MisterL

Sep 17, 2019
Next Month - DMD, then SL, then DMD - so it will be bi monthly ...
Just a friendly remark: In an update after the first release of SL they mentioned to go from a 4 to a 5 week cycle between releases. Both games will still be alternating.

Means it will take 10 weeks for the next update of SL.

Reactions: Uwe Furtmustal

Lederzar

Mar 5, 2020
The game is excellent, interesting story, first class renders the only weak thing is the Incest, the stepsister could have been a sister and Ashley could have been the mother of both, everything else Ok

Thelonely6

Oct 22, 2018
The game is excellent, interesting story, first class renders the only weak thing is the Incest, the stepsister could have been a sister and Ashley could have been the mother of both, everything else Ok
I disagree with you. It's better this way. For me it gave it an interesting angle because I'm sure someone here did the same as me and yelled AH at MC in the intro

ProofreadingRUS

Forum Fanatic
Aug 10, 2019
I disagree with you. It's better this way. For me it gave it an interesting angle because I'm sure someone here did the same as me and yelled AH at MC in the intro
Well the MC is rather hard to get used to. I'm on day 2 and he fights with his sister all the time like an old married couple. He blames her for everything and others have to calm him down. I don't think he would make anybody a good husband. He seems too much like his father who also is not so great with women.
Well only time will tell what their future will unfold. Will they sell the hotel or fix the lighthouse.
Only time will tell. No real bad guy has shown his face yet, but I can tell they're coming to the call of the Benjamin Catnip.

Aner878787

Nov 17, 2018
Its not a step sister, she is a half sister. Steps sisters are not blood related. Half sisters are, therefore its proper incest in this case, and is more plausible than those children split between parents stories.

Liking the game so far, though the MC (and his father's) expressions are a little awkward, and as some mentioned, there is not many choices to be made in how the story plays out. But lets see how it develops.

One of the father's lines must be corrected: "She's smart, attractive, and very goal oriented. Woman like Nicole are a dime a dozen son".
A dime a dozen means that are common and not very special. He should say "Woman like Nicole are not ..."

Reactions: Hyperserver

goobdoob

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Respected User
Dec 17, 2017
Nothing to see here...more Mr Dot garbage. Plastic doll renders with exactly 2 facial expressions, and a horribly written cliche trash story with a total of zero likeable or interesting characters. Stop encouraging this hack. Reusing a bunch of terrible characters and references from your old bad games isn't clever, it's tiresome and lazy. Just quit until you can make something tolerable.
Dude, come on. It's OK if you don't like it, but don't:
  1. Act like your opinion is fact, or correct. It's an opinion - not everyone will share it, and it's not right or wrong.
  2. Exaggerate to make your point. For example, there are more than "exactly 2 facial expressions". Here are 4 pictures, each with a different facial expression:
sc day1eve e32.jpg sc day1eve e33.jpg sc day1eve e34.jpg sc day1eve e35.jpg
Also, no need to be a jerk when you state your opinion.

Last edited:

BoltonGuy35

Mar 25, 2018
Don't get all the negativity from some of the people posting on hear. I loved all of Mr dots previous visual novels (completed/work in progress) and loved the beginning of this one! It's not a big issue but having the half sister as a full sister could have been easily implemented into the story at the beginning but still works perfectly as it is! But if someone very very clever did come up with an incest patch to make this happen i'm sure there would be many a happy reader hint hint ;)

goobdoob

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Respected User
Dec 17, 2017
Don't get all the negativity from some of the people posting on hear. I loved all of Mr dots previous visual novels (completed/work in progress) and loved the beginning of this one! It's not a big issue but having the half sister as a full sister could have been easily implemented into the story at the beginning but still works perfectly as it is! But if someone very very clever did come up with an incest patch to make this happen i'm sure there would be many a happy reader hint hint ;)
Half sister is still incest. In the unpatched Patreon version they're childhood friends, not half siblings.

BoltonGuy35

Mar 25, 2018
Half sister is still incest. In the unpatched Patreon version they're childhood friends, not half siblings.
Fully understand this and also stated that it does work as it is. Just would have been nice to be her full sibling thats all :)

sahamat

Apr 15, 2018
Dude, come on. It's OK if you don't like it, but don't:
  1. Act like your opinion is fact, or correct. It's an opinion - not everyone will share it, and it's not right or wrong.
  2. Exaggerate to make your point. For example, there re more than "exactly 2 facial expressions". Here are 4 pictures, each with a different facial expression:
View attachment 611839 View attachment 611840 View attachment 611841 View attachment 611838
Also, no need to be a jerk when you state your opinion.
Is true …. maybe you do your own story like us make a opinion …. how it goes... don't think that you too smart enough to comment other ppl afford …..

sahamat

Apr 15, 2018
Hi …. can anyone tell me how to put "signature" picture? bcos last time only copy and paste can do but now need URL … how I can get this SL avatar URL? thank you

fried

Almost
Donor
Nov 11, 2017
Eh, I was counting on SL. :confused: DMD got boring, I haven't played 2 updates reading the reviews. Maybe someday I will come back because I used to like it but the longer I play DMD it gets boring and I have no desire to continue playing.
DMD is in a completely different stage of the game than it used to be. It's actually shifted the major emphasis a few times, now - no longer about discovery, nor about big uncertainties, instead it's about growth and exploration in relationships as the core couple starts a new lifestyle. Some people might want what it used to be, but that would have kept the characters in a loop for no reason.

SL is brand new and we're seeing discovery, hidden agendas and a bunch of things again - in theory, it may shift focus over time but given the the goal is to see what can be done with the hotel at its core, it seems more "directed" towards a clear endpoint event, like Melody in some ways. That doesn't mean it can't expand outwards into all sorts of subplots that take on lives of their own, depending on how interesting and popular those tendrils become, certainly.

Last edited:
Reactions: Qmil679

fried

Almost
Donor
Nov 11, 2017
Exactly, seems like a cop out from the dev :unsure:
The game is on Patreon, this seems like a good enough situation for fans (especially with Rachel in the picture) and makes anything between the MC and Ashley even more interesting in terms of them trying to rationalize things, IMHO.

Les_Riggs

Oct 19, 2017
Nothing to see here...more Mr Dot garbage. Plastic doll renders with exactly 2 facial expressions, and a horribly written cliche trash story with a total of zero likeable or interesting characters. Stop encouraging this hack. Reusing a bunch of terrible characters and references from your old bad games isn't clever, it's tiresome and lazy. Just quit until you can make something tolerable.
Great, yet another pretentious bellend on here.
Seeing as you know so much about game creating and what people want, where's your brilliant game, you talentless git?

fried

Almost
Donor
Nov 11, 2017
Since playing this first (huge) installment, I am becoming more convinced that MrDots is an Eric Joyner (i.e., the artist) fan.

MOAR Cowbell

Apr 20, 2018
Exactly, seems like a cop out from the dev :unsure:
Yes, however i'm sure in the future someone might make a patch when it's complete rewriting the first part of the story so they are full but then again someone may not we will see.

Also it's going to be a fun 10 weeks till the next update

3.50 star(s) 267 Votes