KeiNineX

Aug 10, 2019
MrDots and his team: Here is our third update.
Community: WE DON'T LIKE THIS!!!!
MrDots and his team: Ok, we heard your feedback and decided to go another direction.
Community: THE DEVS ARE LAZY AND THEY SUCK!!! YOU SHOULD HAVE STUCK TO YOUR GUNS!!!
MrDots and his team: ..........
Dude... You are not even trying to understand why people are upset. Everytime someone replies to you using common sense you just ignore it and later just blur out another ridiculous post like this.

Aion_Abyss

Jul 28, 2020
The answer is IN the post you quoted. "But from what we know so far it feels shoehorned." It's a subjective statement that explains itself to people who understand English.
Yet you know very little about what they were going to write. So why do you feel like you can judge it?

Trikus

May 31, 2020
Even Steven King writes bad books every now and then. But I don't think that's the case here. So far the writing has been pretty damn good, which is why the cuckquean plotline doesn't make sense to me. I mean, I can't see all the angles as I don't know the future of the game, but from what we know so far it feels shoehorned. There's going to be people that point that out.
If Nicole became cuckqueen overnight, then yes, I would most certainly agree with you that it doesn't make sense. However, since the game is intended to be set over several weeks and months, there was plenty of time for her to get used to the idea and get excited about it. As MrDots fans know, he takes his time developing things like this. Melody is set over months. You don't even have sex with her until week 9. DMD is a bit faster, but there are a couple of large time jumps in there.

tanstaafl

Oct 29, 2018
If Nicole became cuckqueen overnight, then yes, I would most certainly agree with you that it doesn't make sense. However, since the game is intended to be set over several weeks and months, there was plenty of time for her to get used to the idea and get excited about it. As MrDots fans know, he takes his time developing things like this. Melody is set over months. You don't even have sex with her until week 9. DMD is a bit faster, but there are a couple of large time jumps in there.
Finally! Something from you I'll respond to. And yes, I completely agree with what you are saying. But, as I pointed out all we have to go on is the minimal bit of game we have so far and the statement "She was going to be a cuckquean." With that little bit of information it can and does feel a bit forced. But I did say that I didn't know all the angles of the game and I'm familiar with how good their writing can be.

bosp

Jan 3, 2018
Community: WE DON'T LIKE THIS!!!!
MrDots and his team: Ok, we heard your feedback and decided to go another direction.
Community: THE DEVS ARE LAZY AND THEY SUCK!!! YOU SHOULD HAVE STUCK TO YOUR GUNS!!!
MrDots and his team: ..........
Fanboi accounts will be fanboi accounts, can't fight with them. Although your transcript might be missing some points.

Community: you gave us bad choices
MrDots and his team: Ok, we heard your feedback, and just so you know you are all being pricks about it so we are going to change it.
Community: don't give us ridiculous plot twist ass pull excuses.
MrDots and his team: we are so going to create 100 fanboi accounts and shit on you all for making us look incompetent and butthurt.

Trikus

May 31, 2020
Finally! Something from you I'll respond to. And yes, I completely agree with what you are saying. But, as I pointed out all we have to go on is the minimal bit of game we have so far and the statement "She was going to be a cuckquean." With that little bit of information it can and does feel a bit forced. But I did say that I didn't know all the angles of the game and I'm familiar with how good their writing can be.
Yeah, and when they were writing Chapter 1 of DMD, if they said D is going to turn into a sex crazed nympho who will not only get it on with her father but her friends and his friends, that would have also sounded a bit forced since she starts off completely repressed. Look where we are now with DMD.

tanstaafl

Oct 29, 2018
Yeah, and when they were writing Chapter 1 of DMD, if they said D is going to turn into a sex crazed nympho who will not only get it on with her father but her friends and his friends, that would have also sounded a bit forced since she starts off completely repressed. Look where we are now with DMD.
Actually, there were indicators of that after their first time having sex. Which is the primary complaint some have with the cuckquean plotline; no indicators. None. But that's actually fine. I'm sure they wanted to save that up as a M. Night Shayamalan style plot twist and it backfired on them.

Trikus

May 31, 2020
Fanboi accounts will be fanboi accounts, can't fight with them. Although your transcript might be missing some points.

Community: you gave us bad choices
MrDots and his team: Ok, we heard your feedback, and just so you know you are all being pricks about it so we are going to change it.
Community: don't give us ridiculous plot twist ass pull excuses.
MrDots and his team: we are so going to create 100 fanboi accounts and shit on you all for making us look incompetent and butthurt.
Calling people fanbois. that is when you lose your argument.

i107760

Sistersitting / Housesitting Developer
Modder
Game Developer
Nov 1, 2016
Interesting that the option removed is the open-relationship, and not the long-distance monogamous path which seems doomed to fail after the open-relationship call(I doubt many people are interested in it, and it will basically have no content due to being blocked from pursuing any of the other girls, right?). Personally believe it makes more sense to do for options: 1. Disagree and break up. 2. Agree to open-relationship.

Anyway, glad to see that I can break up with her now. Not interested in a harem anyway, dating the redhead cousin is enough for me.

Trikus

May 31, 2020
Actually, there were indicators of that after their first time having sex. Which is the primary complaint some have with the cuckquean plotline; no indicators. None. But that's actually fine. I'm sure they wanted to save that up as a M. Night Shayamalan style plot twist and it backfired on them.
Very true, but they first had sex in Chapter 2, not Chapter 1. As for Nicole, they were going slow. It started with her being fine with him being away, then he missed a few check ins and she started getting frustrated. He only contacted her when things were going wrong. She had to call him to initalize online sex. After a week that got to her and she had outside influences (divorce case and Georgina) putting the idea of an open relationship in her head. She suggests it, with ground rules. He agrees. She gets curious and wants to know what he is doing. He tells her, she finds it hot. The more time goes by, she begins to realize that it turns her on knowing he is with other girls and it develops along those lines. It is slow but the potential is there.

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
Just for information:
As the path of "open relationship" has been fully cancelled now, and you all got MrDots official statement, i may reveal what was planned and WHY we had that option of open relation.

Cuck Queen path:
The current relation is frozen, aand Nicole recognized that she is missing something. She thought, she is missing sex with others - of course with other men (she thought). So she suggested open relationship to be able to date other men. She also mentioned NOT to tell any details about sex with other women first. But soon she would start to feel uncomfortable not to know what's going on with MC, but she can't figure out why. She instinctively asks MC about his experiences with other girls. As they agreed to be honest, MC tells her exactly what's going on. Instead of being angry or jealous, Nicole feels excitement by hearing about that, but still she is too confused. Instead of feeling the urge to date other men, she even more wants to know (hear) all details of MC's adventures. Finally she has to admit to herself, that she really has been missing something - but not sex with others (as she thought first), it's more to see the sex of MC with others. She very slowly starts to recognize that she is a cuckqueen. Of course she wants to see MC in action, and carefully works towards that way. MC himself could finally agree to that as he also likes to be watched by someone. Why not been watched by Nicole instead of some stranger? So even Nicole will never get back to a "full relationship", she is nevertheless completely satisfied by fulfilling her role as cuckqueen, while MC is able to date and fuck (or love) any of the girls he wants to.

But anyway:
This possible cuck queen path if off table right now.
There won't be any cuckqueen or anything like that.
For those, who fear any NTR with Sister:
MC will share his sexual experiences with Sis, that's all. Sis will eventually break up with Brodie. There won't be any sexual scene btw Brodie and Sis, or any romantic scene at all.
You are quite aware that the team will actually be able to do that story line with Nicole also after a breakup or just slightly amended right?

Just her feelings that she experience might be even a bit stronger, since she is completely free and can experiment a bit more in background without scenes and have the same uncomfortable feelings. As a plus it allows her also to evaluate her own life goals and how she dominated her relation with MC and what is important to her after losing him. Based upon the outcome of that there may be that Nicole as an enemy in court case or a seeming enemy that might be turned in an ally.

tanstaafl

Oct 29, 2018
Very true, but they first had sex in Chapter 2, not Chapter 1. As for Nicole, they were going slow. It started with her being fine with him being away, then he missed a few check ins and she started getting frustrated. He only contacted her when things were going wrong. She had to call him to initalize online sex. After a week that got to her and she had outside influences (divorce case and Georgina) putting the idea of an open relationship in her head. She suggests it, with ground rules. He agrees. She gets curious and wants to know what he is doing. He tells her, she finds it hot. The more time goes by, she begins to realize that it turns her on knowing he is with other girls and it develops along those lines. It is slow but the potential is there.
The MC in this game has had sex twice. Once with Nicole at the very beginning and once with Vicky at the very end of chapter 3, the night Nicole told him that she would leave him if she found someone better. At no point in between has there been an indicator that Nicole was anything other than the ordinary uptight girlfriend. This game is moving slower than DMD, you're right. But simply announcing "This is what we WERE going to do, but we're not anymore." is not the best way to get people to say..."Oh yeah, that makes a ton of sense with what we've seen so far."

artofwar

Mar 17, 2020
MrDots games are a slow burn. They take time to develop the story. Why would they spoil the entire story line in the third update? Also, who said she was going to break up with him? I'm not saying it isn't possible, but up until this point she has been faithful to him.
They really didn't need to spoil the entire story. They didn't even need to spoil this plotline. All that needed to be done was for MrDots to come out and say "Nicole will not be sleeping with anyone else and you will like where this ends up, there will be a plot twist there, please give the story time to develop before writing it off just yet." This is an inherent problem with releasing unfinished and episodic work, if you're going to have shitty moments that most people will hate in your game then you need to be able to communicate effectively. People can't be expected to just know that they will end up liking it when everything points the opposite direction.

I'm going to guess that you mean cheat on him and not break up with him there, she's been doubting their relationship and thirsting after others since the game started, then when the mc's career implodes it's HER life that's ruined and they need a break. She tells him to go away and not come back on the weekends to visit because she wants some space. This could turn out great for us, after all. Less than a week later she calls him and says she wants to start seeing other people.

That girl is done with the relationship as it currently exists. We can only go with what we have been presented so far, pretending that she'll be the perfect girlfriend from then on would be disingenuous.

But him suggesting another woman to fuck while imagining someone else was?

Sure, whatever.
You seem to be hung up on the whole fantasizing about someone else thing. Christ. Everybody does it, and if you want to claim you don't then you can be sure that whoever you're with will at some point. It's completely normal and usually completely innocent, if not something that your partner appreciate being informed of.

I can't remember him trying to bring another woman into bed, but I'm pretty sure it wasn't presented in a way that was practically an ultimatum.

edit: By the way, I've seen you mention the divorce case point a few times. I'm pretty sure the woman seeking a divorce was not wondering if an open relationship would have saved their marriage. She was wondering if going for the break would have. Nicole just decided to go a step further.

Last edited:

Glooskabe

Jan 4, 2020
You are quite aware that the team will actually be able to do that story line with Nicole also after a breakup or just slightly amended right?

Just her feelings that she experience might be even a bit stronger, since she is completely free and can experiment a bit more in background without scenes and have the same uncomfortable feelings. As a plus it allows her also to evaluate her own life goals and how she dominated her relation with MC and what is important to her after losing him. Based upon the outcome of that there may be that Nicole as an enemy in court case or a seeming enemy that might be turned in an ally.
This is exactly what I suggested a few pages back. In fact, I think this could be an even more powerful storyline.

Furthermore, once the furor started up and things were spiraling out of control, I'm not sure why the Devs didn't just lay it out this clearly rather than dropping hints into the middle of a whirlwind and getting frustrated when nobody was picking up the trail of breadcrumbs. I think that this spoiler would have been preferable to scrapping their plans.

Reactions: magus448

Trikus

May 31, 2020
They really didn't need to spoil the entire story. They didn't even need to spoil this plotline. All that needed to be done was for MrDots to come out and say "Nicole will not be sleeping with anyone else and you will like where this ends up, there will be a plot twist there, please give the story time to develop before writing it off just yet." This is an inherent problem with releasing unfinished and episodic work, if you're going to have shitty moments that most people will hate in your game then you need to be able to communicate effectively. People can't be expected to just know that they will end up liking it when everything points the opposite direction.
That is exactly what Hyperserver was doing when this release came out and the backlash started.

edit: By the way, I've seen you mention the divorce case point a few times. I'm pretty sure the woman seeking a divorce was not wondering if an open relationship would have saved their marriage. She was wondering if going for the break would have. Nicole just decided to go a step further.
This is true. The client did also say that her husband asked for an open relationship though. Nicole was considering the break at first. It was Georgina that turned it around into an open relationship. Georgina suggested it as a way for both people to feel free, instead of the MC feeling like he was being tested to see how long he would jump into bed with someone. Turns out it only took him a few hours.

Last edited:

artofwar

Mar 17, 2020
That is exactly what Hyperserver was doing when this release came out and the backlash started.
And who the hell is he? Why should we listen to some random dude on the forum? And no, it wasn't exactly what he was doing. He never said "She will not be sleeping with anyone else." - which is kinda the important part, don't you think? If he actually did say that then it was completely buried in amongst his rants of "Just trust me! It will be good! I have insider information! I am important!"

He was full of cryptic bullshit, until of course MrDots released his statement, and THEN he decides to go "Well you all fucked up, here's exactly what you were going to get but now because you whined you aren't getting shit." - wtf? That actually pissed me off way more than the rest of the situation, and I find out later he's an admin for a friggin fan discord server. Just lol. Instead of trying to speak with authority on the subject the dude should take a back seat and let the people creating the games speak for themselves before he starts pissing more people off.

Glooskabe

Jan 4, 2020
It wasn't his job to do it. Plus, he did it poorly. His posts were rambling and at times incoherent. Not to mention he was only sprinkling a bread crumb trail of vague hints. His posts only served to upset people even more.

3.50 star(s) 270 Votes