
Aug 18, 2016
Moved to Visual Novel section. First line of text on Patreon "Summertime Saga is a high quality Dating Sim/Visual Novel game in development!"

sickmind

Dec 6, 2016
If you put this in the Visual Novel category then pretty much nothing on this website is a "game". Really has no business being in that category, it's way too interactive.

Bloo

The Angry Person
Former Staff
Aug 18, 2016
If you put this in the Visual Novel category then pretty much nothing on this website is a "game". Really has no business being in that category, it's way too interactive.
First line of text from developer Patreon, and you are right, pretty much everything on this site is a visual novel, people just think visual novels are yucky and like to think they aren't, visual novels aren't static.

"Summertime Saga is a high quality Dating Sim/Visual Novel game in development!"

Bloo

The Angry Person
Former Staff
Aug 18, 2016
Reason for this being moved to Visual Novel section is simple.

Author of the game calls it a visual novel in the first line of text on his Patreon. Who am i or any of you to say otherwise? If the author says it's a visual novel it's a visual novel period.

I always wanted to move it just like many other games on this forum that are painfully obviously VNs, the only reason i don't is because of peoples reactions of disdain towards VNs (which like you can see in chat and above this comment) despite them playing them here constantly lying to themselves calling it by other names. In this case the author says it's a VN and i didn't notice it until now, shame on me for not changing it sooner.

Last edited:

jaques

Aug 11, 2016
Some arbitrary reasoning
Euhz, it also says it is a "game". Which it very much is, just VN styled as the chosen way of telling the story (and pretty much because that is the nature of RenPy).

And it isn't so much as having "disdain" for VN's. A traditional VN is just a click fest with a branching, long winded, story with no meaningful interaction other than choosing the branch to take (if you are lucky, else it is just a linear clickfest with a h-scene at the end), which SS very much is not. This section only gets a fraction of the attention the regular games section gets because regular VN's are a particular niche not everyone is looking for.

Seeing the popularity of this game, and some others, this should be in the "popular games" section.

Bloo

The Angry Person
Former Staff
Aug 18, 2016
Euhz, it also says it is a "game". Which it very much is, just VN styled as the chosen way of telling the story (and pretty much because that is the nature of RenPy).

And it isn't so much as having "disdain" for VN's. A traditional VN is just a click fest with a branching, long winded, story with no meaningful interaction other than choosing the branch to take (if you are lucky, else it is just a linear clickfest with a h-scene at the end), which SS very much is not. This section only gets a fraction of the attention the regular games section gets because regular VN's are a particular niche not everyone is looking for.

Seeing the popularity of this game, and some others, this should be in the "popular games" section.
You have no idea about what you just said, you have clearly never played a visual novel in your life besides the ones you play all day and don't know about.

Should i add more? If you don't know what any of these mean, it's exactly my point, you have no idea about what you just said.

Last edited:

macadam

Chicken Bubble Butt
Game Developer
Aug 5, 2016
for me...
any game that present 2D static background with draw characters , text lines/box and stuff spawning in front is an visual novel, whatever the art style

sooo yup, its definitly an VN

edit: i also consider VN some Unity games too that use same text/box system btw , even if they use 3D assets , like i say, whatever the art style used

Last edited:

Bloo

The Angry Person
Former Staff
Aug 18, 2016
for me...
any game that present 2D static background with draw characters , text lines/box and stuff spawning in front is an visual novel, whatever the art style

sooo yup, its definitly an VN
Not to mention using Ren'py, a visual novel engine made by a visual novel community for the visual novel community. But hey, what do i know.

macadam

Chicken Bubble Butt
Game Developer
Aug 5, 2016
Not to mention using Ren'py, a visual novel engine made by a visual novel community for the visual novel community. But hey, what do i know.
as its impossible to create something else with ren'py. its simple as that XD

sickmind

Dec 6, 2016
people just think visual novels are yucky and like to think they aren't, visual novels aren't static.
I always wanted to move it just like many other games on this forum that are painfully obviously VNs, the only reason i don't is because of peoples reactions of disdain towards VNs (which like you can see in chat and above this comment) despite them playing them here constantly lying to themselves calling it by other names. In this case the author says it's a VN and i didn't notice it until now, shame on me for not changing it sooner.
Wow, there's a few things here I could get into, but I'll just say it's amusing that you incorrectly assume I have "disdain towards VNs" in the midst of admitting your own bias.

This game has arcade style mini-games!!! How is that VN?! :WutFace:

Bloo

The Angry Person
Former Staff
Aug 18, 2016
as its impossible to create something else with ren'py. its simple as that XD
You can, just like DC made visual novel with dating sim mechanics.
Wow, there's a few things here I could get into, but I'll just say it's amusing that you incorrectly assume I have "disdain towards VNs" in the midst of admitting your own bias.

This game has arcade style mini-games!!! How is that VN?! :WutFace:
You do understand you're not the only person on this website correct?

Let me makes this perfectly clear for everyone because it's the last post about this issue from me.

4.10 star(s) 359 Votes