Collection Video Sumthingextra69 Collection [2023-09-23] [SuMthinDiFrnt]

4.50 star(s) 2 Votes

pno88

Mar 8, 2020
So I watched NW2 again to give it another chance, with lower expectations, but my conclusion is still the same. If you're going to involve 4 different women, at least make them different from each other. This is something even Japan figured out decades ago. All 4 of the women in this video had the same body type, with the ridiculously sized tits and ass and all basically sounded and acted the same. This could have just been one character for all the variety that was used

The plot was laughable, if you could even call the sequence of poorly edited still frames of exposition "plot". Of course, all four women are effortlessly seduced with practically or literally no effort at all from our blank slate, personality-less main character, with very little attention paid to personality differences or internal progression. We're kind of left to assume all 4 are just inherently disloyal and adulterous with how quickly they decide to jump on this kids dick.

Animation wise there are some good shots and angles, but they're outweighed pretty heavily by some lazy rigging and painfully obvious over reliance on loops. Every sfm artist uses loops but the trick is to hide them so it's not distracting. This utterly failed at that. Not to mention the modeling itself tended to be ugly, and the absurdly gigantic tits and ass looked unnatural. As in, distractingly not working within the rigging and the rest of the model.

One positive is there were a few good ideas interspersed throughout the video, such as the bits involving phones, and the banging out of the car bit. Unfortunately in an hour long video with no real plot, indistinguishable character models and samey sex scenes, half a dozen good ideas (if there were even that many) isn't good enough to redeem it.

I really want to support longer form SFM/blender content but if this is what we're gonna be getting I might change my mind.

Oriandu

Engaged Member
Sep 1, 2017
For a free site where people don’t have to pay anything there are a lot of self entitled whinny little bitchs
I don't know what "whinny little bitchs" are, but having an opinion on something doesn't make us "self entitled". If you're going to accuse people of being whiny bitches maybe you should first try proofreading what you post, and maybe the brain cells you had to rub together to do that will help you realize that believing you can pass judgment on others is at least as entitled as having an opinion on something you didn't pay for.

mesumguy

May 8, 2019
Mega

PW: "sumthindifrnt"
do you have any other than Mega like torent or something? im sorry but i really hate Mega, for some reason they always blocked me after 2% or 5% download. i already reset my modem and i still had this issue. perhaps because i live in asia.

majormodder

Mar 13, 2018
For a free site where people don’t have to pay anything there are a lot of self entitled whinny little bitchs
I can't speak on the behalf of others, but considering I'd been a patron of his before, but stopped after he kept delaying his work and on top of that it had gotten even worse over time.

His work has gotten worse over time, even when a lot of his stuff is premade and doesn't require a personal touch on his end such as the need to edit or alter outfits on his own or make new textures, he relies on content that has already been made by other users so he isn't even bothering to learn things other than basic editing and writing.

I've seen how other users and artists have started off and improved over the years, some like Nyuunzi or 26RegionSFM, have come a pretty damn long way since they began, but Sum didn't improve over time so there's no point to wait for him to be worthy of funding his content.

I used to "try out" games before I bought them to decide for myself if they were good enough to be bought. It's the same thing here or with a car, you test drive a car before you buy it, not pay over a year with the promise it'll be good, only to get a salvage title and a "here you go, enjoy it".

Sum is like the fallout 76 of SFM creators now, empty promises and junk content. I merely stated criticisms and facts, if you consider what i've said to be whiny or bitching then you can at least do me the courtesy of pointing out where I behaved that way.

Again, there's no point in bothering to stick around as a patron or viewer of this thread.

majormodder

Mar 13, 2018
So I watched NW2 again to give it another chance, with lower expectations, but my conclusion is still the same. If you're going to involve 4 different women, at least make them different from each other. This is something even Japan figured out decades ago. All 4 of the women in this video had the same body type, with the ridiculously sized tits and ass and all basically sounded and acted the same. This could have just been one character for all the variety that was used

The plot was laughable, if you could even call the sequence of poorly edited still frames of exposition "plot". Of course, all four women are effortlessly seduced with practically or literally no effort at all from our blank slate, personality-less main character, with very little attention paid to personality differences or internal progression. We're kind of left to assume all 4 are just inherently disloyal and adulterous with how quickly they decide to jump on this kids dick.

Animation wise there are some good shots and angles, but they're outweighed pretty heavily by some lazy rigging and painfully obvious over reliance on loops. Every sfm artist uses loops but the trick is to hide them so it's not distracting. This utterly failed at that. Not to mention the modeling itself tended to be ugly, and the absurdly gigantic tits and ass looked unnatural. As in, distractingly not working within the rigging and the rest of the model.

One positive is there were a few good ideas interspersed throughout the video, such as the bits involving phones, and the banging out of the car bit. Unfortunately in an hour long video with no real plot, indistinguishable character models and samey sex scenes, half a dozen good ideas (if there were even that many) isn't good enough to redeem it.

I really want to support longer form SFM/blender content but if this is what we're gonna be getting I might change my mind.
That's what you got after waiting for over an entire year. Do you honestly think that is what you deserve after waiting this long?

confusing

Jul 16, 2018
So, remember the guy that was making a NW visual novel with Sum's stuff + his own content? He's still on that, waiting for Sum to release NW2.
So am gonna talk about something else now, this person here who was waiting on sum's stuff.

I've been looking at this for awhile now, since the NW2 got done.

When will this person possible come out with the remake of this stuff, and as well add his own stuff to it.
Also I wouldn't mind in knowing the artist if anything.

Haven't actually gotten a name yet or seen anybody mention who this person was so.

Reactions: memonemo19
Mar 14, 2019
Like alot of you already said, that Sumthinsumthin has no animation skills, no rigging knowledge, no sense of aesthetics of body or face of the models in his videos etc. Graphics are low quality and overall its horrible to watch, especially the face expressions.

But he is still supported with alot of money (yeah its alot considering the garbage he delivers)
Thats exactly why we cant have nice things!

Spending that money on real artists that do quality work should be the way to go. Ask artists to do more of the stuff you like to see, like incest, bestiality or whatever you are into. But stop wasting money on crap like this. Especially when its done by a retarded person, who cant write proper texts and milk people that shamefully.

Reactions: Mirnation

Auroera

Dec 17, 2017
So am gonna talk about something else now, this person here who was waiting on sum's stuff.

When will this person possible come out with the remake of this stuff, and as well add his own stuff to it.

Haven't actually gotten a name yet or seen anybody mention who this person was so.
Me too, waiting those guy works. Looks promising and interesting

Reactions: Unless

Noname55

Sep 17, 2017

If you go back a couple pages I answered a few questions about this. The guy is called "Your Friendly Ginger", never done anything like this before. Started this VN thing as just a conversion of sum's animations into a narrative of his own, but then decided to learn a bit of SFM and put in his own ideas. It has now spiraled into much more than it was originally planned and the guy has no release date or even a guess.

From some comments and questions I've read in both Sum's discord and this guy's discord, keep in mind that:
-No one is paying him anything, he does this whenever he has free time and he's also learning while doing.
-He has a night time job and goes to a uni, so his free time (I presume) isn't a whole lot.
-He's planning on releasing this just for Sum's patreons, although he recently said he wasn't sure about using Sum's content at all. So I don't know how the release would work there.

BubbleMunch

Oct 10, 2017
Watched a bit of NW2, need to download it because playing on mega is a nope. He really could of payed someone to make him a face model for the main guy and redo Ben's face, dude looks 40 and Ben looks like a potato.

oriondeth

Dec 23, 2017
well it didnt worth the wait to much talk some of them last minutes, the models looks awfully odd honoka's head wtf and what to say of the bodies, sum pass from dark to blur effect and those far takes from the camera mmm no really. not his best probably this is his lazies work. but i think it was bcause he was tired hope it was that, well hope he get better in t
he future. dissapointed.

PS: thanks to all who share the links your all amazing :)

Reactions: Akanine74 and Zelme

confusing

Jul 16, 2018
You mind providing a link to this said "Your Friendly Ginger" person?

I tired google but, I mostly came out with links or pics towards this

4.50 star(s) 2 Votes