hanumania

Jul 12, 2023
I don't wish to be reminded of the suffering of old age and a slow death. I don't mind the aforementioned delusions in AVNs. It's rather jarring to me to suddenly see an old lady trying to jump my bones. To each their own.

Reactions: faramata

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
I don't wish to be reminded of the suffering of old age and a slow death. I don't mind the aforementioned delusions in AVNs. It's rather jarring to me to suddenly see an old lady trying to jump my bones. To each their own.
avoid indecent desires, on that you see and fuck at least once great-great-gilfs who for sure look like actual age.

RG80100

Feb 23, 2018
Between first preview and 0.01 of Sunshine Love : 3 months and they worked on DMD too at this time.

Aaron138

Mar 31, 2018
I'm new to the game and I was hoping to go with childhood friend route but here alot of people hate her. Can I know the reason behind it. So that I can know to pursue her route or not.

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
I'm new to the game and I was hoping to go with childhood friend route but here alot of people hate her. Can I know the reason behind it. So that I can know to pursue her route or not.
Some people don't like how the sister pretty much tricks the MC into coming to help her with promise of good payment when in reality she's flat out broke. Others don't like she's "mandatory" love interest in early part of the game, with her and MC engaging in sexual activities even if the player wants to pursue other option(s) exclusively.

But ultimately i wouldn't bother with other people's opinions. Play the game and pursue her if you like her, or don't if you don't. Who cares what others think.

Reactions: K.T.L. and _Gaalec_

ThorinKing

Feb 16, 2023
Overwhelmingly, the people that hate it are those that think they were forced into it. They want all things optional and nothing canon forced upon them.

Skeltom

Engaged Member
Oct 9, 2017
We all agree that MC is a spineless douchebag .....
I promise that MC in next game is a different kind who knows exacrly what he wants.
And next MC will have WAYYYYYYY less inner monologues though
i didn't say the next MC is completely out of thoughts or a psychopath.
But what we did wrong in SL and what we want to change in next game is situations like:
MC (thinking):
Oh, she has a stunning body. Maybe i should spy on her. But it's not normal to spy on your sister. I shouldn't do that - she might catch me.
1.) peep on her nevertheless
2.) go away
There is no need to have such inner monologue. The player is the one leading MC's choices. So the player should be the one having such thoughts. We shouldn't tell the player what he/she has to think. It's more immersive when players make their own thoughts about what to do and why to do and maybe even feel the consequences.
It just would be weird to script "second thoughts" or even "morality" and let the player act the opposite way. Same goes other way around. If we would make the player having thoughts like a douchebag, the player will be upset too (see for example the flight at the end of SL).
We want the player to be more free in his own thoughts and being able to act that way he wants to play based on his own morality, and not based on a scripted one.

This has been the main "issue" i managed to convince MrDots to change about the games. And he liked my point of view. That's the reason i was called into the core team to develop the story arcs. Also my job is to "proofread" the scenes once they are written by Hearsz and change/tweak scenes where they "fall back into old habbits".
As the first release scenes are already written, i can assure you, that the mentionned "issues" are "solved" in "Thief of Hearts". It will be again a game with a main story arc like a novel, and not just a senseless fuck feast. Also this time there will be a dedicated possible full harem ending right from the start (on players choice).
(Sidenote: one of the main Sidegirls (we get to see her in first update for a short scene already) , having massive impact on the story the one way or the other, has been more or less my doing. She is exactly as i wanted her to be - by character, background story and her looks.)
Those two post give me a modicum of hope that things may be improving. The inner monologues alone were enough for me to not even finish SuLo. If that is really changing hopefully the needlessly fluffed dialogues will follow suite. Those two things have been an issue for the vast majority of players but it was particularly bad in the latest game.

Just a humble request from some nobody. Please, tone down the sixteen paragraph long inner monologue recaps at the end and beginning of each day... The player's memory is better than a goldfish's, we remember what happened two minutes ago.

• Love
Reactions: Bloodguard

Hyperserver

often the biggest step forward is to "step back"
Donor
Jun 30, 2018
Just a humble request from some nobody. Please, tone down the sixteen paragraph long inner monologue recaps at the end and beginning of each day... The player's memory is better than a goldfish's, we remember what happened two minutes ago.
a player stating his opinion in a fair and civil manner is not "some nobody".
And yes, as i already promised before - such monologues will not happen again in new game

NukaCola

Engaged Member
Jul 1, 2017
a player stating his opinion in a fair and civil manner is not "some nobody".
And yes, as i already promised before - such monologues will not happen again in new game
I will believe it when I see it. The same monologues are in all three of Mrdot games. DMD, Melody and this one. If they really want to change it they will do it already.

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
I will believe it when I see it. The same monologues are in all three of Mrdot games. DMD, Melody and this one. If they really want to change it they will do it already.
well we'll see soonish.

Hyperserver

often the biggest step forward is to "step back"
Donor
Jun 30, 2018
well - these past games were before my proofreading and my "veto". I know the new scenes already - and therefore i know that they are now different. Basically my only job, for which i am hired, is to help creating the setup of scenes, proofread scenes, beta testing, making sure that we keep the changes ongoing and make sure we don't fall back into old habits.

• Haha
Reactions: ffive, cxx and VND6
3.50 star(s) 268 Votes