Sayajin2205

Apr 21, 2022
1. MC can use his tails to suspend himself in the air.
2. MC can fly at Mach9 and rebuild his wings in an instant in his light form. Bombs aren't enough to force him to the ground if he doesn't want to.
3. Devana doesn't have any defenses (yet), so staying and spamming bombs just makes her a target for a stray tail.
4. She can't both use her bunker and spam bombs at the same time because she needs line of sight and MC can easily snipe her through slits because his tails are autonomous and can do the targeting themselves.
5. MC can just hide himself behind his huge tails and Devana won't have line of sight to bomb his wings

If Devana has the ability to just keep destroying MC's wings, then why didn't she when Evander was trying his damnest to connect? Instead she had her Bakunawa playing ping pong with him.

The only reason MC had trouble in this fight was because he had to protect his friends. Otherwise he would just use hit and run tactics and he has way higher mobility than the twins. He was forced to fight against 2 unknowns and Evander has a counter power.

There are a myriad things Devana can do to get better at fighting, starting with an armored suit, a way to fly by herself and creating monsters that are more glass-cannony so despite dying to a single hit, they pack a punch. Till she improves though, there is nothing

Having access to nuclear bombs or stronger monsters doesn't really mean anything for her combat power. She needs better applications.
MC also has enough firepower to penetrate pretty much anything with that spear form of his, but it's almost impossible to use in most fights because it needs time to build, enough space and a stationary target.
1000045099.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: Netao_Da_Caxixola
Jul 28, 2017
I'm under the impression that perfectly joining with the Eye will be part of a high corruption ending. During the monster dreams while still in college, there's this:

Unknown "More."
Unknown "We need more."
You "H-Huh? *snore*"
Unknown "Every opportunity. Every single one. Always devour. Always."
Unknown "Our end requires it."

Feels like a fourth wall break because I have a hard time picturing how MC becoming all powerful will mean their "end" and even if we assume that it means MC will somehow change the divine status quo in a very grand manner, using the word "end" is a bit iffy.
Add to it that the Eye tells you that you need to consume in order to achieve the heights of power.
So it makes sense.
The non corruption endings will probably deal with the Eye in some other way.

As for the level 5 trials, I have some theories, but I think the crux of the matter will be for MC to formally inherit the Evolution trait. Of course I expect the Eye to play into this somehow but at this point I really can't tell to what degree.
back-to-the-future-taking-notes.gif

AgumenticR

Sep 6, 2018
They are definitely chosen by something...not apostles but they are bound to some vastly powerful entities. Whether they are spawns of those entities...probably not. Just as the MC is not the spawn of the entity that chose him...the weird eye thing without a name calling itself an origin.
I'm sorry, could you point to the lines that made you think so? From Dead End 43 we get that Malik is "Completed, but kept whole by faith.", Henri is "Ascendant, yet still unborn." and Bernhardt is "Old, but somehow... Unbound". Where do you get that they've been chosen by something?

Last edited:
Reactions: TerminusPrime

Gtdead

Jul 13, 2021
I'm sorry, could you point to the lines that made you think so? From Dead End 43 we get that Malik is "Completed, but kept whole by faith.", Henry is "Ascendant, yet still unborn." and Bernhardt is "Old, but somehow... Unbound". Where do you get that they've been chosen by something?
The idea is a bit complex, but it looks like this:
1. Eisheth tells us that Bernhardt is the spawn of a fairly weak monster. MC tells us that fire monsters are dime-a-dozen and insinuates that Malik is one such spawn.
2. Vestige tells us that Henri possesses the power of a long forgotten deity.
3. Malik, Bernhardt and Henri are fairly equal in power
4. The Eye recognises those 3 as special entities
5. The word "Chosen" doesn't apply only to the Apostle Chosen, but to MC with the Eye too, as per 2nd evolution dialogue.

So based on all these and considering that Bernhardt/Malik did not start out as some sort of god-spawn, it stands to reason that those 3 are Chosen. The particulars are unknown at this point.

AgumenticR

Sep 6, 2018
The idea is a bit complex, but it looks like this:
1. Eisheth tells us that Bernhardt is the spawn of a fairly weak monster. MC tells us that fire monsters are dime-a-dozen and insinuates that Malik is one such spawn.
2. Vestige tells us that Henri possesses the power of a long forgotten deity.
3. Malik, Bernhardt and Henri are fairly equal in power
4. The Eye recognises those 3 as special entities
5. The word "Chosen" doesn't apply only to the Apostle Chosen, but to MC with the Eye too, as per 2nd evolution dialogue.

So based on all these and considering that Bernhardt/Malik did not start out as some sort of god-spawn, it stands to reason that those 3 are Chosen. The particulars are unknown at this point.
I am not gonna lie, that seems like a stretch on several points.
1) Though Henri posses the strength of a long forgotten deity, it's "born anew". Could it not mean that he simply fulfilled the same conditions for getting that power, without being chosen by anything conscious?
2) Why the assumption that the only way to equal the aforementioned strength is by being chosen by something? Couldn't Bernhardt and maybe Malik simply be gigachads whose strength grew to equal gods by their own efforts?

All in all, that seems like a fair theory, but I wouldn't say it's "definitely" true.

Dark479

Dec 15, 2023
I'm sorry, could you point to the lines that made you think so? From Dead End 43 we get that Malik is "Completed, but kept whole by faith.", Henri is "Ascendant, yet still unborn." and Bernhardt is "Old, but somehow... Unbound". Where do you get that they've been chosen by something?
Dead end 42 is what you need to see, not 43. When the MC evolves with the eye he realizes what the three main HERO agents are and he is stunned how they were allowed to exist. And there is an image of the three entities they are each bonded with...each matching the aura/ability of each of the three. Green crackling sphere pertaining to Bernhardt, the purple energy sphere of Henrick, and fire sphere of Malik. The only 3 NPCs that we know to have gotten their 5th evolution naturally are all chosen.

zandalari

May 4, 2019
Dead end 42 is what you need to see, not 43. When the MC evolves with the eye he realizes what the three main HERO agents are and he is stunned how they were allowed to exist. And there is an image of the three entities they are each bonded with...each matching the aura/ability of each of the three. Green crackling sphere pertaining to Bernhardt, the purple energy sphere of Henrick, and fire sphere of Malik. The only 3 NPCs that we know to have gotten their 5th evolution naturally are all chosen.
They are not bonded to anything... The spheres are merely representations of them so the player knows who the MC is talking about.

Nor are they chosen by anything. They are simply super strong freaks of nature. There is no proof that they are anything else.

AgumenticR

Sep 6, 2018
Yes, that's the Dead End 43. As can be seen from the image, only Henri is what you'd call "doubled-up", with Bernhardt being all wind and Malik being all fire. That's just their powers, nothing indicating it's something that choose them.

Gtdead

Jul 13, 2021
I am not gonna lie, that seems like a stretch on several points.
1) Though Henri posses the strength of a long forgotten deity, it's "born anew". Could it not mean that he simply fulfilled the same conditions for getting that power, without being chosen by anything conscious?
2) Why the assumption that the only way to equal the aforementioned strength is by being chosen by something? Couldn't Bernhardt and maybe Malik simply be gigachads whose strength grew to equal gods by their own efforts?

All in all, that seems like a fair theory, but I wouldn't say it's "definitely" true.
Won't disagree. Personally I don't care about the idea of "Chosen" that much. It seems like a lose title anyway. For example Aos is the Chosen of Ether, and Ether wants Alice to kill him and inherit Space. It's not like being a "Chosen" means much in the grand scheme of things, at least as far as we've seen. At most it may have to do with getting some gift from your patron (like Valravn), getting some extra knowledge (like Ella? not sure about this but there are indications) etc.

Thing is, that these "gifts" are the most tangible things we have in order to speculate on what being a "Chosen" means and that's thin anyway. So basically, unless we gain some new info, the big Trio being gifted power above their "station" is as good as any.

For your points specifically,
1) Henri is the inheritor of the same power that the king of Seahumans possessed. This is probably what the "born anew" was referring to, in a sense of "The power died with the Seahuman king, but it's born anew with Henri". Funny thing is that the eye calls him "Ascendant, yet still unborn". Also don't forget that Henri literally reached level 5 in a week, so expecting him to do much to "attain" this power is probably out of the question.

2) The lore of the game so far supports that being turned by a stronger monster makes you a stronger Superhuman. The only one who objects to this is Nico and truthfully, not only she is the dumbest character in the game, but her examples don't really work. For example she talks about training being the reason she is the best, but she doesn't even need more power to shoot someone to space than she did at level 3. From there on, there's Syla who says that lesser spawn can be dangerous because their evolutions may cook up some overpowered ability.

Last edited:

Dark479

Dec 15, 2023
Yes, that's the Dead End 43. As can be seen from the image, only Henri is what you'd call "doubled-up", with Bernhardt being all wind and Malik being all fire. That's just their powers, nothing indicating it's something that choose them.
They are not bonded to anything... The spheres are merely representations of them so the player knows who the MC is talking about.

Nor are they chosen by anything. They are simply super strong freaks of nature. There is no proof that they are anything else.
Those are not just their powers...those are clearly stated to be aberrations...the entities those powers came from...similar to the MC's eye. Nameless entities, unknown and not well understood but separate: 43-3.png

zandalari

May 4, 2019
Those are not just their powers...those are clearly stated to be aberrations...the entities those powers came from...similar to the MC's eye. Nameless entities, unknown and not well understood but separate: View attachment 3800520
I'm afraid you have missed the entire point of the scene. The key is in the descriptions..

"Completed, but kept whole by faith."
"Ascendant, yet still unborn."
"Old, but somehow unbound."

There is only ONE explanation for why they are the way the are that is supported by actual lore and not cope or reaching so far that your joints pop out.

When the spawn reach a certain power level, they ascend to the higher plane/dimension. We KNOW this for a fact because the Towers exist. One in the Dream City where "humanity ascended" and a whole host of them in the Dark World where the corrupt ascend. Same place that scared the MC shitless and is close to the divine with Apostles occasionally walking around.

The Trio have resisted the calls to ascend and thus have kept on accumulating absolutely stupid amounts of power and breaking the balance. They are the equivalent of 30 year olds sitting in grade school because they refuse to take their papers and get the hell out. Anything about "bonding" and "being chosen" has exactly 0 proof and the equivalent of "god did it lol".

Dark479

Dec 15, 2023
There is only ONE explanation for why they are the way the are that is supported by actual lore and not cope or reaching so far that your joints pop out.
This seems like an overly hostile response imo. At any rate the fact the ONLY the natural level 5s are like this, not a single one of the serum evolved 5s makes it abundantly clear that this is not something normal to 5th evolutions and those are not just powers obtained randomly...especially not for superhumans made by weak/common monsters. Those are not powers that normally come from evolution. An the fact that they are outright called aberrations is more than enough.

Last edited:

Sayajin2205

Apr 21, 2022
This seems like an overly hostile response imo. At any rate the fact the ONLY the natural level 5s are like this, not a single one of the serum evolved 5s makes it abundantly clear that this is not something normal to 5th evolutions and those are not just powers obtained randomly...especially not for superhumans made by weak/common monsters. Those are not powers that normally come from evolution. An the fact that they are outright called aberrations is more than enough.
Deus was called another aberrant by the eye during the dead end and seeing how powerful he is as well at level 4 he too seems like the build different type like the big three of Hero.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gtdead

Gtdead

Jul 13, 2021
I'm afraid you have missed the entire point of the scene. The key is in the descriptions..

"Completed, but kept whole by faith."
"Ascendant, yet still unborn."
"Old, but somehow unbound."

When the spawn reach a certain power level, they ascend to the higher plane/dimension. We KNOW this for a fact because the Towers exist. One in the Dream City where "humanity ascended" and a whole host of them in the Dark World where the corrupt ascend. Same place that scared the MC shitless and is close to the divine with Apostles occasionally walking around.

The Trio have resisted the calls to ascend and thus have kept on accumulating absolutely stupid amounts of power and breaking the balance. They are the equivalent of 30 year olds sitting in grade school because they refuse to take their papers and get the hell out. Anything about "bonding" and "being chosen" has exactly 0 proof and the equivalent of "god did it lol".
This interpretation doesn't seem correct to me although it has some merit. The towers are where those with high corruption ascent, according to the Vestige. This doesn't mean that everyone is supposed to do the same thing. For all we know, it's possible that there haven't even been level 5 Seahumans for the Vestige to know about except for their King, so those who ascended were just corrupted to the core. This word "ascended" can also be used to just describe a normal evolution, for example:
Valravn "Thou'st felt it, hast thou not? As thou ascends, a link inside thee, connecting to... something else, something beyond this realm."

Also remember that the big Trio was abnormally strong even before level 5, according to Henri. Which may mean that fullfilling their reuirements and reaching level 5 wasn't the catalyst for their circumstances.

Ella also seems abnormally strong. She was far stronger than her peers, she evolved quickly, battled Valravn as a level 4 and Nico couldn't really do anything to her despite being a level 5 for longer and training like nobody's business.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sayajin2205

Dark479

Dec 15, 2023
Deus was called another aberrant by the eye during the dead end and seeing how powerful he is as well at level 4 he too seems like the build different type like the big three of Hero.
Right...maybe he hides it better or the aberration/origin that chose him isn't active yet similar to the MC.

zandalari

May 4, 2019
This seems like an overly hostile response imo. At any rate the fact the ONLY the natural level 5s are like this, not a single one of the serum evolved 5s makes it abundantly clear that this is not something normal to 5th evolutions and those are not just powers obtained randomly...especially not for superhumans made by weak/common. Those are not powers that normally come from evolution. An the fact that they are outright called aberrations is more than enough.
Has it not occurred to you that serum-assisted evolutions are failed evolutions? It has been said time and time again by everyone from Ella to Xanthe that there is a spiritual component to monsters that cannot be studied or tamed. The last bits with Syla bring that home with the force of a sledgehammer. I have no doubts that the requirements for MC's 5th evolution will come when he is ready for it, has fully explored all the paths and established contact with whoever he needs to, be that his monster parent or perhaps other Apostles. Without that you're a failure forever locked from the true heights of power. Even Ella couldn't do it.

Where's my proof? The fact that the only natural 5's are so strong and everyone else can't even touch them.

This interpretation doesn't seem correct to me although it has some merit. The towers are where those with high corruption ascent, according to the Vestige. This doesn't mean that everyone is supposed to do the same thing. For all we know, it's possible that there haven't even been level 5 Seahumans for the Vestige to know about except for their King, so those who ascended were just corrupted to the core.
If they have ascended then there must a cutoff point for ascension. If corruption was the only requirement, then on what basis did "humanity" of the Dream City Tower ascend? I would think "power" being the main requirement makes the most sense, with a further split of corruption-humanity defining the location and perhaps what happens after ascension. But of course, you're free to think what you want. I prefer simplest explanations that don't require jumping through hoops.

Gtdead

Jul 13, 2021
If they have ascended then there must a cutoff point for ascension. If corruption was the only requirement, then on what basis did "humanity" of the Dream City Tower ascend? I would think "power" being the main requirement makes the most sense, with a further split of corruption-humanity defining the location and perhaps what happens after ascension. But of course, you're free to think what you want. I prefer simplest explanations that don't require jumping through hoops.
I editted my post to provide additional exposition. Also generalizing the "corruption" aspect the Vestige talks about is jumping through hoops too.

Sayajin2205

Apr 21, 2022
Brother Gtdead do you think when mc ascends to level 4 he will also join the built different squad as level 4 might finally be the place where mc makes leaps and bounds of progress due to it being the limit breaker stage and all.I already saw the post about what you think level 4 will get and it was a beautiful post but what's you prediction on a simpler question like this.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Gtdead

Ddlc

Jun 22, 2017
They were definitely holding back and not just because mom said it, Devana herself admitted that she was just fucking around and was about to summon a monster much more dangerous than before if not for Shen stopping her.

And I don't quite understand what do you mean by harder time, as through out the whole fight the only successful damage MC inflicted on the twin is only due to element of surprise, as the twin though Shen had subdued MC and were ill prepared for his sudden retaliation, it's noting more than a lucky shot really.

If they were to go all out from the start, Devana will summon her doggy that was dangerous even for MC for a 3v1, Evander will start using name moves like when he was against Met, and if the worst come to it one of them can combine both of their power to utilize moves far above that of a normal lv 3 caliber. Fighting the twin alone is an extremely dangerous endeavor even for MC and definitely not as easy as some of the people here might think.

In this updated even the MC admit that the smarter approach of fighting them will be having another equally powerful ally to fight them simultaneously.
I think they were holding back, but what i said it's that they weren't holding back that much, they were more overconfident than anything else, Evander's first move is to obliterate Mc in his lliquid form and after his second hit Devana comments on how most people can't even take a single hit, how is this the most efficient way to capture Mc ?, Devana would be better in containing him summoning something to trap him inside and Shen could make him unconscious at any moment, but what they do instead ? Fight him as if they could end the fight at any moment probably because Shen wanted to know how they would do against Ella's chosen, and he just keeps coming back.
Devana start to take it more seriously after she is stabbed in the gut but her summons barely do anything to harm Mc, Evander keeps hitting and cleaving through Mc just to be sent flying again and again and Mc keeps coming back.
Shen uses his trick, one that should by all means end things immediatly, and Mc comes back. By this point it's officially a mess.
Now back to what i said, i don't think they would be able to secure the kill even if they wanted whitout Shen, not that Mc would win, i don't think he could, and that's the point, even if they brought their full power i think Mc could survive, not by winning but by running the fuck out, he just didn't do that because they would find Amber/Liz.

4.80 star(s) 342 Votes