rahkshi01

Dec 31, 2018
Hey Knight of Solace something I have been curious about and can't find if it has been asked or addressed yet. That girl we met in the beginning, the blonde, will we ever see her again? Will we have any interaction with her, random, plot wise, or even optional love interest? Also how will the relationship with Lovestruck progress? Will she forever remain an enemy or will she also one day be a possible love interest as well?

uamkt

Mar 3, 2020
We've loved to prophesize on Discord that the girl on the train is the missing sister...Also going down this rabbit hole we think shes the cat too...lolthe rest I'll let solace respond to, tho I thought once upon a time ago he said lovestruck was going to be a li...soooooo

Reactions: Knight of Solace

Knight of Solace

Developer of: Superheroes Suck!
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2019
Hey Knight of Solace something I have been curious about and can't find if it has been asked or addressed yet. That girl we met in the beginning, the blonde, will we ever see her again? Will we have any interaction with her, random, plot wise, or even optional love interest? Also how will the relationship with Lovestruck progress? Will she forever remain an enemy or will she also one day be a possible love interest as well?
You will definitely see her again.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Bmagada and haooni

NewTricks

Forum Fanatic
Nov 1, 2017
Please do not do that.

I have acknowledged many times that the game's sandbox needs work, but I also enjoy the sandbox aspect of my game. What you are describing isn't a mod - it's a completely different release of the game.

Superheroes Suck was not meant to flow from event to event. The passage of time itself is controlled by the sandbox. When I talk about revisiting the issue in the future closer towards the game's end, that is because I recognize the amount of work that would need to go into making such a leap in narrative pacing possible. Effectively, every single event would need another event in between them to make the transition smooth. We're talking doubling the size of the game. This is why it's not even possible for me to consider right now.

Not to mention a good portion of work that goes into the game with every release now is addressing the lack of content in the sandbox, which would then not fit in this framework. You would lose roughly a fourth of the content with a change like this, or have the same jumpy transitions you have now anyway, except I would have no ability to correct it whatsoever.

The Sandbox environment makes it easier for me to create, to maintain, to bug fix, and to provide overall support. I am dedicated to fixing the Sandbox for these reasons; it's just better for me overall as a developer. The production issues I am experiencing with the game has nothing to do with the sandbox and everything to do with the amount of time and budget I have at my disposal to work on Superheroes Suck. Those are the things that need to be changed for a more efficient production pipeline. I'm hoping to save up my earnings this year for a beefier computer next year.
I'm about at anti-sandbox as you can get. There are some pretty great games that I just can't play because if I have to simulate one more nap because I can't figure out what else to do I will scream. Even so, I've never had a problem with the limited sandbox of this game. In fact, the only problem I've ever had with it is just wishing that it was expanded outside the school a bit more. Maybe repeatable patrol events or something because just sitting at the school lifting weights and fucking whoever is raiding the fridge gets tedious.

HogRocket

Engaged Member
Jun 8, 2020
Just got around to playing the last update. I love the "Riley stopped to put her jacket on" "Riley stopped to take her jacket off" explanations that really mean "I rendered one set of scenes with Riley's jacket on and one set with it off" :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

As a Daz user I fully understand that :oops::LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: Dragon59

trauts

Aug 12, 2018
I think there's a bug in Riley's hints for v1.551
1689545134049.png
elif timeofday >= 2 and rb_event_31 >= 1 and rb_event_32 >= 1 and rb_event_33 >= 1 and rb_event_34 >= 1 and rb_event_35 >= 1 and (weekdate == 1 or weekdate == 4) and rb_event_36 <= 1:
isn't weekdate 1=Monday and 4=Thursday?

Knight of Solace

Developer of: Superheroes Suck!
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2019
I think there's a bug in Riley's hints for v1.551
View attachment 2776472
elif timeofday >= 2 and rb_event_31 >= 1 and rb_event_32 >= 1 and rb_event_33 >= 1 and rb_event_34 >= 1 and rb_event_35 >= 1 and (weekdate == 1 or weekdate == 4) and rb_event_36 <= 1:
isn't weekdate 1=Monday and 4=Thursday?
You are correct and incorrect.

1 = Monday and 4 = Thursday, that's true.

But this trigger is set at night, meaning that it will trigger Monday night and thus the event will fire Tuesday morning, accurate to the hint.

Bobbylee69

Nov 19, 2020
I'm not sure if this has already been addressed, but there seems to be a contradiction in Queen Unbreakable saying when her powers manifested. She initially said it was when she was 18 when MC first arrives at the academy but then when she was testing MC's powers mentioned that she knew she had powers after her daughter was born.

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
I'm not sure if this has already been addressed, but there seems to be a contradiction in Queen Unbreakable saying when her powers manifested. She initially said it was when she was 18 when MC first arrives at the academy but then when she was testing MC's powers mentioned that she knew she had powers after her daughter was born.
Perhaps she was 18 when her daughter was born?

Reactions: S1nsational

uamkt

Mar 3, 2020
solace's update tonight

Hey everyone,

I am somehow alive. By that, I mean the Early Build is uploading and there won't be a hiatus for Superheroes Suck. I'm still hurt pretty bad, so I'm still taking it easy, but it's not as bad as it was even a few days ago.

The early build will release with five events! Two major story ones that will nicely set up the next update, and then another bevy of Riley development! I'm... actually very happy with them. I was worried that my current predicament would lead to a severe drop in story quality, but it's just as good as I'd hoped.

Aside from the injury still plaguing me, there were also time-consuming visual overhauls for Kelly Clark and Miranda Keegan that slowed production. It was these overhauls more than anything that dropped the initial seven events I wanted down to the current five. I usually post progress pictures of these, and you might have seen a few in the Discord, but I didn't want to bother uploading them to Patreon as they feature in literally the upcoming release. The one day. And the public one next week, of course. I know that you'll all like them!

Anyway, that's it for me this week. You can expect the Early Build posted soon!

Thank you for all of your support,

~Solace

Redranger17

Sep 3, 2018
just restarted on the game, and just noticed a little detail in the self-study sessions that made me wonder. was the Dutch book intentional?

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
just restarted on the game, and just noticed a little detail in the self-study sessions that made me wonder. was the Dutch book intentional?
who knows, could be random daz asset like on other game has book about killing batman and dev just liked it.

Feb 15, 2018
I am somehow alive. By that, I mean the Early Build is uploading and there won't be a hiatus for Superheroes Suck. I'm still hurt pretty bad, so I'm still taking it easy, but it's not as bad as it was even a few days ago.
Glad they're okay, but I'm just tuning in: what happened? sickness, surgery, car accident?

Reactions: S1nsational
4.10 star(s) 87 Votes