ssj782

Engaged Member
Apr 19, 2019
Also, I'm not sure Riley would ever allow the protagonist to punch someone in the face when she could it herself. :)
That is absolutely fine. As long as we get to SEE it happen. Preferably right as he's berating her for something stupid like not being 'soft' enough, lol. Instant karma is always a plus. One of my favorite scenes was the 'double punch out' in the arcade.
Though one of the other girls doing something to him would also be welcome. He probably weighs less than 400 pounds, for instance :)

abagel

Apr 27, 2018
So I'm having an issue here. I can't even load any old saves with the new version. Really want to continue this excellent game, but stumped. Is there a replacement for 00action_file.rpy? That's the file with the problem.

Edit- Nevermind, saw your fix above. Excellent timing as always.

Reactions: Knight of Solace

Knight of Solace

Developer of: Superheroes Suck!
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2019
got the same thing in my game, call me lazy but im not fond of the idea of replaying the whole game right now.
I can't blame you for that. It's like rereading the beginning of a book right when you were about to open a new chapter. Please try the new fix and let me know if it helps!

Also, can someone tell me how I ping or tag people?

Reactions: Floorboards

SecretSal

Aug 25, 2016
Riley's casual hairdo is great. Getting April O'Neil vibes.

pazuzu-666-april-o-neil2.jpg

Feels good to have the squad back together in one unit.
Story's been going at a nice clip, really interested to see what happens next, especially if it means getting to know more about Miz Powell.

Only mild criticism I can give is that the animations for Riley could be a little more dynamic, especially when the action hits the crescendo. When they're on the slower side, it gives the impression of being like underwater sex. Oh, and maybe navigation as well. Trying to find the 'leave room' hotspot at the bottom of the screen occasionally has me hitting the quick menu instead. Maybe some shortcut icons on the top of the screen to key locations (garage, dorm area, entry area, downstairs hallway)?

Keep up the great work, in any case.

Last edited:

Knight of Solace

Game Developer
Sep 27, 2019
Riley's casual hairdo is great. Getting April O'Neil vibes.

View attachment 768088

Feels good to have the squad back together in one unit.
Story's been going at a nice clip, really interested to see what happens next, especially if it means getting to know more about Miz Powell.

Only mild criticism I can give is that the animations for Riley could be a little more dynamic, especially when the action hits the crescendo. When they're on the slower side, it gives the impression of being like underwater sex. Oh, and maybe navigation as well. Trying to find the 'leave room' hotspot at the bottom of the screen occasionally has me hitting the quick menu instead. Maybe some shortcut icons on the top of the screen to key locations (garage, dorm area, entry area, downstairs hallway)?

Keep up the great work, in any case.
Hey, thank you for the feedback!

The animations are definitely something I'm still working on. I also wanted the ending animation in Riley's scene to be a little "faster" but I ran into a problem: in order to make it faster, I had to double the length of the animation. All of my animations are three second loops, which are then adjusted in a video editor to be faster or slower. Faster means condensing the animations, and I can only increase the speed by around ~50% before it looks really choppy. My solution in the future is going to be rendering the animations out to six seconds, and then condensing. The only issue right now is that a six second render is about forty hours of work. That said, I'm still working on it and hope to have the quality of the game improve each update. If I tweak the settings enough, I should be able to reach a good middle ground.

In hindsight, buttons would have been a good idea. I will test out a few things, but I can't say when I would have them in the game. I hear that the default navigation is also really difficult for Android users, so it's something I'll look into when I'm not making new story content.

I'm glad you liked Riley's look!

Reactions: SecretSal

Ngal

Nov 6, 2018
So my old saves loaded, and I got to the end of the content of all characters except riley. I don't know how to progress after the first patrol in the new update, what do I do to trigger the next event?

erkper

May 16, 2018
So my old saves loaded, and I got to the end of the content of all characters except riley. I don't know how to progress after the first patrol in the new update, what do I do to trigger the next event?
What does the character help say for the next event?

erkper

May 16, 2018
So any bets on that cat being a villianesse in disguise? Possibly 'Train'/'Beach'/'Jewelry Store' girl?
IMO the cat is almost certainly Train/Beach/Jewelry Store girl. Not 100% convinced she's a super villain but it would make sense. She could also be a non-aligned super, maybe just looking for an in to train at the Academy. But a villain would be more likely.

Reactions: mrmcfappen

Cainhurst

Feb 28, 2019
I am really enjoying this game. The characters are a bit deeper than just being caricatures and are interesting. The MC isn't a dull one dimensional turd who exists to irritate. The grinding in the early game is a bit tiring and I think a little more detail can help with the hints. Also I would like to see more Miss Powell in the game soon.

But otherwise a great superhero game which is rare on this site.(y)

Reactions: Knight of Solace

Zexawy

Mar 3, 2018
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/navigation.rpy", line 1244, in script
    p "{i}Looks like she's dormant right now.{/i}"
NameError: name 'Max' is not defined

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "E:\Old hard\ZZ\mm\New folder\gg\SuperheroesSuck-0.50public-pc\SuperheroesSuck-0.50public-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 706, in execute
    renpy.exports.say(who, what, *args, **kwargs)
  File "E:\Old hard\ZZ\mm\New folder\gg\SuperheroesSuck-0.50public-pc\SuperheroesSuck-0.50public-pc\renpy\exports.py", line 1336, in say
    who(what, *args, **kwargs)
  File "E:\Old hard\ZZ\mm\New folder\gg\SuperheroesSuck-0.50public-pc\SuperheroesSuck-0.50public-pc\renpy\character.py", line 1112, in __call__
    who = renpy.python.py_eval(who)
  File "E:\Old hard\ZZ\mm\New folder\gg\SuperheroesSuck-0.50public-pc\SuperheroesSuck-0.50public-pc\renpy\python.py", line 2035, in py_eval
    return py_eval_bytecode(code, globals, locals)
  File "E:\Old hard\ZZ\mm\New folder\gg\SuperheroesSuck-0.50public-pc\SuperheroesSuck-0.50public-pc\renpy\python.py", line 2028, in py_eval_bytecode
    return eval(bytecode, globals, locals)
  File "<none>", line 1, in <module>

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.2.320
Superheroes Suck 0.50public
Wed Aug 12 14:54:12 2020
always appear what can i do ?

Knight of Solace

Game Developer
Sep 27, 2019
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "E:\Old hard\ZZ\mm\New folder\gg\SuperheroesSuck-0.50public-pc\SuperheroesSuck-0.50public-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 706, in execute
    renpy.exports.say(who, what, *args, **kwargs)
  File "E:\Old hard\ZZ\mm\New folder\gg\SuperheroesSuck-0.50public-pc\SuperheroesSuck-0.50public-pc\renpy\exports.py", line 1336, in say
    who(what, *args, **kwargs)
  File "E:\Old hard\ZZ\mm\New folder\gg\SuperheroesSuck-0.50public-pc\SuperheroesSuck-0.50public-pc\renpy\character.py", line 1112, in __call__
    who = renpy.python.py_eval(who)
  File "E:\Old hard\ZZ\mm\New folder\gg\SuperheroesSuck-0.50public-pc\SuperheroesSuck-0.50public-pc\renpy\python.py", line 2035, in py_eval
    return py_eval_bytecode(code, globals, locals)
  File "E:\Old hard\ZZ\mm\New folder\gg\SuperheroesSuck-0.50public-pc\SuperheroesSuck-0.50public-pc\renpy\python.py", line 2028, in py_eval_bytecode
    return eval(bytecode, globals, locals)
  File "<none>", line 1, in <module>

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.2.320
Superheroes Suck 0.50public
Wed Aug 12 14:54:12 2020
always appear what can i do ?
What version of the game are you running?

Edit:

Also, it looks like your name didn't register properly, which is an incredibly strange bug - There is no way you should have been able to progress as far as you have if it was in the game from the start. Did you switch versions mid save? If you go between the compressed and non-compressed versions, I think something like this could happen. You might be able to fix it by setting the variable again. Open the developer console and plug:

$ p = Character("Your Name", color="#d8361f")

If that doesn't work:

$ p = "Your Name"

Last edited:
Reactions: Zexawy
4.10 star(s) 87 Votes