jak1165

Mar 10, 2018
That's not how making changes to an existing program works. They redid various scenes, added new characters or interactions. New stuff depending on how far you are in the various storylines etc.
I know what you mean. I also have never heard of bug testing

Reactions: tossler

Dogeek

Summertime Saga
Game Developer
Apr 20, 2018
I feel like I need to address some of the issues you've been encountering.

> I wonder if the whole team is taking a few days off since DC does

I am, but for unrelated reasons. I have not taken even a glimpse of a day off since february, and I need a few days to recharge my batteries, catch up on shows, hang out with friends etc. Panda, Catbug and CaptainSploosh are not taking any vacation for the time being but probably will after the bugfix patch is released

> So many bugs hurr durr.

The bugfix patch is on its way. Good news : saves will be compatible with this patch and 0.16.0. Most bugs though, are pretty minor I'd say. There's a few crashes here and there, but those are already addressed and we're currently fixing as much stuff as possible. We'd rather do only one bugfix patch, as deployment takes long. Old content not working is because the code has seen some MAJOR (and I mean really major) changes, for compatibility, avoiding softlocks etc. Sometimes, fixing a bug causes another one, so there's also that.

> Save files are not compatible with 0.15.3 ones hurr durr.

Save compatibility is well on its way, and to test this upcoming feature, I disabled the block on saves from previous versions. Unfortunately though, due to save file compat being so heavily worked on, some previous objects and classes have been removed in favor of other methods of doing stuff. Don't worry though, I hope that 0.16 saves will be compatible (somewhat) with 0.17. If not, well, it's not gonna be a surprise for you that you'll have to start from scratch.

> Softlock with the timer and I'm in the middle of the night.

I'm working on that. It's a bit finnicky though, as I have to perfect the balance as to when you need a sleep lock, and when you do not. Anyways, I'll try to come up with a fix, but as a rule of thumb, you'll have a better experience by doing one quest at a time, and not jump back and forth between characters.

Rando Civ

LMFAO.
Game Developer
Jul 31, 2017

I am, but for unrelated reasons. I have not taken even a glimpse of a day off since february, and I need a few days to recharge my batteries, catch up on shows, hang out with friends etc. Panda, Catbug and CaptainSploosh are not taking any vacation for the time being but probably will after the bugfix patch is released

The bugfix patch is on its way. Good news : saves will be compatible with this patch and 0.16.0. Most bugs though, are pretty minor I'd say. There's a few crashes here and there, but those are already addressed and we're currently fixing as much stuff as possible. We'd rather do only one bugfix patch, as deployment takes long. Old content not working is because the code has seen some MAJOR (and I mean really major) changes, for compatibility, avoiding softlocks etc. Sometimes, fixing a bug causes another one, so there's also that.

Save compatibility is well on its way, and to test this upcoming feature, I disabled the block on saves from previous versions. Unfortunately though, due to save file compat being so heavily worked on, some previous objects and classes have been removed in favor of other methods of doing stuff. Don't worry though, I hope that 0.16 saves will be compatible (somewhat) with 0.17. If not, well, it's not gonna be a surprise for you that you'll have to start from scratch.

I'm working on that. It's a bit finnicky though, as I have to perfect the balance as to when you need a sleep lock, and when you do not. Anyways, I'll try to come up with a fix, but as a rule of thumb, you'll have a better experience by doing one quest at a time, and not jump back and forth between characters.
Cly-Cletus knows you are programing an adult game in your spare time?

HathgarNiche

Jul 14, 2017

Would simply adding a fourth time slot that has no attached events and is only for sleep, allowing the third (or add in a new third time slot between afternoon and night) time slot to be exploratory and used entirely for those night events work? I find the issue is created by the events that happen in the morning or afternoon that force you into a position where you have no more time, all three bars are depleted.

Reactions: IceBearApproves

JustNotFatal

Apr 27, 2017
It surprises me that so many people just want the save files with all the scenes at the ready. Part of what makes this game so good for me is the build up to the scenes.
Playing through the same content isn't all that enjoyable after the 3rd or 4th time plus people just want to get to the new stuff.

Reactions: IceBearApproves

jak1165

Mar 10, 2018
Playing through the same content isn't all that enjoyable after the 3rd or 4th time plus people just want to get to the new stuff.
Other than minor stat grinding, there's no purpose to playing the old content in this update. You never have to. Other than grinding charisma to enter the shower, pretty sure nothing is is actually required

AclGrafix

Feb 19, 2018

is there an E.T.A. for the bugfix version??

geamoiri

Apr 23, 2017
Roxxy's Scene with the Teachers ...
Quote : ... Maybe she couldn't understand you're broken English.

Oh the irony!!! To the Proofreader or Translator : Tear your diploma or degree or whatever the fuck you don't have.

P3

Apr 26, 2018
The Android version is still not even loading past the Kompas screen. I have uninstalled and deleted the download file many times and every time I try to open the game, it does not open past that point.

Vindred

Jul 13, 2017
Roxxy's Scene with the Teachers ...
Quote : ... Maybe she couldn't understand you're broken English.

Oh the irony!!! To the Proofreader or Translator : Tear your diploma or degree or whatever the fuck you don't have.
You do realize that that is the whole idea of the joke right? o_O that her english itself is bad (even though it is her mother tongue). Pls tell me you got that when you even throw big words like 'diploma' around?^^

4.10 star(s) 359 Votes