Dyhart

Jul 30, 2017
Ok so I need some clarification which may have been answered before about the two "versions" of this game..

In version 1 you could agree to Nicole's terms and enter an open relationship(of which she won't cheat) or refuse and stay loyal...LOYAL!

in the new version you can agree to this cheating relationship or break up with her? Did people honesty hate her that much that a feature already present(refusing the terms) is no longer in the game? so now you have to either break up with her or be a cheating bastard?

Am I missing something? Cuz this change is not in favor of loyal types. Nicole was not a bad girlfriend.

yudas51

Dec 25, 2019
Ok so I need some clarification which may have been answered before about the two "versions" of this game..

In version 1 you could agree to Nicole's terms and enter an open relationship(of which she won't cheat) or refuse and stay loyal...LOYAL!

in the new version you can agree to this cheating relationship or break up with her? Did people honesty hate her that much that a feature already present(refusing the terms) is no longer in the game? so now you have to either break up with her or be a cheating bastard?

Am I missing something? Cuz this change is not in favor of loyal types. Nicole was not a bad girlfriend.
Yes, there was a major uproar in the fanbase, since most people outright didn't like nicole.

Irgendwie Irgendwo

Engaged Member
Jun 30, 2018

First of all, I agree, Nicole is not a bad girlfriend. A little bit estranged due to stress maybe. But with the opening premise that MC is not promoted and loses his job and will have to take menial tasks over the summer until she can get him an entry level job at her company and the threat that their mortgage will fall through I can empathise with her that she is not a happy camper. Even so she sleeps with him to cheer him up, but of course with all that on her mind she has to fake her orgasm. Of course, I guess nobody would reach one if she's not in the mood to begin with.

So yes, your new alternatives are either continuing the relationship with her with the hall pass for the summer and she will become a cuckqueen, or -quean (where did that damn "a" come from, makes no sense) (*) or to break up with her and presumably eliminate her from the game.

(*) Note: For now that means you don't have to cheat on her, you can still refuse to have an affair with Veronica and the Massage Girl. So if you turn down anybody you can still stay faithful to her, but will miss a big chuck on scenes. Of course I don't know if we are railroaded into mandatory sex with either half sister and / or cousin.

(*) Note 2: This is pure speculation: I feel that there will be an inevitable legal battle between the two hotel owners. If you stay with Nicole I am pretty sure she will come to Sunshine Bay and win the case for you - and decide to stay. If you are not with her you are on your own and will have to find help elsewhere, or maybe she will be the opposing lawyer. Whatever you do though, she will not sleep around as confirmed by the dev team, even though some bozos here claim they know the plot better than MrDots. ;)

quorkboy

Sep 26, 2020
I'm breaking up with Nicole even though I don't hate her. Because the other option is selfish and unfair. I was in for the open relationship when I thought she'd also see other people. Now that the devs have confirmed she won't, and I'm interested in other women, it's only right that I let her go. Not that I plan to be especially faithful to anyone early on. But I expect long term I'll have to choose one or two as in Melody (where I chose both Melody and Sofia.) I was hoping for Shortcake and Kristina but I'm getting the impression the sister is end game. Which makes sense, she's the main female character.

Re: cuckquean - I don't believe it was ever cuckqueen. Looking up the origin of the word, it appears to be a blending of "cuck" with "quean". "Quean" originally meant simply "woman" (so, cuckquean = "female cuckold") and has since come to be a derogatory term of its own (at least it would be if it were in common use.) I am not sure if its use in cuckquean is meant as anything other than "woman" since the derogatory version means "impudent or disreputable woman," which doesn't fit the meaning of cuckquean.

jaw1986baby

Chasing Redhead sm0ls
Donor
Jun 2, 2017

Yes there was a lot of hate for Nicky. I was so so on her and I did not see the reason for the hate, IMO.

But there is no cheating. When your GF says go ahead and fuck other women that is NOT cheating.

LSC82

Jul 27, 2020

When the options extended were to stay monogamous with her or open relationship, several people (me included) asked for a straight "break up" option. People didn't really ask for the "loyal" option to be removed however.

Only later Mr Dots explained that the open relationship with Nicole would come down to the MC sticking his dick in everything that moves and Nicole getting off on watching/hearing about it.
At first introduction the idea sounded "NTR adjacent", specially because Mr Dots choose Georgina to bring it up.

So yeah what happened was, people didn't want their GF fucking other people, most of us didn't want to remain loyal to her and didn't want to straight up cheat either... a break up option was needed.

The removal of "loyal" was something Mr Dots did all on his own...
And i understand why... since in the game as currently constructed it's impossible not to get involved with the sister and cousin, loyal path would require a full rework of that.
A loyal path would also involve a whole lot of skipping the story of secondary characters like Ashley (primary in my heart :love:).

Not really a fan of Nicole to be honest, i understand that this was suppoused to be a long relationship and by the point the game starts she's worried about practical shit like money, rent and job opportunities.
But seeing her less than passionate attitude towards the MC was kinda of a turn off.

Last edited:

Hyperserver

often the biggest step forward is to "step back"
Donor
Jun 30, 2018
And i understand why... since in the game as currently constructed it's impossible not to get involved with the sister and cousin, loyal path would require a full rework of that.
A loyal path would also involve a whole lot of skipping the story of secondary characters like Ashley (primary in my heart :love:).
You are wrong - the "loyal path" has not been removed because it would have been a lot of more work. Just the lack of those who wanna see her "Loyal" made him do that.
Nicole was mainly meant to go a cuck-queen route. As there were so many haters, he was short about to cut her out completely - but god thanks, he didn't. He is back to his origin plan to do CQ route. Instead of having the second path (loyal), there is now "break up". (imho the best choice he did)

LSC82

Jul 27, 2020
You are wrong - the "loyal path" has not been removed because it would have been a lot of more work. Just the lack of those who wanna see her "Loyal" made him do that.
Nicole was mainly meant to go a cuck-queen route. As there were so many haters, he was short about to cut her out completely - but god thanks, he didn't. He is back to his origin plan to do CQ route. Instead of having the second path (loyal), there is now "break up". (imho the best choice he did)
Nicole being meant as cuck-queen wasn't clear when the choice came up, just playing the game not checking forums or Patreon posts i thought we were edging close to... you know. So i totally understand the shitshow.

Good clarification on why "loyal" was removed (y) .

Irgendwie Irgendwo

Engaged Member
Jun 30, 2018
Nicole being meant as cuck-queen wasn't clear when the choice came up, just playing the game not checking forums or Patreon posts i thought we were edging close to... you know. So i totally understand the shitshow.

Good clarification on why "loyal" was removed (y) .
Well, yes, I can see how you could come to that conclusion. However, that rumour was shut down by the dev team within a day at most - I think it was more like an hour after it first emerged - but people told the dev team that it would happen anyway.

In a way it was a major comedy, but exceptionally frustrating for the members of the dev team here.

Reactions: LSC82

BlasKyau

Devoted Member
Jun 26, 2018
Personally, knowing that there was a loyal path and that it has been eliminated, I think I will definitely pass the game. That was the only one that really interested me.

Reactions: kihality

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
Personally, knowing that there was a loyal path and that it has been eliminated, I think I will definitely pass the game. That was the only one that really interested me.
not eliminated, mc can still remain faithful to nicole.

BlasKyau

Devoted Member
Jun 26, 2018
not eliminated, mc can still remain faithful to nicole.
From what I have read from the answers you have given me, the MC necessarily has a relationship with two LIs (I suppose one will be the stepsister). Maybe he hasn't had sex with them, but, honestly, I already explained how I like to play these games, and if there was a way that allowed the MC not to start a relationship with any other LI, I would have preferred it.

Now, having a relationship with three LIs (the girlfriend and two other LIs that I don't know who they are), the only ending that could interest me is one that includes the three LIs (any one that includes only one or two of them will not interest me).

LSC82

Jul 27, 2020
Well, yes, I can see how you could come to that conclusion. However, that rumour was shut down by the dev team within a day at most - I think it was more like an hour after it first emerged - but people told the dev team that it would happen anyway.

In a way it was a major comedy, but exceptionally frustrating for the members of the dev team here.
Don't get me wrong, it was a shitshow, i saw that this thread became crazy town, everyone was exalted... i just understood where it came from.
And despite the shitshow i'm happy to have the "break up" option, so something good came out of that shit...
Now i can focus on the girls i really find interesting ;) .

Maybe i'll end up loyal to one of them (probably not :p ).

Saying "let's stay monogamous" and banging everything with a vagina attached could've been interesting lol.

Dyhart

Jul 30, 2017
Yes, there was a major uproar in the fanbase, since most people outright didn't like nicole.
First of all, I agree, Nicole is not a bad girlfriend. A little bit estranged due to stress maybe. But with the opening premise that MC is not promoted and loses his job and will have to take menial tasks over the summer until she can get him an entry level job at her company and the threat that their mortgage will fall through I can empathise with her that she is not a happy camper. Even so she sleeps with him to cheer him up, but of course with all that on her mind she has to fake her orgasm. Of course, I guess nobody would reach one if she's not in the mood to begin with.

So yes, your new alternatives are either continuing the relationship with her with the hall pass for the summer and she will become a cuckqueen, or -quean (where did that damn "a" come from, makes no sense) (*) or to break up with her and presumably eliminate her from the game.

(*) Note: For now that means you don't have to cheat on her, you can still refuse to have an affair with Veronica and the Massage Girl. So if you turn down anybody you can still stay faithful to her, but will miss a big chuck on scenes. Of course I don't know if we are railroaded into mandatory sex with either half sister and / or cousin.

(*) Note 2: This is pure speculation: I feel that there will be an inevitable legal battle between the two hotel owners. If you stay with Nicole I am pretty sure she will come to Sunshine Bay and win the case for you - and decide to stay. If you are not with her you are on your own and will have to find help elsewhere, or maybe she will be the opposing lawyer. Whatever you do though, she will not sleep around as confirmed by the dev team, even though some bozos here claim they know the plot better than MrDots. ;)
I'm breaking up with Nicole even though I don't hate her. Because the other option is selfish and unfair. I was in for the open relationship when I thought she'd also see other people. Now that the devs have confirmed she won't, and I'm interested in other women, it's only right that I let her go. Not that I plan to be especially faithful to anyone early on. But I expect long term I'll have to choose one or two as in Melody (where I chose both Melody and Sofia.) I was hoping for Shortcake and Kristina but I'm getting the impression the sister is end game. Which makes sense, she's the main female character.

Re: cuckquean - I don't believe it was ever cuckqueen. Looking up the origin of the word, it appears to be a blending of "cuck" with "quean". "Quean" originally meant simply "woman" (so, cuckquean = "female cuckold") and has since come to be a derogatory term of its own (at least it would be if it were in common use.) I am not sure if its use in cuckquean is meant as anything other than "woman" since the derogatory version means "impudent or disreputable woman," which doesn't fit the meaning of cuckquean.
Yes there was a lot of hate for Nicky. I was so so on her and I did not see the reason for the hate, IMO.

But there is no cheating. When your GF says go ahead and fuck other women that is NOT cheating.
When the options extended were to stay monogamous with her or open relationship, several people (me included) asked for a straight "break up" option. People didn't really ask for the "loyal" option to be removed however.

Only later Mr Dots explained that the open relationship with Nicole would come down to the MC sticking his dick in everything that moves and Nicole getting off on watching/hearing about it.
At first introduction the idea sounded "NTR adjacent", specially because Mr Dots choose Georgina to bring it up.

So yeah what happened was, people didn't want their GF fucking other people, most of us didn't want to remain loyal to her and didn't want to straight up cheat either... a break up option was needed.

Not really a fan of Nicole to be honest, i understand that this was suppoused to be a long relationship and by the point the game starts she's worried about practical shit like money, rent and job opportunities.
But seeing her less than passionate attitude towards the MC was kinda of a turn off.

Thank you all for the explanation. Just seemed(and still does) odd to me that originally you could not accept the deal and you'd automatically turn down the advances of the women, but now you have to accept the deal and manually turn them down. Like the choice was already in the game and now removed.

lol I mean if I'm honest I was gonna accept the deal anyway, it just felt like an option was removed. Not a good feeling. and if time allows, I'd definitely play through both paths.

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
Now, having a relationship with three LIs (the girlfriend and two other LIs that I don't know who they are), the only ending that could interest me is one that includes the three LIs (any one that includes only one or two of them will not interest me).
as it's been said many times only devs know and won't tell with how many girls mc can end up.

3.50 star(s) 269 Votes