L0MBR0

Jan 19, 2020
i played this today. With all that the characters in Mr dots talk about, the scene of the breakup with Nicole seemed to me to be lacking of passion, of meaning. Nicole calls him because she has been terribly afraid of losing the Mc, and a moment ago the mc was thinking that he believed that Nicole was the final one, although with doubts. And suddenly the Mc, the player, says to break (ok up to here) but she answers as if they were talking about the weather, everything seems fine to her. But you have not called out of fear of losing him and now it seems ok and you do not fight or discuss the decision even a little?
I think the dev did not like the criticism about the first scene he did and now he has brushed it off with minimal effort in the development of that scene. So although I wanted to break up with Nicole, as it happened, it left me with a strange feeling, like that the five years they had been together meant nothing to either of them.
That's because the dev's all about her being a cuckqueen now. You either accept it or break up with her, no salvaging what you had for the past five years. Dropped this like a bad habit after that.

Reactions: LSC82

jaw1986baby

Chasing Redhead sm0ls
Donor
Jun 2, 2017
That's because the dev's all about her being a cuckqueen now. You either accept it or break up with her, no salvaging what you had for the past five years. Dropped this like a bad habit after that.
The idea that MC would spend 3 months far away from Nicky surrounded by sexy women including his sister trying to get with him only to remain faithful was never EVER where this was going, in spite of MrDots originally leaving it as a choice. The fact that they were going to go with Nicky getting sexually aroused by the thought of MC fucking other women meant they would have revisited the faithful status with permission to play eventually. Everything just came to a head and got derailed when people exploded over the lack of a breakup choice because so many people disliked Nicky.

So they changed open relationship to default and a day later you can break up fully. Faithful to Nicky can be done by open relationship and refusing to fuck anyone then only handjobs from the sister are cheating but Nicky is almost certainly going to forgive you because she wants to watch once it comes down to it.

L0MBR0

Jan 19, 2020
The idea that MC would spend 3 months far away from Nicky surrounded by sexy women including his sister trying to get with him only to remain faithful was never EVER where this was going, in spite of MrDots originally leaving it as a choice. The fact that they were going to go with Nicky getting sexually aroused by the thought of MC fucking other women meant they would have revisited the faithful status with permission to play eventually. Everything just came to a head and got derailed when people exploded over the lack of a breakup choice because so many people disliked Nicky.

So they changed open relationship to default and a day later you can break up fully. Faithful to Nicky can be done by open relationship and refusing to fuck anyone then only handjobs from the sister are cheating but Nicky is almost certainly going to forgive you because she wants to watch once it comes down to it.
Nicole could have been a proper LI with her own story arc but that would have meant too much work which they openly admitted (though they were going back and forth with the idea from the start) and hence explain the inconstant and frankly piss poor writing Ursus4321 was alluding to. I also don't think you'll be able to avoid sex with the sister or 12 year old.

Reactions: wrx21 and Ursus4321

MattShizzle

Oct 31, 2019
It was Nicole's idea to go for open relationship. Just because she hasn't gone for it. She can be a bit of a bitch, too it seems.

MattShizzle

Oct 31, 2019
Nicole could have been a proper LI with her own story arc but that would have meant too much work which they openly admitted (though they were going back and forth with the idea from the start) and hence explain the inconstant and frankly piss poor writing Ursus4321 was alluding to. I also don't think you'll be able to avoid sex with the sister or 12 year old.

There is no 12 year old. Says right in description younger ones are 18. She looks a LOT more 18 than 12.

LSC82

Jul 27, 2020
It was Nicole's idea to go for open relationship. Just because she hasn't gone for it. She can be a bit of a bitch, too it seems.
I know "in universe" it has been a five year long relationship so it's reasonable that she is very concerned about the MCs future prospects, stability and all those things we have to deal with as adults.

But for us, players, who are just meeting her it's a horrible turn off.
On one hand we have all these pretty girls who can't wait to get in bed with you, on the other there's this girl who can't enjoy sex, and is having second thoughts, because you lost your job... we all know which side is winning.

Then comes her slutty sister and makes a dubious suggestion, i'm already thinking "how can i ditch her to focus on these new chicks" and she makes a proposal that at first view sounds NTRish (if people in this thread are correct the purpose of that was to make her a cuckqueen, but when i first heard it in game, it sounded like she wants to fuck other dudes) so everything is playing against her.

Last edited:

L0MBR0

Jan 19, 2020
I know "in universe" it has been a five year long relationship so it's reasonable that she is very concerned about the MCs future prospects, stability and all those things we have to deal with as adults.

But for us, players, who are just meeting her it's a horrible turn off.
On one hand we have all these pretty girls who can't wait to get in bed with you, on the other there's this girl who can't enjoy sex because you lost your job... we all know which side is winning.

Then comes her slutty sister and makes a dubious suggestion, i'm already thinking "how can i ditch her to focus on these new chicks" and she makes a proposal that at first view sounds NTRish (if people in this thread are correct the purpose of that was to make her a cuckqueen, but when i first heard it in game, it sounded like she wants to fuck other dudes) so everything is playing against her.
This pretty much, but I blame the dev. They obviously weren't sure which way to go and although they won't admit to it, they did go NTRish in the beginning. When duckface mentioned a threesome Nicole's reply was with another dude, like WTF? They were asking for shit. I still have the version where you can say hell no to her open relationship suggestion and then she apologises to the MC and they're back to working it out but next thing you know, cuckqueen.

jonahmonah

Dec 20, 2019
(MrDots Games - Unofficial Fan Page)

HearszAM (The Chief)

Everyone For those of you who are a MrDots Subscribestar or Patreon member, and you've been having issues loading or playing SL version 5, he has attached a Win32 version download link (available for MEGA & WeTransfer) to the **"Sunshine Love v0.0.5 Extras Included"** post. Hopefully this resolves the issues that some of you have been having. Apologies for any inconvenience caused. **Patreon post**

Has anyone tried this Win32 version yet?

ImperialD

Devoted Member
Oct 24, 2019
i'm disappointed that this game was made in only 64 bit ... before it came in 32 bit also ... why the sudden change ?? its quite upsetting that a game i loved so much .. i can't play anymore :mad:

MOAR Cowbell

Apr 20, 2018
i'm disappointed that this game was made in only 64 bit ... before it came in 32 bit also ... why the sudden change ?? its quite upsetting that a game i loved so much .. i can't play anymore :mad:
Think it's something to do with the latest version of Ren'Py.

ImperialD

Devoted Member
Oct 24, 2019
Think it's something to do with the latest version of Ren'Py.
ren'py 7.4 has both 64 and 32 ... so thats a no ..... and besides that i couldn't play that version anyways .. it wants you to be running gl2.0 or higher ... which means i would be forced to buy a better video card :mad:

MOAR Cowbell

Apr 20, 2018
ren'py 7.4 has both 64 and 32 ... so thats a no ..... and besides that i couldn't play that version anyways .. it wants you to be running gl2.0 or higher ... which means i would be forced to buy a better video card :mad:
Don't know myself, only MrDots will know why. I just put that because a lot of VN's recently have dropped 32 bit or have 64 bit and 32 bit .exe files

ImperialD

Devoted Member
Oct 24, 2019
Don't know myself, only MrDots will know why. I just put that because a lot of VN's recently have dropped 32 bit or have 64 bit and 32 bit .exe files
i know .. so far i've lost the ability to play close to 50 games .. that i loved playing :mad:
and i only have like 7 or 8 left :cry:

• Sad
Reactions: MOAR Cowbell

cklaubur

Apr 2, 2018
i know .. so far i've lost the ability to play close to 50 games .. that i loved playing :mad:
and i only have like 7 or 8 left :cry:
I always wondered if it had something to do with reports I've been seeing about the 32-bit executable possibly triggering false positives from some antivirus programs.

Reactions: Darkaura
3.50 star(s) 270 Votes