cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
well that no incest etc on discord if game is at patreon could lead "few" devs getting booted from patreon due fan art.

Aug 30, 2021
tell me something new - we just wanted to end SL and start our new game. We know that we kind of messed up SL compared to DMD and Melody.
Sometimes it's better to acknowledge mistakes and start from something new rather than trying to tinker around something hopeless.
Oh, you messed up DMD too. First two chapters were amazing. Last two were repetitive and pandering. Just my view.

Kvafflem

Apr 4, 2023
on discord there are posts, talk and content which violates Patreon's ToS.
According to these ToS we are not allowed to link to any such platforms violating the ToS - so we aren't allowed to create or host any Discord server which contains material about DMD for example. So we decided NOT to maintain any official Discord, but people are free to create a fan based Server. (*wink)
Ah, I see. Makes sense.
What about the models though? I hope it's not a trade secret.

Anteron

Jun 17, 2023
Patreon really sucks. I've heard there's a good chance they stop allowing ANY adult content. Would be a disaster for the AVN community. There'd need to be a new way then. Of course that would be a large chunk of their income, too.

Hyperserver

often the biggest step forward is to "step back"
Donor
Jun 30, 2018
Patreon really sucks. I've heard there's a good chance they stop allowing ANY adult content. Would be a disaster for the AVN community. There'd need to be a new way then. Of course that would be a large chunk of their income, too.
devs already leaving patreon and move to Subscribestar.
The ONLY benefit of patreon left is, that they accept PayPal whilst SS only accepting CC
(though PayPal actually IS the problem on patreon afaik - as they force Patreon to ban such content)

If it wasn't for PayPal being the only way some subscribers want to pay with, we would have already closed our Patreon page at all tbh.

Mr. Chatty

Jul 19, 2023
devs already leaving patreon and move to Subscribestar.
The ONLY benefit of patreon left is, that they accept PayPal whilst SS only accepting CC
(though PayPal actually IS the problem on patreon afaik - as they force Patreon to ban such content)

If it wasn't for PayPal being the only way some subscribers want to pay with, we would have already closed our Patreon page at all tbh.
its 2024, does people don't have any clue about virtual cc or they aren't safe?

Hyperserver

Donor
Jun 30, 2018
its 2024, does people don't have any clue about virtual cc or they aren't safe?
maybe people just want to stay anonymous and not store their whole personal data (like adress). Also CC can easy be abused, as you only need the CC number and control number in some places to do transactions. I have 2 CC (one real and one virtual), but i use neither of them online. So - yes - people avoid CC online, me inclussive

Mr. Chatty

Jul 19, 2023
maybe people just want to stay anonymous and not store their whole personal data (like adress). Also CC can easy be abused, as you only need the CC number and control number in some places to do transactions. I have 2 CC (one real and one virtual), but i use neither of them online. So - yes - people avoid CC online, me inclussive
i mean if you are smart enough, there ought to be ways to stay anonymous while subscribing on subscribestar

Hyperserver

Donor
Jun 30, 2018
View attachment 3397120
again like i said you just have to be smart enough
really smart people just ignore shops where you are forced to use CC only - that's the problem.
It's not like there is only one shop and one creator - many many other games out there.
People don't want to study IT just to be able to "secure" their purchase for an adult VN.
ANd not everyone is "new generation" and knows how to fake ID and VPN.
Fact is, CC is same bullcrap as virtual currency like BC

Reactions: Anteron and tbz1983

Mr. Chatty

Jul 19, 2023
really smart people just ignore shops where you are forced to use CC only - that's the problem.
It's not like there is only one shop and one creator - many many other games out there.
People don't want to study IT just to be able to "secure" their purchase for an adult VN.
ANd not everyone is "new generation" and knows how to fake ID and VPN.
Fact is, CC is same bullcrap as virtual currency like BC
lol being stuck with the ordinary belief isn't anything smart.

you don't believe everyone who's supporting you on ss is STRAIGHT UP using their cc to subscribe? Risking their identity and credentials?

Hyperserver

Donor
Jun 30, 2018
lol being stuck with the ordinary belief isn't anything smart.

you don't believe everyone who's supporting you on ss is STRAIGHT UP using their cc to subscribe? Risking their identity and credentials?
i never said that - also i never said that we are 100% happy with SS. I just said that for now, SS is the best alternative for patreon (except billing issues) regarding ToS and handling content.

EDIT:
But aside that all, we are wayyyyyyyyyy out off-topic for this thread
We should stop before moderation deletes and maybe even closes the thread

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
many devs share content at f95 too so wonder if patreon wants to get it's tendrils to here too and there are fan art threads of questionable content.

Hyperserver

Donor
Jun 30, 2018
many devs share content at f95 too so wonder if patreon wants to get it's tendrils to here too and there are fan art threads of questionable content.
i guess it's a difference between Devs sharing their content actively, or player uploading pirated stuff which a dev can't control. Btw this is one more reason why Dots isn't over here at all

• Haha
Reactions: cxx

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
i guess it's a difference between Devs sharing their content actively, or player uploading pirated stuff which a dev can't control. Btw this is one more reason why Dots isn't over here at all
right. devs can't control 3rd party patches either but still they got under review.

still f95-users get very creative on fan art threads and that's next potential risk.

3.50 star(s) 269 Votes