Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
So the options were:

Monogamous long-distance relationship, while surrounded by a dozen hotties all wanting MC's D.

Or

An "open" relationship, where I'm sure MC's GF gets some lewds long before MC even gets to cop a feel.
You do realize that within hours of the open relationship decision, MC had sex with Victoria, right? How many "lewds" did Nicole get in those few hours?

Reactions: armion82 and Trikus

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
So the options were:

Monogamous long-distance relationship, while surrounded by a dozen hotties all wanting MC's D.

Or

An "open" relationship, where I'm sure MC's GF gets some lewds long before MC even gets to cop a feel.
I love it when people comment without playing the update and look clueless in the process.

MC has already fucked someone else.

Reactions: armion82 and Trikus

xsssssssss

Jun 17, 2017
Just read through the whole controversy and still don’t understand the hate people have for Nicole and the open relationship option. Those that hate her so much, why would you care what she does when you agree to her deal? Even though it was stated she wouldn’t sleep with anyone anyway.

I actually really like her and agreed to the deal without thinking because I wanted to keep her. I find her cute and I was sure that we would be able to eventually get her to join in the fun in some way. I guess not now.
Because they weren’t given the alternate option to end it.
I also think it’s extremely stupid logic to have a character advocating sleeping around But then saying don’t worry we won’t bother following that through to its natural conclusion.

SeveredRealms

Game Developer
Apr 10, 2020
From what i read there was mention of possible harem being added in. I will wait for a while more before playing to see if this happens because being forced to open relationship then end a relationship if this is a later possibility would mean a restart of the game as it is. This may have even been just a referenced possibility for DMD instead so i could be wrong but the mention was there and DMD is pretty far along and it hasnt happened there yet. I would love to see them put out a well written harem game and this one could fit the bill as the perfect candidate.

Reactions: Darkaura

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
Just coming home from work - reading through all that shit....
You know what?

Have fun with YOUR changed game - or not - whatever
I feel your frustration, but one thing to keep in mind is that the people who were triggered by the video call options were probably not the same people who came down on "giving in" to those complaints. Catering to one camp will usually upset another.

For the record, though I'm not condemning the team for "giving in so easily," I would have preferred to see the game as originally intended.

Whenever I see fans/consumer trying to dictate what the author should do with their characters, I am reminded of Misery...

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
there is no cheating - so they has to "pause" their relationship before he met Vicky - or there would have been no sex with Vicky
Exactly. Since this MC is not going to cheat, it was necessary. I, for one, feel that it would have been too sudden to break up with Nicole after only a couple of weeks apart. That would have raised the ire of another contingent.

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
I have no idea. I stopped following this game after playing through the mess that was episode 1, and I am a paying subscriber (for DMD). I just came here from SubscribeStar to see what the "story change" fuss was about.
Interesting. So you just started commenting on a game you're not playing in order add fuel to the fire?

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
Just read through the whole controversy and still don’t understand the hate people have for Nicole and the open relationship option. Those that hate her so much, why would you care what she does when you agree to her deal? Even though it was stated she wouldn’t sleep with anyone anyway.

I actually really like her and agreed to the deal without thinking because I wanted to keep her. I find her cute and I was sure that we would be able to eventually get her to join in the fun in some way. I guess not now.
I think it's less about a hatred of Nicole, rather than their fear of being triggered by any reference to her being with someone other than the MC. I get a bit tired of the double standard and "cuckphobia" I see in most of the forums (here and on the various Discord groups).

• Angry
Reactions: queeg500 and Tom76

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
You may say: She WAS there for a reason...... (as we told right after release at the beginning of shitstorm)

Dude, we always said that there will be NO NTR in ANY of MrDots games. And of course for the story it may look like there could be some - this is to make the story feel more real - nevertheless THERE WILL BE NO NTR IN ANY of MrDots games
I think the problem is that some people see Love Interests playing with any other men as NTR, even if they are not leaving you for the other guy.

Reactions: DA22

Princess Groundhog

Nov 5, 2018
cuckphobia
Nice one, I like it! But my point was, if some of these cuckphobes hated Nicole and wanted to break up with her there and then, they are obviously not invested in her as a character. So why should they fear any cucking (which she wasn’t going to do anyway), if they’re not attached to her in the first place? Disregarding the whole sexist double standard that the male character can build a harem out of every girl he meets but all these girls can only sit on his dick.

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
So iv read some of the comments, and I don't really get what the devs expected... You write her as dissatisfied and throw in NTR vibes, then wonder why a vanilla community gets upset????
Given that Nicole has no one in mind, but MC has at least 10 potential partners, not much of an NTR vibe there.

Reactions: Princess Groundhog

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
I think the problem is that some people see Love Interests playing with any other men as NTR, even if they are not leaving you for the other guy.
Even worse, some people just do not like to see NPC's having sex without MC there, lesbian or otherwise. Whether it is NTR or not, somehow for some weird reason they immerse into the MC in a male protagonist game and want to play his story and not mainly the sex life of other NPC's. :p

In this case though we are talking about a MC that has been faithful to his girlfriend to a fault, who is being told suddenly out of the blue that she wants an open relationship for whatever reason and that if she finds someone better as him during that, that she is moving on. Yeah talking about equal rights ........ and a fair option to refuse with no consequences. :p

Now that he has 10 ladies around that the devs of the game want him to spend time with, has no bearing on the fact that that is what happened to MC in the story as was told.

Last edited:

armion82

Devoted Member
Mar 28, 2017
I love it when people comment without playing the update and look clueless in the process.

MC has already fucked someone else.
I have almost same fun with guys like him, claiming that they are playing each Mr.Dots game since the beginning.
Really easy to unmask them with a question or two.

Irgendwie Irgendwo

Engaged Member
Jun 30, 2018
[knife stuff]

Does this sound like a conversation between two friends? Because to me it sounds like this chick is on the fucking Shopping Channel trying to sell me a block of knives for $99 with free shipping and handling.
No, but in this case she's the business partner / future employee who gives her expert opinion on the tools that she wants to work with.

Reactions: Real Kreten

bosp

Jan 3, 2018
well - the chances are always there. But if you were dev, and you would get a shitstorm because of your plot - and you would change that plot and tell them that you will do - and the next shitstorm is incomming BECAUSE you changed the plot..... Would you think about to change it again?
If you see the community raging about every new (unusual) plot, just because they fear... would you try anything new (not as vanilla)?
If you then been accused for not telling what you have planned just to take away their fear (and reveal the story plot, which makes your game special)... would you reveal nevertheless?
What's the point of making a game, if you are not allowed to create twists, unexpected turn arounds, new stuff (like cuck queen) just because you have to fear the next rage?

I think there are 2 possible ways to go: Either never listen to anyone anymore and just do your own thing like your vision......
.... or doing just vanilla games, even knowing that the reviews will be like "again the same stuff".
The butthurt is strong with this one but we still love you.

The main point of the shitstorm was the lack of a proper choice given to players.
Instead of fuelling the shitstorm with trolling and condescending asshat comments the solution to nip this in the bud was pretty obvious - ditch the "stay loyal" choice and replace it with "break off".

There was no need to change anything significant in planned content because the "stay loyal" choice was a dead-end anyway.

But no that was too much for the team's fragile egos and your need for asshattery so you all needed to create more drama.
Good job, guess Mr. Dots realized too late he needed to ball-gag Jeff and you.

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
Nice one, I like it! But my point was, if some of these cuckphobes hated Nicole and wanted to break up with her there and then, they are obviously not invested in her as a character. So why should they fear any cucking (which she wasn’t going to do anyway), if they’re not attached to her in the first place? Disregarding the whole sexist double standard that the male character can build a harem out of every girl he meets but all these girls can only sit on his dick.
Yes, I agree that that is part of my own confusion/frustration. I could understand the reaction if Sister was still having sex with Brodie, the sister is a major, developing love interest. At this stage, Nicole is fast becoming a former love interest.

I remember having a friend who was very covetous of my time and energy. Even though she and I were not intimate, she was threatened by the possibility of me seeking a lover. It wasn't long before she found some guy she was sexually interested in and moved all of her attention to him. I didn't feel "cucked" in the least. I was happy to be free of her demands in a win/win solution.

The double standard reminds me of Mordred's song from Camelot, the Seven Deadly Virtues. He sings that "fidelity is only something for your mate."

Reactions: Princess Groundhog

Ursus4321

Aug 2, 2017
I don't know if there will be ntr, cheats or anything else. But what is true is that this decision on open relationship has led to several dozen pages talking about it. With what in a very short time this game has doubled the number of comments it had. Planned or not, it is a success

3.50 star(s) 270 Votes