Ottoeight

Forum Fanatic
Mar 13, 2021
We all agree that MC is a spineless douchebag .....
I promise that MC in next game is a different kind who knows exacrly what he wants.
And next MC will have WAYYYYYYY less inner monologues though
Just to be clear: I really enjoyed Melody, and I really enjoyed Sunshine Love. And I liked the Melody cameos in Sunshine Love :)

Reactions: John-18

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
IMO, Sunshine Love 2 is needed to clarify all doubts and satisfy players a little more.
well it'd have same problem as incenton games had aka after 2nd game on their best known game series there will be no 3rd since it wouldn't be that interesting and they'd need to canonize either of main endings and this has like million endings.

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
well then endings with nic would been pointless.
I don't really see how..? MC could simply have option to stay and go to the girl of his choice (which would especially make sense if he's already broke up with Nicole) instead of getting into that stupid plane. This wouldn't affect endings where he does decide to get in the stupid plane to actually be with Nicole.

Anteron

Jun 17, 2023
I hated the ending, but never cheated the numbers and deleted after, which was before the newer one was put out. At least MC wasn't alone - he wound up with Connie. She was cute, but there were better choices.

ThorinKing

Engaged Member
Feb 16, 2023
We all agree that MC is a spineless douchebag .....
I promise that MC in next game is a different kind who knows exacrly what he wants.
And next MC will have WAYYYYYYY less inner monologues though
So just mindless fucking in the next one? That should appeal to most folks here that are only around for the fapping. Will you be dropping the "N" and just call it an AV loop?

Uthuriel

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 26, 2021
So just mindless fucking in the next one? That should appeal to most folks here that are only around for the fapping. Will you be dropping the "N" and just call it an AV loop?
That's not what he said though...
Not sure why you think that a MC that knows what he wants with less unnecessary inner monologue equates to "mindless fuckfest".

Hyperserver

often the biggest step forward is to "step back"
Donor
Jun 30, 2018
nope - you should know us better. We don't do "just fucking games".
A more confident MC with spine has nothing to do with "just fucking around"

MAGO-DAG

Engaged Member
Sep 1, 2023
OMG, what did I read here, it’s been a long time since I came into this thread... 1353222092104.gif

While people Mc is judging everything, I noticed something, and I just want to turn to Mc future for fun... Dude, I wish you knew what to expect with this beauty!
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
:coffee: :KEK:

Reactions: Jerk-man

ThorinKing

Engaged Member
Feb 16, 2023
nope - you should know us better. We don't do "just fucking games".
A more confident MC with spine has nothing to do with "just fucking around"
This guy might have gone on a little too far at times, but you can't have a realistic MC without a little introspection, unless what you're going for is a simpleton manwhore or a sociopath. I've tried VNs with both of those types, and abandoned them within a couple of releases. With all the commentary I've seen on all the threads I follow, I know we have scads of fans for both of those, but I think those are on the extremes, not necessarily the sweet spot.

Hyperserver

Donor
Jun 30, 2018
This guy might have gone on a little too far at times, but you can't have a realistic MC without a little introspection, unless what you're going for is a simpleton manwhore or a sociopath. I've tried VNs with both of those types, and abandoned them within a couple of releases. With all the commentary I've seen on all the threads I follow, I know we have scads of fans for both of those, but I think those are on the extremes, not necessarily the sweet spot.
i didn't say the next MC is completely out of thoughts or a psychopath.
But what we did wrong in SL and what we want to change in next game is situations like:
MC (thinking):
Oh, she has a stunning body. Maybe i should spy on her. But it's not normal to spy on your sister. I shouldn't do that - she might catch me.
1.) peep on her nevertheless
2.) go away
There is no need to have such inner monologue. The player is the one leading MC's choices. So the player should be the one having such thoughts. We shouldn't tell the player what he/she has to think. It's more immersive when players make their own thoughts about what to do and why to do and maybe even feel the consequences.
It just would be weird to script "second thoughts" or even "morality" and let the player act the opposite way. Same goes other way around. If we would make the player having thoughts like a douchebag, the player will be upset too (see for example the flight at the end of SL).
We want the player to be more free in his own thoughts and being able to act that way he wants to play based on his own morality, and not based on a scripted one.

This has been the main "issue" i managed to convince MrDots to change about the games. And he liked my point of view. That's the reason i was called into the core team to develop the story arcs. Also my job is to "proofread" the scenes once they are written by Hearsz and change/tweak scenes where they "fall back into old habbits".
As the first release scenes are already written, i can assure you, that the mentionned "issues" are "solved" in "Thief of Hearts". It will be again a game with a main story arc like a novel, and not just a senseless fuck feast. Also this time there will be a dedicated possible full harem ending right from the start (on players choice).
(Sidenote: one of the main Sidegirls (we get to see her in first update for a short scene already) , having massive impact on the story the one way or the other, has been more or less my doing. She is exactly as i wanted her to be - by character, background story and her looks.)

Last edited:

Hyperserver

Donor
Jun 30, 2018
Especially when it goes on for an entire scene.

My rule of thumb is if internal monologue goes beyond 4-5 lines, it's way too much... and even 5 is pushing it.
actually even more than 2 lines is too much (few exceptions - for example if MC has to be quiet because there are others around him). Some scenes aren't going to work without inner monologue. But it will be a HUGE difference compared to the previous games.

• Red Heart
Reactions: FatGiant

GetOutOfMyLab

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Aug 13, 2021
actually even more than 2 lines is too much (few exceptions - for example if MC has to be quiet because there are others around him). Some scenes aren't going to work without inner monologue. But it will be a HUGE difference compared to the previous games.
I don't disagree... 4-5 is on the high end because I wanted to be nice.

Will Dots team be dialing back the use of "Hmmm..." as well? :HideThePain:

3.50 star(s) 267 Votes