Sep 21, 2017
to copy savegame files will NOT work!!!
You can't continue a savegame in chapter2 as you have to see chapter 2 like a "new" game.
All you can do is to use the EXPORTFILE you could create at end of CH1 so that the game imports that to chapter2
But you are right in that way, as that exportfile is located in Appdata/Renpy/SunshineLove folder.
So again: every single savegame from chapter 1 will NOT work, and you shouldn't copy-paste it. (waste of savegame-slots)
it worked for me man...although I am using the compressed version for all my games

RandyPhoenix

Engaged Member
Jun 30, 2018
If you play to the end of Ch1 v1.00 then the export feature is there at the end of the chapter. If you are in this bad of shape then post your Ch1 save and I'll supply you with the export file. It's really simple tbh. I'll help where I can. Regards.
Like i told it didn't worked, i used that feature even made 2 different path with different names, anyways i downloaded CH1 again, load my latest save, and create again and now its working but its not gonna change its buggy and i gotta need to create again with downloading CH1 again... Anyways thanks for trying help :)

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Like i told it didn't worked, i used that feature even made 2 different path with different names, anyways i downloaded CH1 again, load my latest save, and create again and now its working but its not gonna change its buggy and i gotta need to create again with downloading CH1 again... Anyways thanks for trying help :)
It's up to you. If you want to supply ONE save file then I'll provide you the export file as a courtesy. I am not the dev but I do have a bit of a vested interest that folks are satisfied as I supply a mod for the title (without any monetary shenanigans). Just ping me if you need/want the help. Regards.

Hyperserver

often the biggest step forward is to "step back"
Donor
Jun 30, 2018
it worked for me man...although I am using the compressed version for all my games
you still don't get it - do you?
There is ONE file in that folder (persistant) which has the export file. Your savegames themself DO NOT WORK!
It's purely impossible that they work.
What you have done is to copy a whole folder for just one small file - that's what i tried to tell you.
If you need some cream - do you buy some cream? Or do you just buy cream-filled donuts and squeeze them out?
But hey, if you are fine with that, it's ok - main goal is to play that game XD. So have fun and a nice day.

Uthuriel

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 26, 2021
There is no "best girl".
MrDots tried (imho successfull) to create all girls different to assure there is at least ONE for each taste.
There are Black, white, european, asian, redhead, blondes, black haired, long haired, curled haired, mature, young .........
So of course there should be one type you like and another type you maybe dislike - that's ok.
Me for my part, i dislike Yuki for example, even she is kind of cute - she is just not my type.
As there are thousands of players all over the world, Dots tries to match all ethnics and tastes. Of course this can't be done 100%, as we would need much more girls in there, but it's a try to do the best.
As a negative result, it may happen that you dislike more girls than you actually like, if you stick to one stereotype for your own - probably that's why so many players complain.
BUT:
As mentioned before several times, this game is NOT meant as HAREM game - just pick your favorite, and all is fine XD
Oh yeah? But no girl is purple with green dots!!!

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I'm sorry...

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Hyperserver
Sep 21, 2017
you still don't get it - do you?
There is ONE file in that folder (persistant) which has the export file. Your savegames themself DO NOT WORK!
It's purely impossible that they work.
What you have done is to copy a whole folder for just one small file - that's what i tried to tell you.
If you need some cream - do you buy some cream? Or do you just buy cream-filled donuts and squeeze them out?
But hey, if you are fine with that, it's ok - main goal is to play that game XD. So have fun and a nice day.
but it does...to me. so this is what it feels like to be special...oooh....i get the tingles!

the sunshinelove-saves has all my saves including that persistant file.

I copied them all and PASTED them to the new save folder created from the update sunshinelove-SAVES....i made a fresh save first using the new update before I copied over it.

i dunno what to tell you but it worked...for me. saved me the trouble to look from other save or start all over again.

Last edited:

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
Yes and imagine if DMD ended by that time, we could have two new games by now. SL at Ch 2 and a new game at 0.5 or something. See the time that was wasted
w/o patreon fuck up dmd would have ended some time ago or plot would be different.

Hyperserver

Donor
Jun 30, 2018
the sunshinelove-saves has all my saves including that persistant file.
That's what i said:
the persistant file makes your game to continue (if you saved at end of chapter 1)
The savegame files itself shouldn't work - you should get an error by loading one of them.
The persistant file makes the game recognize your "old" stats and opend the menu for import.
All that should have worked by just copy-pasting the persistant file alone.

But i am happy you managed to solve your loading issue at all and now enjoying the game

rogueprince

Jul 17, 2018
Okay, I don't know what I did wrong. I'm not getting the screen with all the stats at the end of chapter 1, instead I'm getting this:
screenshot0012.png
It's not transferring the save file to the new update, and for the life of me I can't figure it out. Any help? Please?

Hyperserver

Donor
Jun 30, 2018
Okay, I don't know what I did wrong. I'm not getting the screen with all the stats at the end of chapter 1, instead I'm getting this:
View attachment 1677699
It's not transferring the save file to the new update, and for the life of me I can't figure it out. Any help? Please?
the answer is simple: you don't have the latest version of chapter 1.
There has been a revision update which also adds the preperation for savegame export
So either load the last version of chapter 1 and finish your game over there, or you may have to answer the questions at start of chapter 2 and add your stat-points manually.
PS: reading mostly helps:
1645993808971.png
it's clearly stated that the savegame export is implemented in the REVISION UPDATE !!!
if you skipped that one, it's on your fault

rogueprince

Jul 17, 2018
the answer is simple: you don't have the latest version of chapter 1.
There has been a revision update which also adds the preperation for savegame export
So either load the last version of chapter 1 and finish your game over there, or you may have to answer the questions at start of chapter 2 and add your stat-points manually
Great. This is the first I've heard of that. Guess I'm off to download that. Thanks.

Hyperserver

Donor
Jun 30, 2018
monroe
I suggest to edit OP and mention in color that you need the LATEST version of chapter 1 (revision update) to be able to carry over savegames.
A lot of complaints and outrages over here based on the fact that they skipped that update end of last year because of "no content".
Guess that would be very helpfull

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Something wicked this way comes...

SanchoMod proudly presents:
Sunshine Love [Ch1 v1.00 & Ch2 v0.01] - MultiMod Edition
SL_SM_Cover.jpg

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Go get you some.

Please enjoy. I hope you find at least one feature beneficial to your experience. Remember absolutely everything can be toggled on/off as desired and on the fly. Complete information and exhaustive previews can be found on the mod's thread (simply click the banner pic above). Regards, be well and enjoy the fruits of literally hundreds of hours of work.

- Sancho
SanchoMod's Maximum Everything Import

I'm not going to recompile the mod just for this, but for you folks having "issues" with the import/export and can't find a minute to answer the manual input questions then drop the attached inside your "game" folder and you're done (with maximum fucking everything). If you later decide you don't want this feature then simply delete the file and no harm done.

Screen shows the new button available during import/manual entry screen:
1645994451694.png
You're welcome.

Now go download the real SanchoMod and experience the vast amount of features it employs. Regards and be well.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Boehser Onkel

rogueprince

Jul 17, 2018
PS: reading mostly helps:
View attachment 1677722
it's clearly stated that the savegame export is implemented in the REVISION UPDATE !!!
if you skipped that one, it's on your fault
I had no idea what it meant by that. It certainly never occurred to me that ther would be another update,, seeign as it was clearly the end of chapter 1. Sorry if I didn't read every single one of the 500 pages here to learn about it. You don't have to be a jerk about it.

Xabder

Feb 10, 2021
i played chapter 2 today and it seems that everyone is telling me that the relationship between the mc and ashley is only temporary. can it be changed in future updates or is this a permanent decision from the dev when he started to create this game?

Trikus

May 31, 2020
Version 0.8 finished the Chapter 1 story (mostly). If you only finished that one, your saves will NOT transfer. It even tells you that on the final splash screen. In December they released Chapter 1 version 1.0 which revised and added a few things, including the save transfer. Download the 1.0 version, open your save from the end of the v0.8 game, and save it again in v1.0 to transfer your saves to Chapter 2

3.50 star(s) 269 Votes