a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
I'd argue what's stagnating the game is building from the middle out. There is still no endgame in sight, despite having "three goals" that you can't do anything to work toward. And it looks like there's no intention to ever get going on that. How do you know? The game used to have a stated goal of "save $25,000 for college" (which is a good money sink) and now it's "save money for next semester's tuition" in some unspecified amount so you can't actually complete the goal, but now they added a $30,000 beach house. Hell, they even removed the goals from the phone. There's also no time/day limit: you apparently start the game on April 3rd (your father dies on March 3rd and it's a month later) but the end of classes never happens. You never reach summer in Summertime Saga. If that time constraint ever happens, players will quickly realize there's so much shit to do that you have to start making choices and not follow certain characters' storylines (after all, you're supposed to find only one date for the ball.)

It certainly doesn't help that lots of people just want to play the cheat version: they don't want to work for anything. They pretty much don't even want Summertime Saga to be a game. As long as people want that instant gratification, there won't be an incentive to actually have an ending to the game (who needs an ending when we can have a 95th h-scene with not-your-mother?)
Because of patreon they had to change from high school settings to a collage settings in the game so yes now you have to save money for collage and pay your rent.

All family relationship have been removed for now.

This game has always said it would be a long term project because every female in the game will have sex with MC and have complete stories to go along with them.
Right now only the family story was well establish but not complete and will need several more updates to complete.

And many more options will be added later in the build, we are getting the 1st stage of pregnancy in v.17 (I think its v.17) but this is just the first stage of it and a long time later in the building of the game we may even have births.

We are about 17%-21% done with the game so there is still 79%-83% more to do.

Once the game is done all family relationships will be reestablish and we will have our incest back.

As for polls DC puts up polls of the next girl to work on and he gives choices of the ones he has ready to work on, its never open poll but always with the ones he has ready to work on.
It gives the fans some since of helping out and getting something they want.

VermillioN

May 4, 2017
FIANLLY, After years waiting roxxy gonna have the attention she deserves.
I'm really excite to play the next patch and i hope it won't be delayed!:eazyHype:

upload_2018-5-5_21-41-44.png

Reactions: Crawdaddy

Automata

Apr 10, 2017
Waking up to these poll results as a Jenny fan.

Disclaimer: I'm also a Diane fan and I'm looking forward to her update, I'm just disappointed since the Roxxy update seemed involved Jenny somehow with that one scene of Jenny pulling up Roxxy to her room and I thought her route would've been a good follow up to Roxxy's. Also, I still don't like the fact how the fact how majority of the scenes you fuck Jenny in, end with her bitching at you unlike the other girls so it would've been nice to break through that barrier. But at least it's the next confirmed route after Diane unless DC does another poll again. The main thing that's just going to kill me is the update window between 0.16 and 0.18, if the releases are as big 0.15 and 0.16. I wouldn't be surprised if the Jenny update comes out in November/December.

At least we get to enjoy some "milk" in 0.17.

No way he should do another poll again. Before the whole patreon thing Jenny was the next update, i.e. instead of Roxy, we'd be getting Jenny worked on right now. For that reason I kinda think this poll should have been who's after Jenny's update, but what can you do.

Reactions: BitesZaDusto

xןʞ

I trolled so N7 could soar.
Staff member
Donor
Jul 19, 2017
one day I'll get the sweet chola gangster girls :FeelsBadMan:

Reactions: a1fox3

Kavilia

Feb 25, 2018
there's still have bug when save/load, take much time to save/load, or suddenly the game not responding

cluelessgamer

May 6, 2018
Hello! I seem to be running into a problem (sorry if this has already been posted) where I get the library books returned in order to get the cheese book, but then when I get home into my room it comes up with the beginning dialogue about first day of school and everyone in the game is reset and i cant progress with any of them!

***actually its now just happened to all my saves so probably not prompted by the above action, any help? or is there something I'm really missing?

**** apparently creating an account just to ask this query was pointless, it seems that if i quit and restart the game the issue seems to disappear so really not sure what was causing it but that is apparently how to fix it

Bonhart

Dec 30, 2017
guys is from April 15 that I do not enter here (I do not want to spoil the 0.15 that I have not played yet) and I saw that there was a new vote and that won Diane (and the next should be Jenny). then will the incest be restored in some way? I remember Dark Cookie saying he would update his family when he found a way to bypass Patreon's rules

(Sorry my English )

maxusmaus

Oct 6, 2017
guys is from April 15 that I do not enter here (I do not want to spoil the 0.15 that I have not played yet) and I saw that there was a new vote and that won Diane (and the next should be Jenny). then will the incest be restored in some way? I remember Dark Cookie saying he would update his family when he found a way to bypass Patreon's rules

(Sorry my English )
Incest will be restored after full game is done.

P.S. English is not my basic language. Sorry for mistakes

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
Yes, DC changed is mind and will start working on those stories but he will continue without the old incest theme. So no, you'll have to rely on third party patches if you want to get the school/family story but since they do work fine it shouldn't be such a big deal.

Kavilia

Feb 25, 2018
Hello! I seem to be running into a problem (sorry if this has already been posted) where I get the library books returned in order to get the cheese book, but then when I get home into my room it comes up with the beginning dialogue about first day of school and everyone in the game is reset and i cant progress with any of them!

***actually its now just happened to all my saves so probably not prompted by the above action, any help? or is there something I'm really missing?

**** apparently creating an account just to ask this query was pointless, it seems that if i quit and restart the game the issue seems to disappear so really not sure what was causing it but that is apparently how to fix it
i got the same problem

Bonhart

Dec 30, 2017
Yes, DC changed is mind and will start working on those stories but he will continue without the old incest theme. So no, you'll have to rely on third party patches if you want to get the school/family story but since they do work fine it shouldn't be such a big deal.

but it is not the same thing, in this way the quality of the dialogues loses terribly because it will be forced to write texts that go well in both senses, in a few words the texts will be insipid, the beautiful thing were doubts, moral conflicts while now the texts will be trivial, and as much as it has confidence in the modders these change the syntax but no semantics (I do not know if I made myself understand)

but was not it better to make other stories and leave Diane and Jenny at the end of the game?

(sorry my english )

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
but it is not the same thing, in this way the quality of the dialogues loses terribly because it will be forced to write texts that go well in both senses, in a few words the texts will be insipid, the beautiful thing were doubts, moral conflicts while now the texts will be trivial, and as much as it has confidence in the modders these change the syntax but no semantics (I do not know if I made myself understand)

but was not it better to make other stories and leave Diane and Jenny at the end of the game?
Well you are certainly right and I personally agree with your critisims. It would have been better to wait a bit more to see if there's a solution. I always argued that it should be up to DC and his team to fill those nuances and not for modders to set the narrative. On the other hand I have to say that I'm not that bothered by the new story and still enjoy the game so it's not that bad for me personally. But maybe that's just me... while I like incest I don't really have a fetish for it.

As far as I see it there are indeed some practical reasons to revisit Jenny's and Diane's content now. Next to Jenny's story being bad (unintuitive etc.) and a chokepoint (somrak's panty quests) anyway both of their code seems to be old and has to be reworked to fix bugs and to implement savegame compatability.

So they likely had another look and decided that those updates have to be done to clean up the code. And after all it's not like they are unpopular since there's certainly a demand for them to get their story.

4.00 star(s) 358 Votes