Legendary101

Dec 22, 2018
we will see what we can do...
But however this turns out, i guess MrDots will never ever again listen to community that open again as he did about Nicole. That whole discussion costed several days and uncountable amount of nervs.
Guess the next time he will just ignore, and stick to HIS vision - whether it's liked or not in the end.
I do find things like this a little over the top, the guilt tripping in general, the insinuations of the community being at fault etc. I honestly don't know what to believe whether this cuckqueen path is there or not. I truthfully don't care, in the sense we could be debating something that was never meant to be. All I know from my playing and thinking about it, the cuckqueen path made no sense up to this point in the game, nothing even hinted it was on the table. That to me is poor game design and I explained in a past post why it did not ring through for me.

If this MrDots fellow never wants to listen to his community again, that is up to him. People will still make decisions like they would of if nothing had changed. Simple as that, no harm done. But considering people were making the point here that made out they were close to the dev team etc that there was nothing but complainers over here and this is why MrDots is never here or does not take anything from here, then nothing said here was making any difference, people discuss things like in any other thread because that is what people do, discuss. But if nothing is really pulled from here, what is the harm.

People debate and discuss. Some people get more passionate than others and say things they probably never intended them to seem.

I can only speak for me, but at least anything I ever said in this thread with the recent debate I always tried to back up by referencing the story and my interpretations, that never means anyone's point is always correct, all you can do is bring some logic and reasoning to your posts and let the people decide. So if this community is not that important, then it must of been his own community also not liking the two options and he listened to them. From being in business and I can only draw on marketing experiences, you would be a fool never to listen to feedback. But to each their own, maybe the visual novel market is different.

I remember one time, supervising an ad and we would get random people to come in off the street and they would give feedback on it, where you get a mock up of an ad with cheap graphics and voice over before production. People gave feedback and the ad didn't connect for them because in general it did not have enough of their culture for that market. It was an ad for a general region of countries and a sport was referenced that they really did not give a crap about. Did we go, well to hell with them, no, we redesigned it. Sometimes feedback is just that, honest and real. Whether right or wrong.

I mean I will be honest, from my point of view no one who represented themselves from MrDots dev team in this thread covered themselves in glory. To me they seemed very emotional, sensitive to any feedback, referenced I am nearly sure numerous times this place is filled with complainers and why it is ignored. But I guess on some level it really is not that bad as they are still here.

All I will say is I never found this place that bad, I was bored mainly during lockdown I believe, I think that was when I really read this forum with an open mind during then and I found that a lot of people had insightful thoughts and they actually posted about the games in an analytical way etc . For the most part anytime I ever posted or responded people have been fine. I don't see these forums as bad, quite the opposite. Like any form you will have some people not acting in good faith. You step over it or respond if you so choose to.

In my opinion if you ask me if people were justified in wanting a break up route, yes they were. Is it ok to wait until next update, sure. But for people who wanted the option to break up right now, I have zero issue with them and I can see where they are coming from.

Does the cuckqueen route even make sense currently with what was made, to me, no. So it would of been an odd choice. But hey I can only judge what is made. If anyone thinks differently to each their own. I think I might possibly move on from this thread now as it seems to have run its course. Unless I am needed to respond to something etc. Probably waiting until next update now is more logical. Which sounds like it is two months away.

Last edited:

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
Or it’s failure on the part of the writers in setting up a plot scenario where the believable end scenario is non-monogamy and refusing people a justifiable out in response to that. Saying they were going with some bs story reason as to why she’d fail isn’t really of value.
Besides also wanting to skirt close to the forbidden word on purpose so they could evoke the vanilla emotions of that in the story and then be surprised that those emotions were evoked and part of the people did not like it and complained. Complete and utter surprise of course after years of flamewars already over the subject. :ROFLMAO:

Now dev team reaction and what they will or will not do based on reactions on forums and their own overheated emotions is all up to them, as it should be since it is their game after all. The choices of the dev team before and after outcry and how they want to deal with the chars now, is their responsibility and choice though and not the responsibility of the complainers as some seem to want to make it. Just the devs and if they do not want to add content that would be even easier to do on a break up path since they have even more room to play around as before, that is also their choice and just their choice. (Players can whine about it and complain and be right from their pov and wrong from another pov, but the responsibility and also the applause if it does work out for any content is in the end only the dev team's.

For me, well I actually already felt after first update that the inclusion of Nicole and her role at all felt like overkill to me (since she basically has taken over the role of his father in his life as the controlling and limiting MC factor) and more as a problem as exciting, sad in a way that since for another MC and with a slightly other role she could have made a great GF. So I hope that in the breakup scenario she will find a better relation for herself and ends up happier as a result as with MC, just a mention at end of game will be enough though for me. :p

Last edited:

yltohawk

Mar 19, 2019
I fail to see why in your arguments that the MC couldn't come away with Nicole as well as others at the end of the game. Georgina's appearance was not a one off. I see it as a major plot development, allowing Nicole to use her sister's experience to shape her thinking. The dream in the beginning with both Nicole and Vicky can be viewed as deja vu. The question of if he could handle them both was put to the MC. They both concured that he could. I want to focus on what's on my plate jnstead of would'a, could'a, should'a.

Hyperserver

often the biggest step forward is to "step back"
Donor
Jun 30, 2018
All I know from my playing and thinking about it, the cuckqueen path made no sense up to this point in the game, nothing even hinted it was on the table. That to me is poor game design and I explained in a past post why it did not ring through for me.
There have not to be "hints" for all stuff. Something is just hidden at all to make the player's experience more unexpected.
If you like to play vanilla games, just feel free to do.
But considering people were making the point here that made out they were close to the dev team etc that there was nothing but complainers over here and this is why MrDots is never here or does not take anything from here, then nothing said here was making any difference, people discuss things like in any other thread because that is what people do, discuss. But if nothing is really pulled from here, what is the harm.
People debate and discuss. Some people get more passionate than others and say things they probably never intended them to seem.
Well - it's a difference between constructive talk, and shitstorm talk. We both know that - but a huge group over here doesn't know as it seems.
Just for example there were complaints that people CAN'T break up with nicole, because there is "NO REASON to stay with her".
But right after we told that there WILL be a break up and a possible CQ path is not possible anymore, the SAME PEOPLE complaint that they HAVE TO break up now.
Just they rage and complain because they WANT to complain. Such kind of people we are talking about.
I can only speak for me, but at least anything I ever said in this thread with the recent debate I always tried to back up by referencing the story and my interpretations, that never means anyone's point is always correct, all you can do is bring some logic and reasoning to your posts and let the people decide. So if this community is not that important, then it must of been his own community also not liking the two options and he listened to them. From being in business and I can only draw on marketing experiences, you would be a fool never to listen to feedback. But to each their own, maybe the visual novel market is different......
Yes, you are right - that's why i don't bother to answer XD
I mean I will be honest, from my point of view no one who represented themselves from MrDots dev team in this thread covered themselves in glory. To me they seemed very emotional, sensitive to any feedback, referenced I am nearly sure numerous times this place is filled with complainers and why it is ignored. But I guess on some level it really is not that bad as they are still here.

All I will say is I never found this place that bad, I was bored mainly during lockdown I believe, I think that was when I really read this forum with an open mind during then and I found that a lot of people had insightful thoughts and they actually posted about the games in an analytical way etc . For the most part anytime I ever posted or responded people have been fine. I don't see these forums as bad, quite the opposite. Like any form you will have some people not acting in good faith. You step over it or responds if you so choose to.....
This is just a final reaction on peoples way to act over here. If you gonna tell them 1000 times what's gonna happen and what not, and they still claim to know that something other is gonna happen....
Even MrDots did something he NEVER EVER made before: he sent an announcement email about changes, they still claimed to know that this will NOT happen.
At this point you just turn into rage - i know that is not the best way to go, but however....
You just start asking yourself for what reason you should stay over here and answer questions, as long as the asking people don't even accept the answers at all.
Does the cuckqueen route even make sense currently with what was made, to me, no. So it would of been an odd choice. But hey I can only judge what is made. If anyone thinks differently to each their own. I think I might possibly move on from this thread now as it seems to have run its course. Unless I am needed to respond to something etc. Probably waiting until next update now is more logical. Which sounds like it is two months away.
dude - we are on update 3. There is just the first week passed after MC's arrival at sunshine bay.
What do you think? that every possible route just can start out of nowhere? OF COURSE the routes have to be scripted to fit in. We never said that Nicole just switches into CQ RIGHT NOW. Of course this has to be build up.

People really forget that it's the VERY EARLY STAGE of the whole story. If they want to have a fast paced fucking harem game, then they just should fuck off, because this game is NOT made for such things. Those who can't agree to the game are not forced to like, nor to play - but they should SHUT UP and go to play games they like.

I also can't go into a sushi bar and complain because i don't like fish!!!

Last edited:

Hyperserver

often the biggest step forward is to "step back"
Donor
Jun 30, 2018
Me too. Lets get corrupted.

Today I will remind them:
please not again.
1.) this is the wrong thread (wrong game)
2.) that website is completely outdated since years as we told you several times
3.) we explained thousands times why that taglist had been changed

Still you keep gravedigging that old shit?

And then You wonder why we react that way? Again no one listened to what we said?

>*imagine over here a censored statement which would get me banned if visible*<

You really make us to not drop ANY information anymore about anything by acting that way.
You even proof that every single conversation and every single part will be taken out of any context
Also stuff which happened many years ago is taken to "proof" something or whatever.
Just listen inside you and be honest: how much stuff did you tell in your life, which is not actual anymore?
You never ever told to your first girlfriend for example that you swear to love her forever?
What would you think about her comming every couple of days and bark about how you have broken your oath?
So PLEASE stop gravedigging what isn't actual in ANY way you look at it today.
Thanks

Last edited:

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
I also can't go into a sushi bar and complain because i don't like fish!!!
Actually you can, just the manager of that restaurant would likely not take your complaint very serious, especially since you are not part of his/her targeted market anyway. Now the reactions of the team sound to me as like that the complaints were at least of part of their target market. :p

The better analogy though would be you are going to a meat only restaurant (Whether that is you just love meat, are allergic to fish or for whatever reason you wanted a meat only restaurant) and you enter it and you smell fish which makes you nauseous. Even if only vaguely, now you do have a fair and valid reason to complain from your pov. Whether management agrees with you or think fish is also a meat and so they are free to sell it or their sales of fish is 50% of their turnover so they want to sell it anyway. Well that is up to management, but yeah the one that is allergic to fish will likely leave and look for another restaurant after complaining. Those with lesser objections might stay and dine or leave, but likely will for sure choose another restaurant next time they want a meat only restaurant.

The same as with my earlier remark about Nicole already not feeling right in setup of game at chapter 1. That was my feeling and would have loved to see it set up different. That does not mean I did not respect the fact dev did set it up as they did or demanded it to be changed.

Last edited:

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
if all girls (either twins individually or together) and women would have different paths then this game wouldn't finish ever (basically not literally), doubt even players would want that.

Rythan25

Engaged Member
Feb 20, 2018
Once more for the people in the back, and everyone moaning about Nicole being unfaithful, looking to end the relationship and making up shit about the character that wasn't even there. Panties got bunched up over nothing.
Agreed... It doesnt get much clearer than (she wouldnt have sex with other men, not behind the back of the MC, it wasnt going to be shown, it was not going to be talked about as if it happened behind the scenes).

I could see some people being turned off by the whole "OUR definition of the dreaded 3-letter word which in order to not get deleted I will refer to as PoS"... as thats what the lovers of said fetishes always use to excuse shit writing in other games claiming "its not PoS, the mom was just in love with the MC, but she is still his mom first, Jamal ravaging her is A-Ok"... I mean thats grade A bullshit right there in the same vein that the anti side saying "omg that girl that was introduced with an established boyfriend/husband talked about having sex with him, thats PoS'.

Both those types of people should be ignored as they are dumber than a bag of wet marbles... the anti side is beyond butt-hurt, that is 100% NOT PoS... but the lover is also talking out of his ass, thats ABSOLUTELY PoS.

Anyway Hyperserver , hopefully the Dots team learned from this, and next time stick to their guns and have confidence in their work rather than listen to screeching people... I mean you guys are 1.5 of 2 so far, what are you scared of ? Melody was amazing despite the stupid "its vanilla hurr durr" crowd which was a minority that was loud. DmD was great, then Ch3 happened, and it cost you guys Patrons, but you win some you lose some.

iolkj

Nov 30, 2019
Both those types of people should be ignored as they are dumber than a bag of wet marbles... the anti side is beyond butt-hurt, that is 100% NOT PoS... but the lover is also talking out of his ass, thats ABSOLUTELY PoS.
Right. Though the main point is not what constitutes PoS, it is that if the developer wants to include that scene, regardless of it being PoS, or if the developer does not want to include an additional scene you might have wanted, you may politely tell them that you dislike their decision and you may stop playing the game if you want to. But you should absolutely not throw shit at the developer. It's their game, not your's. You're not entitled to anything. Even if you are a top-tier supporter, you are not entitled to anything (except of what that tier officially grants you). It is your choice to support developers and if you are not willing to take the risk that a game might turn a different direction than you would like, then just don't do it. Wait until the game is done and then decide whether you want to get it not.

Raziel_8

Engaged Member
Dec 4, 2017
if all girls (either twins individually or together) and women would have different paths then this game wouldn't finish ever (basically not literally), doubt even players would want that.
I would say that depends of which girls are the main LI's and which are only side girls and are likely only up for some fun but have no individual path.
Also depends on how the individual paths are implemented, if the game has a long common/general path and only split up lategame into the individual paths it is obviously less work.
If the the game would split up early like now with the Nicole path and that for all individual paths + make every path unique then that would require a huge amount of work/time.

Naxos

Engaged Member
May 9, 2018
I haven't being following any of this, but skimming over the last few pages if understand correctly, we'll now (next update?) have the chance to end it with Nicole instead of the open relationship? Which for me is great, I dislike her immensely. The only way I can see the open-relationship route working is if the MC is a clingy balless sub.

I honesty don't by for a second that she loves the MC. All I she with her is an manipulative bitch that wants this perfect high power life and the perfect high power partner and the perfect little house etc. FFS the guy loses his job and does he get any sympathy from her? No she's pissed off here perfect little plan is ruined and he better find something before she gets home.

Then the sister calls and Nicole all but kicks him out the house as soon as possible because she needs a break, but then misses him because she can't get off. I'm really surprised that he can't see that she's just using him to make her dream come true. I doubt it's their dream at all, I think she' just overpowered his dreams and will, just like his dad wanted him in the navy, Nicole wanted him as high power lawyer. While he might still have been one, I doubt he would have been as motivated and ambitious as she's making him be.

The MC does seriously need to man up a bit and get a lot more confident and assertive. Like not letting Ashley off the hook every time he asks her something.

Unrelated to that, I don't trust a single one of the woman in this game so far, I think they're all lying to him about something in one way or another, except for maybe the cousin.

Also there is a plot continutiy issue where you get the scooter from both Ashely and Yuki and end up having the same conversation twice with Ashley and Sister if you did the lift home with Ashley option earlier. Now my poor MC has two scooters he doesn't know how to ride.

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
I honesty don't by for a second that she loves the MC. All I she with her is an manipulative bitch that wants this perfect high power life and the perfect high power partner and the perfect little house etc. FFS the guy loses his job and does he get any sympathy from her? No she's pissed off here perfect little plan is ruined and he better find something before she gets home.

Then the sister calls and Nicole all but kicks him out the house as soon as possible because she needs a break, but then misses him because she can't get off. I'm really surprised that he can't see that she's just using him to make her dream come true. I doubt it's their dream at all, I think she' just overpowered his dreams and will, just like his dad wanted him in the navy, Nicole wanted him as high power lawyer. While he might still have been one, I doubt he would have been as motivated and ambitious as she's making him be.
This exactly! While not wanting to offend anyone particularly, she is portrayed as the typical money and status hungry female so many of us know well and have unfortunately been involved with.

Reactions: Naxos and NukaCola

ut1stgear1

May 2, 2020
This exactly! While not wanting to offend anyone particularly, she is portrayed as the typical money and status hungry female so many of us know well and have unfortunately been involved with.
In my own RL Nicole is the type of woman I would avoid or walk away from. I decided early, many years ago, that I would not fight over a female but would fight for a female. Nicole falls into the first category.

Reactions: EZ8lt

Jackboo1

Aug 26, 2017
I finished the available content and I was pretty disappointed. I think this game is gonna reach more than 10gb lol. Tbh i'm gonna replay it in one year or two lol. But it's very good tho. :censored:

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
I haven't built any narrative, I said in a post earlier it's on both of them, relationships take 2.

I'm just trying to balance out all the "she's a mega bitch" posts where they seem to be inventing shit she hasn't even done. The only thing she's done is put forward an option you didn't like, you also have the option of saying no, that's a silly idea.

Putting forward options doesn't mean she wants to spread her legs for the world. It was just an option, one he could turn down.

It's fine not liking a character but some people have made it a vendetta and inventing shit she didn't even do and it's seriously fucking weird.
Sorry, I knowm we don;t always agree, or even agree very often...but there's reasons for that. Your attitude.

The MC (us) has had a dream about someone (we choose who). Nothing else has really happened, he hasn't really thought of anything else particularly...while our lovely fiance has discussed our dirty laundry with her sister, thinks the relationship is in trouble far more than we do, and even thinks about a break/open relationship (right after seeing Meredith).

That's her...not us...not anyone else...her alone. (made possibly by the typical distinctly average writing of Dots). She is the one who is unhappy...she is the one thinking things over far more than any reasonable person committed to their partner should be. She even gets her break because we're not there for the summer. Yet still...she asks....

Sorry...it's all on her I'm afraid.

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
I've still yet to complete the current version of this game (currently making my way through 0.0.1 content), and have been avoiding this thread, but since the shitstorm from the latest update is starting to invade other threads and has spoiled the upcoming events, I though I'd just chime in with my 2 cents about this whole thing (since that's what everyone's doing anyway).

As I understand it, people are getting annoyed about this "open relationship" choice because they're worried about seeing Nicole do things with other guys and think that this is going to lead to NTR. But here's the thing, if the MC was meant to keep Nicole as his girlfriend, then why did he move away in the first place? Yes, we know it's because he needs a job, and money, and it's to help his half-sister, but the point of these games is not, and has never been, about monogamy.

Sure, he could hump his way through the game with every female character that comes his way and try to build a harem with his girlfriend included, but not all games have to have that. The whole reason, in my view that we have this scenario where the MC moves away and meets a whole bunch of new people as well as reconnects with people from his past, is to show him that the life he thought was good before actually wasn't and that there is a better prospect somewhere else and with someone else.

Another thing is that, in general, these games aren't supposed to be about monogamy and staying faithful to just one partner because that's what we have in the real world where monogamy is the socially acceptable norm in most of the world. But these games are a fantasy, specifically the archetypal male fantasy of an alpha male who can have as many women as possible with little to no consequence and can be as unfaithful as they want. So, for the most part, you're not supposed to just stick with one love interest let alone stick with a relationship that you might start out with because in these games, as the saying goes, the grass is always greener on the other side.

Honestly, I don't really understand what people are complaining about because I accepted right from the start that Nicole was never likely to stay as the MC's girlfriend due to the long distance relationship and that he'd be surrounded by pussy when he arrives in Sunshine Bay. There's "having your cake and eating it too", but it seems like some people just want to have too much cake, especially when that cake was never meant to be eaten.

3.50 star(s) 270 Votes