XeroZero000

Apr 18, 2020
Then wtf is Deus doing? He seems to be seeing different timelines or something kinda like that
Imo, it's probably that the future is always uncertain and hasn't been decided yet. So, Deus and Zack (iirc) are spying on the possible futures, and they're just fine-tuning and creating their desired future.

weezal

Jul 5, 2022
Imo, it's probably that the future is always uncertain and hasn't been decided yet. So, Deus and Zack (iirc) are spying on the possible futures, and they're just fine-tuning and creating their desired future.
I thought Zack's whole thing was that he could just create a "save point" and loop back to it if things don't go well. Deus on the other hand is doing some real mystical shit. Seeing through that screen monster in the dream world. His reaction to the eye dead-end during the diamond battle. Being able to somehow just kill MC through time. Blud is not playing by the same rules as everyone else. It's kind of remarkable the big 3 trust this man to not do something crazy.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: SquallofNight

DrakoGhoul

Engaged Member
Jul 13, 2018
I thought Zack's whole thing was that he could just create a "save point" and loop back to it if things don't go well. Deus on the other hand is doing some real mystical shit. Seeing through that screen monster in the dream world. His reaction to the eye dead-end during the diamond battle. Being able to somehow just kill MC through time. Blud is not playing by the same rules as everyone else. It's kind of remarkable the big 3 trust this man to not do something crazy.
That's the thing. They don't know, according to Dexter and Xanthe. Deus is keeping all kinds of secrets and is doing his own thing in the background. If he truly has control of Time and Space, they can't outmaneuver him without him knowing it's coming. Especially if he also reached the point of control with Time and Space to wield Infinity. Assuming he has dual traits like MC and Henri. He was supposedly the only one who could corner Hex, who also wields Time and Space to form Dimensions.

weezal

Jul 5, 2022
Some spoilers about Jake, pretty generic and lacking in detail but still, if you did not reach at least the HERO arc of the game then it might be best not to read.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Also with him getting his ass truly handed to him this could disqualify him from ever naturally evolving to level 5. We do not know the rules but that could be part of it, and never being able to hit 5 naturally would really limit his power. We also know reaching level 5 is pretty important through Ella evolving and then realizing she wasn't the one.

Last edited:

XeroZero000

Apr 18, 2020
Also with him getting his ass truly handed to him this could disqualify him from ever naturally evolving to level 5. We do not the rules but that could be part of it, and never being able to hit 5 naturally would really limit his power. We also know reaching level 5 is pretty important through Ella evolving and then realizing she wasn't the one.
He might still be able to become level 5 with serum, but since he deviated from his original path, he might become something else.

DrakoGhoul

Engaged Member
Jul 13, 2018
Losing doesn't disqualify you from reaching Level 5. If it did, MC won't reach it as well for losing badly to Klaus in their first fight. Then there's losing to Deryl before he turned into a monster. Or when he lost to Jake during their prison fight. Or when MC lost to Shen, Devana and Evander.

Will it lower Jake's chance of evolving? Probably. But even Danica after getting a thorough beating by MC still reached Level 3 naturally. Besides, why are we taking Ella's word for it anyway? She didn't reach Level 5 naturally herself and doesn't actually know what it entails. Only people who would know are Malik, Bernhardt and Henri. Everyone else is just guessing.

weezal

Jul 5, 2022
Losing doesn't disqualify you from reaching Level 5. If it did, MC won't reach it as well for losing badly to Klaus in their first fight. Then there's losing to Deryl before he turned into a monster. Or when he lost to Jake during their prison fight. Or when MC lost to Shen, Devana and Evander.

Will it lower Jake's chance of evolving? Probably. But even Danica after getting a thorough beating by MC still reached Level 3 naturally. Besides, why are we taking Ella's word for it anyway? She didn't reach Level 5 naturally herself and doesn't actually know what it entails. Only people who would know are Malik, Bernhardt and Henri. Everyone else is just guessing.
well there is the possibility that MC will not be able to reach level 5 naturally. I can't remember the dialog but someone did mention that MC could already be disqualified without knowing. Reaching level 3 is completely different to 5. There seems to be specific trials required.

DrakoGhoul

Engaged Member
Jul 13, 2018
well there is the possibility that MC will not be able to reach level 5 naturally. I can't remember the dialog but someone did mention that MC could already be disqualified without knowing. Reaching level 3 is completely different to 5. There seems to be specific trials required.
To be honest, they're about equal in terms of being massive stop gates between evolutions. I think because we reached it ourselves, Level 3 starts to feel easy. But earlier in the game, Level 3 was some of the hardest for Level 2s to reach. That said, Level 5 does seem to have requirements, but we don't know what any of it is. Even what the Origin tells MC is only for his benefit to possess him.

Anyway, that was Clark who said that. After MC helped him defeat the sewer monster, I believe. But, MC probably won't ever be prevented from his natural 5th evolution. Seems nearly impossible with the complete trait for his power being Evolution. He might not have a perfect evolution like Malik and Bernhardt, but he'll definitely reach it like Henri did, if nothing else.

XeroZero000

Apr 18, 2020
He might not have a perfect evolution like Malik and Bernhardt, but he'll definitely reach it like Henri did, if nothing else.
Didn't the eye said something about evolution takes trials and errors or something along that line. If MC inherents or going to have same part of evolution then Mc going to get EVO 5 until he perfected his evolution I guess.

DrakoGhoul

Engaged Member
Jul 13, 2018
Didn't the eye said something about evolution takes trials and errors or something along that line. If MC inherents or going to have same part of evolution then Mc going to get EVO 5 until he perfected his evolution I guess.
I don't think so, unless I'm forgetting a specific scene. He was telling MC what it would take to reach full power during his dreams and that it primarily revolved around devouring after you defeat Jake. To devour Jake, Danica and so on during the Battle of Diamonds. But, I'm of the belief that only benefits the Origin, not MC.

XeroZero000

Apr 18, 2020
I don't think so, unless I'm forgetting a specific scene. He was telling MC what it would take to reach full power during his dreams and that it primarily revolved around devouring after you defeat Jake. To devour Jake, Danica and so on during the Battle of Diamonds. But, I'm of the belief that only benefits the Origin, not MC.
I'm talking about second dead end where he took control of mc before wind guy took care of him.

Gtdead

Jul 13, 2021
I'm talking about second dead end where he took control of mc before wind guy took care of him.
The Eye just entertains Ella's words in that scene. There isn't really anything of value in this quote regarding evolutions.
Regarding perfect evolutions, natural evolutions, difference between natural and artificial, comparisons to the Big Trio, take everything with a grain of salt. There are a lot of hints that this is more complicated than it looks.

As for the quote regarding MC being already disqualified, that's Xanthe (after Tiffany/Michael evolution), trying to make a point that it's impossible to know if one will meet the requirements, which is why they prefer to use the serum for the final evolution. It was a "for all we know, you may have already failed them" hypothetical, not a true statement.

4.80 star(s) 351 Votes