LordSinner

Feb 11, 2018
And that right there is the issue. In a tabletop RPG, you are your character. You decide your characteristics and react based on how you want them to. In a VN you are playing a predefined character. You are allowed to name your character but everything else is already cemented as the character. So, while you personally disagree with a character's choices (and you are most certainly free too), the character will behave in accordance to who he is defined as. You may have ended your relationship in this scenario, but that is not what the defined MC would have done.
If what you are trying to say is the case than this would be a kinetic novel and the player would have zero choices including the option to name the MC.

kymico

Nov 29, 2016
The premise of Sunshine Love is solid but I really find myself disliking the dialogue. There's such a thing of "less is more". Some of the scenes are dragging on with needless and excessive inner thoughts. Gonna be crass about this but the MC needs a rework, BAD. He acts and looks like a huge lesbian. It is my hope and dream Ivy and/or Lily take him out and give him a makeover and the author takes it as an opportunity to improve this guy altogether. With him being in an open relationship this should move things forward nicely. This would allow for more "content" and move the story forward.

Trikus

May 31, 2020
only, it's not entirely clear, really, why MC and Nicole did not part right away ...? at the beginning of the game, even when the first small problems began for the MC with Nicole "
All couples have problems. They are willing to work on them. They still love each other and both still want the relationship to work. If you throw in the towel on a relationship when small problems arise then you won't be in a relationship for long. Getting a Happily Ever After is only in fairy tales.

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
Did notice that when they are drinking from glasses the contents does not react to the glass being tipped. As in one scene sister was drinking from glass and the contents was parallel to the base of the glass and no where near her mouth.
Yes, I noticed that too. Champagne Jello!

LordSinner

Feb 11, 2018
All couples have problems. They are willing to work on them. They still love each other and both still want the relationship to work. If you throw in the towel on a relationship when small problems arise then you won't be in a relationship for long. Getting a Happily Ever After is only in fairy tales.
I have been in a relationship for more than a decade, I got my 'happily ever after' thank you very much. I also would have dropped Nicole the moment the 3rd red flag came up with in a week(as would my girls).

kantigura

Mar 17, 2019
And that right there is the issue. In a tabletop RPG, you are your character. You decide your characteristics and react based on how you want them to. In a VN you are playing a predefined character. You are allowed to name your character but everything else is already cemented as the character. So, while you personally disagree with a character's choices (and you are most certainly free too), the character will behave in accordance to who he is defined as. You may have ended your relationship in this scenario, but that is not what the defined MC would have done.
Very true and I agree with you, but, the immersive, wants to make the character my own side of me would have liked to have a third option. Even if that third option never does get in game it will not hinder my enjoyment of this story. I think we will most likely never fully agree on the subject, but then again if everyone agreed all the time life would be boring. I am glad we could debate in the constructive way that we have. Have seen way to many hurt feelings and flame wars in the forums already.

Reactions: Trikus

Trikus

May 31, 2020
If what you are trying to say is the case than this would be a kinetic novel and the player would have zero choices including the option to name the MC.
No so. Choices in the game have to make sense to the predefined character. This character clearly doesn't believe in organized religion for example. If he is on a date with Kristina, do you think he would decide to join her church group? Obviously no, because that is completely out of character. The open relationship only has two choices because both are in character. He still wants to be with Nicole and even if you choose the open relationship, it is done with the intent of trying to fix the relationship he has with Nicole. Ending things with Nicole is not something he would have done. Well, not at this time anyway. It is possible during the game he will fall in love with someone else and decide to call things off. Which is why you can choose not to take things further with Vicky at the end of the night and still be on the open relationship path.

I have been in a relationship for more than a decade, I got my 'happily ever after' thank you very much. I also would have dropped Nicole the moment the 3rd red flag came up with in a week(as would my girls).
Congratulations and I genuinely hope things continue for you and your partner. Playing devils advocate, would you drop your relationship just like that if your relationship developed a few bumps in the road and your partner offered a suggestion to try to make things work like in this story?

Trikus

May 31, 2020
Very true and I agree with you, but, the immersive, wants to make the character my own side of me would have liked to have a third option. Even if that third option never does get in game it will not hinder my enjoyment of this story. I think we will most likely never fully agree on the subject, but then again if everyone agreed all the time life would be boring. I am glad we could debate in the constructive way that we have. Have seen way to many hurt feelings and flame wars in the forums already.
A good debate is never a bad thing.

Reactions: kantigura

i107760

Sistersitting / Housesitting Developer
Modder
Game Developer
Nov 1, 2016
I don't like the fact that I can't break up with Nicole at all. I've been playing my character quite conservatively, given he is in a relationship, if my girlfriend brought up an open-relation ship to me, I would just end the relationship personally. Not a fan of a girlfriend character that you have to cheat on in the first place, and because of that I played mr. nice guy, and now she is declaring she is going to cheat on me, after just a week. Game should get a NTR tag. I might even make a mod that gives you a choice to break up then and there, and then delete all Nicole scenes later. But that might be hard, if Nicole remains integral to the overall story. Will have to wait and see.

LordSinner

Feb 11, 2018
No so. Choices in the game have to make sense to the predefined character. This character clearly doesn't believe in organized religion for example. If he is on a date with Kristina, do you think he would decide to join her church group? Obviously no, because that is completely out of character. The open relationship only has two choices because both are in character. He still wants to be with Nicole and even if you choose the open relationship, it is done with the intent of trying to fix the relationship he has with Nicole. Ending things with Nicole is not something he would have done. Well, not at this time anyway. It is possible during the game he will fall in love with someone else and decide to call things off. Which is why you can choose not to take things further with Vicky at the end of the night and still be on the open relationship path.

Congratulations and I genuinely hope things continue for you and your partner. Playing devils advocate, would you drop your relationship just like that if your relationship developed a few bumps in the road and your partner offered a suggestion to try to make things work like in this story?
That would depend on the way things play out. If they would have played out the way they do in the story, yes I would have dropped my girl, though I would not be in this situation in the first place. This relationship is not healthy and doesn't seem to have been for a while before the game even begins. As for the actual suggestion part of your question, that would depend on what she was suggesting and her reason for it.

i107760

Sistersitting / Housesitting Developer
Modder
Game Developer
Nov 1, 2016
Not him, but I've been with my girlfriend for a long time too. An open-relationship is not working to fix things, it's giving up and admitting defeat. Moment she suggests it, I break up with her. I might give her some time to find a new place to live, but not even sure about that, might be too angry/hurt. In my experience, discussions about open-relationships tend to come after people have already met someone they want to cheat with, or have cheated with.

Sngo

May 9, 2020
Yes and the first thing you do to fix a relationship is turning it in a open relationship. Seems plausible

Reactions: res999 and EZ8lt

armion82

Message Maven
Mar 28, 2017
I don't like the fact that I can't break up with Nicole at all. I've been playing my character quite conservatively, given he is in a relationship, if my girlfriend brought up an open-relation ship to me, I would just end the relationship personally. Not a fan of a girlfriend character that you have to cheat on in the first place, and because of that I played mr. nice guy, and now she is declaring she is going to cheat on me, after just a week. Game should get a NTR tag. I might even make a mod that gives you a choice to break up then and there, and then delete all Nicole scenes later. But that might be hard, if Nicole remains integral to the overall story. Will have to wait and see.
Did you have a different game?I didn't get such scene where Nicole is telling me,she wants to fuck another guy.

• Angry
Reactions: hgooob2000

EZ8lt

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2019
Did you have a different game?I didn't get such scene where Nicole is telling me,she wants to fuck another guy.
Doesn't matter if she wants to fuck someone else or not. That is not the problem with the whole situation. The problem is that she manipulates you into an open relationship, and with all the additional circumstances, it's a nail in the coffin. The cleanest thing to do there is to break up and be done with it. The other problem comes from the nature of the writing and plotline at that decision.

Reactions: LordSinner

HunterSeeker

Engaged Member
May 13, 2017
Found a game breaking bug: On the screen where you're supposed to meet with the girls, when I click on that blonde lady with the glasses, it just goes to the title screen and there's absolutely no way to progress.

Trikus

May 31, 2020
Yes and the first thing you do to fix a relationship is turning it in a open relationship. Seems plausible
Possibly, if like Nicole you are dealing with a messy divorce case where the woman says she wonders if she had done the open relationship when she had the chance would she be getting divorced. Then your sister also throws the idea out there that it could be something that helps the relationship, since she is in an open relationship and it is working perfectly for her. Also, she offers the suggestion, she doesn't say do it. She gives you the option to say no and goes along with your decision if you say no. Its not like she plucked the idea out of thin air.

Trikus

May 31, 2020
Doesn't matter if she wants to fuck someone else or not. That is not the problem with the whole situation. The problem is that she manipulates you into an open relationship, and with all the additional circumstances, it's a nail in the coffin. The cleanest thing to do there is to break up and be done with it. The other problem comes from the nature of the writing and plotline at that decision.
I forget the part where she forces you into it. Where is the manipulation when you are free to say no to the idea?

LordSinner

Feb 11, 2018
I forget the part where she forces you into it. Where is the manipulation when you are free to say no to the idea?
You can say no but what is your other option? To stay in a relationship with someone that just said by all accounts that she is at the very least thinking about fucking someone else as a way to "fix" your relationship? Is that even a logical train of thought? We are having issues so let's bring in more pieces to the puzzle because we all know that adding more to something only makes it more likely it will go wrong.

3.50 star(s) 270 Votes