Ntrsugar

Dec 27, 2020
It's really sad that DarkCookie wasted all this time & didn't even start work on another game.
The game feels really outdated with all it's trope.
DarkCookie could easily have started a new project, but he's only interested in Moni.

Reactions: Budman 1959

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
Is that the new art style? Am I the only one who thinks this looks worse than before?
That's AI fan-art - you can tell by the by-line the cat included in the post, if you couldn't by the artwork, itself.
Who can I unlock the cookies for android
Click several times on the WiFi symbol on the in-game phone. See my FAQ for more info: 80,603

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
Hi
can't find the magazines in the cafeteria. Found all others.
Any help plz ?
from

In the afternoon, find Kevin reading a “men” magazine in the cafeteria (it is random whether he has the magazines or the cooking pot).

Reactions: MisterMeh

sid60

Dec 11, 2019
been playing this game from the start but to me this game as fallen to the wayside DC was on the right track with it but now it just a remake of the old game more like a cut and paste just glad, I hold on to old game play sometime change is good but in this case it was a wrong turn just my take on game

izebear

Sep 22, 2020
I kinda liked this game. Before the tech updates.
More or less all the story is gone.

As far as I could understand of the change log. version 0.20.8 had the full main story and now it´s gone again.

This gam should been full a long time ago.

I realle hope the progress will go fast but i got no hopes

Darkrunner00

Jul 4, 2018
Okay...

I usually just lurk and eat popcorn while all the "fans" fight among themselves about the state of the game.
I hadn't bothered to try the first WIP of 0.21 since Debbie and Jenny were just super old content that I didn't really care about anymore.

However, upon the new update -- I was curious to check it out. I started following SS back during the "teacher" update, so since it was reimplemented I thought maybe I could get a fair impression of DC's ambitions, and a sense of nostalgia because that's where it all started for me. I wanted to try to compare how I felt back then and where the state of the game is now...

I know that there is a lot of content missing... and I believe during the original "teacher" update there was already a lot of other side routes implemented -- so as far content is concerned, it will already start off lacking compared to the original "teacher" update.

I don't want to defend DC's work ethic. Some things seem very minor adjustments on the front end. But even from the intro screen. The game felt much smoother. I remember a delay in all previous versions when accepting the 18+ disclaimer. And there always felt some kind of latency when on the menu screen.

This could be because there's a lot less content to load, or it could also be attributed to something they did in the backend. So that's a bonus.

The only other thing I wanted to address, is that while there is a sure lack of content and minimal cookie jar scenes. I want to appreciate that there are a lot of additional scenes when introducing characters. These mini-cutscenes iirc were not in the any of the old versions. And I want to praise DC's team for trying to increase the quality of their storytelling.

Again, I'm not trying to defend DC just because a lot of these minor things might not feel much and usually shouldn't take a long time to code in... For all I know, they rewrote all the backend code... so effectively the only thing they could copy and paste from implementations were the dialogue. They may have wanted to do this so that reimplementing future cutscenes would be streamlined. It's always very annoying to have different parts of a game run on different code logic.

But not even 5 minutes into the demo... did I "feel" DC's ambition of making SS a much more well-rounded GAME. Not just another RenPy game with high quality art. We always praised SS for its art... and even its depth for its open world in comparison to others in its style. I think DC just wants SS to be lightyears away from any other open world VN.

I also think, lucky new players will still really enjoy SS. And they won't even know what they've missed. But they will feel the difference in quality of SS compared to any other generic VN...

I was just wow'd by Jenny's, Debbie's, and Mrs. Johnson's opening cutscene... and if every character gets this kind of treatment. I am excited! It's definitely not worth 2 years of waiting for something like that... but there's a lot of other things trying to be added. And I'm all for it.

I hope and wish DC continues his pursuits and eventually finishes this game.

Last edited:
Jan 9, 2019
Okay...

I usually just lurk and eat popcorn while all the "fans" fight among themselves about the state of the game.
I hadn't bothered to try the first WIP of 0.21 since Debbie and Jenny were just super old content that I didn't really care about anymore.

However, upon the new update -- I was curious to check it out. I started following SS back during the "teacher" update, so since it was reimplemented I thought maybe I could get a fair impression of DC's ambitions, and a sense of nostalgia because that's where it all started for me. I wanted to try to compare how I felt back then and where the state of the game is now...

I know that there is a lot of content missing... and I believe during the original "teacher" update there was already a lot of other side routes implemented -- so as far content is concerned, it will already start off lacking compared to the original "teacher" update.

I don't want to defend DC's work ethic. Some things seem very minor adjustments on the front end. But even from the intro screen. The game felt much smoother. I remember a delay in all previous versions when accepting the 18+ disclaimer. And there always felt some kind of latency when on the menu screen.

This could be because there's a lot less content to load, or it could also be attributed to something they did in the backend. So that's a bonus.

The only other thing I wanted to address, is that while there is a sure lack of content and minimal cookie jar scenes. I want to appreciate that there are a lot of additional scenes when introducing characters. These mini-cutscenes iirc were not in the any of the old versions. And I want to praise DC's team for trying to increase the quality of their storytelling.

Again, I'm not trying to defend DC just because a lot of these minor things might not feel much and usually shouldn't take a long time to code in... For all I know, they rewrote all the backend code... so effectively the only thing they could copy and paste from implementations were the dialogue. They may have wanted to do this so that reimplementing future cutscenes would be streamlined. It's always very annoying to have different parts of a game run on different code logic.

But not even 5 minutes into the demo... did I "feel" DC's ambition of making SS a much more well-rounded GAME. Not just another RenPy game with high quality art. We always praised SS for its art... and even its depth for its open world in comparison to others in its style. I think DC just wants SS to be lightyears away from any other open world VN.

I also think, lucky new players will still really enjoy SS. And they won't even know what they've missed. But they will feel the difference in quality of SS compared to any other generic VN...

I was just wow'd by Jenny's, Debbie's, and Mrs. Johnson's opening cutscene... and if every character gets this kind of treatment. I am excited! It's definitely not worth 2 years of waiting for something like that... but there's a lot of other things trying to be added. And I'm all for it.

I hope and wish DC continues his pursuits and eventually finishes this game.
GTA 7 will come sooner than this game will be finished

4.00 star(s) 367 Votes