Cernunnos.

May 27, 2017
So the MC's girlfriend, sister, and father are all pretty manipulative...this is gonna be a deep hole for the game to climb out of for me.

• Angry
Reactions: DDDIsReal

yltohawk

Mar 19, 2019
So the MC's girlfriend, sister, and father are all pretty manipulative...this is gonna be a deep hole for the game to climb out of for me.
Manipulation is just a fact of life. In every relationship manipulation is present in some form. Practiced by all to some degree or another, and it's human nature to try to get your way. It's not that the person who is attempting to manipulate another is bad automatically, you need to consider the underlying motivations before assessing negative connotations to the act.

1. The girlfriend; She manipulates from a position of fear, of financial distress, and the unknown, Being a lawyer she has been trained to manipulate as part of her everyday world. I see no malice in her intent so I overlook it.

2. The sister; She Lied because she hoped to gain a little time to get your family bonds to kick in before hitting you with the truth. Deceptive as it was you have the choice to accept helping her of walk away so it's your call to decide. Then you are in a position to manipulate her as her big brother, again no malice.

3. The Father; Show me what father with a military background isn't going to attempt to use the Military Service as a motivational tool. The threat of enlistment of their child in a branch of the Armed Forces is nothing new. It is the last option available to him before accepting the fact that his is a losing battle and I see this as typical behavior.

So I really don't see where this big hole your describing is located at. Nor do I see any problems with the story as written, In fact I see this as a start to anther awesome MrDots slam dunk.

Last edited:

Cernunnos.

May 27, 2017
Manipulation is just a fact of life. In every relationship manipulation is present in some form. Practiced by all to some degree or another, and it's human nature to try to get your way. It's not that the person who is attempting to manipulate another is bad automatically, you need to consider the underlying motivations before assessing negative connotations to the act.

1. The girlfriend; She manipulates from a position of fear, of financial distress, and the unknown, Being a lawyer she has been trained to manipulate as part of her everyday world. I see no malice in her intent so I overlook it.

2. The sister; She Lied because she hoped to gain a little time to get your family bonds to kick in before hitting you with the truth. Deceptive as it was you have the choice to accept helping her of walk away so it's your call to decide. Then you are in a position to manipulate her.

3. The Father; Show me what father with a military background isn't going to attempt to use the Military Service as a motivational tool. The threat of enlistment of their child in a branch of the Armed Forces is nothing new. It is the last option available to him before accepting the fact that his is a losing battle and I see this as typical behavior.

So I really don't see where this big hole your describing is located at. Nor do I see any problems with the story as written, In fact I see this as a start to anther awesome MrDots slam dunk.
I don't particularly care where the manipulation comes from; I immediately dislike said characters. The girlfriend decides to offload the MC as her problem and the sister outright lies to drag you into her problems despite a decade of absence. They are all starting from a net negative position for me as I despise manipulative individuals as a rule.

• Angry
Reactions: DDDIsReal

Blayo

Dec 27, 2017
Just from reading his signature you know that it's gotta be his way or the highway, so you are 100% right. Completely useless to engage in any kind of debate.

• Angry
Reactions: Cernunnos.

Cernunnos.

May 27, 2017
Just from reading his signature you know that it's gotta be his way or the highway, so you are 100% right. Completely useless to engage in any kind of debate.
Well excuse the fuck out of me for expressing my opinion about characters and being attacked without warrant for them and then the attacker turning around and calling discussion meritless because I held to my views?

Cernunnos.

May 27, 2017
Well, maybe this isn't the game for you. That's OK, but do we really need to know that?
Maybe you hadn't noticed that there are multiple characters to romance and -gasp- I might enjoy their story. I spoke of two that rubbed me the wrong way and got attacked for that. What is it with the folks immediately jumping to, you shouldn't play this game if you don't like EVERYTHING about it? Seriously this kind of zealotry towards of anyone who criticizes anything in the game isn't healthy.

tiofrodo

Nov 19, 2017
Man, it was interesting in the start, especially because this game kinda seemed interested in the relationship aspect, but the more it kept going the more disappointing it became, of course Sister is a incompetent fool that doesn't even try to run the business properly until the MC is in the scene, of course she was sexually assaulted in the end of this chapter because she made the bad choice of not agreeing with the MC.
Hey, at least we don't have women that know nothing about sex... yet.

• Angry
Reactions: Osamabeenfappin

Real Kreten

Apr 10, 2020
Hey, game looks very promising. I also appreciate the shift in MC's relations with others. In past games, it sometimes seemed strange to me how everything MC said was “gold”. Talking to Nicky and to sister is much more like when guys try to talk with women in real. Everything men say something, it end in disaster.

Anyway, at first I was looking forward to MC seeing his sister again. Before that happened, I was looking forward to coming back to Nicky. Then you add a surfer and more. I hope I don't get lost when the paths start to branch.

Otherwise, I read criticism for sister in the thread. Although her statement MY HOTEL was bad. She is a dreamer, the MC is result-oriented. They complement each other. While the MC will teache sister how to achieve the goals, she will teache him to enjoy life dough. She will also help him find what he wants from life. MC is a lawyer obviously because of Nicky, not because of himself.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jeff Steel

peggyleenou

Feb 2, 2019
Never played any games from Mr.Dots before. This one is a pleasant surprise (yet). I like the girls, from skinny young adults to voluptuous milfs. The story has potential. I don't hate slowburners, but I hope the complexity of running a hotel won't change to a grindfest.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reactions: Jeff Steel

Irgendwie Irgendwo

Engaged Member
Jun 30, 2018
well they could get rid of them for starters.. an unnecessary gimmick
Well, for once in life there are two easy solutions.

Don't like the "Ooooo, Donut!" sound when you collect one? Turn it off in the options.
Don't like collecting lewd pics by looking for donuts? Ignore them!

fishbrain

Engaged Member
Apr 9, 2018
Crap! I should better prepare myself for these updates that I think I can play in an hour. lol

Damn you for your annoying but eventually catchy songs!
Love all the subtle references... I can get 70 miles to the gallon on this hog. Had me ROLLING.
Why did I have to pick Lucas as my name? Damn it.

Clearly another masterpiece in the making.

armion82

Devoted Member
Mar 28, 2017
I don't particularly care where the manipulation comes from; I immediately dislike said characters. The girlfriend decides to offload the MC as her problem and the sister outright lies to drag you into her problems despite a decade of absence. They are all starting from a net negative position for me as I despise manipulative individuals as a rule.
Then how you even menage to get a relationship in RL,if you dislike so much people who manipulate you?
You do realise that even your cat/dog or whatever animal can easily manipulate you?What about little kids?
Or your motehr/father/sister/brother?
So you what-throw them away the moment they did that?

Xarin

Apr 29, 2018
Then how you even menage to get a relationship in RL,if you dislike so much people who manipulate you?
You do realise that even your cat/dog or whatever animal can easily manipulate you?What about little kids?
Or your motehr/father/sister/brother?
So you what-throw them away the moment they did that?
Man, reading this sort of shit is sad. The fact that people are so used to having shitty relationships with others and are have accepted it. If you have a manipulative relationship with someone, they don't care about you, and the best thing you can do is leave that relationship. Remember, even if they are your family, they can still be shitty people.

armion82

Devoted Member
Mar 28, 2017
Man, reading this sort of shit is sad. The fact that people are so used to having shitty relationships with others and are have accepted it. If you have a manipulative relationship with someone, they don't care about you, and the best thing you can do is leave that relationship. Remember, even if they are your family, they can still be shitty people.
We are not talking for hardest manipulation.Everyone do it.Even you,don't lie.And no that doesn't mean the person don't care about you.It can be the other way around.They manipulate you to do something because they care and love you.I saw this many times with people that have some addiction and don't want to get a help.

goobdoob

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Respected User
Dec 17, 2017
Maybe you hadn't noticed that there are multiple characters to romance and -gasp- I might enjoy their story. I spoke of two that rubbed me the wrong way and got attacked for that. What is it with the folks immediately jumping to, you shouldn't play this game if you don't like EVERYTHING about it? Seriously this kind of zealotry towards of anyone who criticizes anything in the game isn't healthy.
Your post was very...forceful. My take from reading it is you were very upset by the game. That, combined with your signature, leaves me with the impression that you are very rigid in thinking, and very strongly dislike things that are not just right. I might be completely off in that assessment, but that's the impression I'm getting.

3.50 star(s) 267 Votes