Johan_0000

Apr 14, 2023
Maan I have been stalking this thread for the last week even though I knew the update would be for minimum the 29th lol

Oh I see you're a Lloyd enjoyer Grimnir098
I put that on pause at some point, is the ride still enjoyable? or did the qualiry drop?

THX

adanu

Mar 28, 2020
Respectfully disagree. The guy is a self entitled jerk. At every step of the way, his role could have been fulfilled by mia(smarter), Michael (more dependable). The guy brings nothing to the story except being a weakpoint in mc life, that his enemies exploit, because genius Deryl goes from one fuck up to the next, while the mc has to clean up his messes.

But the thing that really ruins his character is the forced friendship. Wish you could tell the cunt to fuck off at the begining of the game and have no further interaction with him.
This is not respectfully disagreeing, this is a veiled passive aggressive tantrum that has no bearing on the reality of their relationship.

You are wrong. It's as simple as that.

Gambit33

Apr 10, 2023
What the fuck are you talking about?
How is Daryl more complex than Deryl?
How would nothing be lost if Deryl was removed from the story? Deryl was the impetus for the cheerleader side route. Deryl spiced up the Jake fight. Deryl leaked the MC's secret identity. The MC probably wouldn't be doing anything interesting during the Battle of the Diamond. Deryl is the reason the MC reached level 3. Possibly more I'm not forgetting.
Not to mention, the story isn't over yet. Who knows what Deryl will do in the future. I wouldn't be surprised if he figured out how to create Xanthe's evolution serum and started producing it for the MC and the gang.
Yeah I call bullshit on that. Anyone could have been the impetus for the cheerleader side route.

By "spiced up" you mean needlessly complicated the Jake fight, and even after he breaks free of the mind control he still tries to kill the mc for shits and giggles. And we as the player are forced to brush off that clusterfuck as some form of friendship building exercise instead of killing the shithead and ridding us of the annoyance.

All the rest other characters could easily replace Deryl and nothing would be lost.

As for the battle of the diamond? Oh look another fucking example of Deryl fucking up, as always, and the mc having to clean up his mess.

Grimnir098

Jan 27, 2021
Yeah I call bullshit on that. Anyone could have been the impetus for the cheerleader side route.
Really? Who could have spurred the MC to infiltrate the cheerleaders, then? For what reason?

By "spiced up" you mean needlessly complicated the Jake fight, and even after he breaks free of the mind control he still tries to kill the mc for shits and giggles. And we as the player are forced to brush off that clusterfuck as some form of friendship building exercise instead of killing the shithead and ridding us of the annoyance.
Needless from who's perspective? From a narrative perspective, it did need to happen, so Deryl could break Jake's imprint and then monsterfy.
And he doesn't try to kill the MC, he just wants to see if he can beat him. Don't get your panties in a twist.

All the rest other characters could easily replace Deryl and nothing would be lost.
And yet you haven't even come close to proving that.

As for the battle of the diamond? Oh look another fucking example of Deryl fucking up, as always, and the mc having to clean up his mess.
Didn't you say you have no issue with controversial characters so long as they're well-written. What does Deryl always fucking up and the MC having to clean up his mess have to do with good writing? Unless, of course, that was a lie, and your issue with Deryl has nothing to do with whether or not WW wrote him well?

Anyway, that battle didn't happen because of Deryl. All Deryl did is provide three awesome fights, fights which triggered Michael's power, and caused both Alice and MC to evolve.

Apr 16, 2020
Just wanted to say for anyone expecting the update tonight (or morning for some folks) that Weird said via his most recent post on Patreon that its possible he won't meet his ideal deadline of the 29th.

Seems like that'll be the case unfortunately.
A big shame but a word from WW is appreciated, it ended the anticipation/expectation of a release today and made my mind at peace... Big thanks for spreading the word!

ItzSyther

Dec 3, 2018
That was from 12 days ago, I fought you said that he put an something today about a delay
Did I ever mention what day it came from? No, I didn't.

We go by what we have available to us and that is it (Weird isn't exactly the most communicative person outside of his streams don't cha know?).

You said and I quote " There is nothing on his patreon about a delay in his deadline" but there was, 12 days ago.

The one thing about Weird is that he is consistent about what he says in his devblogs. If he says there could be a delay then there very well could be, which we saw here.

ItzSyther

Dec 3, 2018
Ya but that Patreon post is the first post that is mentioning the deadline
False, the post prior to the Alice outfit reveal (devblog 78) mentions it as well being 'probably' at the end of June.
1719655592736.png
We can take this as him potentially foreseeing a possible delay from that point which is why he said 'probably'.

Ultimately he has shown that it was going to be 'probably' at the end of June. Its also possible due to delays we get it July 1st, who knows?

Apr 16, 2020
Did...did bro delete his message? :KEK:
No need to rub it in, his points were valid. He just didn't know that some, like me, thought that the update was today and was waiting in anticipation like a dog☠. Anyway if the update is not today, then tomorrow, if not tomorrow then another day. ((Not like it matters for me anyway, I am currently not subscribed to his Patreon or Subscibestar.))

adanu

Mar 28, 2020
idk why people don't hedge in their statements more. It lets you set expectations and still give you a way if you don't for any reasons meet those expectations.

Absolute statements are hardly ever necessary people.
Dodging accountability might be fine for some, but I have more conviction for my views than that. Why do I need to pretend not to stand by what I say on a forum?

Bleh21

Dec 4, 2018
Dodging accountability might be fine for some, but I have more conviction for my views than that. Why do I need to pretend not to stand by what I say on a forum?
Its not dodging accountability, it's being humble enough to know you probably don't know everything and you can't possibly account for everything. It's giving appropriate weight to you beliefs.

4.80 star(s) 334 Votes