Hero1

"I'm in the wrong place at the wrong time."
Donor
Sep 20, 2017
I try to shower but Roxxy's friends won't let me, even when I say, "please". I can't get out of this loop with me dressed in Phys ed uniform and stinking. I go home to shower but there doesn't seem to be anything to click to shower myself. Help.
You need to raise Charisma (Rap Battle in Park)
Hi Guys,
Another problem :
When I load a recently party, my mission with the teacher of science restarts... and I can't do the following because there is impossible to take the code of the door while I'm in her office.
Thanks.
Known bug, will be fixed in upcoming bugfix.
Workaround:
"if the last thing you did was the belt, then in console do :
M_okita._state = S_okita_tinkering_with_belt
and sleep for 3 days and then talk to okita without saving, that'll progress it and then you can save
if it wasnt the belt but was the serum, then do :
M_okita._state = S_okita_wait_for_okita_serum
then sleep for 3 days and talk to okita again and then you can save"

Yoda03

Jun 14, 2017
Hero1 said:
Workaround:
and sleep for 3 days and then talk to okita without saving, that'll progress it and then you can save
Thanks.

TrollTimes

Aug 29, 2017
Hey guys,

here is a bug that happened whenever I try to check quest log on the cellphone.

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/scripts/core/user_interface/cellphone.rpy", line 500, in <module>
  File "game/scripts/core/systems/game.rpy", line 260, in main
  File "game/scripts/core/systems/locations.rpy", line 93, in call_screen
  File "game/scripts/core/user_interface/cellphone.rpy", line 439, in render
  File "game/scripts/core/user_interface/cellphone.rpy", line 98, in render
KeyError: u'j\nen_name'

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "scripts/core/user_interface/cellphone.rpyc", line 500, in script
  File "C:\Program Files (x86)\SummertimeSaga-0.16.0-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 862, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "C:\Program Files (x86)\SummertimeSaga-0.16.0-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1912, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec bytecode in globals, locals
  File "C:\Program Files (x86)\SummertimeSaga-0.16.0-pc\renpy\exports.py", line 2710, in call_screen
    rv = renpy.ui.interact(mouse="screen", type="screen", roll_forward=roll_forward)
  File "C:\Program Files (x86)\SummertimeSaga-0.16.0-pc\renpy\ui.py", line 287, in interact
    rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Program Files (x86)\SummertimeSaga-0.16.0-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2649, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Program Files (x86)\SummertimeSaga-0.16.0-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3132, in interact_core
    self.draw_screen(root_widget, fullscreen_video, (not fullscreen_video) or video_frame_drawn)
  File "C:\Program Files (x86)\SummertimeSaga-0.16.0-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2055, in draw_screen
    renpy.config.screen_height,
  File "render.pyx", line 485, in renpy.display.render.render_screen
  File "render.pyx", line 233, in renpy.display.render.render
  File "C:\Program Files (x86)\SummertimeSaga-0.16.0-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 717, in render
    surf = render(child, width, height, cst, cat)
  File "render.pyx", line 145, in renpy.display.render.render
  File "C:\Program Files (x86)\SummertimeSaga-0.16.0-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 717, in render
  File "C:\Program Files (x86)\SummertimeSaga-0.16.0-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 669, in render
    child = renpy.display.render.render(self.child, w, h, st, at)
  File "accelerator.pyx", line 108, in renpy.display.accelerator.transform_render
  File "C:\Program Files (x86)\SummertimeSaga-0.16.0-pc\renpy\text\text.py", line 1377, in __init__
    self.set_text(text, scope, substitute)
  File "C:\Program Files (x86)\SummertimeSaga-0.16.0-pc\renpy\text\text.py", line 1477, in set_text
    i, did_sub = renpy.substitutions.substitute(i, scope, substitute)
  File "C:\Program Files (x86)\SummertimeSaga-0.16.0-pc\renpy\substitutions.py", line 242, in substitute
    s = formatter.vformat(s, (), kwargs)
  File "/home/tom/ab/x64lucid-deps/install/lib/python2.7/string.py", line 563, in vformat
  File "/home/tom/ab/x64lucid-deps/install/lib/python2.7/string.py", line 585, in _vformat
  File "/home/tom/ab/x64lucid-deps/install/lib/python2.7/string.py", line 646, in get_field
  File "/home/tom/ab/x64lucid-deps/install/lib/python2.7/string.py", line 605, in get_value

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.0.0.196
SummertimeSaga 0.16.0
Sat Jul 28 13:43:56 2018
Do guys know what u'j/nen_name' means ? Is that a problem from a file's naming or something ?

Hero1

Donor
Sep 20, 2017
Thanks bro _ I appreciate you:extremelyhappy:. Still no joy tho... no idea what the deal is. I just deleted the game and unzipped a new game _ then ran UnRen6.1 asnd started the game, I get this [...]
Sorry, I don't use UnRen. I only edited the 00console.rpy, the rest of the game is "vanilla" (no patches/mods used).
If you only need the console and don't need to extract the *.rpa files I would suggest you don't use UnRen and simply use the file I provided with a "pure" version of the game. If you need other functionalities of UnRen, I am afraid I can't help you there.

saisaari45

Jun 13, 2017
Give food to cat at cimetary , instead of choicing the name of the cat , bring you back at start game page without warning .
to solve this issue, open the console
type player.inventory.items this will display a list of all the items,
find the index of u'cat_food' in the list, the starting index is 0,
type del player.inventory.items[index]

for example I had [u'card04', u'supersaga_webcam', u'cat_food', ...]
type del player.inventory.items[2], this will remove the cat food from your inventory, go see the cat, then go buy the food, go see the cat again

Reactions: Katorn

Reese286

Nov 24, 2017
Sorry, I don't use UnRen. I only edited the 00console.rpy, the rest of the game is "vanilla" (no patches/mods used).
If you only need the console and don't need to extract the *.rpa files I would suggest you don't use UnRen and simply use the file I provided with a "pure" version of the game. If you need other functionalities of UnRen, I am afraid I can't help you there.
Thx, I got the console to load finally _ deleted game and unzipped a new one. Did some searching about the problems with UnRen and it seems many are having problems lately _ don't know why but its not just me.

lovethisgame1234

Jul 28, 2018
Hello, i play summertime saga on my macbook but i have problems with the sister diary request. How does the 'console' you guys speak of work?

second bug is that dexters book isnt showing up in the locker
than i have problems with cleaning the graffiti for music teacher
I cant klick on gravestone to find golden compass
cant get the golden drink at the pier

And a big one, when i return the sunglasses to mia's dad i got stuck in jail because Eriks dad is there and he tells me where the stolen goods when i already picked them up???

please help, really like the game but cant go further now :(

Yoda03

Jun 14, 2017
Hero1 said:
Workaround:
Excuse me... how can I access to the console ?

Hero1

Donor
Sep 20, 2017
Anyone have the Console variable for MC name?
For me this worked:
I didn't test much (just if other characters use my new name, which they did) so I can't guarantee that this won't cause problems later on.

Download the file I attache here:
Put it into the renpy/common folder (it should ask if you want to overwrite). Delete the file with the same name but the ending .rpyc. Start the game and press Shift + O. To exit the console simply type "exit" (without quotes "").

Reactions: Yoda03

JJI

Jun 18, 2017
You need to raise Charisma (Rap Battle in Park)

Workaround:
Thanks. I never would have thought of raising Charisma to 6 while stinking sweaty.

JiraiyaSennin

Feb 11, 2017
This is valid for any game made with Renpy

1) go to the "renpy/common" folder and find "00console.rpy"

2) open it with notepad++ or something (texteditor that is not Word) and look for config.console=False

3) change in config.console=True

4) save

5) start the game

6) Press Shift+O to open console in game

Reactions: Yoda03

TrollTimes

Aug 29, 2017
Guys, not that I want to sound pushy or something, but can you, please help me with this problem ?

Hey guys,

here is a bug that happened whenever I try to check quest log on the cellphone.

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "scripts/core/user_interface/cellphone.rpyc", line 500, in script
  File "C:\Program Files (x86)\SummertimeSaga-0.16.0-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 862, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "C:\Program Files (x86)\SummertimeSaga-0.16.0-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1912, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec bytecode in globals, locals
  File "C:\Program Files (x86)\SummertimeSaga-0.16.0-pc\renpy\exports.py", line 2710, in call_screen
    rv = renpy.ui.interact(mouse="screen", type="screen", roll_forward=roll_forward)
  File "C:\Program Files (x86)\SummertimeSaga-0.16.0-pc\renpy\ui.py", line 287, in interact
    rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Program Files (x86)\SummertimeSaga-0.16.0-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2649, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Program Files (x86)\SummertimeSaga-0.16.0-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3132, in interact_core
    self.draw_screen(root_widget, fullscreen_video, (not fullscreen_video) or video_frame_drawn)
  File "C:\Program Files (x86)\SummertimeSaga-0.16.0-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2055, in draw_screen
    renpy.config.screen_height,
  File "render.pyx", line 485, in renpy.display.render.render_screen
  File "C:\Program Files (x86)\SummertimeSaga-0.16.0-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 669, in render
    child = renpy.display.render.render(self.child, w, h, st, at)
  File "accelerator.pyx", line 108, in renpy.display.accelerator.transform_render
  File "C:\Program Files (x86)\SummertimeSaga-0.16.0-pc\renpy\text\text.py", line 1377, in __init__
    self.set_text(text, scope, substitute)
  File "C:\Program Files (x86)\SummertimeSaga-0.16.0-pc\renpy\text\text.py", line 1477, in set_text
    i, did_sub = renpy.substitutions.substitute(i, scope, substitute)
  File "C:\Program Files (x86)\SummertimeSaga-0.16.0-pc\renpy\substitutions.py", line 242, in substitute
    s = formatter.vformat(s, (), kwargs)
  File "/home/tom/ab/x64lucid-deps/install/lib/python2.7/string.py", line 563, in vformat
  File "/home/tom/ab/x64lucid-deps/install/lib/python2.7/string.py", line 585, in _vformat
  File "/home/tom/ab/x64lucid-deps/install/lib/python2.7/string.py", line 646, in get_field
  File "/home/tom/ab/x64lucid-deps/install/lib/python2.7/string.py", line 605, in get_value

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.0.0.196
SummertimeSaga 0.16.0
Sat Jul 28 13:43:56 2018
Do guys know what u'j/nen_name' means ? Is that a problem from a file's naming or something ?

sdseaworth

Jul 8, 2017
Already done the aviators thing and had the jail fight scene, and Mia has already asked me to get Harold to agree to a family dinner. I'm at the point where all I need to do is return to the police station and talk to Harold about the bag of stolen goods. But the dialogs never trigger.
Did you ever find a fix for this? I'm having the same issue.

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
@TrollTimes
I'd suggest to delete the game folder and unextract the game from a fresh zip...apparently some rpy files changed.
the new IC patch also only alters one or two files (I think last patch altered atleast 3 files)
afterwards everything runs without an error (atleast for me)...
there are still plenty of storyline breaking bugs in this build...yet Roxxy's storyline seems to be working

TrollTimes

Aug 29, 2017
I'll try that out, thanks.

EDIT: Speaking of storyline breaking bugs, can't this kind of problem be solved by modifying the files ?

JiraiyaSennin

Feb 11, 2017
I'll try that out, thanks.

EDIT: Speaking of storyline breaking bugs, can't this kind of problem be solved by modifying the files ?
The bugs in my opinion are only 3:
- the car to be repaired (resolved as suggested in the forum, ignoring the error during the dialogue, going to sleep and returning to the dealership the day after for the repair, regularly done)
- the code of the office/lab, which if it happens, even completed the quest, locks you on the dialogue to look for the access code (this is really annoying)
- the cat at the cemetery (which makes you go back to the menu) but it does not serve the story right now so it remains irrelevant

rengohengo94

Mar 1, 2018
Yeah, I figured it out. But I tried to save and it wasn't letting me save at all. I even started over. THEN I figured out I just had to delete the old saves to make it work. You have no idea how heated I was...
thats strange did you somehow combine the folders? cause i didnt need to delete old saves for me being able to save

4.00 star(s) 358 Votes