lynkd34d

Jul 5, 2020
I admit I enjoyed this game, and because of it, i actually tried Melody which is one of his other games, but dear lord I now understand why people call this blueballs studios. just when you think you're about to go all the way this guy loves to pull the rug out from under you. if Melody is any indication at to the progression of actually getting to any real action. I may as well not play this again for another year.

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
different type of game than melody and m is different type than dmd (where mc was blueballed until met elena).

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
different type of game than melody and m is different type than dmd (where mc was blueballed until met elena).
Still the nickname of blueballs studio is not entirely undeserved. :p They do tend to insert an incredible amount of unneeded drama and storylines into their games and did same with this one based on the setup of one and added characters in two.

Then again it seems to be part of what their fans expect of them and to be their way of working, so do not expect it to change. If you are less a fan of it, wait with playing until the games are way further ahead and the unneeded plot lines have been dealt with and the better stuff starts.

Reactions: lynkd34d

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
Still the nickname of blueballs studio is not entirely undeserved. :p They do tend to insert an incredible amount of unneeded drama and storylines into their games and did same with this one based on the setup of one and added characters in two.

Then again it seems to be part of what their fans expect of them and to be their way of working, so do not expect it to change. If you are less a fan of it, wait with playing until the games are way further ahead and the unneeded plot lines have been dealt with and the better stuff starts.
What some may call "blueballing" others, like myself, call a "slow burn" or focus on establishing a plot and developing characters. To me the sex is more meaningful when we know the participants beyond their labels of "father" "daughter" "sister" "brother". There is nothing wrong with enjoying a game that has sex each and every release, there are plenty of games like that, but I prefer to have a story to follow that is more than "stick the digital dick in the digital hole".

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
What some may call "blueballing" others, like myself, call a "slow burn" or focus on establishing a plot and developing characters. To me the sex is more meaningful when we know the participants beyond their labels of "father" "daughter" "sister" "brother". There is nothing wrong with enjoying a game that has sex each and every release, there are plenty of games like that, but I prefer to have a story to follow that is more than "stick the digital dick in the digital hole".
Well let me remind of my old post why I think the setup here is not good and overdone and adds way too many useless drama. It is not how fast the sex is, with the setup they added bro/sis could have fucked first episode without any trouble actually and been in story and realistic. The thing is and I said it in my remark, it is the way this team works and it has its fans so it will not be changed.

Besides as you should know I do believe there is a difference between a realistic slowburn with good story and progress and blueball masochism/stalling in the name of unrealistic realism. :p This team tends to be in the middle between those by over adding drama and events to slow down events way after they became believable, like the D kidnapping and basically all of chapter 2 that you just can skip without having missed any character development. That does not mean they are untalented or that the renders are not great, just I would not advice anyone to play one of their games until they decide to just take those artificial blocks they place out of the game and it is time to go forward with the story or you can easily get bored before that time.. In my mind it tends more to be a soap like Days of our Lives was as great story. :p

Now that soap was super popular and around forever so there is def a market for it. :ROFLMAO:

https://f95zone.to/threads/sunshine-love-v0-0-2-extras-mr-dots-games.49330/post-3975289

Last edited:

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
Well let me remind of my old post why I think the setup here is not good and overdone and adds way too many useless drama. It is not how fast the sex is, with the setup they added bro/sis could have fucked first episode without any trouble actually and been in story and realistic.
Pray tell how you would have implemented this ridiculous and unrealistic scenario....wothout actually changing the personality of the characters or back story.

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
Pray tell how you would have implemented this ridiculous and unrealistic scenario....wothout actually changing the personality of the characters or back story.
What would you need to change in the background of the characters or the story beside him admitting he remembers and still loves her? All that happens in chapter 1 to keep them apart are just artificial roadblocks placed by devs, not real feelings or obstacles that will not disappear like snow for the sun as soon as devs think it is time for them to disappear. Why I said it feels more like a soap with cardboard characters as real story or emotion.

Now do not get me wrong the team is pretty good at those soaps, just it was not my thing when my mother or GF's watched them either. :p

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
Well let me remind of my old post why I think the setup here is not good and overdone and adds way too many useless drama. It is not how fast the sex is, with the setup they added bro/sis could have fucked first episode without any trouble actually and been in story and realistic. The thing is and I said it in my remark, it is the way this team works and it has its fans so it will not be changed.

Besides as you should know I do believe there is a difference between a realistic slowburn with good story and progress and blueball masochism/stalling in the name of unrealistic realism. :p This team tends to be in the middle between those by over adding drama and events to slow down events way after they became believable, like the D kidnapping and basically all of chapter 2 that you just can skip without having missed any character development. That does not mean they are untalented or that the renders are not great, just I would not advice anyone to play one of their games until they decide to just take those artificial blocks they place out of the game and it is time to go forward with the story or you can easily get bored before that time.. In my mind it tends more to be a soap like Days of our Lives was as great story. :p

Now that soap was super popular and around forever so there is def a market for it. :ROFLMAO:

https://f95zone.to/threads/sunshine-love-v0-0-2-extras-mr-dots-games.49330/post-3975289
Yeah, though I was responding to your post I wasn’t necessarily directing it specifically at you. If that makes any sense. Honestly I am not a huge fan of DMD, not a big fan of the character model for D not the overall storyline. I mean the plot was essentially the F realizing he wanted to fuck his D and then them fucking, the second chapter was there to introduce more about the ex-wife than it was anything else (and I agree it was largely unnecessary). Now it’s all about D wanting to be a model. To me Melody was a much better game, the ability to pursue various different women, even though Melody was the main love interest, to lock out different paths so you can focus on the love interest you wish to pursue, and the non-incest of it appealed more to me. But that doesn’t appeal to the majority of perverts so they went with what gets more interest in subsequent games.
I decided to try Sunshine Love because of my like for Melody and since it, at first, seemed like we wouldn’t have to pursue the sister. So far this game feels like a slow burn, it doesn’t feel too drawn out to me. However we shall see what happens next update. I do have concerns about this game and this team has lost a bit of prestige in my mind with the elongated storytelling formula they seem to have embraced. But I’m still willing to wait and see.

Reactions: Raziel_8 and DA22

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
What would you need to change in the background of the characters or the story beside him admitting he remembers and still loves her? All that happens in chapter 1 to keep them apart are just artificial roadblocks placed by devs, not real feelings or obstacles that will not disappear like snow for the sun as soon as devs think it is time for them to disappear. Why I said it feels more like a soap with cardboard characters as real story or emotion.

Now do not get me wrong the team is pretty good at those soaps, just it was not my thing when my mother or GF's watched them either. :p
Hahaha you're having a laugh now right? Still loves her? You 'do' remember how old they were when they were seperated right? Give me a break....

Yeah, though I was responding to your post I wasn’t necessarily directing it specifically at you. If that makes any sense. Honestly I am not a huge fan of DMD, not a big fan of the character model for D not the overall storyline. I mean the plot was essentially the F realizing he wanted to fuck his D and then them fucking, the second chapter was there to introduce more about the ex-wife than it was anything else (and I agree it was largely unnecessary). Now it’s all about D wanting to be a model. To me Melody was a much better game, the ability to pursue various different women, even though Melody was the main love interest, to lock out different paths so you can focus on the love interest you wish to pursue, and the non-incest of it appealed more to me. But that doesn’t appeal to the majority of perverts so they went with what gets more interest in subsequent games.
I decided to try Sunshine Love because of my like for Melody and since it, at first, seemed like we wouldn’t have to pursue the sister. So far this game feels like a slow burn, it doesn’t feel too drawn out to me. However we shall see what happens next update. I do have concerns about this game and this team has lost a bit of prestige in my mind with the elongated storytelling formula they seem to have embraced. But I’m still willing to wait and see.
I'm with you. I can't stand DmD and also thought the writing was utter pish too. Melody did improve, but I don't think it's the greatest thing so many here do. Thankfully, SL does seem an improvement over both of them but we shall see how it progresses.

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
Hahaha you're having a laugh now right? Still loves her? You 'do' remember how old they were when they were seperated right? Give me a break....

I'm with you. I can't stand DmD and also thought the writing was utter pish too. Melody did improve, but I don't think it's the greatest thing so many here do. Thankfully, SL does seem an improvement over both of them but we shall see how it progresses.
You are free to feel differently, but to me both the elongated (expressly drawn out) story telling and fact that too many characters play more of a role as are real characters is the style and modus operandi of this team and you find it also back in the way this game has been set up from the very start in my opinion.

Now for people that love that stuff it is great, for those who like a bit more concentration on less characters, moving them and their story forward and their development it is wiser to wait quite a while in development of the game likely to try their games. Complaining about it is a bit futile, wishing with their talent they would do it bit different is human though. :p

Aion_Abyss

Jul 28, 2020
Why is loli a tag on this thread

It doesn't include any content with loli characters, just a few scenes in flashbacks showcasing sfw child-versions of the two main characters

Reactions: Dolphin3000

MOAR Cowbell

Apr 20, 2018
Isn't Shortcake 18?
Yes she is but I'm assuming Shortcake's or Yuki's (I forgot about Yuki in my post above) character model is close to Loli even though they are both 18, but I could be wrong about the tag.

Last edited:
3.50 star(s) 269 Votes