gargamel44

May 11, 2023
That's probably way too much to expect. I mean I get it, options are nice and all but you can't expect to have a meaningful option early on in the game where you just refuse to join HERO and have the game continue because it would require a whole other path to play through the game with different battles, enemies, alliances, etc. which would more than double the size and content required to make happen. That is just not realistic. So the choices have to be shallow with limited consequences.

Personally I just like the lore, epic fights, evolutions, etc. That's really what I like most about this game. Grammar and spelling needs a lot of help but I fuck up a lot too so it's not for me to judge and it doesn't bother me that much.
Of course I understand what you mean. But imagine in the future the MC leaving those groups becomes a necessity for the plot progression. Then, our previous choices that define our morality would matter and we would get to choose more significant choices leaning towards the type of mc you wanted him to be.

I'm thinking about something close to the end of the game, I don't expect big branches given how much work is needed for every update.

But for example I'd want to decide whether I want a final where I pursue HERO's ideals, or where I follow Ella's plans, or you know, where I say fuck y'all and I do my own thing, whether it's good or bad.

IHC

May 8, 2021
I'M LOSING MY MIND I'M LOSING MY MIND I'M LOSING MY MIND I'M LOSING MY MIND I'M LOSING MY MIND I'M LOSING MY MIND I'M LOSING MY MIND I'M LOSING MY MIND I'M LOSING MY MIND I'M LOSING MY MIND I'M LOSING MY MIND I'M LOSING MY MIND I'M LOSING MY MIND I'M LOSING MY MIND I'M LOSING MY MIND I'M LOSING MY MIND I'M LOSING MY MIND I'M LOSING MY MIND I'M LOSING MY MIND I'M LOSING MY MIND I'M LOSING MY MIND I'M LOSING MY MIND I'M LOSING MY MIND
HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP

KKStrider

Mar 26, 2020
The world of Superhuman is pretty firmly in the grey area of morality, which makes sense genre-wise. There's cosmic horror, crime thriller and political conspiracy, all mixed up with a hint of dystopia. Pure good options in one such settings almost never exist let alone one where all genres collide, and if they do they're generally naïve idealists who can't adjust to the realpolitik and cold calculations the existential threats of the setting necessitate or get stomped out earlier in the lore. Examples of this are Elijah Gunvald or the formerly existent research group that was trying to reverse monsterification. There was never going to be a 'good' option.

I think even the MC's writing is reflective of that. In my opinion, he's by default Chaotic Neutral and even if played as 'good' is only shallowly caring of right or wrong and generally focused on his own wants and desires. Those desires can involve avoiding killing, fighting for his friends and generally being preservative of human life if the player so chooses. Yet even a 'good' MC still appears to have amorality and general apathy as an intrinsic part of his character. He will befriend mafia princess Alice and work for her, he will pal around with battle hungry assassin Michael, he will partner up with patricide planning ice queen Tiffany and he will always consider perverted egotistical gasoline spamming dickhead Deryl his best friend no matter what you do. Me personally, I'd never let someone deciding to light me on fire after they've broken their mind control slide, but the MC is apparently doesn't care that much.

But I don't think this is a weakness in his writing. In fact, I think his amorality actually assists in giving the player agency over his actions without making him seem out of character; he's always just went with what he felt like, how is what you chose in that moment any different? I can easily see someone like the MC just going along with a morally questionable organisation, or just no-selling corruption gain in situations where the death toll he's wracked up would effect anyone else because doing so isn't actually monstrous instinct but just him.

IHC

May 8, 2021
I'M LOSING MY MIND I'M LOSING MY MIND I'M LOSING MY MIND I'M LOSING MY MIND I'M LOSING MY MIND I'M LOSING MY MIND I'M LOSING MY MIND I'M LOSING MY MIND I'M LOSING MY MIND I'M LOSING MY MIND I'M LOSING MY MIND I'M LOSING MY MIND I'M LOSING MY MIND I'M LOSING MY MIND I'M LOSING MY MIND I'M LOSING MY MIND I'M LOSING MY MIND I'M LOSING MY MIND I'M LOSING MY MIND I'M LOSING MY MIND I'M LOSING MY MIND I'M LOSING MY MIND I'M LOSING MY MIND
HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP
now I understand the feeling of drug addicts when they are abourto break down

ima keep myself REAL safe

plong

Mar 16, 2019
So I have a question for all of you folks.

If you had to pick two characters besides the MC to have their power who'd it be?

I'd go with Jake since his powers go hard as fuck.

Weaponizing the entirety of human kind to do my bidding just sounds abusable

Klaus is a close second cause his powers are very versatile.
There's only one choice: Shadow, living the life of a good boy without having to deal with all the problems reality throws at people in general.

4.80 star(s) 335 Votes