RG80100

Feb 23, 2018
The first time I saw her I knew she would be my favourite.
I find everything about her to be hot.

Thats partly why I like her.
She is a bit naive but also really sweet.
Same here, just with the the preview before the first release i was hyped.

RG80100

Feb 23, 2018
Just see my PP, and the game is on STEAM. Weird they banished Melody, Sofia is more developped than Elena or Jen...

jaw1986baby

Chasing Redhead sm0ls
Donor
Jun 2, 2017
MrDots tried whatever he could - be assured. That's when he has been told that if he further tries to get Melody on STEAM, he will be banned at all. Afterall it's not worth the effort to remake old games, we just have to be sure that the next game(s) will be according to the rules (At least until they are listed :p)
The weirdest randomness in Steam. Who you get evaluating makes a world of difference I guess

https://f95zone.to/threads/my-new-memories-v0-4-killer7.85280/
and
https://f95zone.to/threads/bad-memories-v0-8-5-recreation.28008/

are on Steam (I own them both) and compared to Melody...

How TF is Mel the only one of those 3 rejected
Steam is super dumb sometimes

Anteron

Jun 17, 2023
Pretty fucked up they don't even say what's wrong and grey areas are automatically rejected. Yet they allow a "Sex With Hitler" game.

• Haha
Reactions: _Gaalec_
Jan 27, 2021
MrDots tried whatever he could - be assured. That's when he has been told that if he further tries to get Melody on STEAM, he will be banned at all. Afterall it's not worth the effort to remake old games, we just have to be sure that the next game(s) will be according to the rules (At least until they are listed :p)
Sorry to read Melody was rejected, I can't remember anything in the game that would be a good reason. I really liked that game, will try this and DmD too.

As for not allowing changes, it's somewhat understandable. If a game has multiple versions and it's controversial, Steam can get in trouble even if they only sell the edited one. They don't want any investigation to begin with.
E.g. Patreon prohibits incest yet every game is patched, or players can choose the relationships of characters while the setting obviously signs it's incest. So in the end there's incest in most games they allow on their site. Hard to convince anybody from any authorities that "SISTERLY lust" is about childhood friends. :D
The same goes for high school setting, it's just dumb to say everybody is over 18 in high school. Of course it could be enough for a private company but won't be enough for the authorities. It seems some companies take the risk while others won't.
Steam is a huge platform with extreme revenue, they simply don't want to take any risks.
On the other hand, they allow japanese games. I never played one but just looking at their banners, well, there isn't a single character who looks like an adult in those.

Melody still shouldn't have been rejected, there's just absolutely no reason.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: _Gaalec_

GetOutOfMyLab

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Aug 13, 2021
Do they always say you can't resubmit?
The dev of one of my favourite sharing games said he submitted his game to steam multiple times before they accepted it.
It depends on what it is. You might be asked to resubmit because your store panels aren't setup correctly, for example. But they are pretty strict on content such as underage, rape, etc.

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
Steam is strange, I guess you have to be lucky but there are a couple of games with very young looking girls and they are on Steam. For example, the redhead girl from my signature is very young looking and the game is on Steam.
well she looks older than for example sophie from melody but yea steam had dblstandards.

we know.
Even more strange, once you get a rejection, you aren't even allowed to apply changes and re-try again. They made it clear, that once a game is rejected, it's rejected once and for all. We also were warned, that if we try to re-upload Melody again (even if changed), MrDots will be blacklisted permanently.
The most annoying part is, that they didn't even tell what EXACTLY (which girl) is supposed to be "off terms".
ANd finally on top of all that shit, we aren't allowed and/or able to contact staff of Steam to ask/discuss questions about the detailed reason for rejection.
They just act like a bunch of a-holes :poop:
1 other dev with high school/collegegirls had to change his game and make girls older even patreon saw game as ok and other was similar except it was now adult woman's flashback story (skippable) how she graduated from college/high school .

so to be safe chars needs to look like 20 years old so steam doesn't ban game.

It depends on what it is. You might be asked to resubmit because your store panels aren't setup correctly, for example. But they are pretty strict on content such as underage, rape, etc.
well 1 game got semi-ban from patreon due sleepsex aka repe and 1 near rape (or actual rape depending choice but 1 other game didn't even having sleepsex (alhough to get that point had to be in relationship with girls)

Last edited:

Hyperserver

often the biggest step forward is to "step back"
Donor
Jun 30, 2018
so to be safe chars needs to look like 20 years old so steam doesn't ban game.
Well - even for the story and our characters backgrounds, we need them to be adult. Our next games story will not work with minors anyways, so i guess we don't run into any issues like that

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
since patreon is once again on crusade against incest (even if it's fan made patch) i wonder what that means to dots-team.

Uthuriel

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 26, 2021
since patreon is once again on crusade against incest (even if it's fan made patch) i wonder what that means to dots-team.
Any dev that still uses Patreon deserves everything coming to them... they should have switched platform long ago...

• Haha
Reactions: cxx

Uthuriel

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 26, 2021
true but patreon has better visibility than subs.
Doesn't matter... the idiots here don't read the OP anyway... and I doubt that most devs get discovered on Patreon directly.
Might as well go full SubscibeStar at this point.
I realize that it's not easy to transition, but once it's done you're free.
You can also have both.
The devs that have only Patreon are the truly fucked ones...

Joshy92

Devoted Member
Mar 25, 2021
Shortcake is one of those girls I will remember forever.
I just love her so much. Ok guys I'll stop simping now I promise.

Reactions: RG80100
3.50 star(s) 267 Votes