j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
the problem is we've only been getting tertiary characters for years
That's indeed true, I just wanted to point that it's always been like that once we are talking about the dialogs etc. for that kind of characters.

You original statement also still holds true. Why would a criticism of the bad writing be excused with more bad writing?
Is it really bad writing, though? The game has a huge global audience and this clearly is tailored towards those from russia/eastern europe (bad timing, for sure, but what can you do), just as Consuela, for example, is meant to be for those who speak spanish etc.

I've no idea where everybody here is coming from, but there may indeed be some characters which simply aren't written for everybody.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Yakis0ba

Hajtand

Nov 5, 2017
That's indeed true, I just wanted to point that it's always been like that once we are talking about the dialogs etc. for that kind of characters.

Is it really bad writing, though? The game has a huge global audience and this clearly is tailored towards those from russia/eastern europe (bad timing, for sure, but what can you do), just as Consuela, for example, is meant to be for those who speak spanish etc.

I've no idea where people are coming from, but there may indeed be some characters which simply aren't written for everybody.
Yes it is.

Reactions: Kay_Kay

McSlut

Aug 12, 2018
You original statement also still holds true. Why would a criticism of the bad writing be excused with more bad writing?
yeah even side characters could be written well, with a little more effort. even in this pre tech update there are so many words but none of it is interesting or funny or sexy. it's just dumb. i don't what's going on with sploosh but man, the last well written character was eve, not masterpiece writing but decent enough. even the writing in the main story was sort of bad and that was years ago. he better knocks it out of the park with rhonda.

Tico7533on

Oct 5, 2021
"Game of the year!"
That's a random note, probably wrote by some hardcore fans, that an unknown man will find in the distant future still looking at the alpha of the game.

All in all I'd suggest DC to focus on another project and move on as it's crystalline he's struggling to complete whatever he's trying to achieve.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
But from what he said, he's not gonna make another adult game, as he got into it randomly, and isn't planning on making a career as a creator of adult games. So.......

Grim October

Oct 11, 2019
While I'm glad Rhonda won the poll, the yet-to-be-finished tech update has been a severe content bottleneck. And by content, I mean something pertinent to a girl's story path. This is some painful monkey's-paw type shit.

God knows how many more pre-tech updates there will be before we're graced by those sweet brown cheeks.

MC's Hammer

Apr 23, 2018
I thought the tech updates were originally supposed to be 1-2 parts in order to improve the pace of development.

Really disappointed as one of the earliest supporters. Started support when I was a junior in college, and now I'm almost 28. All I want is Annie content lol.

APoc1

Apr 22, 2018
I thought the tech updates were originally supposed to be 1-2 parts in order to improve the pace of development.

Really disappointed as one of the earliest supporters. Started support when I was a junior in college, and now I'm almost 28. All I want is Annie content lol.

~Some Where Over the Rainbow...~

WhiteWolf34Uk

Apr 2, 2021
Hello to everyone around here.. can anyone or someone please tell me, what is new in this update? wonder cause i stop to play this game one year ago. have a great sunday, god bless u all

Reactions: intende69

APoc1

Apr 22, 2018
yeah even side characters could be written well, with a little more effort. even in this pre tech update there are so many words but none of it is interesting or funny or sexy. it's just dumb. i don't what's going on with sploosh but man, the last well written character was eve, not masterpiece writing but decent enough. even the writing in the main story was sort of bad and that was years ago. he better knocks it out of the park with rhonda.
The problem with writing dialog compared to just writing a narritive story is if you don't actually have different people speaking the dialog back to the writer it becomes difficult to get the pacing and for the writer to tweak the dialog so it sounds natural or as it sounded in his mind when he wrote it. When you have actual actors speaking it it is much easier to see why some things work and others don't. Also none of these team members are actual pro's , they are at best above the average novices after all that is why they are doing this to begin with if they had mad tallent they would be working in the film/Tv/actual writers writing books or coding top tier games... I have to agree with you some of the writing does not work well although I still enjoy playing the game it is what it is.

Reactions: McSlut

Sothyr

May 26, 2019
Wow, I haven't played this game in quite a while, but a few reasonable questions come to mind:
1. It's been "in development" for a full six years now...is the main storyline finally complete, at least?
2. Is there an estimated date of final completion for the basic game, at least?
3. Couldn't he just finish this game and make a sequel if he wants to keep the gravy train going?

I mean no offense by these questions--it's a great game and probably the most successful fap game ever, I'm just wondering why it hasn't wrapped up already. I figured six years was more than enough.
1. No, only one part of the main storyline is finally complete. There is also the Prom, I hope that it will have also a storyline for it. Creating an harem or having big fights between the girls. Who gets the boy?
2. I do not think that we will ever get an estimate.
3. sequels suck :) I always hate them in games like this one. And really not necessary, why not proceeding with the game? Why are 6 years enough? He has new 3 storylines planned after the tech update. This means ~2 extra years. And there are few other girls not finished, yet. I'm pretty sure DC has many more ideas for the game.

For me, after playing the final tech update version, I can put the game away for 1 1/2 years and enjoy a new playthrough with much new content.
I only hope that the tech update will not take another 6 months.

McSlut

Aug 12, 2018
I have to agree with you some of the writing does not work well although I still enjoy playing the game it is what it is.
yeah i especially noticed this during the main story which was so weird tonally. you've got all this dialogue you can't take serious at all from ricardo and keanu reeves to tony seeing you as his son and asking you to impregnate his wife while he watches because you delivered pizzas for a week for him... and suddenly the game introduces human trafficking, murder and MC standing there with a gun about to shoot some russian mob boss like in a korean thriller or something. it was just weird. i was so sure during the whole time that MC's father would still be alive and to stay true to the game's tone he disappeared for some dumb reason that's actually sort of funny but nope.

honestly i wish DC would hire a decent writer, he definitely has the money for it. the game still being written by non-pros is his decision.

4.00 star(s) 365 Votes