FookU2

Engaged Member
Jan 23, 2018
try autosave or earlier save.

did you read tutorial how to patch?
I didn't see any tutorial, other than the one that tells how to use the incest patch. I'm not referring to an incest patch. I'm referring to a bugfix. The file I downloaded was labelled "bugfix patch" and I put it in the game folder. The game no longer even opens since I did that.

Last edited:

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
I didn't see any tutorial, other than the one that tells how to use the incest patch. I'm not referring to an incest patch. I'm referring to a bugfix. The file I downloaded was labelled "bugfix patch" and I put it in the game folder. The game no longer even opens since I did that.
bugfix was for older version.

FookU2

Engaged Member
Jan 23, 2018
bugfix was for older version.
I'm still trying to figure out why my game won't open, though. Previously, I could open and play the game, but I got errors. Don't really remember what the errors were. I downloaded the bugfix. I put it in the game folder. The game wouldn't open. I removed the bugfix, and the game still won't open. Something happened when putting the bugfix in my game folder. And that is what I am trying to find out...what happened and why won't the game open? I will now probably wait till I have a refresh in data and redownload it, but that means I now have to wait to redownload it.

jaw1986baby

Chasing Redhead sm0ls
Donor
Jun 2, 2017
I'm still trying to figure out why my game won't open, though. Previously, I could open and play the game, but I got errors. Don't really remember what the errors were. I downloaded the bugfix. I put it in the game folder. The game wouldn't open. I removed the bugfix, and the game still won't open. Something happened when putting the bugfix in my game folder. And that is what I am trying to find out...what happened and why won't the game open? I will now probably wait till I have a refresh in data and redownload it, but that means I now have to wait to redownload it.
Why don't you use NOPY to download?
No wait time or cap and it works pretty fast for me, close to Mega speed.

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
i guess limited mobile data. not everywhere has unlimited mobile data nor wired connection.

FookU2

Engaged Member
Jan 23, 2018
i guess limited mobile data. not everywhere has unlimited mobile data nor wired connection.
My data issue is a home data pool issue. Nothing to do with Mega or Nopy. I don't play these games on my phone, either. I don't have unlimited data. 5 people in this house all share the same data and we are limited on use each month. I'm mindful of others who also want internet. And until work picks back up, we'll continue to cut back on use.

Madeddy

Dec 17, 2017
...Previously, I could open and play the game, but I got errors. Don't really remember what the errors were. ...
You should have posted the errors. Better to know whats wrong and fix it. Just saying.
...I downloaded the bugfix. I put it in the game folder. The game wouldn't open. I removed the bugfix, and the game still won't open. Something happened when putting the bugfix in my game folder. ...
I can play the game in the "pure" DL version and with a save from version 0.4 without issue. The same if i add the bugfix - without save or with. Its strange you have problems.

Try the following:
  1. 1. Secure you saves somewhere outside the game/storage directory's.
  2. 2. Delete the unpacked game dir.
  3. Unpack it again.
  4. Check if your directory name/path free of weird characters is. (I advice always to stick with a-z/0-9 and -_ (hyphen and underline instead spaces))
  5. a) Try to run the game WITHOUT adding anything.
    b) If it runs add your saves in the ".../game/" dir and test.
    c) If this also works add the patch and test again.
  6. If a option of point 3 errors, report it. Describe what happened as good as possible and attach your log.txt and traceback.txt(in your gameroot) to the post.
  7. In case of Point 6 == True ... Let it out. smileys-angry_sign.gif

Last edited:
Reactions: FookU2

FookU2

Engaged Member
Jan 23, 2018
You should have posted the errors. Better to know whats wrong and fix it. Just saying.
I can play the game in the "pure" DL version and with a save from version 0.4 without issue. The same if i add the bugfix - without save or with. Its strange you have problems.

Try the following:
  1. 1. Secure you saves somewhere outside the game/storage directory's.
  2. 2. Delete the unpacked game dir.
  3. Unpack it again.
  4. Check if your directory name/path free of weird characters is. (I advice always to stick with a-z/0-9 and -_ (hyphen and underline instead spaces))
  5. a) Try to run the game WITHOUT adding anything.
    b) If it runs add your saves in the ".../game/" dir and test.
    c) If this also works add the patch and test again.
  6. If a option of point 3 errors, report it. Describe what happened as good as possible and attach your log.txt and traceback.txt(in your gameroot) to the post.
  7. In case of Point 6 == True ... Let it out. View attachment 1197579
So, I deleted everything, keeping my saves in a sepate place, and it didn't open. I added the bugfix. Nothing happened. The compressed version didn't come with a saves folder, which also means there was no persistent folder. I created a save folder....nothing. I added the old persistent file...nothing. I added the saves...nothing. I tried everything I could think of...nothing. I even moved around the saves in appdata location. The compressed version isn't working for me. All my other renpy games work fine.
I can't download a 4.42gb game, either.
I even checked my antivirus to see if it blocked it...nope.
What I'm gonna do is delete everything, and just check back next update and see if it works for me. If not, guess I won't get to finish the game.

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
The trolls here are getting so much more annoying every week. And so infinitely stupid.
yea, on dmd update day was asked even it was given on prev. page (20 posts per page) and when replied to poster to use search then got not that nice reply.

Reactions: jaw1986baby

Paldor

Sep 4, 2020
So, I deleted everything, keeping my saves in a sepate place, and it didn't open. I added the bugfix. Nothing happened. The compressed version didn't come with a saves folder, which also means there was no persistent folder. I created a save folder....nothing. I added the old persistent file...nothing. I added the saves...nothing. I tried everything I could think of...nothing. I even moved around the saves in appdata location. The compressed version isn't working for me. All my other renpy games work fine.
I can't download a 4.42gb game, either.
I even checked my antivirus to see if it blocked it...nope.
What I'm gonna do is delete everything, and just check back next update and see if it works for me. If not, guess I won't get to finish the game.
This is just a guess. I run across something like this whenever the media is in Fat or fat32 format.
If that is the case then the largest file that media can handel is either 1GB or 4GB, regardless of how large the media is in total.

My experience with renpy is that when the game launches it copies the persistent file from the appdata location to the game/save folder.

FookU2

Engaged Member
Jan 23, 2018
This is just a guess. I run across something like this whenever the media is in Fat or fat32 format.
If that is the case then the largest file that media can handel is either 1GB or 4GB, regardless of how large the media is in total.

My experience with renpy is that when the game launches it copies the persistent file from the appdata location to the game/save folder.
I deleted all my appdata files before launching the new download. So, it didn't have a persistent file to copy. I had a similar issue with Anna Exciting Affection, and the persistent file was the issue, but that didn't work for this game.
Either way, I have no more data to download anything this month, so I will just wait for the next update, and if I still have this issue at the next update, I'm just done with the game. I don't have the energy to keep trying. lol

jaw1986baby

Chasing Redhead sm0ls
Donor
Jun 2, 2017
I'm missing the Shortcake/Cousin doughnut #17. Anyone know which/where it is?
It's the one that looks like this
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
One of my favorites...
OK so the day before the wedding or maybe the day of SC is helping you find papers
if you grab the doughnut guide and go to page 51/84 there is about 4 locations of SC donuts by page 53/84

I think it is actually from the time you pick to go to SC first or SC second. To find all the donuts you have to do each way.
From donuts guide page 31/84 to page 38/84 only the screen caps that have something to do with SC
I think it is one of them.

Last edited:
3.50 star(s) 269 Votes