Stylebender

Jul 11, 2020
Pr
If Melody is any indicator we're still very, very early into this game so there's potential for fleshing out of ALL the characters at some point.

Even though this an an incest tag, I wonder with the attraction between Our Hero and sis if it will develop later the actually aren't blood relatives.
Sis will probably the last “relationship” to develop

Stylebender

Jul 11, 2020
Honest question.
I'm still early in the game. Just met Ashley and Trisha while coming back from the beach.

I know in a previous post, I bitched about the MC being the typical spineless protag, but this really pissed me off.

Why was I forced to be nice to Ashley?
Sure, you can get -1 with her by saying you aren't interested in seeing her work, but beyond that, why did I not just tell her to go fuck herself and keep walking?

"Ashley, you left. I don't know why, but you did, and after losing my mother, having you two leave hurt me. Now, whatever happened that broke you and dad up, that isn't my business. So, I can't be mad at you for leaving. And, of course, when you left, you took my sister. She's your daughter, so I can't blame you for that, either.
But you left, and when you did, you prevented me from being able to contact you, and you prevented my sister from contacting me. You made it clear to her she was to have no contact with either of us. Dad might have hurt you, but what the fuck did I do? You want to be sweet smiles and say how nice it is to see me? I don't feel the same. You took my sister away, and prevented us from finding each other again. I don't forgive that, and I have nothing to say to you."

Is that so hard?
Even if you don't WANT the player to choose that route, keep it as an option!
You can make routes where you are friendly to Ashley be more rewarding, long term. But the option to tell her off should be there.

Why does the MC look forward to seeing her again, and even be sweet to her? It seems the only person in the game that the MC has a backbone against is his father... and while I'm sure the game will make him out to be some asshole, and Ashley as the sympathetic one, we play a prologue as the dude. He may be stern, but we're given reason to think the guy is decent from the get-go.
Still very early you won’t be forced into being in a relationship with her or anything but if you check the tasks, one of the tasks is to get Ashley and sis to be good with each other again so talking to Ashley is still required as of now

Reactions: Real Kreten

wittnotyoyo

Jan 31, 2020
Honest question.
I'm still early in the game. Just met Ashley and Trisha while coming back from the beach.

I know in a previous post, I bitched about the MC being the typical spineless protag, but this really pissed me off.

Why was I forced to be nice to Ashley?
Sure, you can get -1 with her by saying you aren't interested in seeing her work, but beyond that, why did I not just tell her to go fuck herself and keep walking?

"Ashley, you left. I don't know why, but you did, and after losing my mother, having you two leave hurt me. Now, whatever happened that broke you and dad up, that isn't my business. So, I can't be mad at you for leaving. And, of course, when you left, you took my sister. She's your daughter, so I can't blame you for that, either.
But you left, and when you did, you prevented me from being able to contact you, and you prevented my sister from contacting me. You made it clear to her she was to have no contact with either of us. Dad might have hurt you, but what the fuck did I do? You want to be sweet smiles and say how nice it is to see me? I don't feel the same. You took my sister away, and prevented us from finding each other again. I don't forgive that, and I have nothing to say to you."

Is that so hard?
Even if you don't WANT the player to choose that route, keep it as an option!
You can make routes where you are friendly to Ashley be more rewarding, long term. But the option to tell her off should be there.

Why does the MC look forward to seeing her again, and even be sweet to her? It seems the only person in the game that the MC has a backbone against is his father... and while I'm sure the game will make him out to be some asshole, and Ashley as the sympathetic one, we play a prologue as the dude. He may be stern, but we're given reason to think the guy is decent from the get-go.
I agree with your sentiment about Ashley although that scene didn't bother me as much. I see it partially as the MC is a nice guy and partially that he needs answers from Ashley so no point burning the bridge at that point.

What bothered me more was when Ashley sort of brushed off the question about why she cut contact between MC and sis and the MC just seemed to accept it.

I don't think the flashback about Gerald showed him to be decent. We found out that he had an affair while had a (I think) 2 year old son and wife back home. We found out that the cheating resulted in a child. I don't really get the impression that Gerald would have invited Ashley to live with him if it didn't include his daughter.

It bugged me a little bit too when the MC was having trouble believing his dad could cheat on Ashley when there is at least one point where the MC acknowledges that his dad cheated on his mom with Ashley.

Maethir

Jul 28, 2018
Honestly kinda waiting a bit on this game. working on finishing up Melody right now and actually still have to get caught up on DMD as well. The biggest issue i have with Mr Dots games are the sheer volume of the normal updates. Seriously the guy is like the Stephen King of VN's think, i love the content for the most but feels like he could trim some the fluff and still make an excellent story.

Reactions: DA22

Irgendwie Irgendwo

Engaged Member
Jun 30, 2018
I have now worked my way through all the posts since the update hit and this will sound a bit Peter Cetera-ish. (Those who know their 80s music will know which bridge of one of his songs I am referring to.) While I was reading I could figuratively hear my brain cells begging me to stop, to make it go away, to make it end. I could count them dying one by one and today I feel measurably dumber than I was yesterday.

Most of it has been addressed before, but still we ended up with a whining bunch of entitled posters (the one who claimed that he knows the game better than the actual dev team definitely took the cake - it felt like all those people claiming to be cutting edge virologists just because they watched two videos on some covidiot's Youtube channel) and a p.o. dev team. By the way, thanks to Jeff Steel and Hyperserver for sifting through the trash; that can't have been easy.

That said, a few points that came to mind while playing the update:

-> Thanks for the confirmed faithful path. The moment I played the first update I knew I was going to make the relationship work. I may lock out the sexual encounters with others on that playthrough, but I also did that with Melody and you only got the Perfect End on that path. I am expecting (and know that the MrDots team is capable of delivering) a really good payoff there. Of course it will take a while.

-> Related: I get where Nicole is coming from. For her motivations I refer you to Ava's posts, who so tirelessly and admirably explains it in a straight to the point no-nonsense way. For this point I share her opinion 100%.

-> To the people who claim 11 - easily distinguishable - women are too many I strongly urge you to never tackle games like Sisterly Lust, Luke's Way (with that one even I have trouble remembering everybody) or, God forbid, WVM. You'd be overwhelmed for sure.

Now to the game itself:

- I was wondering about the sex scene (had to tap out to Google translate Vicky at one point because I don't speak Spanish) being the way it is, but that has since been explained, no biggie. May have been a tad bit fast after the open relationship declaration (that will soon be a break up *grumble* :mad:), but hey, THEY WERE ON A BREAK!

- At one point Lisa (you know her as Kristina) was talking to herself during the inspection of the hotel's event room (which seems a bit small, but that might be the chosen perspective). I guess the sentence should have gone to the MC.

- I fully expected Carissa (you know her as Shortcake or Cousin) to join the team this update. We need her by Saturday for the reception and it's Tuesday already. I guess that event will bring us the first *.

- Related: I would have preferred to actually see Sofia and (presumably) Xianne this update.

- Reference: Carissa said that a good friend of hers moved to Seaside and they are in contact sporadically. Could this be a certain lady we know there, who is very much into her father (or her father mostly in her ;)) and close to her age?

- I wonder what might be in that envelope. I read the "additional half sister" speculation, but my money for now would be some shady deal between the mayor of Sunshine Bay and Brodie's dad regarding the destruction of the lighthouse.

- The peeping toms were a little bit out of order this time, which was slightly confusing when backtracking to find them.

- I took the Ashley route last time at the lingerie store and was promised that she would do "something special" for me this update. I may be impatient, but was this meant to be the kiss and is that all? (To be honest I thought she would be the "first to fall" instead of Victoria.)

- Edit to add a continuity error: On Ashley's path you drag your shopped goods to her to pick up the scooter and end up pushing it to the hotel. The shopping bag is nowhere to be seen in those frames, but reappears once you reach the hotel.

Guess that was the most important stuff. See ya in 11 weeks; looking forward to the rest of Vicky's scene. (Not so much to the breakup.)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 2631054

Kinda weird with all the peeking that we don't peek on Vicky during the date and then have unseen sex after...

Irgendwie Irgendwo

Engaged Member
Jun 30, 2018
Kinda weird with all the peeking that we don't peek on Vicky during the date and then have unseen sex after...
I was wondering about that myself, the ones I'm missing must all the during Yuki's path. The sex is not unseen, you will get the (for now abbreviated scene) while preparing for sleep back in the hotel.

D

Deleted member 2631054

I was wondering about that myself, the ones I'm missing must all the during Yuki's path. The sex is not unseen, you will get the (for now abbreviated scene) while preparing for sleep back in the hotel.
lol, wasn't there yet. Nice!

Raziel_8

Engaged Member
Dec 4, 2017
Thanks for the confirmed faithful path. The moment I played the first update I knew I was going to make the relationship work. I may lock out the sexual encounters with others on that playthrough, but I also did that with Melody and you only got the Perfect End on that path. I am expecting (and know that the MrDots team is capable of delivering) a really good payoff there. Of course it will take a while.
Honestly i don't understand why they implemented the faithful path in the first place.
It locks u out of any other girl path and a major part of the game content, if u wanted to stay faithful simply don't help sis with the hotel, fly back and make a short ending for Nicole.
Or agree to the open relationship, as all decisions about the girls are optional, everyone which wanted to stay faithful simply could decline all other girls and be 100% faithful to Nicole...didn't make much sense to me why they implemented a extra path for that, now with the breakup that changes of course.

I was wondering about the sex scene (had to tap out to Google translate Vicky at one point because I don't speak Spanish) being the way it is, but that has since been explained, no biggie. May have been a tad bit fast after the open relationship declaration (that will soon be a break up *grumble* :mad:), but hey, THEY WERE ON A BREAK!
If u found it to fast why didn't u simply decline and go home ?
I think u get 2 choices to decline the sex, but agreeing to the funtime and afterward complaining it was to fast sounds absurd.

As for the Mc he was under a lot of stress, loss of job, runing the hotel, relationship problems and than the open relationship Nicole wanted, something he clearly was not comfortable with and only agreed because it seems important to Nicole, questioning his whole relationship...so yes party, drinking, stress relief which resulted in non-committal sex, pretty common.

doyathink

Nov 3, 2019
Finally managed to get to the end of the latest update. Way too much dialogue between the characters. I like a story based VN as opposed to bang fests but its just a bit laborious at this stage. Only really interested in Sis, Vicky, the twins and Kristina. I'm presuming I can fuck them all and then a choice will need to be made similar to what happened in Melody.

Reactions: Somnus and NukaCola

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
I'm going to ask you the same question i've asked everyone else yet no one has been able to answer.

When did she micromanage his life?
Did someone else use the term "micromanage?" I don't remember seeing that term used before, so it's a surprise that this is a question you've been asking everyone. I have been with controlling women, so a lot about Nicole's behavior appears similar. Perhaps only someone who has lived through the experience recognizes the (apparently subtle) signs.

You can excuse the individual events as no big deal, but it appears to me that she doesn't respect him. She holds him to blame for the office politics that got him fired. True, she may be worried about the mortgage on their condo, but she doesn't appear to show any compassion for the MC.

Yet somewhere in all that some of you have made her an overpowering control freak who doesn't care and wants to fuck anyone that moves while being the absolute worst girlfriend ever.
I don't remember saying that she wants to fuck anyone that moves. I'm not sure why you're pulling that up in reply to my comment. Perhaps it would be more productive to address an individual's opinion rather than attributing to them other opinions they did not express.

Perhaps Nicole just has critical resting face, but her facial expressions from the beginning raised flags for me.

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
What you're going to have to understand about the whole NTR vs. "sharing" thing is that to most vanilla normie-ish types there is no such thing as "sharing" or "swinging." Its all cucking. And getting anywhere near it is offensive to most.
Not just offensive. Triggering. :rolleyes:

In one game I play, there is a possibility of one of the two first love interests asking the MC to participate in a MFM threesome with her "on the way out" ex-boyfriend. People considered that NTR, even though it's the last time the love interest is sexual with the ex-boyfriend."

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
This, this is what I mean by people inventing shit.

She doesn't fly off the handle, she doesn't stress at him, she doesn't even get angry.

She phones him and tells him she's got him a job at her firm but it doesn't start until after the summer so he will have to find a summer job.

That is it.
I'm not going to claim you're ignorant, but you seem to be missing or ignoring a lot of the subtext of those scenes; perhaps in order to bolster your point.

Perhaps you've never experienced the way some people use small, easily excused actions to manipulate their partners. I hope you never have to experience it, first hand.

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
Yeah, it does seem like that doesn't it? It feels so weird when it skips back to the girlfriend, it takes a lot of energy out the story. Can't remember the bit but it could have been after you fixed the mother's shower and you had a bit of teasing and all that and then it skipped to the girlfriend just.... working... on a divorce case. Like....why? You might has well have had her cleaning the bathroom for all it apparently brought to the story. I guess it's ramping up the feeling of insecurity but it felt like the scene was rammed in with no consideration to how the overall story was flowing.
I expect it was put there in hopes that people would understand that her proposal of an open relationship was not because she is lusting after someone already. So much for some being able to pick up on that.

3.50 star(s) 270 Votes