theders

May 8, 2017
Hey guys, I'm running into a bug at the dealership. It seems to complain about a missing background file, either directly after offering to pay the insurance for the broken engine, or after running through some dialogue after attempting the "convince" option. Any ideas how to fix this?

Code:
[code]
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While loading <'Image' u'backgrounds/location_dealership_indoor.jpg'>:
  File "game/scripts/characters/josephine/button_dealership.rpy", line 114, in <module>
  File "game/scripts/core/systems/game.rpy", line 260, in main
  File "game/scripts/core/systems/locations.rpy", line 93, in call_screen
IOError: Couldn't find file 'backgrounds/location_dealership_indoor.jpg'.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "scripts/characters/josephine/button_dealership.rpyc", line 114, in script
  File "(GAME DIRECTORY)\SummertimeSaga-0.16.0-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 862, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "(GAME DIRECTORY)\SummertimeSaga-0.16.0-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1912, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec bytecode in globals, locals
  File "game/scripts/characters/josephine/button_dealership.rpy", line 114, in <module>
  File "game/scripts/core/systems/game.rpy", line 260, in main
  File "game/scripts/core/systems/locations.rpy", line 93, in call_screen
  File "(GAME DIRECTORY)\SummertimeSaga-0.16.0-pc\renpy\exports.py", line 2710, in call_screen
    rv = renpy.ui.interact(mouse="screen", type="screen", roll_forward=roll_forward)
  File "(GAME DIRECTORY)\SummertimeSaga-0.16.0-pc\renpy\ui.py", line 287, in interact
    rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
  File "(GAME DIRECTORY)\SummertimeSaga-0.16.0-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2649, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, **kwargs)
  File "(GAME DIRECTORY)\SummertimeSaga-0.16.0-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3132, in interact_core
    self.draw_screen(root_widget, fullscreen_video, (not fullscreen_video) or video_frame_drawn)
  File "(GAME DIRECTORY)\SummertimeSaga-0.16.0-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2055, in draw_screen
    renpy.config.screen_height,
  File "render.pyx", line 485, in renpy.display.render.render_screen
  File "render.pyx", line 233, in renpy.display.render.render
  File "(GAME DIRECTORY)\SummertimeSaga-0.16.0-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 717, in render
    surf = render(child, width, height, cst, cat)
  File "render.pyx", line 145, in renpy.display.render.render
  File "(GAME DIRECTORY)\SummertimeSaga-0.16.0-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 717, in render
  File "(GAME DIRECTORY)\SummertimeSaga-0.16.0-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 669, in render
    child = renpy.display.render.render(self.child, w, h, st, at)
  File "(GAME DIRECTORY)\SummertimeSaga-0.16.0-pc\renpy\display\im.py", line 580, in render
    return cache.get(self, render=True)
  File "(GAME DIRECTORY)\SummertimeSaga-0.16.0-pc\renpy\display\im.py", line 266, in get
    surf = image.load()
  File "(GAME DIRECTORY)\SummertimeSaga-0.16.0-pc\renpy\display\im.py", line 625, in load
    surf = renpy.display.pgrender.load_image(renpy.loader.load(self.filename), self.filename)
  File "(GAME DIRECTORY)\SummertimeSaga-0.16.0-pc\renpy\loader.py", line 555, in load
    raise IOError("Couldn't find file '%s'." % name)
IOError: Couldn't find file 'backgrounds/location_dealership_indoor.jpg'.

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.0.0.196
SummertimeSaga 0.16.0
Sun Jul 29 12:43:51 2018
[/CODE]

Apr 28, 2018
LOL at new Kim content , i love the engrish but isn't it racist i hope you don't get into trouble, regardless still funny not sure if developer was drunk or he hate Trump?

edit: also pizza finally works properly though it can cause headache or smt we'll see

Reactions: IceBearApproves

Crawdaddy

Aug 26, 2017
mate it dont hurt to help a bloke out who is stuck
We sadly need to teach people to ask walkthrough questions in the walkthrough thread.

LOL at new Kim content , i love the engrish but isn't it racist i hope you don't get into trouble, regardless still funny not sure if developer was drunk or he hate Trump?
Eh, Kim Jong Un's a tyrannical dictator oppressing millions of North Koreans in poverty and starvation. Giving him a broken accent and goofy demeanor shouldn't be a big deal.

As for the Trump thing - I'm not sure why exactly Dc decided to spoof ol' Agent Orange, but as much as I'm amused by him being parodied, I can't help but feel that this will date the game quite badly. Not a huge issue, but still.

Hero1

"I'm in the wrong place at the wrong time."
Donor
Sep 20, 2017
As for the Trump thing - I'm not sure why exactly Dc decided to spoof ol' Agent Orange, but as much as I'm amused by him being parodied, I can't help but feel that this will date the game quite badly. Not a huge issue, but still.
I honestly believe he used it as an excuse to draw Ivanka and integrate her into the game

May 16, 2018
DC has said in past streams that you wont have preggo sex. Once it's confirmed the girl is pregnant, you can't have any scenes with her. So probably making Diane pregnant would put an end to her story line.

But again, I heard that the kid can even be born and shit... which is weird, but really creative, so I welcome it.
That is sad... I think it will be a missed opportunity if no preggo sex scenes even only for aunt diane.
Hope DC will add option.:test2:

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
You can start playing the new content immediately from a new game.

How?
That's more a question for the walkthrough threat but you'll find her in front Mrs. Smith's office on the 2nd school floor and you can continue her story from there on.
when is dc starting the poll for the next character? you guys better vote for eve btw
Nobody will know when exactly but he said "soon" on his stream a few days ago. If he's fair he'll wait until august.

May 16, 2018
They will, there's actually even going to be a daycare run by Annie's mum. He started drawing it one stream a few days ago.

I'd actually guess there are going to be special scenes - maybe one or two per girl - which can only be seen when a girl is pregnant. Like that he can lock all the other scenes (which would be impossible to redo in again two more versions each) and make patreons happy.
Given his general lewdness and the fact that he's got a pregnant wife at home right now I doubt he'll skip that. :D
Who has got a pregnant wife at home? And what will be skipped? Sorry did not understand this one.

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
Who has got a pregnant wife at home? And what will be skipped? Sorry did not understand this one.
DC is awaiting his second child at the moment, so he's getting to see all the pregnancy stuff first hand.

soooo no on the Erik??
There's a seperate topic for those questions. Else you probably want to include some more information.

Reactions: IceBearApproves

phoenix04

Jun 13, 2018
I restarted the game due to the update so in order to progress thru the story i have to talk to Erik but i can't find him. Tried the school and can't go to his house cause he's not there even on weekends.

4.00 star(s) 358 Votes