Hyperserver

often the biggest step forward is to "step back"
Donor
Jun 30, 2018
...So it was always the break up option that would come, they might agree more with you they thought an immediate breakup at call was bit cold. The story was never about staying with Nicole though I suspect but always about breaking up with Nicole
well - you "truthsayer" - you know sooooo much....
Just let me tell you that the breakup path was NEVER a thing before.
The breakup path has now been included as there were such heavy demands for it.
Also the faithful path was ALWAYS one of the non-discussable paths and WILL stay in game for some reason!
The part to stay faithful to Nicole is still there, was always planned, and will stay until the end of the game.
The CQ path was always an option for the open-relation path.
I swear that even on Sunday there were discussions wheteher the CQ path is still possible or not -> unfortunately it looks like "not"
And:
On the one side Jeff is called a Troll, on the other side you mention in EVERY of your posts "jeff said the CQ path was turned down COMPLETELY before that update" as this is the only and whole truth - which is clearly not the case!
I just wish you would take ALL of our words so hard as you call this one sentence. You cherrypick what you want to hear and parrot it over days - just saying.
The CQ path was still in discussion - not finally confirmed, but still in mind maybe to realize (at least until Sunday).
Of course with the final breakdown, which will definitively be an OPTION in next update, the "open-relation-path-chances", maybe leading to cuck-queen, are dropped nearly to zero. Without relation -> no cuck-queen.
MrDots will not do 3 paths just for Nicole (obviously, as there are many other girls as potential LI too) - so there will be:
1.) faithful
2.) breakdown
instead of planned:
1.) faithful
2.) open-relation (with good chances to get a CQ path soon)

That's it for me - all further discussions are lost time - now you may think what you want, parrot what you want....
.. the next update will come, and we may speak again

have fun

Last edited:

Trikus

May 31, 2020
The MC does seem to have an annoying tendency to call Nicole to cry on her shoulder every time he hits a bump in the road. She seems very used to handling his whining. To me he definitely comes across as clingy in all of the unscheduled calls and it is the thing I most dislike about his behavior.

In contrast, Nicole seems to avoid telling him about her issues. She will talk with her sister about relationship doubts but rather than discussing with the MC she jumps into the open relationship and here are my rules speech.

The MC is a jerk for missing the nightly calls (can't remember how many) especially after repeatedly bothering her at work. She probably should be having doubts about the relationship given what she knows. He didn't even bother to call her the first night!
Things go badly, you have left your partner behind, traveled a long way, discover you've been lied to, found out you aren't getting paid, so you turn to your partner of 5 years for advice and that is clingy? Interesting.

As for Nicole not telling him about her issues, he never asks. Everything is about him. He never calls to see how she is. The times he does call are right when she is at work too so she doesn't have time for long calls. Maybe if he bothered to stay in touch she wouldn't even have suggested an open relationship. Remember the scene where he can fantasies about a girl. You get a long list of girls to choose from. Who isn't on the list? You are right, he is a jerk. So, explain again, how he is clingy when he is pretty much ignoring her.

Well the only thing I know is that the open relation thing was a proposal of Jeff that was already shot down before this update was released. So it was always the break up option that would come, they might agree more with you they thought an immediate breakup at call was bit cold. The story was never about staying with Nicole though I suspect but always about breaking up with Nicole, remember devs are making a sex game from the very start around the MC with as main dame in game the Sis and another 6-10 LI's around that are all as important and need as much time as Nicole and possibly a loyal path, while MC is far away from Nicole. The story and game was never about Nicole as such. She was just used as an early blocker of affairs, a role Brody has as well and rest of her importance as a LI is the same of all other various LI's opportunities MC will have with likely exception of Sis.
Jeff's idea that was shut down was the cuckqueen idea. The open relationship is actually in the game right now, so obviously wasn't shut down. It is only due to feedback that they are changing course.

"The story was never about staying with Nicole though"

Unless you are on the dev team, you don't know that. The fact there is a path to stay faithful would tend to disagree though. That path will still be active in v4.

"remember devs are making a sex game from the very start around the MC with as main dame in game the Sis and another 6-10 LI's around"

True. However, just like in Melody and DMD, you can stay faithful to one girl. The sister might indeed be the main "dame" as you put it, but they put in a route to stay with Nicole.

"while MC is far away from Nicole"

He is far away, for now. We don't know what developments could arise. For all we know she will be coming down to Sunshine Bay to work on a case. Maybe her divorce client is from SB and came to her company because of its reputation. Or, we know the MCs old boss is going to be trying to take over the hotel, right? Maybe they need legal advice from someone who is not currently jobless and Nicole is the one they call. These are just ideas. They probably won't happen. But, they could.

"The story and game was never about Nicole as such."

Again, you don't know that. You are making assumptions.

Trikus

May 31, 2020
Also the faithful path was ALWAYS one of the non-discussable paths and WILL stay in game for some reason!
The part to stay faithful to Nicole is still there, was always planned, and will stay until the end of the game.
I swear that even on Sunday there were discussions wheteher the CQ path is still possible or not -> unfortunately it looks like "not"
And:
On the one side Jeff is called a Troll, on the other side you mention in EVERY of your posts "jeff said the CQ path was turned doen COMPLETELY before that update" as this is the only and whole truth - which is clearly not the case!
I just wish you would take ALL of our words so hard as you call this one sentence. YOu cherrypick what you want to hear and parrot it over days - just saying.
The CQ path was still in discussion - not finally confirmed, but still in mind maybe to realize (at least until Sunday).
Of course with the final breakdown, which will definitively be an OPTION in next update, that open-relation path, leading to cuck-queen chances are dropped nearly to zero. Without relation -> no cuck-queen.
MrDots will not do 3 paths just for Nicole (obviously, as there are many other girls as potential LI too) - so there will be:
1.) faithful
2.) breakdown
instead of planned:
1.) faithful

That's it for me - all further discussions are lost time - now you may think what you want, parrot what you want....

have fun
Thanks for the update. Its a shame the open path won't continue as it had potential but I understand how much work it would be for MrDots.

"YOu cherrypick what you want to hear and parrot it over days - just saying."

Very much agreed.

Hyperserver

Donor
Jun 30, 2018
Thanks for the update. Its a shame the open path won't continue as it had potential but I understand how much work it would be for MrDots.
well - they start working on next update after next DMD update - so there is still time to think about....
But honestly:
Sure is, that MrDots will not do 3 paths only for one character - even more not for Nicole.
Sure is, the "faithful-path" will stay (indisputable)
Sure is, there will be a complete break-up-option next update
(option, because you still can stay faithful, if you want to)

So even it's not finally decided (as i told before), right now i don't see any way how to include anything with Nicole in any ways except on faithful-path, which excludes any CQ or MFF actions at all. When they brake up, it will be over. MrDots doesn't want a on-off-on-off-relation.

Last edited:

Mpkstroff

Sep 16, 2017
well - they start working on next update after next DMD update - so there is still time to think about....
But honestly:
Sure is, that MrDots will not do 3 paths only for one character - even more not for Nicole.
Sure is, the "faithful-path" will stay (indisputable)
Sure is, there will be a complete break-up-option next update
(option, because you still can stay faithful, if you want to)

So even it's not finally decided (as i told before), right now i don't see any way how to include anything with Nicole in any ways except on faithful-path, which excludes any CQ or MFF actions at all. When they brake up, it will be over. MrDots doesn't want a on-off-on-off-relation.
Mr Hyperserver, you should tell the story you want to tell (in the game). Always are going to exist people that dont like somethings, but we know the story of 3 caps, and you habe the full picture (I supose). Habe a little more confidence in your skills as dev team ;)
Wish you all the good luck dood.

Challenge

Donor
Aug 1, 2018
Mr Hyperserver, you should tell the story you want to tell (in the game). Always are going to exist people that dont like somethings, but we know the story of 3 caps, and you habe the full picture (I supose). Habe a little more confidence in your skills as dev team ;)
Wish you all the good luck dood.
I think there is much confidence... It is the third game built by MrDots Games, after all.

mmmonsterkill

Aug 30, 2016
wait... the mc is 24, he spent 7 years in lawschool and a couple (3?) years working for a firm...did he go to lawschool at 14?

Raziel_8

Engaged Member
Dec 4, 2017
And:
On the one side Jeff is called a Troll, on the other side you mention in EVERY of your posts "jeff said the CQ path was turned down COMPLETELY before that update" as this is the only and whole truth - which is clearly not the case!
I just wish you would take ALL of our words so hard as you call this one sentence. You cherrypick what you want to hear and parrot it over days - just saying.
Of course with the final breakdown, which will definitively be an OPTION in next update, the "open-relation-path-chances", maybe leading to cuck-queen, are dropped nearly to zero. Without relation -> no cuck-queen.
1.) faithful
2.) breakdown
instead of planned:
1.) faithful

have fun
As u are informed on the inner working of the devs, can i ask u about the original plan for the Nicole path, before the breakup was confirmed ?

U said breakup was never a thing, the CQ path was only in discussion phase and as such probaply turned down regardless of the call for a breakup option.
So where wanted MrDots go with the whole Nicole path, as this relationship is influencing all other LI paths. Was a monogamous relationship with any of the other girls never a planed option, because no breakup with Nicole...sorry but i find it a bit hard to belive that all of the LI's would be fine with a open relationship/CQ path and not giving the players a option to pursue a single LI besides Nicole.

Rythan25

Engaged Member
Feb 20, 2018
As u are informed on the inner working of the devs, can i ask u about the original plan for the Nicole path, before the breakup was confirmed ?

U said breakup was never a thing, the CQ path was only in discussion phase and as such probaply turned down regardless of the call for a breakup option.
So where wanted MrDots go with the whole Nicole path, as this relationship is influencing all other LI paths. Was a monogamous relationship with any of the other girls never a planed option, because no breakup with Nicole...sorry but i find it a bit hard to belive that all of the LI's would be fine with a open relationship/CQ path and not giving the players a option to pursue a single LI besides Nicole.
Thats actually a very good question...

I was thinking of it from a different side...If Open and Faithful were the original two (which should have stayed) yet Open was only a small chance for cuckqueen, am I correct in assuming the "open" path was going to be two way sharing at first ? meaning "sight beyond sight" to see Nicole fucking other males ? Despite MC not being anywhere near her to be able to "see" her fuckings ?

However I am interested in Raziel's question, and see if you have an answer Hyperserver , in the open path every other LI was going to have to be ok with Nicole's shadow looming over her and the MC ? I mean the twins and Katrina I can see, they seem like total freaks, Vicky might be in for it, since the threesome dream might be forshadowing... but Sister ? no way... lame shortcake ? dont see it either... The two milfs ? who knows they seem like sluts, but greedy sluts (always plotting)..and Yuki ? well who cares about Yuki...

ut1stgear1

May 2, 2020
Played both DMD and Melody but lost interest in both due to the slow burn and mrdots is very verbose. One thing about this game is that we don't get blue balled but the writing is still very verbose in keeping with mr dots games. So far I have enjoyed SL and plan to follow it even though updates will probably be a long time coming. Another thing that stands out about his games is the top notch renders and animation. Mr dots is truly gifted in those areas. His writing is not the best but is still above average.

Edit: Concerning the debate over having an open relationship earlier I look at it from this games perspective. In RL I would look at that issue differently since I would not be inclined to have such a relationship but in a game I am "open" to it. Remember this is just a game that doesn't claim to reflect RL.

Last edited:
Reactions: HandofVecna

lancelotdulak

Nov 7, 2018
Dear God people... do you people have any concept of the amount of work theyre putting in? And youre screaming about the plot and threatening not to play etc etc.....
If you dont like something or dont think it's logical say "i dont like this thing because.." or "this doesnt seem logical guys might consider rethinking it?".. thats it.. constructive , helpful suggestions. Like ut1stgear1's.. i agree i hate overly verbose games whre you LITERALLY wear your finger out rapidclicking to get the damned giant wall of text out of the way. He said that the write way. If the open relationship is ridiculous .. just say that "this makes no sense guys, isnt enjoyable and is a big enough dislike im losing interest".. that's nice , honest and short.

Morhe (great coder) hameleona and i are working on a game now.. and just our planning and communicating we're spending about as much time into as we planned to put into the game. I got slammed at work for weeks and could do nothing. Right now hameleona is. Im waiting to hear what content they need. Morhe is doing the coding and planning he can but waiting on to flesh out the script to things we all agree on... it's complex, time consuming etc. Just taking models and sets you've prebuilt and posing, reclothing, giving expressions, relighting, rendering can take a bloody day then a couple hours per repose and render. Be appreciative and helpful people damn

Hyperserver

Donor
Jun 30, 2018
Thats actually a very good question...
Well - since you asked nicely, i will give an answer.

First of all - there is not really a final straight plan to most of the girls in detail. Of course there are plans how each path will turn out and how they are waved together.
I can't and i will not give away any details, as you might understand that would destroy the whole sense to play MrDots games. His games are known for slow burn and a nice story - so giving that away would be like calling the murder on first page.

There is a plot for "faithful path" which will not change at all. You can see that by the reason the walkthrough clearly stated that you will NOT be able to fuck other women later on except nicole. This path is planned until end of the game right now. And this plan was a part of the storyline right from the start of the game.

Before the breakup had it's way into the story to replace the "open relation path", it was there for 2 reason:
1.) An open relation would allow MC to date and intimate other girls without any issues (which is already needed for Victoria)
2.) An open relation STILL would allow to involve Nicole. Remember they are a couple for 5 years, and they left each other with an "I love you". That happened just 1-2 weeks in the nearest past - so why should MC break up so easy right after that short time? This is actual one of the biggest problem we have: to make the breakup even reasonable. Also that path would have left the opportunity to do a CQ path with Nicole. MrDots even thought about making Sister a CQ instead of Nicole after breaking up-decision, but that is REALLY OFF TABLE (god thanks XD).
In general, the open path was not really that fleshed out as other paths, that's why MrDots could change it to "break up" that easy. Just the ORP would have left more possibilities open to continue. A Break-up instead will be final (most probably).

Besides that i reassure you that there were no plans at at any time/point to let Nicole sleep with other men at all. Not visible, Not noticable, Not even behind MC's back and finally not even invisible with MC not knowing. NOTHING at all. The most reason for ORP was to let Nicole still be an active topic while the MC being able to go after other women without any issues, as MrDots will not include NTR or cheating. (And we consider OUR definition of NTR, based on the japanese origin, and NOT what people learned to be NTR in any forum)

General Note:
They now start to work on next DMD update - so there is about 4 weeks until they continue SL story. Things can always change. Some things are set in stone (like MrDots vision) - some things can be changed easy (breakup Nicole). All other is somewhere between and can/can't be changed without bigger issues.
If there is a message like "We are going to do / we don't do ...." then this is always a CURRENT point of view. Of course do not expect MrDots to forward- backward-change a story several times for the same topic/plot.

General Note II (off-topic for the question above, but important to say again):
Just to avoid any discussions about NTR/cheating, you may consider it as following:
We don't discuss about NTR at all - all discussions about what's NTR are forbidden.
We don't say that there is NTR in our games, nor do we say there will be NO NTR in our games.
But what we say is, that there will NOT be "WWDW" in our game.
"WWDW" is an abbreviation for "What We Don't Want".
(Replace "NTR" with WWDW in our #info-faq on discord - i also posted our definition over here)
It doesn't matter how you call it - it also does not matter how other players define it. It finally does not matter who is right....
... All what matters is, what will be in the games and what not. And we use OUR definition to explain what we will include. You may just believe that, or not. But if you change definitions like YOU see the definitions, don't blame US when things come out different as YOU expected in the end. (you = all over here)

Last edited:

iolkj

Nov 30, 2019
That's too sad. I would have loved, and I think many would agree, to see the cuckqueen path. And now it has been killed just because of some idiots that where whining about sex with other males even when told there would be no such thing. I totally understand that MrDots wanted to just end this heated argument, but I still hope that there's a chance he reconsiders his plans for the cuckqueen path and manages to just ignore these haters with their alternative facts.

xsssssssss

Jun 17, 2017
As far i’m Concerned break up addition is very good news. Certainly better than the embarrassing open relationship where you break believability by pretending it’s not open on the part of the instigator.

Hyperserver

Donor
Jun 30, 2018
That's too sad. I would have loved, and I think many would agree, to see the cuckqueen path. And now it has been killed just because of some idiots that where whining about sex with other males even when told there would be no such thing. I totally understand that MrDots wanted to just end this heated argument, but I still hope that there's a chance he reconsiders his plans for the cuckqueen path and manages to just ignore these haters with their alternative facts.
we will see what we can do...
But however this turns out, i guess MrDots will never ever again listen to community that open again as he did about Nicole. That whole discussion costed several days and uncountable amount of nervs.
Guess the next time he will just ignore, and stick to HIS vision - whether it's liked or not in the end.

Trikus

May 31, 2020
Besides that i reassure you that there were no plans at at any time/point to let Nicole sleep with other men at all. Not visible, Not noticable, Not even behind MC's back and finally not even invisible with MC not knowing. NOTHING at all.
Once more for the people in the back, and everyone moaning about Nicole being unfaithful, looking to end the relationship and making up shit about the character that wasn't even there. Panties got bunched up over nothing.

Yamakasi20

May 17, 2017
we will see what we can do...
But however this turns out, i guess MrDots will never ever again listen to community that open again as he did about Nicole. That whole discussion costed several days and uncountable amount of nervs.
Guess the next time he will just ignore, and stick to HIS vision - whether it's liked or not in the end.
I would sign any petition or support on patreon instantly if MrDots would get back to the vision he had when first starting making VN's.

Reactions: TungstenDuck

xsssssssss

Jun 17, 2017
Once more for the people in the back, and everyone moaning about Nicole being unfaithful, looking to end the relationship and making up shit about the character that wasn't even there. Panties got bunched up over nothing.
Or it’s failure on the part of the writers in setting up a plot scenario where the believable end scenario is non-monogamy and refusing people a justifiable out in response to that. Saying they were going with some bs story reason as to why she’d fail isn’t really of value.

3.50 star(s) 270 Votes