uradamus

Jan 4, 2018
If the step thing is out, then at least on the mc side of things, he could still be his father's son and it could be that his father never married Debbie. They could've been a couple and the families lived together, but she never officially became the mc's mother, (step or otherwise). Since his dad died after he was already 18, she wouldn't even have to be his legal guardian, meaning there is nothing legal binding them together, even if they personally feel that bond is familial in nature. The Eric side of things is a lot less important, so any old lame excuse is as good as any other to explain why those two are living together, heh.

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
If the step thing is out, then at least on the mc side of things, he could still be his father's son and it could be that his father never married Debbie. They could've been a couple and the families lived together, but she never officially became the mc's mother, (step or otherwise). Since his dad died after he was already 18, she wouldn't even have to be his legal guardian, meaning there is nothing legal binding them together, even if they personally feel that bond is familial in nature. The Eric side of things is a lot less important, so any old lame excuse is as good as any other to explain why those two are living together, heh.
As much as we've hard until now DC will change the story to a renting relationship. The school will be a small college and MC, Jenny and Erik will be renting their rooms (at least that's what he said on stream) while MC will have to collect the money to afford the fees for his next year etc.

In my opinion it's not the best solution but at least something that's clearly legal, won't cause trouble and can be changed back pretty easy.

uradamus

Jan 4, 2018
Does it matter anymore? They already did whatever they came up with. If anything I'm just curious to see what they did.
Heh, just idle speculation to pass the time. Half the fun of following the ongoing creative works of others is in sharing theories on the changes and progress to come.

Seronkai

Nov 11, 2017
After all this wait the only thing says is soon,meh.....
Yeah that sucks but I almost get DC's POV on this. I mean, just look at how much angry people are coming out of the woodwork after seeing the update bar become 99%. With how much bugs and issues they can face, giving an exact date would be difficult and if they did, they'll just piss more people off when they don't manage to reach it.

I mean don't get me wrong. I don't think this is the best way to handle it either but this is from a perspective from a guy that doesn't mind sitting tight until the update hits.

Vordertur

Jul 21, 2017
As much as we've hard until now DC will change the story to a renting relationship. The school will be a small college and MC, Jenny and Erik will be renting their rooms (at least that's what he said on stream) while MC will have to collect the money to afford the fees for his next year etc.

In my opinion it's not the best solution but at least something that's clearly legal, won't cause trouble and can be changed back pretty easy.
Right. It works, and while I understand the necessity, it's just kind of a shame.

I think what some people (people who most likely are interested in this project purely on the basis of onanism) are failing to grasp is that while it's certainly possible to hack and chop up the plot to make stuff fit, doing so reduces the impact of the storyline. A story about "random strangers interacting with random strangers" does not hold the same weight as a story about members of a family pulling together in times of grief and crisis.

Sure, functionally, the game works the same. Go around, collect items, earn money, be rewarded with lewd illustrations. And for people who are playing that are interested only in those things, well, it doesn't much matter, I suppose, what paper-thin excuse of a narrative they layer over the sex scenes. But one thing I liked about SS is that, cliche though it might be, the art, the story, the characters, the dialogue all had a bit of charm to them, and I think something's genuinely going to be lost by having to remove a pretty big aspect of that story.

Andre13

May 13, 2017
I've missed couple updates... i'm really looking to see what is goin on, now in the game... havent played for a few months, so couple more days of wait is no biggie...

Reactions: SengalBoi

Vordertur

Jul 21, 2017
I don't really understand what the big issue is with waiting a little bit longer to make sure everything is perfect (or close to it) before finally releasing this update.

We all want to play it.... patience... it'll be released when he's comfortable with releasing it.
Honestly, I think the transparency of the software development process has led to a lot of people just flat out getting spoiled.

Showing my age a little bit here, but there was a time, many, many moons ago, when life before a game release went something like

1. Hear about a game you were interested in through word of mouth, or an article written somewhere.
2. Get excited for it.
3. Hear nothing about the development process of said game, only that it was being worked on, until the publisher/developer decided to announce a release date.
4. Wait.
5. On release day, buy the silly thing.

Now it's just a damn cavalcade of "Why isn't it out yet?"

It's like being stuck in the backseat of a car on a road trip through desolate Siberia or something, with people constantly screaming in your ear "Are we there yet?! How about now?! How about now?!"

And I sort of get it, I mean, the difference between now and then is that with systems like Patreon or Kickstarter or whatever, people are actually funding development of these projects. It's not like you have to wait until the finished product is released (and thus are beholden to whenever the developer chooses to release it) to give people your money. No, you're giving them your money all throughout, and yes, I'll agree that that entitles backers/supporters/whatever to some kind of tangible proof that progress is being made. But well, there's always the Caveat Emptor principle: if you don't like how someone's spending your money, stop giving it to them. Withdraw your support. And if you're not paying them to begin with, well... right...

Andre13

May 13, 2017
Honestly, I think the transparency of the software development process has led to a lot of people just flat out getting spoiled.

Showing my age a little bit here, but there was a time, many, many moons ago, when life before a game release went something like

1. Hear about a game you were interested in through word of mouth, or an article written somewhere.
2. Get excited for it.
3. Hear nothing about the development process of said game, only that it was being worked on, until the publisher/developer decided to announce a release date.
4. Wait.
5. On release day, buy the silly thing.

Now it's just a damn cavalcade of "Why isn't it out yet?"

It's like being stuck in the backseat of a car on a road trip through desolate Siberia or something, with people constantly screaming in your ear "Are we there yet?! How about now?! How about now?!"

And I sort of get it, I mean, the difference between now and then is that with systems like Patreon or Kickstarter or whatever, people are actually funding development of these projects. It's not like you have to wait until the finished product is released (and thus are beholden to whenever the developer chooses to release it) to give people your money. No, you're giving them your money all throughout, and yes, I'll agree that that entitles backers/supporters/whatever to some kind of tangible proof that progress is being made. But well, there's always the Caveat Emptor principle: if you don't like how someone's spending your money, stop giving it to them. Withdraw your support. And if you're not paying them to begin with, well... right...

The last quote is just golden...

4.10 star(s) 359 Votes