DrakoGhoul

Engaged Member
Jul 13, 2018
My thing with Jake is he had every opportunity to come tell us he had powers and he didn't. When he finally did he got tricked by Ella. Yes, he's weak willed and easily persuaded but that's also the problem. It's too easy to manipulate him and he's allowing it from Ella. His inferiority complex he has toward the MC is also fueling it. If he had told Ella no at any point, in all of this, he would've been redeemable but he didn't at all.

When he used his powers for wrong, he tried to justify it as "the MC does it too" like he's not in the wrong. Don't forget he also tried to mind fuck the MC and his friends. That's all choices he made, by the way. Ella didn't tell him to target us and our friends(outside of Deryl, last update). Jake is a danger to everyone. He cracks under pressure easily. What he did to Mia is unforgivable and the thing was his target was intended to be Deryl, our bestfriend.

It's frustrating for me because i hate that his powers always have an effect on the MC(besides the time we overpowered it with Liz and Amber). Even a Lvl 2 MC wasn't exempt from it. Now that's over, finally, but i won't let someone who almost controlled a Final Evolution Superhuman live. That's way too dangerous and Jake's wrapped around Ella's finger way too much. I'm mostly speaking for myself with this but i just can't tolerate someone like that at all.

All that said, i still don't want Jake's power at all. This game is fun because the MC's power is unique. Even a power maniac like me don't want one like Jake's. Besides altering his body, the MC used his own personality to become friends(and beyond) with several people in the game. Hell, he basically seduced Danica and she tried to kill us. Jake's power would take the fun out of all of that stuff.

dividead

May 1, 2017
Played this for the first time yesterday, worked just fine, today I tried to start it goes to white screen and crashes, same for both 32bit and 64bit version. Never had this problem with any renpy game. Tf is happening?
Tried adding exceptions to antivirus and running as admin, same thing happens.

PS: Figured it out, left the overlaid fps counter from MSI Afterburner on and it makes it crash, this doesn't do this with any other renpy game.

Last edited:
Reactions: JimboSaggins

RustDust

Jul 18, 2017
Really enjoying the story and action. I like the characters and the art is growing on me. Hate the NTR though. I get that it's avoidable but knowing it's there kinda ruins Liz's character for me when I otherwise would like her. Though that's probably a testament to how good the writing is. Though, I did find Brianna's jab at those fans funny. I do hope there is a way to unlock the gallery since it's pretty lengthy and I'd rather not replay segments or segments I avoided for a reason.

Virulenz

Engaged Member
Sep 27, 2017
All that said, i still don't want Jake's power at all. This game is fun because the MC's power is unique. Even a power maniac like me don't want one like Jake's. Besides altering his body, the MC used his own personality to become friends(and beyond) with several people in the game. Hell, he basically seduced Danica and she tried to kill us. Jake's power would take the fun out of all of that stuff.
You have more or less the same mind power, but since you are not a coward you trained it mostly just to read memories while he alters them to reduce the hostility he would earn for his actions. The character is the main difference here...so if you absorb him your wasted potential gets a power up...you are still not forced to use it, but it could be useful in some aspects...for example, if some stupid cop sends you to jail or if some hobbyblackmailer tries to ruin a friend of yours to offer her a solution to stay at the uni. However, it could also boost your level if you absorb another level 2 mutant, until now you hast had level 1 enemies and dead ends...fact is you will need your final evolution fast, you have 12 finals, real monsters and you need to be stronger than ella if you want to make her yours...or get rid of her, whatever you prefer.

KingWeWuz

Mar 8, 2019
My thing with Jake is he had every opportunity to come tell us he had powers and he didn't. When he finally did he got tricked by Ella. Yes, he's weak willed and easily persuaded but that's also the problem. It's too easy to manipulate him and he's allowing it from Ella. His inferiority complex he has toward the MC is also fueling it. If he had told Ella no at any point, in all of this, he would've been redeemable but he didn't at all.

When he used his powers for wrong, he tried to justify it as "the MC does it too" like he's not in the wrong. Don't forget he also tried to mind fuck the MC and his friends. That's all choices he made, by the way. Ella didn't tell him to target us and our friends(outside of Deryl, last update). Jake is a danger to everyone. He cracks under pressure easily. What he did to Mia is unforgivable and the thing was his target was intended to be Deryl, our bestfriend.

It's frustrating for me because i hate that his powers always have an effect on the MC(besides the time we overpowered it with Liz and Amber). Even a Lvl 2 MC wasn't exempt from it. Now that's over, finally, but i won't let someone who almost controlled a Final Evolution Superhuman live. That's way too dangerous and Jake's wrapped around Ella's finger way too much. I'm mostly speaking for myself with this but i just can't tolerate someone like that at all.

I do agree with you on jake.

In addition to what you've said, he is a raging hypocrite. He complained to Mia: "He's a monster like me, but he hasn't told either of us! We can't trust him." Jake, YOU didn't tell ME either. Trust goes both ways.

I also don't see how he actually managed to manipulate a level 5 when he's level 2. Even if he was acting only in a subtle manner, when her defenses went up and she became suspicious of him, he kept trying to weasel commands in, even making her feel pain, and it didn't result in him breaking down. Either she has borderline no defense or the rules didn't apply here. He's becoming too strong too fast.

Anyway, I think the mc isn't the type to use mind control too easily. At most I can see a mind control route like the cheerleading route, at least, I can see him wiping someone's mind and making him forget. Keep in mind, Jake was pretty intelligent and the mc isn't. Therefore, I'd assume we'd get a weaker version of it, if any of it. It's more likely Ella will consume him if anything.

Blizzard99

Feb 11, 2021
Wow, great update!

Jake's wrongdoings have finally caught up with him. The interactions with the kids at Ella's house feels wholesome and haunting at the same time (considering how she gains the trust of the kids before giving them those monster pills). H.E.R.O. organization seems to be a lot stronger than Ella (and friends). It would be interesting to see how she plans to take her opponents out.

Based on Ella's powers, MC would have the ability to heal people in the future. Wonder if he also would have the ability to transform others.

Now, 3 more power levels for MC to gain with about 25% of the game left. I'm gonna guess that the final power upgrade will happen during the final battle when MC has his back pressed against the wall.

Reactions: Legend 123

DrakoGhoul

Engaged Member
Jul 13, 2018
You have more or less the same mind power, but since you are not a coward you trained it mostly just to read memories while he alters them to reduce the hostility he would earn for his actions. The character is the main difference here...so if you absorb him your wasted potential gets a power up...you are still not forced to use it, but it could be useful in some aspects...for example, if some stupid cop sends you to jail or if some hobbyblackmailer tries to ruin a friend of yours to offer her a solution to stay at the uni. However, it could also boost your level if you absorb another level 2 mutant, until now you hast had level 1 enemies and dead ends...fact is you will need your final evolution fast, you have 12 finals, real monsters and you need to be stronger than ella if you want to make her yours...or get rid of her, whatever you prefer.
I mean, if that's what you want for your MC, to gain Jake's power, then cool. I don't want or need that crutch for mine. I rather the MC fought for his evolution on his own and actually deal with situations in the game(yes, i know shapeshifting helped the MC get out of jams). I hope his training and his own effort stays the goal instead of just mind manipulating and taking shortcuts to higher lvls.

Also, i understand the need to gain power almost more than anyone here. That's been like my main goal since this game first released. There's a lot of threats to the MC. That said, H.E.R.O isn't our enemy, yet(except for that scientist), So we don't have to worry about them, currently. Clark and Deus in particular don't have a problem with us and most likely the other 10 don't. We're seen as a "hero" to the public and they want to recruit us instead. As for Ella, we'll get there when we do, this game is nowhere near done. I may run around screaming "i need more power!" but I'm not actually wanting shortcuts.

Virulenz

Engaged Member
Sep 27, 2017
That said, H.E.R.O isn't our enemy, yet(except for that scientist), So we don't have to worry about them, currently. Clark and Deus in particular don't have a problem with us and most likely the other 10 don't. We're seen as a "hero" to the public and they want to recruit us instead. As for Ella, we'll get there when we do, this game is nowhere near done. I may run around screaming "i need more power!" but I'm not actually wanting shortcuts.
Well, i think its not only our enemy, its the archenemy. Remember the history channel? that M(utant)-Division that destroyed the resistance of the last free countries? And the goals of hero? And then the major fuck, the real goals of xanthe...no ethics, no moral, infinite cash and now remove the need to hide and give him control over the law, prisons, police, day to day life of people...
Ellas methods are sick as fuck, but her goal to stop them from taking over the world makes such actions somehow understandable, she runs out of time.

The interactions with the kids at Ella's house feels wholesome and haunting at the same time (considering how she gains the trust of the kids before giving them those monster pills).
Who say they need pills? The boy dont wears a blindfold because he is blind, the black haired girl analyzed you and gave ella a confirmation, considering the fact you were there because ella asked for it they looked for something specific and found it in you. And you didnt feel anything in them...including yourself every mutant you met before got infected/transformed, every evolutionary step connects them closer to the source of their power and you feel this connection, your "symbiont" recognized jakes "symbiont" after the blockade snapped. We also know the basic instincts of the monsters, feed, breed and survive...what if those kids were not infected or human, but born hybrids? Without or just a weak connection to the monsters they inherited their powers from would make them almost undetectable...and like the kids said, you dont want to know what ella teaches them...they could surpass the human limitations if they were born hybrids, is there a better reason to play the big sis and fight a giant organisation at the same time?

DrakoGhoul

Engaged Member
Jul 13, 2018
Clark feels like the good character on the wrong team. Like i didn't even try to fight him when capturing the monster myself. Deus doesn't seem bad neither and he may have some connection to the MC since he knew our name while transformed(or they probably already knew our identity).

I don't think Alexis is evil, personally. She seemed pretty chill and lazy outside of fights. She just lost her temper when she found out Jake manipulated her mind. Which is completely understandable/relatable since i was pissed when he did it to me as well. Also during her fights against Ella.

It's a bit too early to call for the others though. Well, maybe not Nico, she might be twisted as hell. Everyone else in game mostly come off as gray instead of black(bad) or white(good). Except for Clark. He seems to be mostly good.

DrakoGhoul

Engaged Member
Jul 13, 2018
Alexis (sword lady) is never said to be level 5 though. As of now, Clark is the only level 5 we have met so far.
Pretty sure Nico, that other guy and Deus(the guy we meet who tells us about Ella) are lvl 5. If she's paired with Clark and can fight Ella, who's Peak lvl 4. She'd have to be around their lvl. Clark also said they all(the 12 superhumans at hero) reached lvl 5(I'll have to replay that part though).

Even if she's not lvl 5, at bare minimum she's lvl 4. The gap between her and jake(lvl 2) is way too large for him to have affected her without her feeling it. The MC was at least explainable since Jake had hooks in pre evolution.

Virulenz

Engaged Member
Sep 27, 2017
I think deus idendity will be a nice surprise next update...before we get out of the jail...at least thats my theory.

DrakoGhoul

Engaged Member
Jul 13, 2018
Ok, i take back that "all of them reached lvl 5" part i said. He only said 12 among them reached lvl 5. I thought he said all 12 of us reached lvl 5 during this part.

Screenshot_20220127-065844(1).png
Screenshot_20220127-065901(1).png
Screenshot_20220127-070103(1).png

Though, i still stand by Jake shouldn't being able to affect Alexis, even at lvl 4. That's still a 2 evolution gap, which should be massive.

Reactions: Drafox and monk_56
4.80 star(s) 304 Votes