cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
IF sc reads that letter then ashley's and trisha's next meeting will be veeeeeeeeeeeeery interesting (luckily for mc sisters are on quite separate paths so no revelation in heat of discussion that he fucks them both) and i think it's better for mc if he locks himself to lighthouse for during that "conversation" or goes to other side of town.

JohnF95zone

Engaged Member
Oct 31, 2017
actually that's true. But believe me, we also had no clue.
MrDots took even us by surprise.
His words: "I wanted to hold this spoiler up as long as possible"

So i apologize for unintentionally spreading "false information", as even i myself really thought otherwise.
I was one of them thinking "hmm.... could be", but after being told it isn't, i also believed it isn't XD.
(At that point i wasn't full member of MrDots core team like i am right now, but "just" Admin/Mod on fan-Discord and without full insight, depending on info given piece by piece)
You We/You (NOT specifically Hyperserver or the team:oops:)/No one can't blame the man (Mr.Dots) for not revealing the content of his story before it was supposed to be revealed. If anything I would blame the curiosity, 'busy body'ness and "I'm the first" trope of the fans.

However, there is a lesson on this. Instead of answering Yes or No (which could be a lie), Mr.Dots should just simply told his team members to say "I don't know" and Mr.Dots had to cease any direct communications with the fans afterwards. How a simple question had such an impact.

Edited: Have to make it clear that the "you" is not meant someone specific but as a generic placeholder, should have chosen a better word. My bad.

Last edited:

Trikus

May 31, 2020
Now that we know what was in that envelope (which most of us figured out when they said that Shortcake didn't know her father), where are they going to go with that? Going by what Ashley says, she doesn't know Trisha slept with Gerald so she probably doesn't know the truth about Shortcake's father either. The question is, is Trisha the one that Gerald was cheating on Ashley with? It would make sense why he would never tell her who she was, even when Ashley had proof he was cheating. Trisha being part of the reason that Ashley broke up with Gerald, forced the separation of MC and S, and their relation to Shortcake has the power to either upend the entire family, or bring them all together in their hate of her.

Hyperserver

often the biggest step forward is to "step back"
Donor
Jun 30, 2018
You can't blame the man for not revealing the content of his story before it was supposed to be revealed. If anything I would blame the curiosity, 'busy body'ness and "I'm the first" trope of the fans.

However, there is a lesson on this. Instead of answering Yes or No (which could be a lie), Mr.Dots should just simply told his team members to say "I don't know" and Mr.Dots had to cease any direct communications with the fans afterwards. How a simple question had such an impact.
yes - we normally act like that anyways. I don't blame Dots for not revealing the "truth" right away.
I nevertheless feel kind of bad. Even i gave away the "no" with best knowledge at that point, i fear that people will not believe any statements in future, which is also a bad thing. (see bestiality hopes in DMD a while ago).

Anyways - we have to ensure that such things will not happen again - there is just one thing more bad than "no information"... it's "WRONG information".

It probably will be more easy from now on, as until few weeks ago, i was just the part between Mr Dots core team and the community. But lately i got to be part of the core team myself, so all intel will be more accurate and first hand.
Same goes for Mistress Elemental, who also recently advanced to the core team.

As it has been asked a few times now what's Dots' core team (directly involved in games' development):
- MrDots (last say, scripting and rendering)
- HearszAM (main writer, 2nd in charge)
- Mistress Elemental (rendering, beta testing)
- myself (Beta Testing, community work)
all 4 of us together also do the creative work like story-arcs and fleshing out scenes etc.

For those who used to know Jeff Steel: he is since a few months on own wish for uncertain time due to personal reason 100% inactive.

Last edited:
Reactions: JohnF95zone

Karmasaur

Dec 24, 2021
how does the gallery unlocker work? i put in the codes but the scenes in the peeping tom gallery and scene replayer are still locked

Hyperserver

Donor
Jun 30, 2018
how does the gallery unlocker work? i put in the codes but the scenes in the peeping tom gallery and scene replayer are still locked
which codes?
If you talk about the leaked codes of MrDots, they just unlock the gallery and PT in general. You still have to find and unlock the content by playthrough.

Reactions: jaw1986baby

bobbo69

Engaged Member
Donor
Jun 18, 2017
It's weird that he invites cousin on a date when he's not on her path and even has option to kiss her, I made sure that I'm not on her path and still???

• Angry
Reactions: Son of Durin

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
Did you even check the first page?
nope.

It's weird that he invites cousin on a date when he's not on her path and even has option to kiss her, I made sure that I'm not on her path and still???
WHAT???!!! how on earth you aren't on sc path? that's total blasphemy.

anyways besides obvious devs making choices on behalf of players maybe a reward from good work at hotel.

Trikus

May 31, 2020
Not every choice is up to the player. Some things have to happen in order for the story to progress. Did you make the choice for the MC to move to Sunshine Bay? He could have stayed in his city and tried to find work after all. Did you get the choice to return home when you found out S lied about the state of the hotel? Did you get to choose not to hire Svetlana?

Reactions: bobbo69

Slickdick69

Jul 21, 2020
damn, outta likes until later.

well now you can happily abandon this game.
Nah. Gotta figure out where I left off from like 2 years ago. I plan on reading it from there, now that I know, what I know now. I wasn't gonna spend hours reading an update and not get what I've been waiting for, so I cheated. Too bad it ended on a fucking cliff hanger. Like damn lmao

Smarmint

Mar 23, 2019
Why do the sex scenes all have these weird, unnatural motions? It looks very uncomfortable for both participants. I've never seen this in any other (non-Mr. Dots) game.

Reactions: Dalish

Son of Durin

Engaged Member
Jul 5, 2021
I don't recall seeing anyone report this, but I started playing the latest release, with the Sancho mod, and my screenshots aren't working. And to the tech support geeks likely here, yes, I've tried quitting and restarting, and have done a reboot. I haven't done a reinstall, and don't really feel like doing one at the moment. It's odd because it was working last night when I finished up the .03 release.

As always, I saved the prior release off to an external; deleted and erased the prior release from my PC and did a clean install of the new release and updated mod.

Anyone else having this issue, or have any ideas? Is this a new instance of Renpy that might be in conflict with my OS (latest update of Windows)? As you can see, my "s" key is working fine, so not a keyboard issue, and the other hotkeys seem to work (though I don't use them often - just tested to see if it was everything or just screenshots).

One other thing: in the .03 release, all of the donut images were already revealed and each time I tagged one it told me "this image is already unlocked", and in the .04 release, all images are unlocked except for the new Connie images. I haven't tried the game without Sancho, so I don't know if this was a side effect of the mod or a glitch with the game proper. Not that I'm complaining, but thought it was a bit odd.

Hyperserver

Donor
Jun 30, 2018
Why do the sex scenes all have these weird, unnatural motions? It looks very uncomfortable for both participants. I've never seen this in any other (non-Mr. Dots) game.
because other developers use Blender software, which allows more natural and much more detailed animations.
Next game MrDots will also switch to using blender exactly because of that reason.

Hyperserver

Donor
Jun 30, 2018
I don't recall seeing anyone report this, but I started playing the latest release, with the Sancho mod, and my screenshots aren't working. And to the tech support geeks likely here, yes, I've tried quitting and restarting, and have done a reboot. I haven't done a reinstall, and don't really feel like doing one at the moment. It's odd because it was working last night when I finished up the .03 release.

As always, I saved the prior release off to an external; deleted and erased the prior release from my PC and did a clean install of the new release and updated mod.

Anyone else having this issue, or have any ideas? Is this a new instance of Renpy that might be in conflict with my OS (latest update of Windows)? As you can see, my "s" key is working fine, so not a keyboard issue, and the other hotkeys seem to work (though I don't use them often - just tested to see if it was everything or just screenshots).

One other thing: in the .03 release, all of the donut images were already revealed and each time I tagged one it told me "this image is already unlocked", and in the .04 release, all images are unlocked except for the new Connie images. I haven't tried the game without Sancho, so I don't know if this was a side effect of the mod or a glitch with the game proper. Not that I'm complaining, but thought it was a bit odd.
it's a known RenPy issue. YOu don't see the actual screen on your screenshot but one of the past ones.
You can solve that issue by NOT using fullscreen. Windowed screen should be possible to capture.

3.50 star(s) 269 Votes