SengalBoi

Jun 12, 2017
The good thing about waiting this long is that it can give you a reason to start over for refreshments (provided you haven't play it for a long time). Plus as much as I dislike the Patreon changes, it adds one more reason revisit the previous storylines.

Zaraki12

Dec 17, 2016
I posted a theory about DC starting 5 consecutives stream at the same hour, 4:11 pm. Maybe the release is today and the team had that date as deadline, or maybe a sad coincidence. About the QA and bug testing taking so much time, I think that it has to do with four parallel quest being involved. The previous release had a particularly annoying bug (Mom lotion and sister tv) that happened when you advance in both quests at the same time. Since the fappers who didn't know how to constantly save when progressing were crying for that and even bullshiting the coders, it seems logical that they had to devote more time for bug testing. Maybe an specific teacher dissapearing in a location if advancing with other and stuffs like that.

seraphimd2

Jun 18, 2017
Yeah that sucks but I almost get DC's POV on this. I mean, just look at how much angry people are coming out of the woodwork after seeing the update bar become 99%. With how much bugs and issues they can face, giving an exact date would be difficult and if they did, they'll just piss more people off when they don't manage to reach it.

I mean don't get me wrong. I don't think this is the best way to handle it either but this is from a perspective from a guy that doesn't mind sitting tight until the update hits.
Seron,i can only say one thing,i wished my boss had the same patience you guys have,but i know that for the good of the publisher i work for,he cant be,otherwise we would be broken and i would be back to my parents house...my job in basis is the same that DC took almost 1 month to do,and that is adapting,editing or reforming texts,storylines,articles and that kind of shit even when i had to revised book with more than 1000 pages or with 20k of word my timeline to deliver never surpassed 1 month...

Seronkai

Nov 11, 2017
Seron,i can only say one thing,i wished my boss had the same patience you guys have,but i know that for the good of the publisher i work for,he cant be,otherwise we would be broken and i would be back to my parents house...my job in basis is the same that DC took almost 1 month to do,and that is adapting,editing or reforming texts,storylines,articles and that kind of shit even when i had to revised book with more than 1000 pages or with 20k of word my timeline to deliver never surpassed 1 month...
Yeah get that. Though that's the difference with a normal job vs a freelancing one. You set your own rules and it's the client's choice if they are willing to pay for your work. So while it does suck that there is no update at this time, all we can do is wait. If it sucks or it never comes out, it's should be the client's discretion if they decide to keep paying them or not.

Vordertur

Jul 21, 2017
You are aware than this game is free?
:confused:

... that was my point.

Those who are ponying up cash to support the project are always free to stop doing so if they don't like the way things are going. Those who aren't paying anything are essentially complaining that they're not receiving a product they didn't pay a dime for anyway. I trailed off because finishing that sentence with "... you can go have quiet-shut up-time over in the corner there" didn't seem like the most diplomatic way to end that post.

:p

petur

Jul 29, 2017
People keep saying not today but today ends 6 hours does that mean tomorrow in 7 hours the game will be out :p i am just joking around.On a serious note will there be a stream today?I saw some people mentioning multiple streams and such.

seraphimd2

Jun 18, 2017
People keep saying not today but today ends 6 hours does that mean tomorrow in 7 hours the game will be out :p i am just joking around.On a serious note will there be a stream today?I saw some people mentioning multiple streams and such.
Dunno,cant really watch'em here on my desk,discussing random things while revising texts at same time i can do,but put a video or stream in my front and there goes my productivity by the window....on the upper side this stream can help to reduce the number of people on the edge....or in the downside,create even more....here's hopin for the best,ciao guys

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
On a serious note will there be a stream today?I saw some people mentioning multiple streams and such.
He usually streams during the week so it's pretty likely that he'll stream today as well on . Most of the time he starts at around 16 ET/21 CET. Don't expect to get additional information though since he moved on to draw 0.16 content some days ago.

caseynbj

Mar 10, 2018
Honestly, I think the transparency of the software development process has led to a lot of people just flat out getting spoiled...

Showing my age a little bit here...

It's like being stuck in the backseat of a car on a road trip through desolate Siberia or something, with people constantly screaming in your ear "Are we there yet?! How about now?! How about now?!"...
I hear ya, friend.

Titan1

Jul 12, 2017
Okita. She looks most confident one, and has less crazy looking one, seems calm. Teasing and corrupting her could be much more fun. Ms. Bisette is a slutty person, she is the striking one. It will be fun to get her but i would prefer Okita.

seraphimd2

Jun 18, 2017
D
Okita. She looks most confident one, and has less crazy looking one, seems calm. Teasing and corrupting her could be much more fun. Ms. Bisette is a slutty person, she is the striking one. It will be fun to get her but i would prefer Okita.
Dunno about that man,her tone sounded more dominant and centered that all the other teachers,but i would prefer to go after someone with a more easygoing attitude like Ms. Dewitt or Ms.Ross....

Pr0man

Jul 23, 2017
Honestly, I think the transparency of the software development process has led to a lot of people just flat out getting spoiled.

Showing my age a little bit here, but there was a time, many, many moons ago, when life before a game release went something like

1. Hear about a game you were interested in through word of mouth, or an article written somewhere.
2. Get excited for it.
3. Hear nothing about the development process of said game, only that it was being worked on, until the publisher/developer decided to announce a release date.
4. Wait.
5. On release day, buy the silly thing.

Now it's just a damn cavalcade of "Why isn't it out yet?"

It's like being stuck in the backseat of a car on a road trip through desolate Siberia or something, with people constantly screaming in your ear "Are we there yet?! How about now?! How about now?!"

And I sort of get it, I mean, the difference between now and then is that with systems like Patreon or Kickstarter or whatever, people are actually funding development of these projects. It's not like you have to wait until the finished product is released (and thus are beholden to whenever the developer chooses to release it) to give people your money. No, you're giving them your money all throughout, and yes, I'll agree that that entitles backers/supporters/whatever to some kind of tangible proof that progress is being made. But well, there's always the Caveat Emptor principle: if you don't like how someone's spending your money, stop giving it to them. Withdraw your support. And if you're not paying them to begin with, well... right...
Careful, a subjective opinion ahead and therefore to be taken with a grain/heap/truckload of salt.

In my opinion, therein lies the entire problem. When you are doing something (like software development) with a more or less public community that has easy means of reaching you, then you are inclined to hear the voices crop up. (regardless of what voices that may be)
You can't have just both, a transparent development cycle and a nice and unaware audience this way. It just doesn't work, the phrase "having your cake and eat it" comes to mind. Besides, to be fair, that'd be just as disrespectful to your community as the AAA industry has become, that only sees their customers als walking wallets, if you would try to just straight up ignore their questions, requests, or just demand for information whilst also saying you have a transparent development cycle. And with Patreon and other platforms giving people the power to invest into something like that by means of funding development, either because they think it's the next big thing, because they like the devs, or because they want a product that's the tits, it's more or less trying to level the field between dev and their community.

With that in mind, I can easily understand why many, maaaany people are pissed at the fact that DC is always so silent when it either comes to release dates, or information in general. You go to their patreon to check the status, and the first thing to get reminded of, is that they rake in nearly 30 grand a month. Obviously, many people are like "Damn, that's a wad of dosh, why in the name of fuckness is this taking so long?". That'd also include me, though I atleast have patience in that regard. Heck, I could live off of 2k (tax not included/Germany) a month easily without doing any kind of work whatsoever. therefore I'd be able to devote my entire time into whatever I feel like.

I guess times do change, huh? Back then, companies were more than happy to get free beta testers and bugfixers on the way, especially for mmo's, and now people are even willing to drop money for the "privelege" to do just that, give them easy bugtesting.

Something else that I did notice is either funny, or extremely sad:
If you aren't a supporter of the patreon, it's always "You're not a supporter, your opinion doesn't matter."
and if you are a supporter(which I am, yay), they always drop "Well you have no clue on how game development works, your opinion doesn't matter". kind of sad really, now the community that the game has built up is ignoring partly/entirely elements of itself, because I'm pretty damn sure by now many people are frustrated, and even the ones willingly defending the project start to get some niggling doubt, when they have to constantly silence any opposing opinion/argument, though on that matter, why even silence opinions? they're just that, opinions, something subjective. If they were objective, they'd be facts or arguments, which would react to objective treatment and therefore resolve themselves. It's really just energy blown into the wind..

4.10 star(s) 359 Votes