SquiggleBoom

May 2, 2021
While it's possible that the MC puts the idea of camgirl'ing into Amber's head I don't think its likely. If I remember right doesn't she basically say doing that goes completely against her character?

Reactions: Dysphorika

DrakoGhoul

Engaged Member
Jul 13, 2018
Quite an interesting theory.
I also have one of my own.

I believe that the word "perfect" meant that MC can steal powers, which is the ultimate evolutionary ability. Let's not forget that she used this word only after we revealed to her that we had "borrowed" the abilities / characteristics of certain animals. In addition, we have proof that it works also on super humans, because we gained some powers of the guy who made zombies out of black slime.

Ella has very similar abilities to MC but there are significant differences. Ella can change her body without restriction and at will. Her starting point is much higher than the one MC had. Unfortunately, her body is also her limitation. Although she could turn into a snake, for example, she would not have poisonous teeth. Her current form would only change shape to snake. MC is able to turn into a full-fledged snake, which would be 100% the same as the original. Unfortunately, he is limited in that he would first need to find such a snake and touch it. So take the ability to make perfect copies (+ combine the characteristics of different copies) and the ability to copy / steal other people's power, and here you have something every superhuman would love to have.

I also believe that Ella has the ability to absorb dead superhumans. That's why she gives away so many pills and tries to make her "childrens" reach their full potential. But given her behavior, I conclude that she is only able to absorb your current level of power, and that absorbed power inside her no longer evolves. Therefore, she needs only strongest individuals with the most useful abilities.

And regarding Natural and Artificial Evolutions...
I believe that artificial evolution is just an improvement on your current abilities. Something like +200% to all current stats and abilities. But natural evolution is something completely different. Not only will you get a general power boost, but there will probably be some changes and/or new abilities. In addition, the change is much more personal and adapts to your needs.

P.S.
Serum for artificial evolution is most likely created by processing monsters.
I'm pretty sure it's obvious, and everyone knows, that the serums are created from Monster essence. That's why they wanted the Fairy "corpse".

As for your "perfect" part, it's fully compatible with what I said about his power being potentially a new "Authority" type thing. If he reaches Lvl 5, Naturally, it could potentially evolve into it a higher power form and allow him to ascend into a Numbered lvl being or be on par with them.

Though, I personally don't think he can steal other's monster abilities, yet. From all his encounters with Superhumans and monsters, he mostly just devour their power and converts it into more for himself. He doesn't gain their abilities(check the Danica kill route) as it would ruin his purity. Could his ability evolve further with Evolution to do it? Sure but right now it doesn't do it. I'll have to also recheck that Danica scene.

Natural vs Artificial is pretty straightforward, like you said. Artificial uses a mixture of serums to forcefully boost themselves higher but at the cost of their abilities forming a plateau. In a sense, they contaminate themselves with ungodly amounts of different Monster essences. Natural is just staying pure with your own and evolving while being under your monster parent influence(not always the case).

We have a few examples of Artificial vs Natural Superhumans. Klaus vs MC and Ella vs Clark and Alexis.

Klaus case had him being back and forth with MC, in their final fight, before they both evolved. When it did happen the MC dominated him fully.

Clark and Alexis weren't much of a threat to Ella in the park. I'm assuming those 2 were peak Evo lvl 3 at the time but when Alexis and Clark took the serum they jumped to her lvl(4) and Ella started to struggle. Go later to the Hero HQ scene and even at Lvl 5 they weren't much threat for Ella at, most likely, a higher power lvl 4.

Anyway, that's about it for my takes, at the moment. I'm mostly holding off until I play the update as I'm sure there's going to be a lot of new details coming from Numbered Monsters, Evolution and more into what Ella's trying to do.

Dysphorika

May 5, 2019
Also I'd point out to the scene of the MC confronting Amber while his phone is still blasting the stream, if my memory isn't fucking up.
Hard to think it's her when the stream is still going on while she's right in front of us. And a recording isn't a stream, since you can't know in advance to react to messages and donations. Also, Amber can't just duplicate herself, and I doubt it's going to be Liz using her sister's colors : not only it's Amber's route and not Liz, but I don't think Liz would do something like that to her twin.
Yes, I remember the MC accusing Amber to be the camgirl while suposedly she were streaming in real time, that's why she laughed at him (you have the option to wait to her to finish or put a stop "right now").

Reactions: Rutonat

stc

Jun 11, 2017
From his update today on Patreon, update is on schedule looks like. Release probably/hopefully somewhere end of this week.

Edvin

Jun 3, 2017
Though, I personally don't think he can steal other's monster abilities, yet. From all his encounters with Superhumans and monsters, he mostly just devour their power and converts it into more for himself. He doesn't gain their abilities(check the Danica kill route) as it would ruin his purity. Could his ability evolve further with Evolution to do it? Sure but right now it doesn't do it. I'll have to also recheck that Danica scene.
The only thing that didn't allow him to fully absorb his power after the fight with Kenny was the fact that Kenny was already corrupted. If he accepted his taint, it would mean losing control (if I remember correctly, it's one of the bad endings.) But still, we were able to gain a small part of his powers after we purge and absorb his essence. However, something like this was very difficult for MC. At the time, however, we were still very weak. We are much stronger now, and if we tried something similar on an untainted superhuman, I believe we could take over his abilities almost to the fullest.

DrakoGhoul

Engaged Member
Jul 13, 2018
The only thing that didn't allow him to fully absorb his power after the fight with Kenny was the fact that Kenny was already corrupted. If he accepted his taint, it would mean losing control (if I remember correctly, it's one of the bad endings.) But still, we were able to gain a small part of his powers after we purge and absorb his essence. However, something like this was very difficult for MC. At the time, however, we were still very weak. We are much stronger now, and if we tried something similar on an untainted superhuman, I believe we could take over his abilities almost to the fullest.
Did you see the Danica one by chance? It's the one where you chose to kill her and the MC consumes her power. It has some details in it, from what I remember.

Edvin

Jun 3, 2017
Did you see the Danica one by chance? It's the one where you chose to kill her and the MC consumes her power. It has some details in it, from what I remember.
Yes, and it confirms what I said.

MC (by mistake) tried to absorb not only her strength, but also her whole being, her personality and all her memories. But one body cannot have two dominant personalities, and her full strength was more than his body was able to bear at the time. Instead of trying to absorb everything, he should have explore how her power worked and then replicate it using his own power and within his own body, just as he did with animals. But that would require time and I guess MC had other worries at the time. Moreover, it was before he moved on to the next stage of evolution. I believe that now he could handle it with a little time and practice.

DrakoGhoul

Engaged Member
Jul 13, 2018
Yes, and it confirms what I said.

MC (by mistake) tried to absorb not only her strength, but also her whole being, her personality and all her memories. But one body cannot have two dominant personalities, and her full strength was more than his body was able to bear at the time. Instead of trying to absorb everything, he should have explore how her power worked and then replicate it using his own power and within his own body, just as he did with animals. But that would require time and I guess MC had other worries at the time. Moreover, it was before he moved on to the next stage of evolution. I believe that now he could handle it with a little time and practice.
It's specifically isolated her power there. It said and I quote "And her power, it clashes against my own, battling for dominance within my body. Both can't exist, as a vessel I'm much too weak, much too frail. Only one can live within me, only one... and it has to be mine". It wasn't just her personality that couldn't exist but also her power. He specifically calls it an Impurity and used his power to purge Danica's while absorbing her mind separate. Could he do it if he was stronger there? Sure but that's not a guarantee.

Also, after reading through the Kenny scene again, I'm not seeing where he stolen his abilities. The MC didn't make the oily creatures there in the dead end. He just grabbed their Mental Link and took control of the ones that was already there(and there's a few because you have to run pass them during that scene). That's a power he unlocks himself later and it's not impossible to say that's the "new power" he obtained but earlier from his corruption(which is how he gains said ability later).

I'm not saying your theory isn't possible. I just don't necessarily see the same thing in those scenes. Which is completely fine. We'll have to wait until this next update to continue this. If he can't absorb Jake's power(if allowed) then that makes it 0-3 for being able to learn others superhuman abilities without losing his sanity. I have a feeling some really important details are about to come to light. So I'm going to hold off on this discussion, for now.

Rutonat

Sep 28, 2020
Maybe more mimicking ? After all, he did mimic other "things" capabilities like the animals' particularities and powers he's seen like Ella's tendrils...
And mimicking is a forme of adaptation. There's plenty of that found in nature, notably with flowers mimicking birds or insects to ward off predators. I think I even remember a butterfly with wings pattern that mimic bug predator's eyes for that same reason.

No, I'm not letting go of my Adaptation Power theory. At least not until the game clearly disproves it.

That would be interesting... except that people who did a full Corruption playthrough didn't see any difference on that side. Just embracing corruption doesn't net new powers or better "absorption" of others powers. So it seems quite unlikely.

Also, you called it out as impossible... but I fail to see how your theories are so much different from mine. As stated before, there's a fuckload of examples in nature of various life-forms (plants, animals, etc) who mimic something to get an edge over their predators. Others devellopt to survive, like anteaters do to get their food.
Taking into account how much faster a monster/superhuman devellop and gets stronger, it seems plausible that change, "evolution" (not in the meaning the game uses it) and adaptation would trigger that much faster. So far, I haven't seen any concrete proof that it can't be the case.

As for your theory, sure I can't totally disprove it either, so I'm not going to do the same and say it's wrong. But the logic seems to be a bit too off to be likely (though, WeirdWorld could be setting us up for a surprise). But I think the lovely Drako pointed that out quite more efficiently than I could.

DrakoGhoul

Engaged Member
Jul 13, 2018
Maybe more mimicking ? After all, he did mimic other "things" capabilities like the animals' particularities and powers he's seen like Ella's tendrils...
And mimicking is a forme of adaptation. There's plenty of that found in nature, notably with flowers mimicking birds or insects to ward off predators. I think I even remember a butterfly with wings pattern that mimic bug predator's eyes for that same reason.

No, I'm not letting go of my Adaptation Power theory. At least not until the game clearly disproves it.
The Ella thing isn't really too hard for the MC since they share the same power set. He's just better at it overall in raw talent compared to her but he's still a noob. Not saying your mimic and adaptation thing is wrong because we actually see him do this with animals. I'm just saying the Ella part isn't really that hard when they have the same ability.

I'm on the fence that he can learn other's Superhuman powers. I can definitely see him mimic Alexis because her Iron powers are something he can do himself but I can't see him learn Clark, Danica, or Klaus since they're energy projection-type powers. Or Nico's since she can teleport. In my head, it's more like a compatibility thing. He can mimic those that are similar but runs into a hurdle with powers that are far too different. As for the MC going out and stealing others abilities from them, I don't think he can do that without heavy consequences, at least right now.

That's why I'm waiting for next update because it might reveal a better picture for all of this.

Rutonat

Sep 28, 2020
The Ella thing isn't really too hard for the MC since they share the same power set. He's just better at it overall in raw talent compared to her but he's still a noob. Not saying your mimic and adaptation thing is wrong because we actually see him do this with animals. I'm just saying the Ella part isn't really that hard when they have the same ability.
Well, yes, but maybe no ? Their power seem to be similar. But it's not like we know for sure actually. I fail to remember when the MC starts learning to make tentacles, if he's seen Ella do it or notat this point. But I do remember the first manifestation of his power (aside from his new buffed form) : stretching his arm. Which happens subconsciously because he want to reach out to something. And what is adaptation if not evolution to fulfill the need to do something ?
Not saying "I'm definitely right", but that's kind of a clue supporting the theory as well. Though it could be pure and only shapeshifting, but there are other capacities he shows that can't really be explained by pure and simple shapeshifting...

I'm on the fence that he can learn other's Superhuman powers. I can definitely see him mimic Alexis because her Iron powers are something he can do himself but I can't see him learn Clark, Danica, or Klaus since they're energy projection-type powers. Or Nico's since she can teleport. In my head, it's more like a compatibility thing. He can mimic those that are similar but runs into a hurdle with powers that are far too different. As for the MC going out and stealing others abilities from them, I don't think he can do that without heavy consequences, at least right now.
Maybe it's psychological. He's been told his powers are of a shapeshifting nature, and never questionned it, if memory serves. Yet, some things are definitely not shapeshifting, like the telepathic parts of seeing other people's memories.
Again, not saying I'm right, but it could also simply be than he can't because he believes he can't, on account of him thinking his power is shapeshifting specifically.

Edvin

Jun 3, 2017
DrakoGhoul , Rutonat
Maybe I didn't choose the most appropriate word.
Steal, Copy, Absorption, Mimicking...
The term is not as important as the effect itself.

"You had something, but after examining your essence in detail, I can have it too."

That would be interesting... except that people who did a full Corruption playthrough didn't see any difference on that side. Just embracing corruption doesn't net new powers or better "absorption" of others powers. So it seems quite unlikely.
You'll get Bad Ending if you try to absorb Kenny's head and don't purge it first.
Personally, I see Corruption as something like a loss of control. You will be stronger, but you will gradually lose yourself as you will be more and more a monster that is governed only by basic instincts.

In the dialogues around Bailey, there was a mention where MC said he thought he had limited control over black slime, precisely because he absorbed Kenny's head and part of his abilities. But I haven't seen a version of the dialogues where you haven't absorbed his head.

I also can't answer how far his ability to steal (or what he actually does) abilities goes.

There are different types of monsters, so it is possible that his abilities are limited to those powers that come from the same evolutionary tree. But it is possible that MC is (or will be) so malleable that if he understands enough how powers works, he can adapt his body to use it. So far, we don't have enough information to be sure.

P.S.
Have you seen TV show Heroes?
There was a villain named Sylar who could adapt his body to use ALL superpowers.
But first he had to open the person's head and examine brain to understand exactly how power worked.
It didn't matter what power it was. If he knew how it worked, he could adjust his body so he could use it.
It reminds me a bit of MC's abilities.

DrakoGhoul

Engaged Member
Jul 13, 2018
DrakoGhoul , Rutonat

"You had something, but after examining your essence in detail, I can have it too."

You'll get Bad Ending if you try to absorb Kenny's head and don't purge it first.
Personally, I see Corruption as something like a loss of control. You will be stronger, but you will gradually lose yourself as you will be more and more a monster that is governed only by basic instincts.

In the dialogues around Bailey, there was a mention where MC said he thought he had limited control over black slime, precisely because he absorbed Kenny's head and part of his abilities. But I haven't seen a version of the dialogues where you haven't absorbed his head.

I also can't answer how far his ability to steal (or what he actually does) abilities goes.

There are different types of monsters, so it is possible that his abilities are limited to those powers that come from the same evolutionary tree. But it is possible that MC is (or will be) so malleable that if he understands enough how powers works, he can adapt his body to use it. So far, we don't have enough information to be sure.

P.S.
There was a villain named Sylar who could adapt his body to use ALL superpowers.
But first he had to open the person's head and examine brain to understand exactly how power worked.
It didn't matter what power it was. If he knew how it worked, he could adjust his body so he could use it.
I guess we'll have to see.

Also yeah I've watched Heroes and remember a bit about that. Though my memory is definitely shaky since I binged it years ago, all at once when it was On Demand. All I vaguely remember was Sylar being Peter's half brother(?) and what you mentioned above.

Reactions: Festerbloom

DrakoGhoul

Engaged Member
Jul 13, 2018
Well, yes, but maybe no ? Their power seem to be similar. But it's not like we know for sure actually. I fail to remember when the MC starts learning to make tentacles, if he's seen Ella do it or notat this point. But I do remember the first manifestation of his power (aside from his new buffed form) : stretching his arm. Which happens subconsciously because he want to reach out to something. And what is adaptation if not evolution to fulfill the need to do something ?
Not saying "I'm definitely right", but that's kind of a clue supporting the theory as well. Though it could be pure and only shapeshifting, but there are other capacities he shows that can't really be explained by pure and simple shapeshifting...

Maybe it's psychological. He's been told his powers are of a shapeshifting nature, and never questionned it, if memory serves. Yet, some things are definitely not shapeshifting, like the telepathic parts of seeing other people's memories.
Again, not saying I'm right, but it could also simply be than he can't because he believes he can't, on account of him thinking his power is shapeshifting specifically.
It could be, yeah.

Reactions: Rutonat

Rutonat

Sep 28, 2020
DrakoGhoul , Rutonat

Yes but what you did mention implies that being able to do with more corruption could lead to absorbing better/more power. Since WeirdWorld hasn't shown to be the type to let parts of the game unfinished to move on with others, I think it's safe to say that's probably not the case, since you don't get new or better powers from Corruption runs, from what others noticed.

I did, as I have no recollection of absorbing the head in my run. I even was surprised when someone mentionned it. And I don't remember a mention of anything akin to the MC having influence over the black slime thanks to Kenny's power having been absorbed.

Possibly. Though there are a lot of unknown right now, and even then my guess is that we'll probably won't have clear informations, nevermind answers, until we're really threading into Numbered territory, on the story.
But if my mimicking/adaptation theory holds any waters, it could also be because he hasn't had the need for some of those powers. It's one thing to want something, but subconsciously know you need it is another... And adding the idea of possibly having a subconscious block, it would be logical he can't only go for powers that are vaguely similar. Only time will tell, probably not before we're dealing with Ella directly...

Didn't he eventually learn to "learn to use" powers without having to kill people who couldn't regenerate like the cheerleader ? It's been a while since I've seen this show...

Reactions: Darth_Meow_504

Edvin

Jun 3, 2017
Yes but what you did mention implies that being able to do with more corruption could lead to absorbing better/more power. Since WeirdWorld hasn't shown to be the type to let parts of the game unfinished to move on with others, I think it's safe to say that's probably not the case, since you don't get new or better powers from Corruption runs, from what others noticed.
In that case, I did not use an appropriate comparison or you misunderstood me.
I didn't want to imply anything like that.

But it would make sense (according to lore), because when Kenny lost control, he got a massive power boost, and although he just got his powers, he was more than a worthy opponent for MC.

Didn't he eventually learn to "learn to use" powers without having to kill people who couldn't regenerate like the cheerleader ? It's been a while since I've seen this show...
Cheerleader survived precisely because she was able to regenerate, so opening her skull and examining her brain didn't kill her :)

Reactions: Darth_Meow_504

Rutonat

Sep 28, 2020
In that case, I did not use an appropriate comparison or you misunderstood me.
I didn't want to imply anything like that.

But it would make sense (according to lore), because when Kenny lost control, he got a massive power boost, and although he just got his powers, he was more than a worthy opponent for MC.
A pure Corruption route does lead you to having more Power though, that has been confirmed. But only in the "stat" sense, not in the "cumulating more powers" as in different power sets.

Cheerleader survived precisely because she was able to regenerate, so opening her skull and examining her brain didn't kill her :)
Yeah I know that, but I can't remember if Sylar didn't eventually learn to use his own "power" without killing. As mentionned, it's been a long time. I just remember he ended up being "good" at some point (though still a bit unsettling). He even had a kid.

4.80 star(s) 346 Votes