DrakoGhoul

Engaged Member
Jul 13, 2018
I'm aware of that connection, and I definitely think there's something with that, too. But the Syla/Scylla thing feels deliberate. It's the fact that the M43's tentacle heads look so canine, I can't write that off as a coincidence. I don't think this is anything super important, like I said I have no theory to go with this. Realistically, it's probably just WeirdWorld using some wordplay to double up on the mythology references for the fun of it. But I thought it was interesting and wanted to share it.
I don't really see how you feel that way. Scylla being related to M43 doesn't mean it has to include Syla because they're connected. M43 and Syla connection comes from their ties to the 4th and Memory trait. As we now know Syla is the 4th's previous Chosen. Which means she was much higher than the M43's. At most, you could say Syla, if she had a monster form, created them. That's likely where it ends.

In the mythology with Sila and Silas they create half breeds, can shapeshift and see lightning as a symbol of them having to return home. Something we know Syla doesn't want to do with the 4th. There's also her not being loyal at all. First leaving to serve the 7th with Valravn and then leaving Valravn to be with Steve and MC. With all of that, it leans more to Syla being based off of that. From her appearance and behavior. Especially the part about half breeds, since MC is a halfbreed.

So yeah, I'm not quite understanding why you feel there has to be a connection with Scylla and Syla because of the M43. M43 can be based off of Scylla without Syla being tied to it.

Apr 17, 2024
Some more context and my own theories:
Scylla comes from othe greek word "Σκύλλα", The greek pronounciation is "Skeelah", and it means "female dog".
The word in english is translated as "Bitch" and it carries both the literal and the derogatory meaning.
For some reason, the english pronounciation drops the C, I don't know why and it doesn't really make sense to me other than phonetics, but it is what it is.

If I had to guess, I'd say that the M43 being called Scylla is a likely scenario.
Syla on the other hand.. she probably comes from another fairytale. I think the similarity with the pronounciation of "Scylla" is just a coincidence, and given that she likes shortened nicknames, her real name is probably not Syla, but something longer which can be shortened to "Syla", like let's say Priscilla or something.

Every Chosen is named after a mythological entity without any distortions and these names are prominent enough that a google search will yield the relevant results without much hassle. This doesn't apply to Syla's case and that's why I susect there is more to it.

1. Reasons why Syla and the M43 look alike:
I was probably the first to voice this similarity, and I noticed it back when WW posted the preview picture of that monster. At that point it made some sense but nowadays I think it's not that simple.

Those two probably look alike because of WW using the same base model when drawing. Syla is revealed to have Memory powers and in her combat form she wears something similar to MC's Stone Armor.

Perhaps Sea-Human women have certain similarities and the M43 is a Variant made from a monsterfied Sea-human spawn, but I don't think it's anything more than that,

A bit of trivia: I also think that Syla hides more than her eyes with her hair. She probably has gills as this is teased in one of the flashbacks (don't remember if it's the scene with Nyx or Henri)

2. Reasons why Syla and the M43 are scared of Lightning:
Since 0.97 I started thinking about this in a different light. I theorized that Syla is an alt-human due to the "lightning" memory sequence, although at this point I couldn't tell if she was a Sea-human or not. In 0.98 we learned that MC has a Sea-human heritage, which means that Syla is a Sea-human.

M43 is shown to have affinity for Water.
Syla is a Sea-human and according to the flashbacks, the race has affinity for Water.
MC is the son of Syla, so a half Sea-human who should have inherited some affinity for Water.

Water conducts Electricity (Lightning), a fact that is used by various games as a "weakness" of shorts. An obvious example is pokemon, where Electric attacks are supereffective against Water type, but it's also present in other games, where Lightning attacks deal more damage to water elementals etc.

So I think that the reason why all these individuals have some issue with Lightning/Electricity, is their affinity for water.
For MC in particular, I suspect that the conductivity along with his shapeshifting powers, will allow him to take advantage of this. Same can't be said for the others as their shapeshifting abilities seem different in scope.
I had not considered that "Syla" might be a contraction of her full name, that's a neat idea. I don't see anything from a quick search, but it seems plausible. Neat. As for your other points, could be. I do think that if Syla is related to the M43, it's probably more because of them having a similar base than anything else. And the sea-humans being weak to electricity could explain things, but I'd personally hold off on that until we'd seen one get zapped.

I don't really see how you feel that way. Scylla being related to M43 doesn't mean it has to include Syla because they're connected. M43 and Syla connection comes from their ties to the 4th and Memory trait. As we now know Syla is the 4th's previous Chosen. Which means she was much higher than the M43's. At most, you could say Syla, if she had a monster form, created them. That's likely where it ends.

In the mythology with Sila and Silas they create half breeds, can shapeshift and see lightning as a symbol of them having to return home. Something we know Syla doesn't want to do with the 4th. There's also her not being loyal at all. First leaving to serve the 7th with Valravn and then leaving Valravn to be with Steve and MC. With all of that, it leans more to Syla being based off of that. From her appearance and behavior. Especially the part about half breeds, since MC is a halfbreed.

So yeah, I'm not quite understanding why you feel there has to be a connection with Scylla and Syla because of the M43. M43 can be based off of Scylla without Syla being tied to it.
I'm really just remarking on the weirdness of the similar names. Just a "huh, that's funny" and nothing more. But you did remind me of some details of the sila myth that I was ignoring, and now the connection between Syla and the M43 seems stronger to me, actually. Because the M43 also had an association between its fear of lightning and fear of returning home.

M43's memories said:
I see flashes through my mind, thunder, lightning, and a deep fear of returning home. I'm not sure what to make of it, but it all feels somewhat...familiar.

(A strange memory to extract... I guess I'm not a fan of lightning either, but I wonder if-)
So the M43 is a reference to Scylla, but it's also a reference to sila, being a shapeshifter that associates lightning with going home. That is doubly weird, then. I still don't know what this means, but there's something there. Maybe Syla did create the M43's line, and they inherited her fears through some sort of genetic memory? Or maybe it's also afraid of disappointing the 4th Apostle, for its own reasons?

Reactions: SquallofNight

DrakoGhoul

Engaged Member
Jul 13, 2018
I had not considered that "Syla" might be a contraction of her full name, that's a neat idea. I don't see anything from a quick search, but it seems plausible. Neat. As for your other points, could be. I do think that if Syla is related to the M43, it's probably more because of them having a similar base than anything else. And the sea-humans being weak to electricity could explain things, but I'd personally hold off on that until we'd seen one get zapped.

I'm really just remarking on the weirdness of the similar names. Just a "huh, that's funny" and nothing more. But you did remind me of some details of the sila myth that I was ignoring, and now the connection between Syla and the M43 seems stronger to me, actually. Because the M43 also had an association between its fear of lightning and fear of returning home.

So the M43 is a reference to Scylla, but it's also a reference to sila, being a shapeshifter that associates lightning with going home. That is doubly weird, then. I still don't know what this means, but there's something there. Maybe Syla did create the M43's line, and they inherited her fears through some sort of genetic memory? Or maybe it's also afraid of disappointing the 4th Apostle, for its own reasons?
How I see it. Syla and M43 are connected. That's undeniable as both have the memory trait with Syla possibly creating them. We know they're connected because of the 4th taking the appearance of the M43 at the beginning of the game and MC remarks that it's similar to the M43 when he meets her. Which means Syla's monster form likely resembles M43. Since MC never saw a M43 before that point, as far as we know. The 4th took Syla's form. We still haven't seen his accident though.

M43 is based off Scylla from mythology.

Syla is based off of Silas from mythology.

Syla likely isn't based off Scylla from mythology.

While the two are connected, Syla is higher than M43's in the hierarchy. Which means they're likely vastly different in monster appearance. Unless, Syla and M43 are from the same exact family or she made them all through breeding. As M43 base form is the same across their entire monster species. Could be like Eisheth with the M66 being like little mini versions of her. Though, that would mean Syla got fucked like crazy by monsters. We all know the 4th would approve of it.

Apr 17, 2024
How I see it. Syla and M43 are connected. That's undeniable as both have the memory trait with Syla possibly creating them. We know they're connected because of the 4th taking the appearance of the M43 at the beginning of the game and MC remarks that it's similar to the M43 when he meets her. Which means Syla's monster form likely resembles M43. Since MC never saw a M43 before that point, as far as we know. The 4th took Syla's form. We still haven't seen his accident though.

M43 is based off Scylla from mythology.

Syla is based off of Silas from mythology.

Syla likely isn't based off Scylla from mythology.

While the two are connected, Syla is higher than M43's in the hierarchy. Which means they're likely vastly different in monster appearance. Unless, Syla and M43 are from the same exact family or she made them all through breeding. As M43 base form is the same across their entire monster species. Could be like Eisheth with the M66 being like little mini versions of her. Though, that would mean Syla got fucked like crazy by monsters. We all know the 4th would approve of it.
That sounds pretty right to me. Syla being connected to the M43 in some way, but not being the same thing, the M43 being a descendant or lesser cousin. I agree that Syla being an M43 would be a theory too far. But it being a chain of terrible wordplay, Syla being a sila related to a Scylla, that I'm confident on. Whatever else it means, it's a bad joke as well.

Ddlc

Jun 22, 2017
We have that from Eisheth (mother of the Estries as she says) and also from Aglaec, she had plenty of sons killed at the battle of the diamonds, so we have precedents if Syla did have monster children like other chosen, in that case she could be the progenitor of the M43.

I would find it a little strange however, considering how much Syla is attached to Mc could she really have birthed a whole species of monsters and not care about them ? For now i will believe that Syla and M43 look the same because of their connection to the 4th, maybe Memory is the one who created the M43 in the first place.

DrakoGhoul

Engaged Member
Jul 13, 2018
We have that from Eisheth (mother of the Estries as she says) and also from Aglaec, she had plenty of sons killed at the battle of the diamonds, so we have precedents if Syla did have monster children like other chosen, in that case she could be the progenitor of the M43.

I would find it a little strange however, considering how much Syla is attached to Mc could she really have birthed a whole species of monsters and not care about them ? For now i will believe that Syla and M43 look the same because of their connection to the 4th, maybe Memory is the one who created the M43 in the first place.
That's why I mentioned the M66, Eisheth's children number. Eisheth might've had them all, which is why they all look like her. So if we believe Syla and M43's are nearly identical in appearance, that could only mean she mated with plenty of monsters to have them all. Something that she implies the 4th made her do. As we know the 4th wanted Ella to do the same when she was deemed a failure. Breed and spread her genes.

The infection route wouldn't make quite enough sense without more in game showings. As the infection process doesn't make one to one like birthing can do. Minyaks for example only birth other M22s but their infection can create a different outcome. With Eisheth, it's likely the same with M66. Only Aglaecwif seems to be the current outlier, as she births mostly males. Though, I'm still with my own theory that her child with MC is a girl this time.

So looking back at Syla and the fact that M43 is the base form for all M43s that exist, according to Nico. The only way Syla is the Creator of them is through breeding as infection would be unlikely to make the same being over and over again. As every other beings turned by Syla would have varying degrees of different monster compatibilities that would result in different monsters. Where as, M43s are like M22s as far as we currently know.

So ultimately, that's why I don't believe Syla and M43 are the same in appearance or close in generation. They're undoubtedly connected and I have never said otherwise. But I don't think Syla is a M43 and fucked to have them all. Unless the parent of the M43 species was made by Syla's through infection or birth and then they had an army of M43s. That's one of the ways, via infection, I could see them closely resembling Syla while not having her actually be the one out there breeding like there's no tomorrow.

LordGid

Sep 27, 2017
The M43 and Syla likely both fear lightning for the same reason the MC doesn't like electricity after he gets his powers (sudden uncontrolled cellular growth resulting in the body exploding). As for them looking similar its probably due to them both being decedents of the 4th as the 4th hides her face in the same way when she shape shifts into a more human looking form, both Syla and the M43 likely picked it up from her might even be behavior that is genetically programed.

catmanHoward

Sep 2, 2017
I wonder if it'll ever be brought up that MC (optionally) fucked Jared as Amber that one time.
There hasn't really been much reaction to the MC fucking guys as a girl in general.

DrakoGhoul

Engaged Member
Jul 13, 2018
I wonder if it'll ever be brought up that MC (optionally) fucked Jared as Amber that one time.
There hasn't really been much reaction to the MC fucking guys as a girl in general.
MC fucked Jared with his female form too, from what I heard. I never chose that option towards the end of the cheerleader route but apparently he fucks him and breaks his dick.

Personally, I just beat his ass and called it a day so I don't know how true that is in game.

Sayajin2205

Apr 21, 2022
MC fucked Jared with his female form too, from what I heard. I never chose that option towards the end of the cheerleader route but apparently he fucks him and breaks his dick.

Personally, I just beat his ass and called it a day so I don't know how true that is in game.
It is true I checked that shit out lol.Atleast Jared hating the mc makes some sense Mc pretty much tool everything from him lol.Cole is the real bitch hating on mc even before ever meeting him.

DrakoGhoul

Engaged Member
Jul 13, 2018
It is true I checked that shit out lol.Atleast Jared hating the mc makes some sense Mc pretty much tool everything from him lol.Cole is the real bitch hating on mc even before ever meeting him.
That conversation has to be weird in the future. Does Jared get scared of FMV when he sees her again while MC is on the run, if you fucked him? I recall that if you broke his arm, FMC asks him how he arm is. So I wonder what everyone's reaction is, if FMC fucked him and broke his dick. Especially since Tess and Jess are right there too.

FakeTemplar

May 9, 2023
That conversation has to be weird in the future. Does Jared get scared of FMV when he sees her again while MC is on the run, if you fucked him? I recall that if you broke his arm, FMC asks him how he arm is. So I wonder what everyone's reaction is, if FMC fucked him and broke his dick. Especially since Tess and Jess are right there too.
Sadly, Tess and Jess doesn't even react to it lol. FemMC just asks "how are you down there?", Jared gets pissed as always and the conversation continues as normal.

catmanHoward

Sep 2, 2017
Yeah, after Jess breaks up with him for trying to fuck the feMC you can basically be like 'you wanted to fuck me right'? then you fuck him, and at the end you snap his dick.
Except even to this point in the story, only the MCs friends(and Clark) know about the female form, so Jared might not yet realise that girl is the MC.
But I just sorta want scenes where people bring up the fact the MC fuck guys as a girl.
Maybe have Amber find out the reason Jared was convined he fucked her is because he did from his POV
Emily finding out MC turned into her and tentacled himself.
Tess bringing up the time she and MC fucked some guys together.
Jordan asking for another titjob

Jared finding out he fucked the MC if he doesn't already know.

FakeTemplar

May 9, 2023
Speaking of the FMC, I'm surprised there wasn't any checks if you named the FMC the same as the MC.

"You know, while I am still surprised that you were him all along, in hindsight it was pretty obvious."
What surprised me is the fact that you can put MC's name as his hero name and it plays out normally. I would have thought that the game would at least prevent you.

Reactions: A fleeting presence
4.80 star(s) 323 Votes