STNeish

Mar 20, 2020
So... downloaded the new update... but I'm not sure what's been added. All the story bars for all the characters are full, and there seems to be nothing to DO beyond what's been done (ie. hookups in the library, bathroom and such).

What am I missing?

Someone posted something about sleeping alone, and visiting the garage... I've done that for 15 game-days in a row with nothing happening.

moskyx

Engaged Member
Jun 17, 2019
So... downloaded the new update... but I'm not sure what's been added. All the story bars for all the characters are full, and there seems to be nothing to DO beyond what's been done (ie. hookups in the library, bathroom and such).

What am I missing?

Someone posted something about sleeping alone, and visiting the garage... I've done that for 15 game-days in a row with nothing happening.
There's something you are not telling us, then... like maybe having a mod installed? In my last update's save, I go to sleep the first night after loading it and I just can't call any girl for the cuddling session, I'm forced to sleep alone and the journalist scene is automatically triggered. Then, visiting the garage once triggers the Detective scene. And of course, on Sunday morning I got the last bit of Riley's massage arc.

Reactions: An Ace Among Men

NewTricks

Forum Fanatic
Nov 1, 2017
Well, I am marked safe from not getting the update events. This seemed like a good little "bridge" update to move on from the phase where the sandbox events were filled in. It was a necessary phase of development but not the most thrilling. The Riley updates were fun. The two main story updates were just stubs but I think that they won't be as frustrating when you are playing the game through from beginning to end and you haven't been puttering around the sandbox for months on end waiting for an update. But you know what I'm going to say...

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Yeah, we need another Artemesia update. There is a distinct shortage of games that have cars you can romance.

Oct 8, 2019
There's something you are not telling us, then... like maybe having a mod installed? In my last update's save, I go to sleep the first night after loading it and I just can't call any girl for the cuddling session, I'm forced to sleep alone and the journalist scene is automatically triggered. Then, visiting the garage once triggers the Detective scene. And of course, on Sunday morning I got the last bit of Riley's massage arc.
Exactly this and in the order. Also, correct it will not trigger with the out-of-date mod installed. Had to unzip the file again and simply started from where I saved and all was good.

Reactions: moskyx

STNeish

Mar 20, 2020
Ok, got it working. Turned out I'd downloaded the same version I already had. Not sure how that happened, but whatever.

That said... was that it? Just the two conversations?

drifter139

Dec 11, 2019
someone please fucking explain what guide means by "event" and where the fuck I'm supposed to go for it because this shit guide is fucking crap

Remembrance

Feb 1, 2020
The Sandbox environment makes it easier for me to create, to maintain, to bug fix, and to provide overall support. I am dedicated to fixing the Sandbox for these reasons; it's just better for me overall as a developer. The production issues I am experiencing with the game has nothing to do with the sandbox and everything to do with the amount of time and budget I have at my disposal to work on Superheroes Suck. Those are the things that need to be changed for a more efficient production pipeline. I'm hoping to save up my earnings this year for a beefier computer next year.
moskyx seems to have a good understanding of the game, & explained it pretty well, including the problems. I see the points as well.

Here's how I view it: It's like working on a project(or a movie). I don't do the chapters/scenes linearly, since it's more efficient to break it into individual chapters & work on them as individual projects. This is like the individual event development of the game.
When my friends/peers/colleagues come over to review it, we go over it chapter by chapter, using page numbers & reviewing the latest additions not reviewed yet. This is the current playerbase - beta testers who see a small batch of events every release & can enjoy it.
However I have to put the chapters sequentially when presenting the project, because the chapters only work in a certain sequence.
Similarly how movies shoot scenes non-sequentially but edit it into a linear story before release.

Even if you add a lot of filler to fill in the blank days, the fact won't change that you only ever have a fixed route to play the events like a kinetic novel(you can't even refuse a girl i think since you need to be with all 4 girls in the story) which is dimetrically opposite to a sandbox where the freedom of choice is emphasized.

Anyway, my advice would be to convert the game into a VN at the final release, since the development of the story(project/movie) would be complete & the VN format would be a much better presentation format for the linear story being told. (Even if it's not a good development format to create, maintain, bugfix, etc.)

Just advice tho. You will be the best judge if that'll be too much work or whatever.
I will say tho, with such a linear story, no matter how much repeatable filler scenes you put in to fill the empty days, it'll just distance the player from the story being told without feeling impactful as a sandbox.
Anyway, the end seems a long way away anyway, can't wait for the story to be completed first(y) :giggle:

Last edited:

Sennistrasz

Oct 6, 2020
This seems to be the 2nd update in a row teasing about going back to patrols, so I hope we do get them eventually, and even make them more of a thing. It's becoming increasingly weird for a game about superheroes to just potter about at home for such an extended period of time.

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
This seems to be the 2nd update in a row teasing about going back to patrols, so I hope we do get them eventually, and even make them more of a thing. It's becoming increasingly weird for a game about superheroes to just potter about at home for such an extended period of time.
well you know what happens on patrols with chrys.

also supercriminals have fled town so patrolling isn't that needed.

preskerd

Sep 27, 2017
Knight of Solace I just tried out your game. So far I love it. I finish more than half of the content but one thing bothers me. MC started a sexual relationship with every love interest which is cool but there is still not a single love confession in the game. I didn't read any girl says 'I love you' to mc nor mc says to any of them. Will the confessions come? Will there be actual relationships? Or is it one of those games where it's full of pointless sex and every girl is fuckbuddy to mc? Because if it's like that I wouldn't waste my time to play it and give up. I saw the romance tag but sadly I for the more than half of the game not a single 'love confession' so far

moskyx

Engaged Member
Jun 17, 2019
Knight of Solace I just tried out your game. So far I love it. I finish more than half of the content but one thing bothers me. MC started a sexual relationship with every love interest which is cool but there is still not a single love confession in the game. I didn't read any girl says 'I love you' to mc nor mc says to any of them. Will the confessions come? Will there be actual relationships? Or is it one of those games where it's full of pointless sex and every girl is fuckbuddy to mc? Because if it's like that I wouldn't waste my time to play it and give up. I saw the romance tag but sadly I for the more than half of the game not a single 'love confession' so far
Now I'm not sure if someone outrightly says 'I love you' but as their arcs keep progressing it's pretty obvious they are not involved in just a sexual relationship, even though casual sex encounters are still the norm

Reactions: boobsrcool

preskerd

Sep 27, 2017
Now I'm not sure if someone outrightly says 'I love you' but as their arcs keep progressing it's pretty obvious they are not involved in just a sexual relationship, even though casual sex encounters are still the norm
But it seems like this game has been in development for a pretty while and there is already lots and lots of contents with the girls. If there isn't a single 'I love you' in the game from girls to mc or mc to girls and no relationship, it's pretty weird if you ask me. Especially on a game that has harem/romance (my absolute favourite tags).

I think any good harem game must have romance as well. Girls should love mc and mc should love his girls. In this game while sex scenes and renders are really beautiful, lack of love confessions and lack of actual relationship between mc and his girls makes me question the game. Again I'm at the half of the game so I don't know if this things already in the game hence why I asked

Last edited:

moskyx

Engaged Member
Jun 17, 2019
But it seems like this game has been in development for a pretty while and there is already lots and lots of contents with the girls. If there isn't a single 'I love you' in the game from girls to mc or mc to girls and no relationship, it's pretty weird if you ask me. Especially on a game that has harem/romance (my absolute favourite tags).

I think any good harem game must have romance as well. Girls should love mc and mc should love his girls. In this game while sex scenes and renders are really beautiful, lack of love confessions and lack of actual relationship between mc and his girls makes me question the game. Again I'm at the half of the game so I don't know if this things already in the game hence why I asked
Not sure what do you mean by 'half of the game', but I'd say that the way the MC behaves around the girls, trying to help them overcome their issues and insecurities, and the way they open up themselves and share intimate moments with him it's romantic indeed, even if the L word is not mentioned for reasons. All of them kind of struggle to verbalize their feelings and, considering their affectional backgrounds, to me that's a sign of them actually realizing this is big.

Reactions: bacienvu88
4.10 star(s) 87 Votes