seraphimd2

Jun 18, 2017
Why don't you just keep an old version with the incest in it?
Sis, Mom and Aunt won't get any new content any time soon anyway, and would you really bother to grind their stuff again?
Just get the new version for the teachers and if you want to rub one out to incest action switch to an older version.
Already thought on doing this,you see i'm just sad cuz one of lines nearing some completion were the family line,aunt Diane was one of the best alternatives to introduce the pregnancy content(although i'm kinda curious to know who DC will use for that now)

Stryc9Fuego

Jan 13, 2018
Short answer: wait and see. Just about anything you hear would be unreliable.
Speculation: It might be changed where all the blood relatives have "step" in front of their relation (stepmother, stepsister, step-aunt, etc.) Easy enough to mod out.

seraphimd2

Jun 18, 2017
That's the problem of leaving coding for last,instead of being made together with the other parts...but each person deals with this their own way...well gonna complete some of my gallery in LOQOO,maybe it removes some of the anxiety for this prolonged delay...

ScottyLQ

Apr 28, 2017
In the end the progress bar is just there to get everyone hyped up. They might as well just take it off.

seraphimd2

Jun 18, 2017
T
@seraphimd2 Only the Aunt? And the Sister ? She was to be a love story/pregnant.
The other alternative is Helen/Mia and Mrs. Jonhson (if she didn't take more pills).
there's always other possibilities,sis was a good one since she is one of the few who react angrily when you dont pull out,but the aunt questline conclusion is based on breeding remember?

seraphimd2

Jun 18, 2017
@seraphimd2 Yes, you are right never other thing, for me those quest lines were natural. The rest will be a little more far fetched
For now we will have to wait as mom sis and aunt goin to be out the highlights for some time...wished DC gave some love to Judith too,but since he's goin to polish roxxxy next i think there still hope for Judith...

Outside of incest, the most vanilla content will win in the polls every time.
Just wish that DC continue elaborating main story i still want to know in what kind of shit his father put himself into,and since he said he would only change the way that MC would be related to the family he could have really continued working on sis content for up.15.5...well i guess it will be wait to see now....

zeppelin

Aug 21, 2017
I don't understand why removing incest from the game would be hard at all. It's literally just changing a couple of lines. It would take like 30 minutes at most.

I also don't understand why I can't import old saves. This game works on Ren'Py, which is the system that has the easiest save transfer in all of the weg engines.

Reactions: seraphimd2

seraphimd2

Jun 18, 2017
I don't understand why removing incest from the game would be hard at all. It's literally just changing a couple of lines. It would take like 30 minutes at most.

I also don't understand why I can't import old saves. This game works on Ren'Py, which is the system that has the easiest save transfer in all of the weg engines.
Reasons my friend...reasons....

PatreonTed

Jun 3, 2017
Panda (the dev in charge of most of the writing) said that the toughest part about removing the incest was re-writing the interactions between Eric and his dad, because he wasn't going to be the dad anymore, just the landlady's ex-husband.

I don't think 30 minutes is in any way a fair assessment. You have to re-write every dialogue that references familial relations. For example, all the Slinky Twin stuff. The sister's diary. Etc. There's a lot of stuff to change.

Reactions: Crawdaddy

zeppelin

Aug 21, 2017
Panda (the dev in charge of most of the writing) said that the toughest part about removing the incest was re-writing the interactions between Eric and his dad, because he wasn't going to be the dad anymore, just the landlady's ex-husband.

I don't think 30 minutes is in any way a fair assessment. You have to re-write every dialogue that references familial relations. For example, all the Slinky Twin stuff. The sister's diary. Etc. There's a lot of stuff to change.
Just ctrl+f to the problem parts. You don't have to completely rewrite anything. Even if you had like 100 pages of dialogue, you'd really only need to change about 30 lines or so.

Seronkai

Nov 11, 2017

I think it has more to do with that there were more characters to deal with rather than the Pateron things. While I think the Patreon annoyance can kinda throw some Devs off until you're sure that you can continue in Pateron, you kinda want to halt production to get everything sorted and make sure you have a livelihood in case you don't manage to get everything sorted. Being a small indie group doesn't help either since if one person stops working, the others will slow down as well. Though since we don't see all the inner workings, I can't say for sure.

Most Ren'py games I see are pretty linear though. Considering this game is a lot more open in terms of what can be done, I'm sure that the save file integration is a lot more of a hassle to deal with. That said, what bothers me a little is that this wasn't address earlier rather than later. While I know that the team was quite a bit more novice than they are now and they needed to call in help to really sort it out, it's still seems like something that should have been looked into sooner.

caseynbj

Mar 10, 2018
When the hype mounts, it's always easy to tell who in the thread has had to work a shitty customer service job and who hasn't. XD

Even better this time is finding out who instantly whips it out and goes in dry because that's the only part that matters. Ouch...

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
Most Ren'py games I see are pretty linear though. Considering this game is a lot more open in terms of what can be done, I'm sure that the save file integration is a lot more of a hassle to deal with. That said, what bothers me a little is that this wasn't address earlier rather than later. While I know that the team was quite a bit more novice than they are now and they needed to call in help to really sort it out, it's still seems like something that should have been looked into sooner.
When it comes to savegames it was indeed always somewhat about resources. Sure it could have been done earlier but the choice was to either hire someone who fixes those savegame issues and makes sure that they will stay compatible (as Dogeek will do "now") or to hire someone who helps to implement further content. So the question was always if people prefer more content or more convenience and until now DC went for content which is debatable but - at least for me - understandable.

Reactions: Seronkai
4.10 star(s) 359 Votes