Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
I don't understand how you can be so ignorant. You are acting like majority (i don't think it's unfair to call it majority) of players just decided "Wouldn't it be fun to dislike this character for no reason, yea let's do that". I said many times why people might not like her (I am not talking about everyone). i understand why someone can like her but for some reason you can't seem to understand why someone can dislike her.

I don't see why you keep stressing that he was sitting in his boxers. Who cares what he was wearing. And he did try to find a job but he couldn't on a short notice. So maybe he could have been just starring at the wall if it's bothering you that he was watching tv, I guess that would make more sense.

"She absolutely loves him and is terrified he would find someone else" and "her" brilliant idea is to suggest open relationship. Makes sense. I get she is desperate but this is not the way to go about it.

You like her and that's fine but don't try to create this narrative hat everyone who dislikes her is playing a different game than you and doesn't pay attention to the story because she is this great girlfriend and how can someone dislike her.

Also, I said many times that I am not saying that the situation has been easy on her but it hasn't been easy on the MC either.

And btw I don't think she micromanaged his life so I guess that question will still be unanswered.
I wouldn't have noticed your post if not for Kreten, i've got you on block.

After reading your post I see why. You completely ignored everything I said as well as what happened in the game.

I addressed all that and it's explained in game as well as by several people why she made the offer but people like you blatantly ignore it. You also seem to have ignored a lot of the posts i've been quoting that have invented reasons to hate her because some of the excuses they gave do not happen in the game.

And you called me ignorant....

I also stress about the boxer thing because it's a sign of being bone idle.

I have also said it's fine to dislike her but the reasons some people give don't happen at all. They also ignore the reason she gave the offer for the open relationship and the fact you can turn it down.

It's been what, 2 days now'ish and I still haven't had an answer to some of the hate being thrown at her like her wanting to cheat, which never happens (it was Georgina that said it), the micromanaging, the controling and her being unhappy and wanting out all of which contradicts what she says, thinks and what happens. So yes, I think people are playing a different game because they keep inventing shit that doesn't happen.

ShangTsung

Aug 6, 2017
Well i have chosen the open relationship to open the break up path as soon as possible, i would have liked if the game gave us the ability to just end it there, but well ..., i mean this open relationship is of course a bullet in the head of mc and his girlfriend relationship.

Because even if he does have a lot of adventures in sunshine island, everything he does will stay there after he leaves; but in his girlfriend's case all the dicks she will take in the city will still be around even after his return, so basically with this even if their relationship would be good after summer if he goes for long term with her at the first occasion where the relationship goes a little bit down (like every real relationship) she will have easy opportunity to cuck him.

It's clear that now the best choice for MC is to stay in the island for the rest of his life, the only remaining option for his girlfriend to save their relationship would be to leave her job and join him there.

ShangTsung

Aug 6, 2017

After reading your post I see why. You completely ignored everything I said as well as what happened in the game.

I addressed all that and it's explained in game as well as by several people why she made the offer but people like you blatantly ignore it. You also seem to have ignored a lot of the posts i've been quoting that have invented reasons to hate her because some of the excuses they gave do not happen in the game.

I have also said it's fine to dislike her but the reasons some people give don't happen at all. They also ignore the reason she gave the offer for the open relationship and the fact you can turn it down.

It's been what, 2 days now'ish and I still haven't had an answer to some of the hate being thrown at her like her wanting to cheat, which never happens (it was Georgina that said it), the micromanaging, the controling and her being unhappy and wanting out all of which contradicts what she says, thinks and what happens. So yes, I think people are playing a different game because they keep inventing shit that doesn't happen.
Yeah treating her like whore is far too much, but you have to admit that the open relationship is not on fair and equal grounds for the reasons i gave in my previous post.

KeiNineX

Aug 10, 2019

So you block everyone you disagree with huh? Cool, seems like a healthy approach.

Yea she made that offer because her client said it might help. That is not good enough reason to offer an open relationship.

Yes, I called you ignorant because you didn't proove me otherwise.

I don't know what bone idle means but I don't think that sitting on a couch in boxers is a sign of anything.

No you have been given the answers but you just chose to completely disregard them to again, create this narrative that people are probably playing different game than you.

But hey, you blocked so poor me I guess.

And you comppletely ignored half of that post so I guess we are both guilty of that.

Ragnar

Super User
Respected User
Aug 5, 2016
I think it would be better for Nicole to have a deadly accident, as happens in many games to MC's parents, the amount of salt in this thread is incredible.
Hard to believe this thread is from one of MrDots's vanilla games.

ShangTsung

Aug 6, 2017
I think it would be better for Nicole to have a deadly accident, as happens in many games to MC's parents, the amount of salt in this thread is incredible.
Hard to believe this thread is from one of MrDots's vanilla games.
it's a good thing the game has a more realistic and adult story, i can't stand anymore of the fairy tails and generic stories you can find in this type of games.

Ragnar

Super User
Respected User
Aug 5, 2016
it's a good thing the game has a more realistic and adult story, i can't stand anymore of the fairy tails and generic stories you can find in this type of games.
I wish, I'm also tired of incestuous clonic games about magic dicks and molesting your family at night, but after this update I wouldn't be surprised if some kind of virus kills the entire male population except the MC :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: ShangTsung

Legendary101

Dec 22, 2018
The one and only thing she needed from him and got shitty about was him finding a job and that was because they are having financial problems and her wage alone won't cover the mortgage. Anyone would have acted the same.
I can only speak for myself. I would never stand over someone and apply intense pressure on them to find a job literally that very day after getting heartbreaking news. I would not come home and stand over them and say you better have good news on the job front. To his credit, I guess even if it was by luck, he did find something at sunshine bay. But he also stressed to her he looked in the local area and found nothing. So what exactly is hard to understand. He did his best. There is being pissed about a situation and then there is making someone feel extra pressure and bad about something out of their control. He found a job that day. You could say something if it was a few weeks down the line and he found nothing or was not trying. To me that was not the case. She was instantly on his back.

Maybe if she is so clever she should not have taken on a mortgage with him if she knew one of them loosing a job would spin them into such financial peril that they have to literally find a job the day you get fired to make the mortgage. If money is that tight. How about just renting and not putting all your eggs in one basket. I mean they are not even married, correct ??

I mean sure she can be a little upset, but I guess everyone is different. I just would not fly off the handle like that because someone literally lost their job and I expect to arrive home and they better have another one.

So no I guess I would not have acted the same. But everyone handles things differently and if you feel it was warranted. No issues here.

kameohawk

Dec 16, 2017
I can only speak for myself. I would never stand over someone and apply intense pressure on them to find a job literally that very day after getting heartbreaking news. I would not come home and stand over them and say you better have good news on the job front. To his credit, I guess even if it was by luck, he did find something at sunshine bay. But he also stressed to her he looked in the local area and found nothing. So what exactly is hard to understand. He did his best. There is being pissed about a situation and then there is making someone feel extra pressure and bad about something out of their control. He found a job that day. You could say something if it was a few weeks down the line and he found nothing or was not trying. To me that was not the case. She was instantly on his back.

Maybe if she is so clever she should not have taken on a mortgage with him if she knew one of them loosing a job would spin them into such financial peril that they have to literally find a job the day you get fired to make the mortgage. If money is that tight. How about just renting and not putting all your eggs in one basket. I mean they are not even married, correct ??

I mean sure she can be a little upset, but I guess everyone is different. I just would not fly off the handle like that because someone literally lost their job and I expect to arrive home and they better have another one.

So no I guess I would not have acted the same. But everyone handles things differently and if feel it was warranted. No issues here.
I agree however I think context is important. This wasn't the girlfriend just chewing the MC out as that's how she rolls. It's never explicitly called out (which seems like a mis-step in terms of story but that's just my opinion) but it is referenced that they are both incredibly stressed at the point this all happens and it's alluded to they are skirting around money issues. This job was seen to be the balm for all the problems they had been having for the weeks coming up to this point (which were never shown in game) so I can completely understand her reaction as you can't know beforehand just how you would react if your life has had the rug pulled out from under you.

The problem I have is that this should have been a very off drop off point for MC and the girlfriend. They could have broken up, the MC would then have no attachments and this would allow him to go away and then actually engage with the story in a new environment. It almost felt like it was going there but then it seemed the girlfriend pulled back. The internal monologue after the MC had left suggests she's having regrets about the whole thing which seems like an odd story choice. I think someone above called her a "boat-anchor long distance girlfriend" and they're not wrong. Everything that the MC does in this whole game is done under the shadow of a girlfriend that got angry when she found out the thing they were praying for never happened and was then supportive towards her partner when he suggested shooting off to a completely new time zone on his own for the next few months.

Legendary101

Dec 22, 2018
I agree however I think context is important. This wasn't the girlfriend just chewing the MC out as that's how she rolls. It's never explicitly called out (which seems like a mis-step in terms of story but that's just my opinion) but it is referenced that they are both incredibly stressed at the point this all happens and it's alluded to they are skirting around money issues. This job was seen to be the balm for all the problems they had been having for the weeks coming up to this point (which were never shown in game) so I can completely understand her reaction as you can't know beforehand just how you would react if your life has had the rug pulled out from under you.
I don't know, I guess I would just hope my humanity took hold and see a person across from me that I am demanding get a job that very same day, which he did. I mean all she could find was a job three months out and a entry level position. But to each their own like I said. Everyone will have different interpretations of events, if you feel it is warranted she acts that way, no issues here. I thought it was over the top and I think I explained as best I could why I felt that way in my post.

I think the core issue which I can get on board with in your second paragraph is the scripting and how certain events are handled in game which more than a few in this thread have alluded to one way or another. I for one would agree some dialogue choices and tone of scenes and choice of conversations and conclusions are not hitting the mark. Some things which should be expanded on are condensed and some things which drag on seem to be given too much screen time.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018

So no I guess I would not have acted the same. But everyone handles things differently and if you feel it was warranted. No issues here.
This, this is what I mean by people inventing shit.

She doesn't fly off the handle, she doesn't stress at him, she doesn't even get angry.

She phones him and tells him she's got him a job at her firm but it doesn't start until after the summer so he will have to find a summer job.

That is it.

Legendary101

Dec 22, 2018
I think you are being a bit overly simplistic and ignoring some things. But I guess that is fine. You seem really invested in her as a character. But maybe you identify with her more for some reason. I invented nothing, I gave an opinion like you do. You often like to use colorful analogies in your posts. Like for instance you say the MC was sitting in his boxers all day to paint the picture he does nothing and is not on board with getting a job. When we find out when he discussed with the girlfriend later he searched and found nothing. See how painting a picture works. Also it is that very same day he got fired. Not three weeks on and he has found nothing and he is in his boxers.

But thankfully you are here in the thread to stop people "inventing shit" you shall have the real facts and opinion.

kameohawk

Dec 16, 2017
I don't know, I guess I would just hope my humanity took hold and see a person across from me that I am demanding get a job that very same day, which he did. I mean all she could find was a job three months out and a entry level position. But to each their own like I said. Everyone will have different interpretations of events, if you feel it is warranted she acts that way, no issues here. I thought it was over the top and I think I explained as best I could why I felt that way in my post.
Oh, I can't say whether or not it was warranted simply because we're not really given enough context to go on. I just said I could understand her reaction given it seems her life and future plans had just fallen to bits in front of her eyes. It could be an extreme reaction however the MC didn't seem to think it as such (or at least didn't act like she'd just slapped him in the dick)

edit: although to be honest I kinda wish it was an extreme reaction and the MC told her to bolt cause I'm not sure what she brings to the story at this point

Reactions: Legendary101

Legendary101

Dec 22, 2018
Oh, I can't say whether or not it was warranted simply because we're not really given enough context to go on. I just said I could understand her reaction given it seems her life and future plans had just fallen to bits in front of her eyes. It could be an extreme reaction however the MC didn't seem to think it as such (or at least didn't act like she'd just slapped him in the dick)

Yea I get what you mean more with that explanation, from her point of view it is fine because she is trying to get her plans back on track and is worried about it being undone so she is in the mindset of lets get this fixed asap and is not really thinking of anything else. She probably sees nothing wrong with it. So certainly when you put it like that, I get where you are coming from.

NateGrey

Aug 21, 2020
You know, I don't think we have touched upon the route that we will REALLY be missing out on:

Instead of taking Georgina's idea to suggest an open relationship, Nicole sticks with her plan and proposes a break from the MC. MC agrees, goes out with Victoria that night and has wicked sex. The next day, Nicole has a change of heart, wants to cancel the break and the MC agrees. However, due to an unlikely trail of events, Nicole finds out about the sex with Vicky and breaks up with the MC. Then, for the rest of the game, every time they interact she accuses him of cheating on her and he shouts back: "WE WERE ON A BREAK!"

I can't believe nobody has ever thought of that storyline before! :D

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
Yea I get what you mean more with that explanation, from her point of view it is fine because she is trying to get her plans back on track and is worried about it being undone so she is in the mindset of lets get this fixed asap and is not really thinking of anything else. She probably sees nothing wrong with it. So certainly when you put it like that, I get where you are coming from.
Yeah and that is actually partly the problem with her, she is immediately in HER plans salvaging mode instead of showing some compassion for someone she cares for who has just had an even bigger shock thinking he was a shoe-in for promotion and then even got fired for reasons beyond his control. (The old up or out system that many partner based advisory firms use).

I get it is a shock and annoying for her as well, but let's say it does not come over as very nice or paints her as someone I would want to live with.

3.50 star(s) 270 Votes