Trikus

May 31, 2020
And who the hell is he? Why should we listen to some random dude on the forum? And no, it wasn't exactly what he was doing. He never said "She will not be sleeping with anyone else." - which is kinda the important part, don't you think? If he actually did say that then it was completely buried in amongst his rants of "Just trust me! It will be good! I have insider information! I am important!"

He was full of cryptic bullshit, until of course MrDots released his statement, and THEN he decides to go "Well you all fucked up, here's exactly what you were going to get but now because you whined you aren't getting shit." - wtf? That actually pissed me off way more than the rest of the situation, and I find out later he's an admin for a friggin fan discord server. Just lol. Instead of trying to speak with authority on the subject the dude should take a back seat and let the people creating the games speak for themselves before he starts pissing more people off.
He is one of the moderators of the MrDots Discord and is in direct contact with the team that actually make the game. If anyone on this board knows what is happening with the game, it is him, and Jeff Steel but he likes to troll so take anything he says with a grain of salt.

Moleman111

Oct 15, 2019
There were some strange story and creative decisions in this update, the whole Nicole relationship, creepy Ashley coming on like a sexual predator, it seems to me she's just using MC to get back at his dad and the end of the Vicky date annoyed me, she's my number one, so it made it feel like an afterthought was a slap in the face

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
This is exactly what I suggested a few pages back. In fact, I think this could be an even more powerful storyline.

Furthermore, once the furor started up and things were spiraling out of control, I'm not sure why the Devs didn't just lay it out this clearly rather than dropping hints into the middle of a whirlwind and getting frustrated when nobody was picking up the trail of breadcrumbs. I think that this spoiler would have been preferable to scrapping their plans.
Yeah furthermore, MC finally showing some initiative and control over his own life with regards to Nicole can only be good for him and it gives Nicole a few paths to develop in either more vengeful or bit wiser and more grown up with better goals in life depending on where devs want to take her.

That relation was at least from pov of MC as toxic as could be and especially what he did not need considering the emotional trauma's in his past to grow up.

Trikus

May 31, 2020
It wasn't his job to do it. Plus, he did it poorly. His posts were rambling and at times incoherent. Not to mention he was only sprinkling a bread crumb trail of vague hints. His posts only served to upset people even more.
It is called not trying to spoil the plot by giving too much away. Some might want to know the consequences right away, others don't.

bosp

Jan 3, 2018
He is one of the moderators of the MrDots Discord and is in direct contact with the team that actually make the game. If anyone on this board knows what is happening with the game, it is him, and Jeff Steel but he likes to troll so take anything he says with a grain of salt.
I actually like Hyperserver, he reminds me of the salesman from the Monty Pythons although his acting leaves a lot to be desired.

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
It is called not trying to spoil the plot by giving too much away. Some might want to know the consequences right away, others don't.
True, but choices also need to make a little sense in what they will lead to based upon the information given in game or at least give you that information within a reasonable amount of time after you made that choice, not a year later. At least if choices matter. :p

Reactions: Glooskabe

Sngo

May 9, 2020
They keep shooting themselves in their own foot every time they take a decision. Let's see what they will come up in the next update other than another commercial but this time for a knife board or something like that.

JohnDelfino

Mar 27, 2020
Just to see if I have caught up with everything here. The latest update contained a scene where the MC's girlfriend told him she wanted to date around and then leave him if he finds someone better, you could either agree or lock yourself out of all future content. People didn't like the options and asked for a way to just leave the relationship, a common request since long before this chapter came out, the devs threw a tantrum at being criticised and announced that they are removing a cuck queen route (if the route even existed since everything in game and the stuff the devs have said out of game including the story change patreon post point at the opposite) and are going to include descriptions of Nicole getting pleasured by other men (reminder that the sex scene with Nicole ends with her disappointed in the bathroom because the MC can't make her orgasm) to spite everybody.

Thread is more entertaining then the milfy city drama.

Reactions: Sngo

DriveBy

Feb 24, 2018
BTW (mods): is it possible to hide the last 700 postings behind one big spoiler tag? Of course I could do it as well, since I went to law school and stuff, if each registered board member would be so kind to send me a handwritten consent and waiver of liability form in triplicate.

Jeff Steel

Game Developer
Jun 2, 2017
It's your own fault in the way you write the history, all the indicators pointed to she wanted to sleep with others and not to be a cuckqueen, isnted of writing all pointing that you should at least after the 2 opinions of relationship Nicole having a dream of mc with other women a kind of be excited and wet with that after she will be confused but that would put a lot of minds ate ease or something along this lines.

The way that you act/type your answers don't put anyone in ease because they are nearly in the point of arrogance and now with your last comment

That makes even harder to think that what you wanted was a cuckqueen path or you guys are just being vindictive and "small minded" because people dared to criticize and give their opinion on your game. No one criticize your story rather that people criticize the option present or the lack of them, you don't need to change the story just give the common option, if you don't want to have 3 path why not go with the suppose cuckqueen path and the break up path? Or you really think you will have a lot of people playing the monogamous path with a character in a long distance relationship and on top of that, that character was not paint as a loving caring gf? The image Nicole have don't please the majority of people and being locked in a lot of content because of her isn't appealing .
The cuckqueen path would please alot of people and what big a nice plot twist you would have if the people broke up with her later realize they could have a cuckqueen?
Take opinion in a good way not in a bad way.
Cuckqueen was finally decided against, not because of the idea itself, which would have been very interesting, but because of the already complex weaving of different character path options, keeping Nicole in as a cuckqueen was felt by MDots as not worth the payoff.

But my issues with the complaining crowd is this, and thus is my firm non-mutable belief - what is Good for the Gander is Good for the Goose.

Every VN the MDots Works creates will have a male protagonist who will have multiple interweaving love interest paths. The female characters should be able to enjoy the same possibilities (though maybe not “multiple” for all the female characters, given the time and effort that would take).

DMD has made progress on this front in that the main love interest will have sex with at least two other men besides the MC. And these men are not written as adversaries to the MC. And the MC is not being written as having a fetish for being in a beta position. I’m not sure any other VN on f95zone is doing this, unless it is written from a female’s perspective. (If there are others, please let me know).

I don’t have a problem with people complaining about options, but when it comes to a point that we cannot support three options - it is frustrating to lose the Gander/Goose option due to the vocal complaining of some.

I know we’ve lost (or have not attracted) some people due to the growing Gander/Goose steps we’ve taken over the years. And we’ve also gained fans for that reason. Someday we won’t have to give a choice in this area because the fan base will find it is the norm.

Jeff Steel

Game Developer
Jun 2, 2017
The word you need there is improbable, but still possible. Sure, anything is possible. But to shoehorn it into this story would take some ridiculous writing. Which is my main point.
Any VN where you are going to have the possibility of sleeping with two sisters, their two daughters, twin sisters and their third religious sister - along with three others - all in various bisexual combinations - is improbable and takes some ridiculous illogical writing that defies reality.

Rey Palpatine

Jan 22, 2019
I don't get it, really, no one on this topic had the slightest idea of a cuckqueen route, isn't that the perfect state of mind to create a plot twist? They revealed everything and canceled everything because of negative reviews? I don't believe them.

The criticisms in this thread have been legitimate based on the information that the game itself gives us, for me Nicol is a woman dissatisfied with her partner, she is having doubts about her relationship, that is never good, she told the MC that they should take a Time and a week he proposes an open relationship, sincerely from the beginning I have thought that Nicol is cheating on the MC, that is how bad my impression of her is, this is how it is written.

This thread there was no shit storm, when Josy and Maya happened in Being a DIK, that was a huge shit storm, here there was only normal criticism towards a stage that possibly bordered the NTR, if they really wanted to do the cuckqueen route they should have kept quiet and stoically put up with criticism.

Trikus

May 31, 2020
With a little bit of modding I have put the sex scene in the right place. I'm not good enough to finish it though so it still doesn't end the way the walkthrough ends. I do like the awkwardness of the 30 minutes later part, "Well, that just happened".

Jeff Steel

Game Developer
Jun 2, 2017
Well, one dev and one discord guy so far. Hyperserver was straight up bitching at people and Jeff was trying to troll them. And, I honestly don't know if I believe the cuckquean plotline was a thing. Some people have expressed doubts and I don't really know if I disagree with them.
The cuckqueen concept was mine, and it became a group decision not to go there, mostly because of the extra plot threads it would take to keep that going. Right now with only three developers, the plot thread load given 10? Female love interests is very high.

3.50 star(s) 270 Votes