lg545

Oct 23, 2019
Well, when you really put out what Laurie has and how important she could be to the plot, it amounts to miniscule gain.
When you really look at her kit and her position in HERO, it's absolutely safe to say she'll be irrelevant going forward. She's not like Alice, Michael, Deryl and MC. They all have unique things that uplifts them. If Laurie was a much better fighter or had something that heavily tied into the plot, then maybe I could see her being important in the future. She, unfortunately, doesn't have anything which is why she was killed off by Jared.
Well, Laurie can get her 3-d evolution (like Danica did). I mean she was 2 lvl for 2+ years and during Battle of Diamonds show some neat skills. After 3-d evolution she could become a great support unit for our squad
Her monster parent likely is some random B Class or lower monster so it likely plays no part in the later game.
Well, Malic example show that parent monster does not matter (his was C rank monster) and now he is top 2 member in HERO

DrakoGhoul

Engaged Member
Jul 13, 2018
Well, Laurie can get her 3-d evolution (like Danica did). I mean she was 2 lvl for 2+ years and during Battle of Diamonds show some neat skills. After 3-d evolution she could become a great support unit for our squad

Well, Malic example show that parent monster does not matter (his was C rank monster) and now he is top 2 member in HERO
No, Laurie was only Level 2 for a couple of months to around a year before her injury. She also isn't as mentally tough as Danica. There's a high chance she would fail her evolution(s), if she goes the natural route like Dani. Not to mention, being "support" isn't needed with Deryl on our team.

Malik also isn't the great example you would think he is. Nico's boast, while sounding good at the time, ignores several factors. The main one being that he had decades to reach that point. Do you think Laurie has decades of time to not only reach Level 5 naturally but accumulate that large power pool he has? Malik also worked his ass off too. Fighting in wars and such. Laurie hasn't done any of that and got injured brutally by Jared.

Laurie would have to be on the same level of importance as Deryl, Michael, Alice and Tiffany for her to accomplish anything like that in the story. For me, I doubt she has it. Especially since it's been like 2 to 3 updates now and she's still out of it. It doesn't even matter if she got the evolution serum to reach Level 3.

Gtdead

Jul 13, 2021
There actually exists a very good niche for Laurie. She and Danica have similar powers. Both cause 1HKOs but their powers are a bit opposite. Laurie infects and crystalizes, Danica deals huge unstoppable physical damage. Anything that Danica can't naturally kill, Laurie should be able to take care of.

So a sniper team consisting of those two could take care of vast variety of encounters. Danica will be the main damage dealer,, focusing on stronger enemies, but Laurie is better at dealing with swarms of weaker monsters.

Additionally, if Danica is able to create a huge wound on something, but can't kill it outright because it's too big, Laurie can probably infect the wound, making the infection more potent.

Of course I don't expect this scene to happen anytime soon, due to how difficult it is to have both Danica and Laurie alive at this point. Danica has to deal with the Eye telling the player to eat her and being a bitch in general, Laurie has to deal with high stat requirements.

But I agree that in the great scheme, she doesn't really have much to do. Best case scenario for main event participation is to add a "win" point in some great battle.

Last edited:

TerminusPrime

Nov 23, 2020
There actually exists a very good niche for Laurie. She and Danica have similar powers. Both cause 1HKOs but their powers are a bit opposite. Laurie infects and crystalizes, Danica deals huge unstoppable physical damage. Anything that Danica can't naturally kill, Laurie should be able to take care of.

So a sniper team consisting of those two could take care of vast variety of encounters. Danica will be the main damage dealer,, focusing on stronger enemies, but Laurie is better at dealing with swarms of weaker monsters.

Additionally, if Danica is able to create a huge wound on something, but can't kill it outright because it's too big, Laurie can probably infect the wound, making the infection more potent.

Of course I don't expect this scene to happen anytime soon, due to how difficult it is to have both Danica and Laurie alive at this point. Danica has to deal with the Eye telling the player to eat her and being a bitch in general, Laurie has to deal with high stat requirements.

But I agree that in the great scheme, she doesn't really have much to do. Best case scenario for main event participation is to add a "win" point in some great battle.
The eye is only telling the MC to consume if he's high corruption. The low corruption route is to find allies.

Reactions: axy2 and myst0501

lg545

Oct 23, 2019
Doubt he will take Years like the H.e.r.o. higher ups if nothing else than just because it would make kind of a boring story to follow unless the story has some unprecedented massive time jumps, a whole lost in space section where MC gets teleported to some far off monster overrun ruined world where he has to constantly fight, kill and absorb monsters to survive. Until he finds a fissure in spacetime or is found... and then comes back to exact his vengeance. No nvm too fanfictiony...
Well, evolution should feel like it was deserved, instead of coming out nothing. My guess - at least 3 arcs with tough (close yo death) Boss fights. Dont forget that 4-th lvl is already lieutenant tier which is already OP

lg545

Oct 23, 2019
Personally, I think it will be the Twins arc, then an short in-between arc with Tiffany/Claudia cause Tiffany is a little wierd atm, then we have an Aldain arc. And after that I want to say is a riot arc where the tension between HERO and the public/government gets out of control
My guess there would public World Government Congress session where congressman would vote about "Government supervision over HERO"
MC (and couple others from HERO) would join debates as witness (as public face for HERO)
Also, my guess Elijah would give proofs against HERO
At by the end of the session monsters or\and SIN would launch attack on this place

lg545

Oct 23, 2019
No, Laurie was only Level 2 for a couple of months to around a year before her injury. She also isn't as mentally tough as Danica. There's a high chance she would fail her evolution(s), if she goes the natural route like Dani. Not to mention, being "support" isn't needed with Deryl on our team.
1. Couple months - this is time when MC join Hero (his education period was about couple months. Yep. Time skip). Lauri already was lvl 2 when Jake took her under control (and from what she tell us - she was full fledged Agent and a part of HERO at least for a year at this point of time)
2.On contrast with Dani who get her assassin missions once per month at best - Laurie hunt monsters on daily basis as a part of her Agent duties
3.Whole Laurie thing during Battle of diamonds is about find resolve in herself to fight against Monster far stronger then herself and make her best to put it down (help Alice in the process). Something like this require mental toughness
4.There is different kind of Support, you know. Laurie at lvl 3 probably would make any wound on our opponent a living hell for him
Laurie hasn't done any of that and got injured brutally by Jared
And this is a perfect material for character arc
Yep. Laurie is a huge debuff dealer.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sayajin2205

DrakoGhoul

Engaged Member
Jul 13, 2018
1. Couple months - this is time when MC join Hero (his education period was about couple months. Yep. Time skip). Lauri already was lvl 2 when Jake took her under control (and from what she tell us - she was full fledged Agent and a part of HERO at least for a year at this point of time)
2.On contrast with Dani who get her assassin missions once per month at best - Laurie hunt monsters on daily basis as a part of her Agent duties
3.Whole Laurie thing during Battle of diamonds is about find resolve in herself to fight against Monster far stronger then herself and make her best to put it down (help Alice in the process). Something like this require mental toughness
4.There is different kind of Support, you know. Laurie at lvl 3 probably would make any wound on our opponent a living hell for him

And this is a perfect material for character arc

Yep. Laurie is a huge debuff dealer.
1. Yes, a couple of months. Laurie says so to the MC herself. Not sure what your point is here. This further proves my point anyway because Jake, MC, Alice and the others outpaced her and they had their powers for less time.

2. The monsters Laurie hunts are weak monsters that are suited for her power. The water monsters she hunted with MC and Del. The Dani point wasn't even about training. It's about her mental state.

3. And during said Battle of Diamonds, you'll see her fold when it was something that her power couldn't affect. Her helping Alice doesn't mean she's mentally tough all of a sudden.

4. No shit, but MC doesn't need that kind of support. Michael alone can do what Laurie does with his radiation. Only difference is, he can actually fight.

This whole Laurie thing amounts to certain fans wanting her to be more important than she actually is to the plot. If you think she can accomplish these things, then by all means continue to do it. I personally don't think she's going to have any major or supporting role in the future. Outside of a minor appearance here or there.

Demandred20

Sep 12, 2019
Malik also isn't the great example you would think he is. Nico's boast, while sounding good at the time, ignores several factors. The main one being that he had decades to reach that point. Do you think Laurie has decades of time to not only reach Level 5 naturally but accumulate that large power pool he has? Malik also worked his ass off too. Fighting in wars and such. Laurie hasn't done any of that and got injured brutally by Jared.
Point of order here. Can you reach level 5 naturally? Current info suggests that you have to go on some sort of "Hero quest" to do it the way its intended. It suggest there is more to it than just overloading your system that most of the normal 1-4 methods end up being. Case in point Ella who despite all her monster knowledge had no clue how to achieve it. Henri stumbled over it but even among the other 5s only a few and Xanthe seems to have an idea how it works and they are being pretty cagey with that info. Of course there is the serum but with the latest update the jury is still out on if it replicates the evolution perfectly. Bernhardt seems to think no but Henri is thinking that it probably does with differences is due to their background.

hrhr

May 13, 2019
Oh truly would be but then again we have plot macguffins galore in this game (Mia is one and Jared is literally wielding his pedo arrow of doom that screams dead end inbound).
lol what, what's wrong with Mia? And "pedo arrow of doom that screams dead end"?
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

DrakoGhoul

Engaged Member
Jul 13, 2018
Point of order here. Can you reach level 5 naturally? Current info suggests that you have to go on some sort of "Hero quest" to do it the way its intended. It suggest there is more to it than just overloading your system that most of the normal 1-4 methods end up being. Case in point Ella who despite all her monster knowledge had no clue how to achieve it. Henri stumbled over it but even among the other 5s only a few and Xanthe seems to have an idea how it works and they are being pretty cagey with that info. Of course there is the serum but with the latest update the jury is still out on if it replicates the evolution perfectly. Bernhardt seems to think no but Henri is thinking that it probably does with differences is due to their background.
No matter what, reaching Level 5 naturally seems like a challenge. MC being an Apostle Spawn likely makes it much more harder. The requirements for such an evolution is likely to be insane. Especially since Ella, like you mentioned, couldn't trigger hers. After this update though, Christie was likely Ella's requirement but she failed that at Level 3. It's possible that if she went back and killed her while she was Level 4, she would have triggered her 5th naturally.

Reactions: sexoffended

hrhr

May 13, 2019
In the most recent update

Jared mentions that he has an arrow and said arrow is strong enough to kill a level 5. Met warns him to not reveal such things out in the open.

In regards to Mia
She solely exists to push the plot forward and offers little else...so text book definition plot macguffin. There is no reason for the MC to help her but yet he does...cause 'plot' mind you he just met her recently so he has no connection to her. He has every reason to help Deryl but none to her.
Early on when Mia is introduced it's not like the MC is much more attached to her than other characters who also stick around (Alice, Jess, Demi...),
Her not being as relevant later in the story doesn't mean she was merely a "device" early on.
It also surprised me to think someone would take Jared's claims at face value, even if daddy indeed will go the extra mile for him compared to others.

ItzSyther

Dec 3, 2018
lol what, what's wrong with Mia? And "pedo arrow of doom that screams dead end"?
I already explained both but I'll do so again.

Mia: Mia is nothing more than a Macguffin. She exists to push the plot forward and nothing else. The MC has no reason to help her but yet for no real reason other than 'plot' does. He hasn't known her for long at all but he's treating her like she's his best buddy and has to save her no matter what.

Deryl is understandable, he is the MC's best buddy but Mia shouldn't be on the same level as Deryl. Deryl has been known for years! Mia for what...a few weeks? With super brief meetings.

Jared: He has a literal arrow that can slay level 5s...come on now that literally screams "Eh yo...Macguffin that will lead you to dead end if you fuck with me. go back to prior pages if you want a more in depth break down of Jared.

hrhr

May 13, 2019
Personally, I think it will be the Twins arc, then an short in-between arc with Tiffany/Claudia cause Tiffany is a little wierd atm, then we have an Aldain arc. And after that I want to say is a riot arc where the tension between HERO and the public/government gets out of control, and MC needs to deal with the team captains basically voting to "subjugate the lesser humans", at which point MC might evolve to Level 4. Either that or Ella wakes up. Maybe both at the same time.
Would be cool if government/public opinion became more relevant

ItzSyther

Dec 3, 2018
Her not being as relevant later in the story doesn't mean she was merely a "device" early on.
It literally does mean that LOL.

Mia is a textbook Macguffin like come on now :KEK:

She served her purpose. Depending on how the MC deals with Jake her purpose becomes even more of "I don't need to exist for the story anymore"

Jake dies: Mia is angry with MC and most likely plotting something...doesn't matter what she's just a humie who's gonna get slaughtered.

Jake is alive: She's angry at Jake and we don't see her again...why? Because she serves no purpose. If she gains powers thats cool and all but she still has no use for the story being behind so far.

She doesn't have SIN nor HERO's backing...she's just human. She won't get no revenge on MC if he killed Jake and even if she gained powers she's effectively...useless. Yeah pretty much.

Edit: IF MC killed Jake, Mia is basically in the 'Demi' category of when the MC can kill them. Angry at the MC and saying "You'll get your comeuppance for being so evil!"

Nothing happens, their story/purpose is over.

Well I suppose she still serves a single purpose. A sex scene and then can be tossed away effectively for good.

Last edited:

KingAgamemnon

Aug 7, 2022
It literally does mean that LOL.

Mia is a textbook Macguffin like come on now :KEK:

She served her purpose. Depending on how the MC deals with Jake her purpose becomes even more of "I don't need to exist for the story anymore"

Jake dies: Mia is angry with MC and most likely plotting something...doesn't matter what she's just a humie who's gonna get slaughtered.

Jake is alive: She's angry at Jake and we don't see her again...why? Because she serves no purpose. If she gains powers thats cool and all but she still has no use for the story being behind so far.

She doesn't have SIN nor HERO's backing...she's just human. She won't get no revenge on MC if he killed Jake and even if she gained powers she's effectively...useless. Yeah pretty much.
I mean... technically we still aren't really sure why she had such a violent reaction to Jake's mind control. Personally, I took that to imply that she's genetically pre-disposed to superhumanity. Maybe she's a potential heir to the 3rd (or was it the 4th?) and affecting her memory is a big deal for her.

Reactions: RevyTwoHands87

ItzSyther

Dec 3, 2018
I mean... technically we still aren't really sure why she had such a violent reaction to Jake's mind control. Personally, I took that to imply that she's genetically pre-disposed to superhumanity. Maybe she's a potential heir to the 3rd (or was it the 4th?) and affecting her memory is a big deal for her.
Her reaction could have been a number of things:

Perhaps ol Mia simply had a medical condition that wasn't revealed...cause you know the MC and the player has seen her very few times and knows little of the screaming banshee.

Or Jake did wayyyy too much and it fucked Mia up big time (likely).

Could also be what you said with her being pre-disposed to suerhumanity...I mean like thats the whole point of the Eugenics shit HERO did but then again plenty of humans still have super bad reactions to 'supernatural fuckery' (Dave and Jared's goons as example).

But at any rate what I took from that scene was Jake just being a fool and simply did too much to the lil banshee and her lil mind couldn't handle it.

KingAgamemnon

Aug 7, 2022
Her reaction could have been a number of things:

Perhaps ol Mia simply had a medical condition that wasn't revealed...cause you know the MC and the player has seen her very few times and knows little of the screaming banshee.

Or Jake did wayyyy too much and it fucked Mia up big time (likely).

Could also be what you said with her being pre-disposed to suerhumanity...I mean like thats the whole point of the Eugenics shit HERO did but then again plenty of humans still have super bad reactions to 'supernatural fuckery' (Dave and Jared's goons as example).

But at any rate what I took from that scene was Jake just being a fool and simply did too much to the lil banshee and her lil mind couldn't handle it.
Yes, but recall she still had a violent reaction when MC and Jake (if you spared him) repaired her mind.

ItzSyther

Dec 3, 2018
Yes, but recall she still had a violent reaction when MC and Jake (if you spared him) repaired her mind.
I'm pretty sure anyone (human) would have a violent or bad reaction if they were having their mind literally fixed up and having their memories restored.

That doesn't really go in the favor of "OH SHIT SHE'S POTENTIALLY A SUPERHUMIE!" to me.

Does she still have the same violent reaction if its just MC?

I do wonder if Mia was on Ella's list of candidates but I doubt it since MC didn't mention her at all being on it when he saw it.

Edit: just hopped in to see if its the same. Her reaction is tame at best when MC fixes her up with some minor pain at least tellin by her reaction to it.

4.80 star(s) 311 Votes