Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
From what i read there was mention of possible harem being added in. I will wait for a while more before playing to see if this happens because being forced to open relationship then end a relationship if this is a later possibility would mean a restart of the game as it is. This may have even been just a referenced possibility for DMD instead so i could be wrong but the mention was there and DMD is pretty far along and it hasnt happened there yet. I would love to see them put out a well written harem game and this one could fit the bill as the perfect candidate.
I think that's wishful thinking, no mention of a harem here.

Raziel_8

Engaged Member
Dec 4, 2017
You do realize that within hours of the open relationship decision, MC had sex with Victoria, right? How many "lewds" did Nicole get in those few hours?
And u realize this was the outcome of the Mc agreeing to the open relationship he never wanted, only agreed because it seems importent to Nicole, all other girls seems rather shocked asking him if that is ok with him, which he is obviously not, the result was he got drunk and got some stress relief (which is optional by the way)...that is actual quite a realstic outcome after ur gf offers this kind of suggestion out of the blue.

When you make a mistake, you correct it. When you make two mistakes, you do the same.

Their first mistake was to allow people's complains to modify their product instead of repeating like a mantra "There will be no forced NTR, stop complaining people".

Their second mistake was to change their product and inform about that change. THIS needs to be corrected too. But I doubt they will now... fuck cancel culture, once again.
From what the one of the dev's said that path was never approved in the first place, or at least it wasn't canceld because of the complaints, the complaints being player wanted a option to break up, not to discard the open relationship option.

Cuckqueen was finally decided against, not because of the idea itself, which would have been very interesting, but because of the already complex weaving of different character path options, keeping Nicole in as a cuckqueen was felt by MDots as not worth the payoff.

But my issues with the complaining crowd is this, and thus is my firm non-mutable belief - what is Good for the Gander is Good for the Goose.

Every VN the MDots Works creates will have a male protagonist who will have multiple interweaving love interest paths. The female characters should be able to enjoy the same possibilities (though maybe not “multiple” for all the female characters, given the time and effort that would take).

DMD has made progress on this front in that the main love interest will have sex with at least two other men besides the MC. And these men are not written as adversaries to the MC. And the MC is not being written as having a fetish for being in a beta position. I’m not sure any other VN on f95zone is doing this, unless it is written from a female’s perspective. (If there are others, please let me know).

I don’t have a problem with people complaining about options, but when it comes to a point that we cannot support three options - it is frustrating to lose the Gander/Goose option due to the vocal complaining of some.

I know we’ve lost (or have not attracted) some people due to the growing Gander/Goose steps we’ve taken over the years. And we’ve also gained fans for that reason. Someday we won’t have to give a choice in this area because the fan base will find it is the norm.

SeveredRealms

Game Developer
Apr 10, 2020
I think that's wishful thinking, no mention of a harem here.
go check the post by hyperserver on page 169 it is a possible route being talked about. his posts is a copy from the discord server. Maybe it is wishful thinking but it is being put as a possibility as it is taken directly from the FAQ for the game.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
go check the post by hyperserver on page 169 it is a possible route being talked about. his posts is a copy from the discord server. Maybe it is wishful thinking but it is being put as a possibility as it is taken directly from the FAQ for the game.
Beastiality was supposed to be in DmD.

Those FAQ's mean less than shit.

Trikus

May 31, 2020
Even worse, some people just do not like to see NPC's having sex without MC there, lesbian or otherwise. Whether it is NTR or not, somehow for some weird reason they immerse into the MC in a male protagonist game and want to play his story and not mainly the sex life of other NPC's. :p

In this case though we are talking about a MC that has been faithful to his girlfriend to a fault, who is being told suddenly out of the blue that she wants an open relationship for whatever reason and that if she finds someone better as him during that, that she is moving on. Yeah talking about equal rights ........ and a fair option to refuse with no consequences. :p

Now that he has 10 ladies around that the devs of the game want him to spend time with, has no bearing on the fact that that is what happened to MC in the story as was told.
Well, it is healthy for a relationship where couples can come to each other with things like this. And, he does have equal rights. She makes it crystal clear that he is free to do anything as long as both follow the rules. Also, people always forget a bit of info with this part: " she finds someone better as him during that, that she is moving on." She says right after that she is highly doubtful that she will meet anyone that is a better fit for her. She does believe in the relationship and she still wants to be with the MC. The fact that she came to him first says a lot about her integrity. It says a lot about him that he feels bad (if you choose it). It also says a lot about him that if you reject the offer, he doesn't hold it against her. They talk it out like a healthy couple should. Just talking about it will go a long way to repairing their relationship. Communication is key.

" a MC that has been faithful to his girlfriend to a fault" well, apart from fantasizing about other women, asking for a threesome, having confusing thoughts about his sister and her cousin, dry humping Vicky in her food truck, groping his sister, and forgetting to call Nicole when she is probably in bed wearing sexy outfits for him, yeah, he has been faithful. Please note, that was mostly sarcasm.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
Well, it is healthy for a relationship where couples can come to each other with things like this. And, he does have equal rights. She makes it crystal clear that he is free to do anything as long as both follow the rules. Also, people always forget a bit of info with this part: " she finds someone better as him during that, that she is moving on." She says right after that she is highly doubtful that she will meet anyone that is a better fit for her. She does believe in the relationship and she still wants to be with the MC. The fact that she came to him first says a lot about her integrity. It says a lot about him that he feels bad (if you choose it). It also says a lot about him that if you reject the offer, he doesn't hold it against her. They talk it out like a healthy couple should. Just talking about it will go a long way to repairing their relationship. Communication is key.

" a MC that has been faithful to his girlfriend to a fault" well, apart from fantasizing about other women, asking for a threesome, having confusing thoughts about his sister and her cousin, dry humping Vicky in her food truck, groping his sister, and forgetting to call Nicole when she is probably in bed wearing sexy outfits for him, yeah, he has been faithful. Please note, that was mostly sarcasm.
It's like I said earlier, some people have imagined a whole narrative about Nicole being a terrible girlfriend when nothing they say happened actually happens.

It's really, really weird.

Trikus

May 31, 2020
It's like I said earlier, some people have imagined a whole narrative about Nicole being a terrible girlfriend when nothing they say happened actually happens.

It's really, really weird.
yeah, I'm wondering if we are playing different games or something. Most are looking at her on a surface level, and not seeing the character below.

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
Seems like they wanted the drama of teasing the notion of Girlfriend (NTR) but then lamely reveal actually it's way to enable MC to have open relationship. she wouldn't apparently follow through for (insert bs) reason so they felt they didn’t need to bother giving Mc out. All in all seems symptomatic of very lazy poor writing.
I actually welcomed the open relationship option.

Reactions: Princess Groundhog

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018

Well let me advise you then to walk over to her and without any earlier discussions telling your wive whom you have been married to for years that you want an open relationship right now and see how she reacts. :p You also are aware that such questions are not without consequences but in a way an ultimatum, if someone asks you that it is because they want it and saying no is not a free option. It is either you accept or the relation is over in reality, either immediately or quite soon. Now if you start a relation already based upon an idea of an open relation or after discussions and work on your relationship both come to the conclusion that you share to many things like kids and house but do not have a fire going anymore it could work to try an open relationship that is a completely different option.

Yes he has been faithful to her, is he a perfect human being? No of course not. Besides if everyone that ever fantasized about someone would have cheated, there woul be no faithful people left on this world. Now telling her about that fantasy might not have been smart, but nobody ever said MC always acted smart. :p

Last edited:
Reactions: Maviarab

Trikus

May 31, 2020
An open relationship doesn't mean "GO GO GO". It means they both have the option, if they so desire. Which is why if you chose the open relationship route, you were free to say goodnight to Vicky without sleeping with her. In fact you were given two chances to just say goodnight to her.

Trikus

May 31, 2020
Well let me advise you then to walk over to her and without any earlier discussions telling your wive whom you have been married to for years that you want an open relationship right now and see how she reacts. :p You also are aware that such questions are not without consequences but in a way an ultimatum, if someone asks you that it is because they want it and saying no is not a free option. It is either you accept or the relation is over in reality, either immediately or quite soon.

Yes he has been faithful to her, is he a perfect human being? No of course not. Besides if everyone that ever fantasized about someone would have cheated, there woul be no faithful people left on this world. Now telling her about that fantasy might not have been smart, but nobody ever said MC always acted smart. :p
I feel sad for you if you don't have the kind of relationship where you can talk to your partner about things without expecting reactions to go to hit the roof.

bosp

Jan 3, 2018
Think I said everything that needed to be said here: https://f95zone.to/threads/sunshine-love-v0-0-3i-extras-mr-dots-games.49330/post-4107331

Can we please try to swing this discussion to the other real problem with this game - renders and facial expressions?

I have no doubt that everyone noticed the thin lip pouty expressions on all characters like they all just ate some dog shit and are feeling disgusted?

MC has that expression most of the times and it really makes him look like a retard and other characters follow very closely.
Is this another brilliant Jeffs's idea?

Reactions: Topper420

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
I feel sad for you if you don't have the kind of relationship where you can talk to your partner about things without expecting reactions to go to hit the roof.
Just try it my friend completely out of the blue and put it to her as an ultimatum. :p Do not blame me though if she is not impressed or happy. There is a difference between open discussions and talking about things and putting an ultimatum about things like this.

wittnotyoyo

Jan 31, 2020
yeah, I'm wondering if we are playing different games or something. Most are looking at her on a surface level, and not seeing the character below.
I'm not in the Nicole is a terrible GF camp but I am in the Nicole is a terrible GF for the MC of this story camp.

I agree with the sentiment that Nicole is the dominant one in the relationship and that she is making a lot of the major life decisions for both of them (career, where they live etc.). I think it is an extension of the MC's relationship with Gerald where on some level the MC sought out a controlling partner and similarly Nicole sought a compliant one.

I do not think that being in the relationship is healthy for the MC and it contributes to the passivity of his character.

I like the backstory and I think it does a good job of explaining why the MC is the way he is while providing a pretty good vehicle for his growth.

DickoNicko

May 7, 2019
Think I said everything that needed to be said here: https://f95zone.to/threads/sunshine-love-v0-0-3i-extras-mr-dots-games.49330/post-4107331

Can we please try to swing this discussion to the other real problem with this game - renders and facial expressions?

I have no doubt that everyone noticed the thin lip pouty expressions on all characters like they all just ate some dog shit and are feeling disgusted?

MC has that expression most of the times and it really makes him look like a retard and other characters follow very closely.
Is this another brilliant Jeffs's idea?
The "sad" face? I've seen it in a couple games. They look like they're about to have "the shits". I find it funny at this point. :KEK:

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
Sure, why not? In fact, let's start introducing warnings for a lot of things that WON'T happen.

I suggest including here: "THIS CHOICE WILL NOT LEAD TO A POST WORLD WAR III ZOMBIE ATTACK SCENARIO"

View attachment 795599
That one was a strange choice. I saw the "why not Lily," but found that neither option seemed to make an actual difference. Of course, one had to go through both options in order to pick up donuts.

Reactions: Ayhsel

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
I agree with the sentiment that Nicole is the dominant one in the relationship and that she is making a lot of the major life decisions for both of them (career, where they live etc.).
When did she make those choices?

MC wants to be a lawyer, that's why he went to lawschool and what he was doing when he was fired. All she did was find him a job at her firm.

The choice of where to live was both of them.It's where the best law firms are, a career he wanted to do, again.

Yet again people inventing shit.

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
I'm not in the Nicole is a terrible GF camp but I am in the Nicole is a terrible GF for the MC of this story camp.

I agree with the sentiment that Nicole is the dominant one in the relationship and that she is making a lot of the major life decisions for both of them (career, where they live etc.). I think it is an extension of the MC's relationship with Gerald where on some level the MC sought out a controlling partner and similarly Nicole sought a compliant one.

I do not think that being in the relationship is healthy for the MC and it contributes to the passivity of his character.

I like the backstory and I think it does a good job of explaining why the MC is the way he is while providing a pretty good vehicle for his growth.
Well said. I imagined a growth path for Nicole where she saw that micromanaging her partner was not the way to have a healthy relationship. A casual relationship would give her the space to let go of some of those fears.

3.50 star(s) 270 Votes