Uthuriel

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 26, 2021
It's still annoying that the MC has to remind the player that he's totally not gonna stay in Sunshine Bay...

Like does this mofo really believe that?
Did he forgot that he has no job and depending on playthrough neither GF nor a flat there?

I guess the cardboard boxes in Darkham City are very cozy....
Maybe he should call "Batman" and ask him for help... :rolleyes::KEK:

Reactions: Raziel_8

ferTriceps

Oct 30, 2017
I hope there will be more nicole in future updates, because there is no way someone will choose to go back with such little screentime

SirLance

Apr 25, 2019
Is this variable not transferring over correctly or is the walkthrough incorrect (or am I interpretting it incorrectly)? I'm getting the below option that shouldn't be occurring according to the walkthrough, even after replaying this part in Chapter 1 to make sure it wasn't due to selecting the incorrect option but still getting the same thing:
Walkthrough Snip.PNG

Uthuriel

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 26, 2021
Is this variable not transferring over correctly or is the walkthrough incorrect (or am I interpretting it incorrectly)? I'm getting the below option that shouldn't be occurring according to the walkthrough, even after replaying this part in Chapter 1 to make sure it wasn't due to selecting the incorrect option but still getting the same thing:
View attachment 1678330
It's probably a bug. I just read the bug report section on their discord. IMHO they should have released this chapter one week later to fix all the bugs.

Reactions: SirLance
Sep 21, 2017
That's what i said:
the persistant file makes your game to continue (if you saved at end of chapter 1)
The savegame files itself shouldn't work - you should get an error by loading one of them.
The persistant file makes the game recognize your "old" stats and opend the menu for import.
All that should have worked by just copy-pasting the persistant file alone.

But i am happy you managed to solve your loading issue at all and now enjoying the game
there was an error but there is also an ignore button, i press that and voila! ...continue gaming on my last save, i can even load up my last choice decision save

Hyperserver

often the biggest step forward is to "step back"
Donor
Jun 30, 2018
there was an error but there is also an ignore button, i press that and voila! ...continue gaming on my last save, i can even load up my last choice decision save
AGAIN.... (last try to explain)
What you did is to copy a lot of savegames, which will NOT work - you get an error ...
You can scroll back, as the history is also saved in your savegame - but you are NOT in content of chapter2 - as soon as you enter chapter 2 content you will get an error which throws you out of your savegame and start a NEW chapter 2 content game!
.. the ignore button throws you automaticially to the start of chapter 2.
You will also be at the same point WITHOUT your savegames by normal start as long as you have the persistant file.
Your savegames DO NOT FUCKING DAMNED WORK OR DO ANYTHING !!!!!
You can delete them as they just waste space and block slots.
ONLY and VERY ONLY the persistant file is needed.

It's like you want to have some dice - you only need to buy dice. But you told that buying a whole gamebundle solved your problem. I told you that you don't need the games to get some dices. but you keep telling "But i have dices now".

The hell - you can even copy-paste a savegame from ANOTHER RenPy game (try it) - and you will get the same results - it's shown in your savegames and as soon as you load it, you get an error which you can ignore and you will be thrown right to the start of chapter 2.
So i could say "A savegame from another 3rd party RenPy game also works" - but NO, it does NOT. Is this so hard to understand?

It works - as long as you have the persistant file from SL - as this is all you need.

Whatever - leave it be - if you are happy by keeping senseless trash on your pc (like non-working, unnessecary files) then go on. I've tried to explain why it's dumb to do, but you will not listen.

End of that topic.

PS:
MrDots changed some coding - and if you manage to run savegames from chapter 1 right into chapter 2, you would be a magic. It's technicially impossible to do so. That's why you get an error which the game tries to solve by looking into your persistent file. But hey - if you manage to do the impossible, then why do i even keep trying to explain? YOU are the master here. You manage to transfer savegames between different games :FacePalm:
Do you also think removing that browser icon on your desktop will delete the internet?
(Sorry for being harsh - but i REALLY tried to explain several times "the normal way")

Last edited:

JohnnyFlex

Jan 24, 2018
Ok so I'm dumb when it comes to this, but where would I find my save from chapter one? I know I saved it last time I played but idk where to find it.

Hyperserver

Donor
Jun 30, 2018
Ok so I'm dumb when it comes to this, but where would I find my save from chapter one? I know I saved it last time I played but idk where to find it.
your savegames are located in /Sunshinelove/games/saves
Also in /Appdata/RenPy/Sunshinelove

But like i wrote in post above to another dude, your savegames from chapter 1 will NOT work in chapter 2
You need to play Chapter 1 to the end (VERSION 1.0 NOT version 0.8) and make a saveexport over there.
Again: SaveEXPORT (where you been told ingame). Normal Savegames will not work.

Asides that, if you have done correctly (playing to the end of chapter 1 and did your export), the game AUTOMATICALLY will include the export data when you start chapter 2 - there is NO NEED to copy ANY files

OppaiLover69

Sep 24, 2020
Gallery Unlocker for Sunshine Love [Ch. 2 v0.01 Extras].

Unlocks Gallery (Scenes), Peeping Tom and Doughnut Gallery.

Also unlocks Gallery mode and in-Game Walkthrough mode automatically without needing to use an activation code.

Extract zip (attached below) to .../SunshineLoveCH2-0.01-pc/game and you are done.

yltohawk

Mar 19, 2019
With Mr. Roshi's comments in regard to the MC effectively telling him to grow a pair, I think our Character my in fact start to grow a spine. The results with his half sister was pretty impressive. I as most of you were tired of a wishy-washy MC.

Hyperserver

Donor
Jun 30, 2018
I hate games that are separated by chapters. That is why I have given up on playing DMD.
well - if you rather download TONS of gigabite over and over again, feel free to do.
We prefer different chapters to keep download time and size within a fair amount.
If you struggle to handle seperate chapters it's not on the developers to take care of

Just for example DMD as you mentioned:
ch 1 = 3.32 GB
ch 2 = 3.00 GB
ch 3 = 4.90 GB
ch 4 = 2.37 GB already
=================
total = 13.59 GB (given chapter 4 will end like ch 3, then this would be over 16 GB)

HAPPY DOWNLOADING every update

PS:
You should FIRST think BEFORE you start complaining about stuff, you don't understand

EDIT:
OK - you now may say "But we could do update patches instead" - that's true. But this is more work for nothing - asides that, the final product will also need to be downloaded at once. You cant expect people to download version 0.1 and additional thousands of patches.
So the best way is to do several chapters - and i guess almost everyone will agree with me - and those who don't accept that, just don't need to play if it's "too much" to load different chapters. (i guess those who complain are probably just those, who complain about ANYTHING we do, regardless what we do)

Last edited:

Caloi

Jul 11, 2020
hey guys, i just finished dw chapter 1 and when i extract the zip file using 7z, it shows warning for “headers error”. is it normal?

Last edited:
3.50 star(s) 269 Votes