raschi

Jan 8, 2019
I didn't write the patch so I don't know how it works. I don't use the patch, either. I did download that patch after seeing your first post, extracted the /src folder as explained by the person who wrote the patch, and the game started with no problem.
However, simply changing the name of the characters to something different shouldn't keep the game from starting with the patch in it. If the patch was written properly, it would just skip translating lines if it can't find what it is looking for, leaving the original lines. You could and ask them.

You could test your assumption by making sure the game is exited, deleting the /src folder, start the game, rename them back to Debbie and Jenny, exit the game, extract the /src folder into the /game folder of the Summertime Saga directory, and try to start the game to see if it works.
Although I appreciate the effort, this patch is changing a bunch of original script files, and can easily break in future updates. It will also be more and more difficult to maintain as new updates roll out.

There are afaik two incest patches that changes dialogue on the fly, using both code and the translation system, without touching the original files:

1. Extra Lines Incest Mod

This is using the original lewd patcher incest patch, updated to work with the new version and has a bunch of additional lines fixed with the translation system.

2. Relation Tweaker Mod
https://f95zone.to/threads/summertime-saga-relation-tweaker-mod-raschi.214780/
This is an expansion of the original lewd patcher incest patch, which lets you choose between incest and step family relations.

Both of these should be much more robust and easier to maintain regarding future updates.

Last edited:

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
This patch is changing a bunch of original script files, and will easily break in future updates. It will also be more and more difficult to maintain as new updates roll out.
Yup.
There are afaik two incest patches that changes dialogue on the fly, using both code and the translation system, without touching the original files:

1. Extra Lines Incest Mod

This is using the original lewd patcher incest patch, updated to work with the new version and has a bunch of additional lines fixed with the translation system.

2. Relation Tweaker Mod
https://f95zone.to/threads/summertime-saga-relation-tweaker-mod-raschi.214780/
This is an expansion of the original lewd patcher incest patch, which lets you choose between incest and step family relations.

Both of these should be much more robust regarding future updates.
I have not tried either of them, I don't use any of the patches people want to change the relationships. I simply provide the links. As for future compatibility, this is the reason why my FAQ gets update when new information arises. Thanks for the heads up raschi.

Reactions: raschi

harem.king

Engaged Member
Aug 16, 2023
Resolution (number of pixels) =/= display ratio

Display ratio is simply in what comparison the width is to the height. (400x300 is 4:3 - so is 1200x900, 1920x1080, 2880x2160)
facepalm.
I know what the fucking difference is between resolution and ratio. which was obvious from my post.

You explicitly said he made all the art in 4k resolution, which is explicitly a name that explicitly refers to 3840 × 2160 aka UHD, which is explicitly a 16:9 aspect ratio.

In converting to 16:9 display ratio for backgrounds - he had to draw content in the other 900 pixels (see map as an example):
that is not what you said.
you said he has been drawing everything in 4k for years. and then reducing it for the game.
So he does not need to redraw anything, just export it again, this time without cropping.

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
facepalm.
I know what the fucking difference is between resolution and ratio.
You explicitly said he made it in 4k resolution, which is explicitly a name that explicitly refers to 3840 × 2160 aka UHD, which is explicitly a 16:9 aspect ratio.
Yes, facepalm - but for the wrong reason and the wrong person.

Because you stopped there in my reply to you instead of reading that he didn't use the entire width because his game was 4:3. His canvas is at least 4k - but didn't use it all - why would you think he would draw his map and backgrounds initially in 16:9 when his game was 4:3? That makes no sense. And that is what you implied in your comment:
1721573660824.png
To respond directly:
  1. His art has been drawn in at least 4k resolution for years, it was not in the 16:9 display ratio.
  2. So, no, he didn't already have the art at the 16:9 display ratio.
To reiterate:
His original art wasn't drawn to 16:9 display ratio. It was drawn on a digital canvas that is like 16:9 with at least 4k resolution but his original art was drawn for 4:3 display ratio use.

I hope this helps you to understand what your post was wrong about your conflation of resolution and display ratio.

harem.king

Engaged Member
Aug 16, 2023
Yes, facepalm - but for the wrong reason and the wrong person.

Because you stopped there in my reply to you instead of reading that he didn't use the entire width because his game was 4:3. His canvas is at least 4k - but didn't use it all - why would you think he would draw his map and backgrounds initially in 16:9 when his game was 4:3? That makes no sense. And that is what you implied in your comment:
If he is not using the entire canvas then he is not using 4k.

All you had to do instead of this silly condescending explanation is admit you made a mistake and he didn't actually make it in 4k but in 2880x2160. Its not a big deal, people make such mistakes often. Nobody will hold it against you

4k is a term that has a meaning, and that meaning is 3840 × 2160
In fact that is literally where the 4k comes from. They took 3.84k and rounded it to 4k.
2.88 does not in any way shape or form round to 4k.

Reactions: s333d

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
If he is not using the entire canvas then he is not using 4k.

All you had to do instead of this silly condescending explanation is admit you made a mistake and he didn't actually make it in 4k but in 2880x2160. Its not a big deal, people make such mistakes often. Nobody will hold it against you

4k is a term that has a meaning, and that meaning is 3840 × 2160
In fact that is literally where the 4k comes from. They took 3.84k and rounded it to 4k.
2.88 does not in any way shape or form round to 4k.
I apologize when I am wrong or mistaken: (just a few examples: 10,050, 74,822, 112, 32, 72,595). This is not that time.

harem.king

Engaged Member
Aug 16, 2023
DC has stated quite a few times on his stream that he's working in 4K.
interesting, this shows where Count Morado got the figure in the first place. And explains why he is doubling down on it so much, as he seems to be a big advocate for DC
They are both wrong if they insist that 2880x2160 is 4k.

Last edited:
Reactions: Magnumhawaii

MisterMeh

Nov 3, 2020
interesting, this shows where DC got the figure in the first place. And explains why he is doubling down on it so much, as he seems to be a big advocate for DC
I'm not up to date on your conversation, but I can say that DC has stated that the resolution he's working in, is significantly higher than what you're claiming there.

VertXXX

Feb 26, 2018
interesting, this shows where Count Morado got the figure in the first place. And explains why he is doubling down on it so much, as he seems to be a big advocate for DC
"4K" has different meanings depending on the context. Yes it defines a certain resolution, if we're talking about buying a monitor. But when we're talking about CONTENT PRODUCTION, saying art is made "in 4K" implies that, for the given area on the screen the art will take up, its pixel density will be 1:1 with the pixels on the display. This is how these terms are used when discussing art, because it's the most practical and easy to interpret.

If I take a 4K wallpaper, and then slice it down the middle, it's still an image made for a 4K display, it's just covering half my display now instead. Functionally it is a "4K asset". Arguing otherwise is being needlessly pedantic.

Reactions: bogodit

tropicalstorm

Feb 20, 2019
"4K" has different meanings depending on the context. Yes it defines a certain resolution, if we're talking about buying a monitor. But when we're talking about CONTENT PRODUCTION, saying art is made "in 4K" implies that, for the given area on the screen the art will take up, its pixel density will be 1:1 with the pixels on the display. This is how these terms are used when discussing art, because it's the most practical and easy to interpret.

If I take a 4K wallpaper, and then slice it down the middle, it's still an image made for a 4K display, it's just covering half my display now instead. Functionally it is a "4K asset". Arguing otherwise is being needlessly pedantic.
So if I take a 4k image and slice it into each of it's ~8 million pixels, I've just made over 8 million "4k assets"? That's not how 4k works mate. It, by definition, means ~4k pixels horizontally.

VertXXX

Feb 26, 2018
So if I take a 4k image and slice it into each of it's ~8 million pixels, I've just made over 8 million "4k assets"? That's not how 4k works mate. It, by definition, means ~4k pixels horizontally.
If that asset is meant to cover a single pixel at 4K display resolution, yes, that is absolutely how "4K" works in the world of CONTENT PRODUCTION. We describe what resolution an asset is designed to support clarity up to, because that's what is the most *practical* way to direct asset design for games and film/animation. If you actually had any significant experience in these industries you'd understand this. I'm explaining this for people to understand, whether you want to be stubborn and unwilling to accept new information is up to you.

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
would be too funny if DC misses his self imposed deadline on the first try already :HideThePain:
Hey, here's me "defending DC" because of your wrong information.

DC's first hopeful (not self-imposed) deadline was the initial release of the v0.21.0.0-wip.4468 that they stated in April they would release by the end of May.
1721640782127.png
And, that version was released on 31 May 2024 - so they hit their first hopeful deadline.

Now, let's see if DC and the team are able to hit their goal of their second deadline at the end of July:
1721640871348.png

itsyeboii

Aug 23, 2017
I see people betting on when the next game update will come out, so I launch another challenge to bet:

Who wins this race? DIANE or DAISY? Who is the fastest?

View attachment 3856496

View attachment 3856497

Gifs by DarkCookie.
It sucks that in this scene Diane is so caked up but isn't consistent with the rest of the game. I really wish DC would focus more on voluptuous hips and butt cheeks, I need some more ass jiggle in this game.

4.00 star(s) 361 Votes