rainwake

Jun 8, 2019
You're right, everyone is far too dangerous and the MC should just kill/eat them and/or absorb their powers and become the undisputed ruler of the world. That way nothing will be able to threaten him /s :KEK:
At least the MC is no simp slave like Daryl and he's not power obsessed like Jake. He did what he needed to do to keep himself alive and to look out for the people he cares about. I'd trust him over the other two

Last edited:

KingWeWuz

Mar 8, 2019
Regarding the past:I know it's unusual of me to say this, but Deryl wasn't entirely wrong to cheat on Amber. She chose to withold sex from him and I guess from a guy's perspective it's not fair of her to do that unless she was upfront before the dating started. So, I wasn't bothered by her being forgiving to him.

Besides, he basically won and didn't kill you. What more do you want? A blowjob? Deryl might be into that if MC's a futa.
To an extent, I agree. I don't agree with the part where you basically say, "He cut off your arm and set you on fire. What more could you possibly want?"

I agree with the part where Deryl couldn't stop the fight. He had to finish what was started. When he woke up from mind control he was smart enough to know he couldn't just say "Hey man I broke the mind control, let's go have pizza." No. He had to subdue the mc then tell him I'm free of mind control. Which did happen.

I'm not bothered with the fact that the fight had to continue. What bothered me the most about Deryl was how MC approached the fight like an ogre. Strong and sturdy but completely braindead. In fact, I don't think he ever fought so poorly even when he was weak and barely adapting to his powers.

While Deryl could casually watch as he tore his friend apart. That is stone cold shit, watching your bro burn to half to death and cutting off his arms without showing a sliver of guilt.

DrakoGhoul

Engaged Member
Jul 13, 2018
I'm not bothered with the fact that the fight had to continue. What bothered me the most about Deryl was how MC approached the fight like an ogre. Strong and sturdy but completely braindead. In fact, I don't think he ever fought so poorly even when he was weak and barely adapting to his powers.
I had the same thoughts about the MC, not just during the Deryl fight but for the whole update. He was fighting so poorly overall. He started strong with the Mia fake out but after that it went downhill for him. I get that he didn't want to use his superhero armor in front of people and that the force there were heavily armed but the way he was fighting with his powers seemed way too amateurish. Like it looked good, visually, but seemed too held back compared to when he first became Evo lvl 2.

Deleted member 2553135

Jul 3, 2020
Regarding the past:I know it's unusual of me to say this, but Deryl wasn't entirely wrong to cheat on Amber. She chose to withold sex from him and I guess from a guy's perspective it's not fair of her to do that unless she was upfront before the dating started. So, I wasn't bothered by her being forgiving to him.
I would disagree; Deryl is entirely in the wrong for cheating on Amber. Just because he assumed Amber would have sex with him right away if they got into a relationship does not make it anyway Amber's fault, but maybe that is just me.

Rutonat

Sep 28, 2020
Regarding the past:I know it's unusual of me to say this, but Deryl wasn't entirely wrong to cheat on Amber. She chose to withold sex from him and I guess from a guy's perspective it's not fair of her to do that unless she was upfront before the dating started.
She was also 14 dude. Not all 14yo want to fuck the second they have an opportunity...

KingWeWuz

Mar 8, 2019
I would disagree; Deryl is entirely in the wrong for cheating on Amber. Just because he assumed Amber would have sex with him right away if they got into a relationship does not make it anyway Amber's fault, but maybe that is just me.
IDK, he probably should have broken up with her, I'm just somewhat sympathetic to his plight. Consider the saying "If you wont fuck your wife, she'll find someone who will." And I think it goes both ways for guys as well.

She was also 14 dude. Not all 14yo want to fuck the second they have an opportunity...
I can tell you when I was 14, every guy I knew wanted to fuck a girl. Don't know what women thought of it back then though so idk. Where did I imply all 14 year old girls were sluts?

Mandoto

Mar 23, 2021
Not really. Remember, unlike Deryl and others, Jared and his dad are the richest people in the sector after Tiffany's Dad. They should have the funds to support their growth at a faster rate. They also can buy that doctor who's working for Hero. He's not above work with people secretly like Klaus and his dad. It also depends on their monster power gained.

They can brute force there way to lvl 2 in like a couple of days without even using the serums. Then they can use the new advanced serums to reach lvl 3 or 4. They'll be weaker than most at the same lvl but they would progess faster. Jared would most likely fail at lvl 2 or 3 transformation while I can see his dad reach lvl 4 or even 5 before the end.

As for Michael, I see him growing fast as well but he'll probably do that by going around hunting monsters for sport. I could see him having an Armor type power since he loves hand to hand fighting.
A cop out in the sense that it's been used multiple times now, and in my opinion has already gotten old. Why just keep throwing artificially boosted newbies or savants at the mc when it's safe to say that other superhumans around the mc's power level exist, be it from Hero or elsewhere. Why not establish new rival characters from that pool instead of giving everyone and their mother powers, then drugging them up so they're able to push the mc to his limits just a couple days after getting them?

There really needs to be some kind of massive drawback to the forced evolution drug, otherwise it kind of undermines all the training the mc's done if others are able to achieve the same amounts of power he has within days. I get that the mc is probably trying to achieve 'perfect' evolution whether he's aware of it or not, and maybe he'll reach some sort of apotheosis once he maxes out, but I haven't really seen anything tangible that has shown me natural evolution is superior. Even during the Klaus fight, the mc was put into some sort of instinctual fugue state after evolving that let him wipe the floor with Klaus, but that ended soon after.

Deleted member 2553135

Jul 3, 2020
IDK, he probably should have broken up with her, I'm just somewhat sympathetic to his plight. Consider the saying "If you wont fuck your wife, she'll find someone who will." And I think it goes both ways for guys as well.
He should have broken up or gotten her permission at least. Just because she does not give him what he wants is no excuse for him to cheat on her (or vice versa), but I guess we just have differing opinions.

KingWeWuz

Mar 8, 2019
He should have broken up or gotten her permission at least. Just because she does not give him what he wants is no excuse for him to cheat on her (or vice versa), but I guess we just have differing opinions.
Agree to disagree I suppose.
That mainly imply that Amber was wrogn not to give Deryl her ass...? Like it's a bad thing she didn't want to give Deryl the only thing he was interested in her for...?
How dense are you ?
It's strongly suggested, considering he stopped cheating and continued dating and the fact that he said "we've been through so much together" that he cared about her beyond just sex. And no, I didn't say she was wrong to not let him fuck her. I was saying he wasn't wrong to fuck someone else. Big difference.
Since you're getting into condescending passive aggressive insults I'm gonna have to put you on ignore. I'd ask you do the same to me.

DrakoGhoul

Engaged Member
Jul 13, 2018
A cop out in the sense that it's been used multiple times now, and in my opinion has already gotten old. Why just keep throwing artificially boosted newbies or savants at the mc when it's safe to say that other superhumans around the mc's power level exist, be it from Hero or elsewhere. Why not establish new rival characters from that pool instead of giving everyone and their mother powers, then drugging them up so they're able to push the mc to his limits just a couple days after getting them?

There really needs to be some kind of massive drawback to the forced evolution drug, otherwise it kind of undermines all the training the mc's done if others are able to achieve the same amounts of power he has within days. I get that the mc is probably trying to achieve 'perfect' evolution whether he's aware of it or not, and maybe he'll reach some sort of apotheosis once he maxes out, but I haven't really seen anything tangible that has shown me natural evolution is superior. Even during the Klaus fight, the mc was put into some sort of instinctual fugue state after evolving that let him wipe the floor with Klaus, but that ended soon after.
I mean, I did say that Jared would probably fail at Evo Lvl 2 or 3. I personally don't see him as a noteworthy rival. In fact, I'd prefer if the MC fought people like Danica and Hero members(not them literally), myself, so we're in agreement here. I want people who've had their powers for a while and not some scrubs. Cole would be my first target as he's clearly powerful to some extent. Also some monsters sprinkled in.

As for Jared's dad, I don't think he's going to be an enemy or rival on our lvl. He's more going to be against Hero and Tiffany's Dad, I would assume. For Michael, I did say that he was most likely going to work for his evolutions since that seems more in line with his character.

As for drawbacks for the serum, if I had to guess, I assume that they stagnate faster the more they do it. There's only 5 Evo lvls. If they use it to brute force to lvl 3 from lvl 1 they're going to be weak as hell. This is just my assumption though.

Mandoto

Mar 23, 2021
I mean, I did say that Jared would probably fail at Evo Lvl 2 or 3. I personally don't see him as a noteworthy rival. In fact, I'd prefer if the MC fought people like Danica and Hero members(not them literally), myself, so we're in agreement here. I want people who've had their powers for a while and not some scrubs. Cole would be my first target as he's clearly powerful to some extent. Also some monsters sprinkled in.

As for Jared's dad, I don't think he's going to be an enemy or rival on our lvl. He's more going to be against Hero and Tiffany's Dad, I would assume. For Michael, I did say that he was most likely going to work for his evolutions since that seems more in line with his character.

As for drawbacks for the serum, if I had to guess, I assume that they stagnate faster the more they do it. There's only 5 Evo lvls. If they use it to brute force to lvl 3 from lvl 1 they're going to be weak as hell. This is just my assumption though.
I'd just hate for a pattern to develop where someone gets powers and days later they're on your level because they took some drugs or they're smarter/more disciplined/etc. than the mc, no matter how long they last. Glad we're in agreement about experienced adversaries though.

As for Michael, as much as I like his character, I think it'd be more interesting and unexpected if he failed and we were left to clean up the consequences of that. But that's unlikely seeing he has a relationship score.

And I guess we'll have to see if there's any drawbacks to artificial evolution, as I don't think we've fought anyone who's forced evolution yet. Since I guess the serum Klaus took just temporarily made him more monstrous? Whatever that entails.

DrakoGhoul

Engaged Member
Jul 13, 2018
I'd just hate for a pattern to develop where someone gets powers and days later they're on your level because they took some drugs or they're smarter/more disciplined/etc. than the mc, no matter how long they last. Glad we're in agreement about experienced adversaries though.

As for Michael, as much as I like his character, I think it'd be more interesting and unexpected if he failed and we were left to clean up the consequences of that. But that's unlikely seeing he has a relationship score.

And I guess we'll have to see if there's any drawbacks to artificial evolution, as I don't think we've fought anyone who's forced evolution yet. Since I guess the serum Klaus took just temporarily made him more monstrous? Whatever that entails.
I would say Klaus does count, his serum was just bad quality. It messed up his looks but he most likely reached some kind of fake Evo lvl 2. I think that in of itself was the drawback, at least early on with all the brute forcing. As you could see from that fight, he didn't really stand a chance once he faced the real deal.

We'll have to see though. I'm sure we'll at least have some kind of scrimmage with Hero members at some point. Not lethal encounters but they'll definitely try to test our skills. I hope Alexis does it personally.

Our best chance for none artificial enemies would be Ella's older students. They probably had their powers for a few years like her and they should be all natural.

Dominosaur

Nov 21, 2021
I think the serum triggers the Evo, but I think Evolutions are more effective based on your power going in to it. Like, the MC has 10-15 power when he evolves, and his power raises by 20. Meanwhile Danica has like, 25 power even though she's evo 2. She probably evolved at like 5 power, went to 15, and built up to 25. I think evolving might like, triple-ish, your power, and the reason forced drug evo is bad isn't because the evolution is impure, but because you're getting less out of it.

Last edited:

YepperCause

Dec 23, 2017
In fact, I don't think he ever fought so poorly even when he was weak and barely adapting to his powers.
This is why it is the case that, if the author is not quite clever and the powers/abilities involved are not very explicitly defined, authors dealing with supernormal powers or abilities almost always have to write their protagonists (whose powers/abilities we, the viewers, know the most about) as idiots. For someone like MC, there are simply too many clever things that are at least seemingly possible and too many things he's tried at different times for many of these fights to present a real challenge, so he will increasingly hold the idiot ball as his powers grow and become more complex to explain why he isn't able to easily win almost every fight.

Virulenz

Engaged Member
Sep 27, 2017
Uff, the laste page was hard to read...now i've got a headache from all the shaking and facepalming...

1. Time is irrelevant. Evolutions work like level ups in games, use and train your skills until they reach its peak, then the evolution kicks in. Remember our beginnings? We explored every way of the power, we had mental, shapeshifting, regeneration, adaption, absobtion and because of the fights speed, endurance, agility and much more, we even learned to use absorbed genes like the venom production, nightsight, etc. You could say we started out on a very broad range so it took some time to max all the skills out, but once they were, bam evolution. And this evolution allowed us to repeat it, we could enhance and improve all the unlocked skills again and bam, next evolution.
Now lets look at the others...they all focused on a minimum of skills. Jake only on the mental stuff, Claus only on his shield and his attack beam, Deryl only on his creation/manipulation, Danica only on her cross beam and -mark, that coloss only on his 3 colored auras, ...btw, it wasnt before or after the beach, jake evolved while messing with mias memorys, thats why he lost control and damaged her brain in the first place, thats also why she dont remembers anything now, he just deleted too much and for now its really hard to say if she will ever be the same again (she was a smart nerd, maybe she is now dumb as bread, or forgot all interactions with most persons instead of only jakes latest) or if you can restore some of her memories. Maybe bringing back her memories is our ticked to train the mental upgrade we got from absorbing jake...
However, they all made the same mistake, they focused on a few powers and evolved from there. Surely, on a timescale they all evolved much faster because they only used a small range of their possible poweres, but they also couldnt unlock anything new after they evolved. Jake had his improved mindcontrol, he didnt needed to talk anymore to command, but overall its still only mindcontrol, just one level higher...if we hadnt killed him and he could have evolved again this abilitity would likely expand from single to mass control and/or more complex instructions, but it would still be the same skill, nothing new. Claus forced his evolution and as a result all his powers grew, but they didnt really improve, they only got stronger, but didnt unlock their next stage.
To me it looks like you can only improve the powers you unlocked before the evolution. That would also mean a fast first evolution and the forced evolution with the drug would (b)lock out all the skills you didnt naturally unlock before. Ella however developed her skills in a wide range just like us, so her powers grew immensly just like ours...but she had a big headstart, she did it since school. Her storys hinted she ran out of time for whatever she wants so she took the serum and forced the next step...her training methods may suck on a personal point of view, but looking at it from the results i'd say we could outgrow her power if we never take the serum and just continue what we do all the time: use and train every skill we can until we evolve.

2. A relationship is not an ownership. If deryl just wanted to get his dick wet he took the wrong girl and if he prefers to cheat instead of just asking her if he could release his hormones elsewhere its not a relationship at all. She even kept the relationship after discovering his betrayal, so the chances of her to allow him his fun elsewhere until she is ready were pretty high, but no, he just was an asshole. Then he expanded being an asshole to you. He never had stopped because he just is an asshole. Good thing liz sacrificed herself to his fist once she saw amber behind him, otherwise nothing had changed at all. However, back from the history to the past, in the first release of the game we got to know the main side characters including deryl. He already was an annoying jerk there and prowdly showd off his asshole personality while the narrating hinted he was always the one that got you in trouble...then he drags you to a stripclub and o wonder, trouble...dunno what anyone could like in such a character, for me its the kind of human noone would miss at all. However, he helped us in a hard time, so if i can help him on the way i will try, but i dont consider him a friend and dont want to spend much time or energy with it.

3. From EVERY logical point of view jared can only become a monster. Remember keny? The second he saw us was his end because of the anger/hate for us. Now look at jared...we humilated him in so many ways...we gave his reputation a deep blow, we broke up his relationship, we refused and humilated him as female and we finally broke a few of his bones and forced him to submit like a beaten dog. Additionally for those who absorbed jake, we also have his imprint and the humilation jared got from him too. Overall, even if he could manage the initial transform without turning into a monster right away, at the first sight of us he will lose control, be it like keny because of the breaking anger dam or because of the humilation if his new powers fail to kill you ^^
His father...well, he was not really impressive from the beginning, more or less a loser with enough money to make people think he would be someone. I think he would chance similar to jake, maybe with other powers ("maybe" because the host and the power need to be compatible and it seems he is pretty similar to jake except for his wealth and initial corruption due his lack in morals, so i wouldnt wonder if he would become some mindcontroller or mindbreaker as well). However, if we dont kill jared he wouldnt have much reason to do anything against us if ella dont indoctrinates him to go after us. At this time in the story its more likley he goes against his business rivals and if he drowns in his new power he may even suicide by trying to reclaim his tower from ella.

The final note for michal...he trains to reach the maximum of his human abilities before trying to become a superhuman...so we can assume he will fight the monster head on, thats also why he wanted a second pill in advance because "if the first one dont survies..." maybe its just a gag from the dev and he beats the shit out of both without getting infected/transformed at all ^^
His strong will and high selfcontrol may be hard to break so its unlikley he would turn into a rampaging monster, but if i remember correctly you need to (temporary) loose/submit at least part of yourself for the evolution, so he could prevent himself from it. Okay, theoretically that would give him time to expand his skillset, but based on what we know about him he dont cares much about anything else. I think his internal battle will be more complex than any other we have seen so far and the result will be critical, if he loses there is no doubt he will turn into an almost instoppable monster, but if he wins there are two possible outcomes...either the power "submits to him" and he will be able to fully controll it, or he totally breaks it and remains/becomes human again, maybe with some lingering benefits like higher regeneration and resistance. Either way, with his mindset i dont see him becoming anything more as a front soldier, but with his habit of killing people without any mercy and the gained ability to absorb them and learn from them instead of dumping the bodies somewhere like before, i think we will learn pretty fast what corruption looks like in its final stage.

Last edited:
  • Red Heart
Reactions: Dysphorika

DipYourFingersOnMyAss

Jan 13, 2019
I would say Klaus does count, his serum was just bad quality. It messed up his looks but he most likely reached some kind of fake Evo lvl 2. I think that in of itself was the drawback, at least early on with all the brute forcing. As you could see from that fight, he didn't really stand a chance once he faced the real deal.

We'll have to see though. I'm sure we'll at least have some kind of scrimmage with Hero members at some point. Not lethal encounters but they'll definitely try to test our skills. I hope Alexis does it personally.

Our best chance for none artificial enemies would be Ella's older students. They probably had their powers for a few years like her and they should be all natural.
So Natural Evolve Beat Homemade Evolve
since ella took it to evolving to level 5 i think our MC will have a chance to beat ella and her proteges if he just keep evolving naturally
especially the route where we absorb all other superhuman ability
and dont forget we have two monster parent while ella only have one and she didnt really want to work together with it

Reactions: DrakoGhoul
4.80 star(s) 346 Votes