Joshy92

Devoted Member
Mar 25, 2021
Hi Hyperserver I was wondering if you could answer a question for me?

Will each chapter on steam be a separate download or will it all combine into one when the other chapters release?

Hyperserver

often the biggest step forward is to "step back"
Donor
Jun 30, 2018
Hi Hyperserver I was wondering if you could answer a question for me?

Will each chapter on steam be a separate download or will it all combine into one when the other chapters release?
absolutely unsure for now.
We don't even know if we can publish SL on STEAM at all becasue of the looks of Shortcake and Kristen. We never confirmed to release on steam at all - all we said is that we MIGHT try to release over there in future.
Not sure why this has been false carried over here.
We even try more to release ToH on Steam....
.... Anyways, there are no current efforts to release there after Melody has been declined.
I don't know if you are aware of their conditions, but once a game is declined by ANY moderator for any reason, the game is blacklisted forever (you aren't even allowed to change things and retry to publish.
There are actually 4-5 moderators to review, 4 of them are reasonable person, but one of them is known to reject every VN of this genre for some reason where something "illegal/immoral" is even hinted.
So the risk to lose a game's sale over there is quite a number.

And yes - just for the record:
MELODY has been rejected and been blacklisted because of "illegal sexual content" - It's a joke, but unfortunately the truth:
(coincidence that she is a female, while the others who approved other games are male? - just thinking) 1723572672090.png

Last edited:

Joshy92

Devoted Member
Mar 25, 2021
We don't even know if we can publish SL on STEAM at all becasue of the looks of Shortcake and Kristen. We never confirmed to release on steam at all - all we said is that we MIGHT try to release over there in future (mainly focussed on ToH to be released).
Not sure why this has been false carried over here.
We even try more to release ToH on Steam....
.... Anyways, there are no current efforts to release there after Melody has been declined.
I don't know if you are aware of their conditions, but once a game is declined by ANY moderator for any reason, the game is blacklisted forever (you aren't even allowed to change things and retry to publish.
There are actually 4-5 moderators to review, 4 of them are reasonable person, but one of them is known to reject every VN of this genre for some reason where something "illegal/immoral" is even hinted.
So the risk to lose a game's sale over there is quite a number.

And yes - just for the record:
MELODY has been rejected and been blacklisted because of "illegal sexual content" - It's ajoke, but unfortunately the truth:
(coincidence that she is a female, while the others who approved other games are male? - just thinking) View attachment 3928623
Yeah, I know who you mean a dev I talked to had his game removed even though it to was up to wishlist I even had it added to mine when it was taken down.

Anyway, I have also added this just in hope and I really hope it works out for you and your team dude.
It's a damn shame we can't have great games like Melody & DmD on steam.

Reactions: Hyperserver

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
We don't even know if we can publish SL on STEAM at all becasue of the looks of Shortcake and Kristen.
don't remember kristen from sl but i do remember kristina. :p

Anyway, I have also added this just in hope and I really hope it works out for you and your team dude.
It's a damn shame we can't have great games like Melody & DmD on steam.
well dmd got rejected due sameish reasons.

Dogorti

Engaged Member
Jan 23, 2021
Those games were rejected for lolilike characters, right? It's strange because I've seen a few games with lolilke characters on Steam. Something that angers me is that there is no unified criterion when approving games and it depends on the arbitrary decision of one person. Well it's what it is i guess.

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
Those games were rejected for lolilike characters, right? It's strange because I've seen a few games with lolilke characters on Steam. Something that angers me is that there is no unified criterion when approving games and it depends on the arbitrary decision of one person. Well it's what it is i guess.
that was 1 reason. jap games/comics have plenty of lolis.

MiltonPowers

Formerly 'Milton749'
Jul 26, 2023
And the no right of appeal, or be able to attempt to fix what they want and reapply. That is ridiculous.

3.50 star(s) 272 Votes