1.00 star(s) 1 Vote

Sarkath

Sep 8, 2019
What engine is the new version made in sadly doesn't open in joiplay so I can't play it
It's just a custom HTML/JavaScript thing, but it's packaged in a way that's unnecessarily inconvenient for non-Windows users. I was able to extract the important bits, however. I'm not sure how things need to be set up for it to work with JoiPlay but this should be everything you need to get it running.

The above link contains the extracted resource file from the standalone version. This includes the HTML, JavaScript, and images required. I haven't tested it too much (basically just went through the intro sequence) but it seems to work fine. I haven't tried this on my phone, but based on a quick simulation I did in Firefox it seems like it's only going to be playable in landscape mode.

If anyone wants to use this on a computer, just extract the ZIP and open index.html in your browser like you would with the old SbArPg releases.

I hope this helps!

Ca1keh

Mar 5, 2020
It's just a custom HTML/JavaScript thing, but it's packaged in a way that's unnecessarily inconvenient for non-Windows users. I was able to extract the important bits, however. I'm not sure how things need to be set up for it to work with JoiPlay but this should be everything you need to get it running.

Mega

The above link contains the extracted resource file from the standalone version. This includes the HTML, JavaScript, and images required. I haven't tested it too much (basically just went through the intro sequence) but it seems to work fine. I haven't tried this on my phone, but based on a quick simulation I did in Firefox it seems like it's only going to be playable in landscape mode.

If anyone wants to use this on a computer, just extract the ZIP and open index.html in your browser like you would with the old SbArPg releases.

I hope this helps!
Where I can save? I didn't find any where a save button or spot

Sarkath

Sep 8, 2019
Where I can save? I didn't find any where a save button or spot
From what I can tell the developers didn't implement manual saves yet. It does save automatically (just click "continue" on the main screen and it should pick up from where you left off) but that's it.

Considering the first major "boss" fight is a textbook example of , I'm waiting for them to add support for that into their new engine before I give it a serious playthrough.

vorpaltiger

Aug 21, 2018
From what I can tell the developers didn't implement manual saves yet. It does save automatically (just click "continue" on the main screen and it should pick up from where you left off) but that's it.

Considering the first major "boss" fight is a textbook example of , I'm waiting for them to add support for that into their new engine before I give it a serious playthrough.
yeah they only added one fight so far, the drunken wolf, tho its just kinda bare bones at the moment just a click attack till you win or lose sorta thing. beyond that, no clue how you regain HP because ive fought that wolf again and my HP was at 0, not even sleeping refreshed it, so its still very much a WIP

Reactions: Sarkath

Sarkath

Sep 8, 2019
Sadly seems as though they are lowering the image quality on alot of the images in the game too
I'm thinking either they probably just reduced the resolution to more sane values. Considering aeroicon.png is just supposed to be a little icon used in some of the menus, 1.31MB is a downright insane size, especially since it's going to get crushed down to something like 64x64 anyway. Even the new aerofb.png has a resolution of 1024x1366, so I don't cutting that back is going to make a difference in-game, even on a 4K display.

GravGrav

Sep 25, 2017
It seems that end of the year update is about the new engine again
Two months for the engine update was the plan, from what I heard/remember. And new stuff has been written already (like a much broader Harold event), but the game needs to have all the old parts in place before new things can be added. And it looks like even this engine update included some new stuff, since I don't think the house talks with people was in there before.

Fanrose

Feb 12, 2020
Two months for the engine update was the plan, from what I heard/remember. And new stuff has been written already (like a much broader Harold event), but the game needs to have all the old parts in place before new things can be added. And it looks like even this engine update included some new stuff, since I don't think the house talks with people was in there before.
house talks has been around since the last update, but I'd hope to turn a part background events into substantive ones

Wildor567

Feb 10, 2020
Is anybody putting out requests for the new patreon exclusive versions? The latest public versions are terribly buggy.

Reactions: Kmanlv

Kruxis

Sep 3, 2019
They did, but I don't have it. He's also been doing a side project in the same universe called Finding a Place. Patrons have full day 3 of that one

GravGrav

Sep 25, 2017
They did, but I don't have it. He's also been doing a side project in the same universe called Finding a Place. Patrons have full day 3 of that one
Only Day 3 morning is available to patrons at the moment, not the entire day.

GravGrav

Sep 25, 2017
Wow, this hasn't been updated in a while. Update 13 is available to the public. Could we get an update of the main post to at least that?

I'll help whichever mod arrives by providing links to each version, since the Changelog will need to be updated too.

Version 11:
Version 12:
Version 13:

Reactions: Wulfex

K3NJ1

I'm so smart it hurts
Modder
Donor
Jul 26, 2018
Wow, this hasn't been updated in a while. Update 13 is available to the public. Could we get an update of the main post to at least that?

I'll help whichever mod arrives by providing links to each version, since the Changelog will need to be updated too.

Version 11:
Version 12:
Version 13:
If you can provide the latest version then sure, I'll update it.

GravGrav

Sep 25, 2017
If you can provide the latest version then sure, I'll update it.
Can't we get the thread updated to at least the current public version (Update 13) for now? Since the main post only has up to Update 10.

K3NJ1

I'm so smart it hurts
Modder
Donor
Jul 26, 2018
Can't we get the thread updated to at least the current public version (Update 13) for now? Since the main post only has up to Update 10.
Yeah, that's what I meant. Just drop a link here and I'll update it, can't seem to find it.

1.00 star(s) 1 Vote