JahSamufari

Oct 18, 2018
It could be. I see you have an old R4 chipset so it could be that you are running out of memory. I also see it is trying to run at a higher resolution than your monitor is capable of, which could also be giving you problems. DMD is a native 720p game that take less resources to run.
Then that's likely the issue, thanks for your help nevertheless.

EDIT: Maybe it's time to put the old burner laptop to pension.

Reactions: Ilhares and Skeltom

Ilhares

Engaged Member
Aug 19, 2019
Then that's likely the issue, thanks for your help nevertheless.

EDIT: Maybe it's time to put the old burner laptop to pension.
You're not the only one who gets hit with that. My brother called me up today, said he was having trouble playing one of the games he really enjoys. I ask how old the system is. "I bought it a couple years ago, it was really good at the time."

... right. So we dig into the model number and specs. Dude's using a craptastic refurbished Dell office workstation that was 'new' in 2012. Doesn't even have a discrete video card. I had to politely explain to him that I've thrown away systems newer than his because they're so obsolete and useless for the tasks. Not even viable to upgrade him because the case doesn't have room for a properly sized video card, and I suspect the PSU only meets the bare minimums to keep that going.

I think I'm going to gift him my former desktop PC case, and we'll see what kind of nice cheap mobo/cpu/memory combo I can score to get him a little more modern. I'd hate to sacrifice my PSU that's in that case (it's a solid 850W unit), but it's not doing me any good at the moment either.

And just to be an asshole (as siblings do), I'll throw in one of my spare HDs completely loaded with the VNs and drop the icons all over his desktop.

Skeltom

Engaged Member
Oct 9, 2017
You're not the only one who gets hit with that. My brother called me up today, said he was having trouble playing one of the games he really enjoys. I ask how old the system is. "I bought it a couple years ago, it was really good at the time."

... right. So we dig into the model number and specs. Dude's using a craptastic refurbished Dell office workstation that was 'new' in 2012. Doesn't even have a discrete video card. I had to politely explain to him that I've thrown away systems newer than his because they're so obsolete and useless for the tasks. Not even viable to upgrade him because the case doesn't have room for a properly sized video card, and I suspect the PSU only meets the bare minimums to keep that going.

I think I'm going to gift him my former desktop PC case, and we'll see what kind of nice cheap mobo/cpu/memory combo I can score to get him a little more modern. I'd hate to sacrifice my PSU that's in that case (it's a solid 850W unit), but it's not doing me any good at the moment either.

And just to be an asshole (as siblings do), I'll throw in one of my spare HDs completely loaded with the VNs and drop the icons all over his desktop.
Yeah, it's relatively easy to make a rig on the cheap if you look into your options. I don't have an elitist setup by any means myself. The PC I use for my day to day is an old HP 3500 at its core. I just upgraded the CPU and GPU and called it good. It all depend on what you need it to do really.

Ilhares

Engaged Member
Aug 19, 2019
Yeah, it's relatively easy to make a rig on the cheap if you look into your options. I don't have an elitist setup by any means myself. The PC I use for my day to day is an old HP 3500 at its core. I just upgraded the CPU and GPU and called it good. It all depend on what you need it to do really.
That's true, and for VNs what he's got already would be fine, the box has 16GB of ram squeezed in it somehow, which was the biggest surprise to me. Not too often to find old DDR3 machines with 16+, especially the common fodder workstations. My former 'ancient' machine was an i7-970 with 6 slots, so we got 24 in there, and it's now paired up with a 2080, which seems to tackle everything we've thrown at it just fine.

But.. I'm a geeky bastard and on the rare occasions I have money, I want the absolute best I can wrangle, which is why I passed on the 3070Ti and 3080 to friends of mine and knuckled down for a 3090 FE.

If I had any artistic talent whatsoever I'd probably look into crafting a VN of my own at this point, I've certainly got enough rendering power to let it run while I'm not actively using the machine, but when I look at what folks have created for their models and environments, I have to acknowledge that I just don't have that gift. I envy every one of these mad bastards that churns out such beautiful work, it seems like they get to make a minor living doing something they really love.

Reactions: Skeltom

UncleFredo

Aug 29, 2020
I've been in the industry for almost 50 years. When my partner and I started our firm, we decided that whenever we upgraded our systems, we'd buy the highest performance system available. The goal being the best longevity possible. Over that period, on average it was 4-5 years before we had to upgrade. With a couple of hiccups because of bad design decisions that didn't manifest until a couple years down the road.

So. If you're using your system for something that pushes the envelope, pretty much no matter how big you buy or how much you spend, you're looking a 4-5 years to obsolescence. Sad but consistently true for half a century.

At this moment, my system is 3 1/2 years old... :(

Reactions: JonasSnr

Ilhares

Engaged Member
Aug 19, 2019
I've been in the industry for almost 50 years. When my partner and I started our firm, we decided that whenever we upgraded our systems, we'd buy the highest performance system available. The goal being the best longevity possible. Over that period, on average it was 4-5 years before we had to upgrade. With a couple of hiccups because of bad design decisions that didn't manifest until a couple years down the road.

So. If you're using your system for something that pushes the envelope, pretty much no matter how big you buy or how much you spend, you're looking a 4-5 years to obsolescence. Sad but consistently true for half a century.

At this moment, my system is 3 1/2 years old... :(
I dunno, while there have been some CPU improvements in the last few years, anything with more than 4 cores from the last decade is still pretty solidly reliable. Biggest shortcoming, as usual, is the GPU side of things, though I suppose those new m.2 drives have gotten a little faster, too. I tossed in a PCIe adapter for one in my old i7-970 box before handing it off to the housemate, as well as a USB3 interface upgrade.

If something happens to render my current 12-core chip achingly obsolete in the next few years I would be truly amazed, though I won't be at all surprised if the next decade rendered my 3090 to be so.

Skeltom

Engaged Member
Oct 9, 2017
can bang all except surfing girl.
That's not accurate. There is the cousin, Yuki and Connie for example. Also Svetlana but that's just a speculation on my part. She will likely be around a while so who knows what will happen with her.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
SanchoMod note:

Good morning.

I'll be updating the Ch2 mod to the newest core v6 today. If I can get it all done and the new features added quickly I consider updating Ch1 of the mod as well. Since the mod is still not listed in the OP, you can always find it here if desired. Regards and I'll keep y'all posted.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Uthuriel

Uthuriel

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 26, 2021
SanchoMod note:

Good morning.

I'll be updating the Ch2 mod to the newest core v6 today. If I can get it all done and the new features added quickly I consider updating Ch1 of the mod as well. Since the mod is still not listed in the OP, you can always find it here if desired. Regards and I'll keep y'all posted.
I tried.... my request to add you to the OP got rejected though.... kinda sad.
And yes pls update both mods. Your work is amazing. Thank you.

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
That's not accurate. There is the cousin, Yuki and Connie for example. Also Svetlana but that's just a speculation on my part. She will likely be around a while so who knows what will happen with her.
yea forgot svetlana and connie but yuki can be banged if is on her path when on date at her special place.

jaw1986baby

Chasing Redhead sm0ls
Donor
Jun 2, 2017
yea forgot svetlana and connie but yuki can be banged if is on her path when on date at her special place.
Cunnilingus isn't "banging". Unless I did it wrong there was no sex.
not sure and don't wanna check.
OK so cxx will just happily give out information he doesn't actually have that may in fact (very much so) BE WRONG!

D in P "banging" only happens with Nikki, Vicky, Twins, Ashley, Jazz, and Sis so far and that is if you are on the paths for them. So that leaves 5 with no current "Banging" but I actually forget if one of them did in CH02.

None the less ignore cxx as he often will say things like that with no basis even though he does sometimes try to help it is better to ask a more reliable source.

PEACE

Reactions: Skeltom

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
well i don't replay whole game thru after each update like some do.

jaw1986baby

Chasing Redhead sm0ls
Donor
Jun 2, 2017
I mean after each update I replay the game 6 times. One for each path I have saved. ;)

PEACE

EDIT: I am joking I do play the new content 6 times for the paths but I only go back to relay the whole game when there a big changes like the final chapter 1 release.

3.50 star(s) 270 Votes